49 Karl Fraser Road
Toronto, ON M3C 0E5Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fabbrica.mcewangroup.ca/
- Phone: 4163910307
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:15pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Fabbrica
'Celebrity chef Mark McEwan is expanding his empire...directly across from his McEwan high-end supermarket in the Shops at Don Mills. His latest venture will be his fourth restaurant, launched from scratch, after the city's North 44, Bymark and ONE — all this on top of his Food Network TV show The Heat..."This is old-school Italian cooking. We're going back in time to the artisanal rules," Mark says.'-National PostContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fabbrica reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (78)great for lunch (69)good for groups (61)special occasion (55)neighborhood gem (53)great for brunch (50)great for outdoor dining (34)kid-friendly (21)romantic (20)hot spot (19)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Business dinner for 4TommyDined on 8/20/2014Was a good choice considering 2 of the 4 in our party are part Italian. Food was great. Wine list larger than many similar restaurants and good mix of mid priced (for restaurant) $70+/bottles. Our first bottle of Italian Montelpuccina (?) was not as good as the Californian we went with after. Bread to start with oil/vinegar (ask for Butter). Good serving of Olives on the starter platter. Salads are a little dear at $14. 2 of us had Lobster Ravioli. Filling was a little drier than I expected, but still fairly good. The others had the fresh fish selections and were not disappointed. Overall, good experience. I had been there once before and suggested it. Quite easy to get to from Scarboro vs going to Yonge St or more downtown.Special Features:
- eeenhhManhattanDined on 8/20/2014expensive factory food. Didn't feel the love. There are way better options for italian
- Italian specialtyYourAvgYoungProDined on 8/18/2014Try the pizza! But eat it while it's hot. If not, the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and can help you decide on something delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Brunch/lunch menu poor - everything seems to be same, difficult to chose what to have. Staff more than unfriendly. Sitting in the back part of the restaurant - eat-in kitchen feeling. I would not recommend it to anyone.
- A bit priceyLuvfoodDined on 8/16/2014Had a bunch of app's. Don't mind paying for quality but found it a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!terryDined on 8/16/2014Thank you for asking for a review. Our experience at your restaurant was just lovely. The food was outstanding and of course the deserts were out of this world. One suggestion -- we shared two appetizers, two entrees, and a side, as well as three deserts between three of us(we were soooo full!!!) because the menu looked so good, we wanted to share everything. In an Italian restaurant we kind of thought there would be a 'family-style' option. Maybe you could add that to the menu. Otherwise, we've already made plans to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabbrica was awesomecheungyyyDined on 8/16/2014This place was great. Ambience and staff were very friendly, not in-your-face at all. Food was (delicious of course) prompt, came at exactly the right times (not too soon, not too late). Was blessed with complimentary sundae dessert that I easily would have paid full price for anyways. Service was absolutely amazing. For example, our waiter Chris just happened to notice us licking up sauce from our plates so he took the initiative to bring a whole loaf of fresh bread by just for dipping purposes (we ended up destroying the whole thing). Paying attention to small details like that can really make the experience in a restaurant go from good to absolutely excellent.Special Features:
- Great pizza and short rib pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I ate at Fabricca last Friday and loved our experience. My husband had the sausage pasta and I had the short rib pasta. I was going to go for pizza but asked our waiter about the pasta and he strongly recommended it so I changed by mind - and I'm glad I did. The pasta was delicious and not short on the braised ribs! My husband loves pizza and was very happy with his - not only the taste but the way it was cooked. The service was excellent as well. He wasn't pushy while we were deciding but was very informed and very professional. We will definitely be back and would highly recommend the place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great fooddinersdriveinsdivesDined on 8/14/2014It was our second time to Fabricca, this time with friends. Service was fantastic - friendly and attentive. We had 2 pasta mains and 2 fish mains, along with shared salad appetizers. The trout was fantastic, one of the best ever! The linguine was light and refreshing, with the shrimp cooked perfectly. The rapini was a bit over salted, but the snap peas were super crunchy and delicious. Rice pudding was very good, and the cannoli was huge - rich and creamy filling. Free parking is a big plus! Would rate 4+ stars, and we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great, Service Not So Much.LizzDined on 8/12/2014While I found the ambiance and food amazing, I found the staff to be fairly disengaged. They were barely ever around & when we were able to get their attention, the interaction with our table felt a little disingenuous (as though they would rather be anywhere else but at our table). I found this to be quite strange as my Mother-In-Law and I are polite, & unassuming people. Being a Manager in High-End Retail, I am quite familiar with correcting this kind "behaviour" & was a little disappointed to be the undeserving recipient of this. That being said, perhaps we were simply unlucky enough to be served by "green" staff. I would still recommend Fabbrica in the hopes that the next visit would entail a more elevated and inviting experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, good servicefaryiDined on 8/11/2014Loved the food, it was amazing. I had the pizza with mushrooms, roasted garlic and kale on it. The flavors were so well combined. I also had the Fabricca punch and it's probably one of the best summer juice blends I've had. Service was good too although I did find out server to be a bit more 'present' than I would have liked (a lot of check-ins to see if we were ok and a lot of up-selling attempts). Overall a great experience and a wonderful location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not a great atmosphereout4lunchDined on 8/11/2014We had reserved for 5 to celebrate a small family reunion. We had an overall pleasant enough time and the food was good but we expected more of a Mark McEwen restaurant. The prices were fine but the wine list prices were very high. There were no specials offered at this lunch. The waiter was very nice but the service was slow. We spent over two hours there - no time to order desert or coffee. The menu was somewhat unimaginative although my choice of ricotta gnocchi was excellent. The atmosphere was casual but too noisy and we would have preferred a more cosy approach. The music was much too loud. There was nothing memorable about the Fabbrica signature salad or dressing or the large bowl of olives offered as appetizers.
- Great serviceTennisgirlDined on 8/7/2014Went for dinner on a Thursday and it was nicely humming. The bar area was relaxed and service was fantastic. Rogers cup tennis on tv (which could be a smidge larger) and yummy pappardelle and seafood linguine. Amazing buffalo mozzarella too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TurtleDined on 8/7/2014Great food, friendly service but sloooooow. The restaurant was not busy at all yet my group still found the delay between drink orders and meal courses to be too long, especially for lunch. That said, I would give it another chance...for lunch...mainly because of vicinity to my office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SSTIF1Dined on 7/31/2014Food was excellent. Service was excellent. Happening place. Though, I just felt price for main meat dishes where over priced, especially when they also charge you separately for a side dish. Not cool. Not a place I could go regularly due to price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not great.......toflynnDined on 7/27/2014The service in the restaurant was great - and the atmosphere was nice but I was disappointed with the taste of the food. We started with the beef carpaccio which was bland even after we added salt. We then had the ravioli which sounded delicious on the menu but didnt live up to it. The tomato sauce was too sweet and the ravioli tasted pretty bland. We also ordered the pizza with arugula and proscutto. It looked fabulous but the taste didnt match. The crust was chewy and the flavor was just ok. Overall I expected more from this restaurant - I will not go back or recommend this to friends.
- OutstandingRalbarbDined on 7/26/2014Nothing more to ask for in a mid to higher priced restaurant. Ambience, clean, experienced and friendly service, welcoming. Haven't even mentioned the food. Any pasta dish with their tomato sauce, outstanding. Try the ravioli and the anti pasto salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Stars..... BUTCindyDined on 7/25/2014Overall a great experience for a night with out with my girlfriend. However not recommend for a romantic date night. Tables are situated quite close to each other not allowing much privacy. As for the food... the bread crust was brittle, the pasta dish was a bit oily and the food was overpriced. Lastly, considering it wasn't very busy it was a bit difficult locating a waitor. We weren't exactly sure who was our waitor. When we were able to locate someone, he was being a bit of a show off by flipping the pepper shaker around. Unfortunately he didn't catch it in time and it fell and hit my arm - bruising it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maryloughDined on 7/23/2014Order appetizer first, came within 5 minutes, way to fast. Seafood appetizer was not that great, you usually don't put smelts in the deep fried dishes, it only had smelts, mussels, and one tiny shrimp. Pasta dishes, small portions and the fish was over cooked.Special Features:
- Great food in the burbsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014Not only do we now have a great restaurant in Don Mills with Fabbrica, we also have McEwan's store. Love to dine in the front area when the weather is nice ... inside comfort with outdoor breeze and patio feel. Food of course is always fantastic.Special Features:
- Good food and place, bad service!LovetodineDined on 7/20/2014Unable to to get a high chair on the day of visit. Often difficult to get our server. The restaurant did not like the feedback we provided before we left. Most likely will not return to Fabbrica again.Special Features:
- Fabbrica is fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Great meal, great service. Excellent Linguine Nero. they served it in two bowls so we could share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, but don't need to return!BoorDined on 7/17/2014Waiter was great, the room was pleasant, the food Okay. We went on a Summerlicious evening to sample the food... glad we didn't pay the prices on the menu. Buffalo Mozzarella tasty, carpaccio too but the meat was tough. Small shrimp on polenta with good tomato sausage sauce. Pappardele, raved about by some, was OK pasta but sauce was flavourless. At the price we paid I'm not really complaining, went during summerlicious due to the mixed reviews. I expected more from a McKewan restaurant...
- A Summerlicious favouriterecipejunkieDined on 7/17/2014I work nearby and always hit Fabbrica for Winter/Summerlicious. The timing of courses was lagging as it got busier, but service was good overall. I shared pizza and a meatball sandwich with a lactose-sensitive friend, who was quite happy about the cheese being almost exclusively on one side of the pizza. The chocolate torte was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently reliable food/serviceRobinDined on 7/16/2014Thank you Fabbrica for another excellent dining experience. I've tried a few Summerlicious menus over the last few years, and your menu was outstanding: lots to choose from, good variety, staple favourites and excellent lunch portions. Please add the meatball sandwich to your menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was goodlavenderDined on 7/16/2014The food was good, but the restaurant was way too noisy, tables too close together and waitress was too slow bringing the bill, almost neglectful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusinessLunchDined on 7/14/2014Food is good. Service is good. Our friends find it a little bit too noisy though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerliciousDined on 7/13/2014My wife and 1yr old went for summerlicious-lunch, was great service. We ordered the pizza, one was slightly overcooked (somewhat burnt) but the other was perfect. Also took about 45 mins to get our main course, we sat down at 12pm so was a bit busy but understandable. Great service, friendly staff. Appetizers were really good. Would definately come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleVegasRegularVIPDined on 7/12/2014Terrible food and matching service. Will not return.
- amazing servicejacksVIPDined on 7/12/2014the service from the crew were excellent. food was pretty good. worth going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the Summerlicious MenuEHN13111Dined on 7/10/2014Decided to try out this local restaurant during Summerlicious. The food was good, about what I expected or maybe even slightly lower but I had high expectations going in. The server brought us one wrong appetizer initially but the error was quickly fixed even though he never apologized and tried to convince us that we had ordered something else. Will definitely give this place another chance to try out the regular menu as we are hopeful that the pasta dishes will be more impressive than the shrimp entree we had on the Summerlicious menu. The house wine was not great, will definitely order something else next time.Special Features:
- Slow, inaccurate serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014As this was a business lunch, I had limited time and stressed that to the server when we ordered the prix fix lunch - we ordered dessert at the on set. It took 40 minute for our starters ( they told us there was confusion in the kitchen) and we had to ask for our dessert 15 minutes after our mains cleared. At the conclusion I was handed the correct bill, but charged the wrong amount, so had to redo my payment. I was served a second bottle of sparkling water, even though I was not asked if I wanted it. Very disappointing after reading so much about this restaurant. As an Event Planner I was also evaluating the restaurant for a future group, which now will not be using it.
- Great serviceLeviticusDined on 7/8/2014I would definitely go back. Food was good, service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014My best friend and I recently dined at Fabbrica for their Summerlicious menu. We both enjoy our meal. Neither one of us had ever been there before, but would definitely go back and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious 2014McKayDined on 7/7/2014Had a great meal at Fabbrica for Summerlicious and will definitely be back for their regular menu. Food was very good and the portions were generous for a Summerlicious menu. Service was ok - nothing great but not bad either. Wine was recommended and we really enjoyed it. Half way through our apps, a different waiter came by and asked us if we were finished which my dining partner and I found really bizarre since we had only eaten half and had our mouths full. Besides that, it was very good and worth a visit.Special Features:
- A Good MealFood77VIPDined on 7/6/2014Was there for a late lunch. Restaurant was nice and quiet, the way I prefer it. Kept it simple, just some olives and pizza. You cant really screw that up. Food & servers were great as usual. Nothing really new to say, although they did another Italian beer (Castelo) to their list. A little more on the darker side of Moretti. Again, I enjoyed the meal and I'll be back again.Special Features:
- Good for Summerlicious!woodsrupVIPDined on 7/6/2014The open face meatball sandwich is a must try for Summerlicious. I will definitely be going back to try the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014The dinning room was hot and very humid because the patio doors were opened. My dinner guests were sweating througout the course of the dinner. We were told that the AC was already going at full blast and it will get better when the sun goes down.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014Not too many people , but food preparation is too long.Special Features:
- Hot and confusedDfigsDined on 6/28/2014I was extremely happy with everything. If I could comment on 2 things it would be that it was extremely hot in there. I wish the ac was a bit higher. Also, my boyfriend ordered the chicken. It was wonderful, but I wish the waitress would have informed us that it does not come with a side of any kind, simply the chicken. It was exquisite, now we know to order a salad the next time we order the chicken. Thank you for making our first anniversary so memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.