1944 West 4th Ave
Vancouver, BC V6J 1M5Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fablekitchen.ca/
- Phone: 6047321322x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH:Monday – Friday 11:30am-2:00pm
DINNER: Monday – Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
BRUNCH: Saturday & Sunday 10:30am -2:00pm
Brunch seating is on a walk-in basis. Only complete parties will be seated.
Menus, Hours of operation and Reservation policy may and probably will change. We will try and keep you updated as best we can. Thanks for choosing Fable.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Trevor Bird
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Anything is possible. Call us.
A word from Fable Kitchen
Fable is the farm to table restaurant vision of Chef Trevor Bird. It is fresh food, locally sourced, thoughtfully prepared and served in a comfortable and unpretentious atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fable Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (12)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (8)hot spot (5)special occasion (3)good for groups (1)Show More
- Efficient and FriendlyAPTDinersDined on 8/10/2014We fit this meal between two shows at Bard on the Beach. It was an easy walk from the tents, and nice and quiet for an early dinner. The restaurant started filling up about 7PM, but would still have some space for those that drop in. They made some nice suggestions to deal with our dietary needs - even finding an off the menu dairy free dessert for me. The food was excellently prepared and the service was friendly and efficient. We will be glad to make a return trip to try some of the other tempting choices on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently terrificcecileDined on 8/7/2014I had lunch here with a friend and we both loved it. We have been here several times and each time has had the same excellence. We were not keen on the wine we had ordered and the staff were very accommodating - finding us another we might prefer (this was one glass each!) and we were pleased with their choice for us. I had the grilled cheese sandwich which was delicious comfort food - and my friend's rosti and canned tuna were also excellent. This is a jewel in Kitsilano.Special Features:
- Fabulous pre-Bard on the Beach mealandy1vanDined on 7/22/2014My cousin and I went here before going to a Bard on the Beach play. The staff and chefs are fun and friendly. We both ordered the sablefish feature (which was so beautifully prepared and delicious) and treated ourselves to the lemon meringue parfait afterwards. Will be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fable is always fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/20/2014I took my friend for lunch there and the restaurant impressed me again! I tried their canned tuna as an appetizer, beef burger and vegetarian pasta( pesto sauce, rapinni, and othervegetables with parmesan foam). I usually don't order a pasta at the restaurant but thier pasta was better than others for sure. The canned tuna was fun to eat and entertaining. You should def check out Fable! You will never expect a bad experience there.Special Features:
- always delivers!!luv2eatVIPDined on 6/17/2014always busy! always great service! always yummy specials to try!Special Features:
- I wish I had Six Stars!!luv2eatVIPDined on 6/9/20145 stars was not enough for the food and service at Fable!! 6 stars in both! Chef Bird is amazing and always has some fabulous dish/es with local ingredients. This must be no secret as Fable is always packed. The service is very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- The following 3 reviews are from the Fable Kitchen reviews archive.
- We ordered the canned tuna,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/15/2013We ordered the canned tuna, meatball spaghetti, and the ribeye family style dinner. The portion of the family style is generous. More importantly, everything we ordered was delicious. The server we had was attentive and overall the staff was very friendly. I will definitely want to go back to try the brunch!Special Features:
- Fable - It Was Great - No Lie!OneMansOpinionDined on 12/1/2013We had the Sunday "Family-Style Dinner"...every part of it, from salad to entrée to dessert was excellent. The service was great - absolutely no complaints about the service (and trust me, I can usually find something to complain about). If I had to make one comment it would be - the tables are too close to the neighbouring tables...but put that against the great food, and good service, and its not really a big deal. We had a wonderful meal overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely delicious!!KimCVIPDined on 11/17/2013Everything was so very well done. This was my 4th visit to fable in 2 months. They are consistently knocking it out of the park. Thank you also for excellent wine pairing. The lemon meringue parfait is just wonderful. The service is excellent. I love the music. The comfortable seating. The casual vibe. This ranks up there among the best value for dollar in vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.