Faces and Names
159 West 54th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Faces and Names
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.facesandnames.com/
- Phone: 2125869311x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 3:00am
Bars open until 4am everyday.
Copy the link below to take a look inside Faces & Names::
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Yadira or Alex for your catering needs.
- Entertainment: At Faces & Names we always play a lively mix of modern and classic rock and pop to keep an upbeat feeling going for the crowd.
Friday and Saturday nights after 10pm we have a live DJ spinning the best hits of all times.
- Special Events: We can accommodate parties from 10-160 people. Party packages available. Big screen, customized music and private room available for parties of 65+. Contact us for further details.
- Cross Street: Between 6th and 7th Avenues
- Public Transit: N, R, Q, & W trains to 57th Street, B, D, & E trains to 7th Avenue, 1 train to 50th Street, and the F train to 57th Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are two public parking lots on the block for your parking needs and meter parking on the street after 7pm, free after midnight.
A word from Faces and Names
Faces & Names is a warm, friendly bar/lounge located right in the heart of Midtown. Whether you are with one or many friends, Faces & Names is a wonderful place to enjoy yourself. We specialize in group gatherings and after work events, offering a fun and intimate setting for people to catch up, or friends to hang out. Faces and Names is a 21 and over establishment after 5pm, but families are welcome to come in with their children before 5pm daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Faces and Names reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great for lunchIenjoyeatingoutVIPDined on 10/15/2014Good food at a reasonable price. I have eaten lunch here with coworkers several times and have not had a bad meal yet. The chicken and avocado sandwich is one of my favorites and have had it on different occasions with curly fries or salad. On my last visit my coworker had the black beam burger and it was surprisingly delicious. I am sure we'll return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice vibe, good foodKK78VIPDined on 9/5/2014Went here after work with coworkers for a few drinks. They have a nice drink menu and a delicious selection of appetizers - hot pretzel bites, mini tacos, sliders, little cubanos, mozzarella bites. Service is very good also. Also affordably priced (as far as NYC goes). I've also been here for lunch twice since then and both times I was back at my desk in an hour without feeling rushed. Lunch menu is nice and food is good.Special Features:
- Faces and Names is fantastic!lizziehDined on 7/12/2014This bar/restaurant is a great, affordable find in the 50s. My friend and I ordered off the brunch menu and enjoyed our omelette and freshly made black bean burger, respectively. Jayne, our server, has a bright smile and a friendly, charming demeanor. She could not have been more helpful and accommodating. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great food/ Slow serviceKristenSDined on 7/4/2014Everyone at faces and names was super friendly so I feel terrible to say this..but the service was beyond slow. The place was not busy at all so I don't know why we were there for 2 hours just for lunch. The food was very good and again, everyone was very friendly so for that reason I will return...I will just anticipate being there longer then expected.Special Features:
- The following 49 reviews are from the Faces and Names reviews archive.
- event funeggsDined on 3/29/2014I held a reunion here over the weekend with 30 guests. I planned ahead with management and there were very attentive to my needs. Ate a quick meal of apps and they were great. Other guests ordered more extensive items and they looked great and I was told they were good. Drinks were very good and nice staff. The area in the rear with sofas was very nice for us to hang out and talk to people we had not seen in many years. Yet, had a nice big TV for the NCAA games so no one missed out on that while having a good time with old friends. A shout out to the staff there that were very nice and that we had an excellent time.Special Features:
- great last minute placechaunDined on 12/1/2013ive been to faces and names twice and both times i was very satisfied with the food portions, service and overall atmosphere. i would definitely recommend for a date night, or just meet up with friends.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and food!CybarDined on 6/19/2013Our dinner was great ! I recommend the sliders. The drink portions were healthy. The service was friendly. At no time did we feel rushed. High energy. We requested and were given a quiet table.Special Features:
- Interesting AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2013Didn't need a reservation for brunch since it was very quiet and opened a Noon. however,, saying that the brunch was good, the price reasonable, and I loved the Bloody Mary!Special Features:
- They'd prefer you had a few beersMartinezVIPDined on 3/15/2013Our waitress insisted that I order off the the wine list, even though all the wines-by-the-glass are also conveniently listed on the food menu. There are only five choices, but she insisted condescendingly to help me choose, recommending the riesling, guessing with a veiled sneer that I'd order the pinot grigio, and then looking surprised that I could pronounce sauvignon blanc. We ordered dumplings and stuffed mushrooms as appetizers, and caprese salad and grilled protobello sandwich entrees. All were serviceable, but forgettable, at this place that claims to serve comfort food. Funky caricature portraits of entertainment industry celebrities are fun, but the best art in the house is on the very fine coasters.
- awful. a dark, dingy bar withOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/2/2013awful. a dark, dingy bar with a few poorly placed tables.
- Food was fabulous and serverwhatever3333Dined on 2/22/2013Food was fabulous and server was wonderful. Very noisy so difficult to carry on conversation with others at the table.Special Features:
- Great Way To Start a NYC EveningTneckMOMVIPDined on 1/18/2013This was our first time there. I loved how the concept of the place was pub-like, with appetisers and drinks, it was just the way to start off a weekend night in NYC! We had a large group of 7 meeting up there, and the banquet tables with cushioned seats in the back were perfect for a comfortable gathering of a large group. The waitresses were very attentive, and the food was delicious (we ordered the spring rolls and chicken mini-tacos. We loved how the appetisers come already portioned to share with a group (7 per plate) and it helped set the evening off. While the drink bill was a little pricey, we will definitely return again.Special Features:
- Great loungeAdSmithVIPDined on 9/28/2012This is not a great place for dinner, but a great place for drinks. While the food they have is good and the menu is broad for a bar, the dark lighting, loud music and hightop tables (mostly) cue this more for a bar/lounge than restaurant. However, the staff is amazingly kind, helpful and fast - terrific! It's a great place to go with drinks in mind and an "OK" place to eat meal for dinner (lunch would be pretty good!Special Features:
- We visited for lunch and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/1/2012We visited for lunch and were able to relax and watch the Olympics on the huge screens. The food and service were outstanding. We plan to go back and try the dinner menu. There is ample, comfortable seating around a fireplace in the back which would be a great place to meet friends for drinks.Special Features:
- An ideal place to meet upOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012An ideal place to meet up with friends for a beverage and some fun. Love the cool paintings on the walls and seating provided modern but cozy feel for a group gathering. The proximity to the Hilton made it an just fabulous!Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2012Great place, great prices. Service was outstanding and food was tasty and prompt!Special Features:
- restaurant seating was notOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/20/2011restaurant seating was not available - we sat at bar, which was fine - glad there were plenty of seats as we were a party of 5, even tho' two teenagers were with us. The place had a tired feel about it but the food was good and the location was great as we were seeing the show at Radio City.
- I wouldn't come here for thejajayyyyyDined on 10/22/2011I wouldn't come here for the food, very basic american menu but its a cute place to stop in for a drink with some friends.Special Features:
- Faces and Names was fine forOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/17/2011Faces and Names was fine for a bar, but not as a restaurant. It's really just a bar that serves food. It didn't have real tables and a reservation wasn't needed. But the service was good and the food was good and reasonably priced.
- Great services. I had theMikeyboxxVIPDined on 8/9/2011Great services. I had the buffalo chicken salad which I wasn't that crazy about.Special Features:
- Competant bar food, quiet for lunchUlyssesDined on 7/15/2011I imagine this place might be jumping on a typical evening, but for our early lunch it was beyond quiet. Basically a bar with caricatures on the walls (some of them quite good) and bar food that's well done but nothing special. It wasn't exactly what we had in mind when we made the (as it turns out, unnecessary) reservations, but we gave it a try anyway. The activity level picked up through our meal, which was delivered quickly and competently. I was concerned that the deep fried items might be soggy since it was so early, but the fryer was ready and the chef up to the task. For our tastes there are more appropriate eateries in the area, but if bar food is on your radar, by all means give them a try.
- It was so loud we had to screamLYL17VIPDined on 4/21/2011It was so loud we had to scream at each other to carry on a conversation. Otherwise, the place is great.Special Features:
- i don't think this shouldrockyVIPDined on 4/17/2011i don't think this should even be included in your listings. the place was empty except for 2 tables of teenagers obviously in town on spring break on a tour or class trip. They were having a good time and there was laughter and noise, but that was ok - except the hostess (bartender) indicated we should sit right next to them when the whole place was empty - when we mentioned this she casually said, oh, sit anywhere...it went downhill from there.
- Very reasonable brunch menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/9/2011Very reasonable brunch menu. We were a little disappointed with the basic hamburger bun. Food well-prepared & to our liking.Special Features:
- I made this reservation forBlacklug2013VIPDined on 1/2/2011I made this reservation for 3am and I arrived early. I'm glad i did as the kitchen closes at 3am. My server mentioned that they never get reservations at 3am. The bar was very loud as the bartender was VERY loud as I guess he was entertaining his crowd.
- Faces and Names is a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2010Faces and Names is a good moderately priced bar/restaurant in Midtown. It is great for drinks and a meal and for after work hang out. I had a very good Alsace Reisling. The salad was pretty good but they put "prosciutto" in the salad that was just way too salty. In addition, they fried the prosciutto which is really confusing because prosciutto is not fried,it was like uber-salty bacon. I think it is akin to frying smoked salmon. Why would you do that? Otherwise the salad was good, it would have been better if I had not paid the additional $2 for ruined prosciutto. My friend said her tuna steak was good but was not rare like she ordered. Service was friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- We had a nice lunch exceptMikeyboxxVIPDined on 12/3/2010We had a nice lunch except for the fact that this guy next to us was laughing so LOUD that the entire restaurant can here him. It disturbed our entire meal. I wish the wait staff would have said something.Special Features:
- Overall I would have to sayFOODMOMVIPDined on 11/14/2010Overall I would have to say quite disappointed in the entire experience especially the service - seemed like only one wait person for the whole restaurant at noon for Sunday Brunch -Also they DO NOT have decaf coffee - hello its 2010 no decaf coffee?? At least they allowed me to go across the street to a deli and bring in a cup of decaf. Others we were with ordered eggs benedict and the eggs were hard boiled and no sauce. My burger was pretty good although I had to ask 2 times for ketchup which should have been brought with the burger. The location was great for the show we were seeing but based on lack of service I doubt I would go back
- loved loved loved this place!!lisalep4Dined on 10/25/2010loved loved loved this place!! our server was a gem and everyone made a big deal about my daughter's 18th birthday! the atmosphere is so cozy and fun and the food and service were outstanding!Special Features:
- Service was great. EveryoneDaveVIPDined on 8/31/2010Service was great. Everyone was very nice including our waitress. Great artwork.Special Features:
- lovely decor, relaxed atmosphereCocoaPitDined on 6/13/2010lovely decor, relaxed atmosphere and an excellent meal.Special Features:
- probably more fun at night,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/23/2010probably more fun at night, Sunday lunch was quiet with not many choices, although what we had was ok
- Food was great - service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2010Food was great - service was wonderful - would go back in a minute!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- F&N is a Bar and Lounge. VeryMarthaVIPDined on 5/19/2010F&N is a Bar and Lounge. Very different food offerings. Nothing much over $10.Special Features:
- While the service from check-inRhea58VIPDined on 5/16/2010While the service from check-in thru table service was excellent the food was mediocre. Both had the salmon w/horrible mashed potatoes. No veg. Good coffee. Full house @ lunch; won't go back.
- We were a group a 13 ladiesCougar1Dined on 5/2/2010We were a group a 13 ladies going for brunch before seeing a show. This is not my first time at Faces and I was in charge of choosing the restaurant. Everyone was pleased. The food is delicious. The prices are more than reasonable and the staff is incredibly friendly and accomadating. Honestly, I cannot say enough about the food. Everything we ordered was exceptional. It is surely a gem.Special Features:
- Love the decor - the paintingsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/9/2010Love the decor - the paintings of all the celebrities were a fun touch. The wait staff was very nice and attentive.
- Went after work for dinner,butArl10019Dined on 3/19/2010Went after work for dinner,but this place more suitable for happy-hour/appetizers. Seating uncomfortable for dining, huge tv way too large for size of bar and back room lovely and cozy but, again, no comfortable seating. I preferred Faces & Names at lunch time.Special Features:
- This is a nicely attired barSaxmanVIPDined on 3/13/2010This is a nicely attired bar with an attractive staff. You could bring your date here or your mother. The $15 brunch which includes a cocktail is a great bargain. The food is good for bar food; it will never be confused with what they are serving next door at Gordon Ramsays. Lot's of fresh beer on tap. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- It was the first time I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2010It was the first time I have been to Faces and Names. I will be a return customer. The food and service was great. A great place to get together with friends after work.Special Features: