49 Karl Fraser Road
Toronto, ON M3C 0E5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fabbrica.mcewangroup.ca/
- Phone: 4163910307
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:15pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Fabbrica
'Celebrity chef Mark McEwan is expanding his empire...directly across from his McEwan high-end supermarket in the Shops at Don Mills. His latest venture will be his fourth restaurant, launched from scratch, after the city's North 44, Bymark and ONE — all this on top of his Food Network TV show The Heat..."This is old-school Italian cooking. We're going back in time to the artisanal rules," Mark says.'-National PostContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fabbrica reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)neighborhood gem (61)great for lunch (60)good for groups (60)special occasion (56)great for brunch (46)great for outdoor dining (32)romantic (25)hot spot (23)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- LunchPj11Dined on 10/19/2014We went at an off hour and it was very quiet. We had a lovely window table. The food was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service Rich Food Rich Price!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our server Sarah was excellent! Andre was also very attentive and corrected an error without charge. Would have been helpful to know the proportions of the appetizers as neither my wife and I were able to complete our mains. Also Valet was very slow and it was cold!Special Features:
- YummyredceaserDined on 10/17/2014Place was beautiful inside and service was exceptional. Food was good. Was good comfort Italian but not as tasty as a Terroni's ;)Special Features:
- A little disappointedFoodiefromNOTLDined on 10/17/2014We thought it was expensive for what we had - 3 soups, house salad, ravioli and sandwich, no wine and the bill was over $100. The service was attentive, though not particularly polished. Food was good, but not Wow. Very interesting decor. If we were in the area we would try it again for dinner but would not go out of our way.
- Fabrica Don MillsHowbasReviewDined on 10/12/2014Mark McEwen has a very nice and hospitable establishment in Fabbrica at Shoppes At Don Mills. Excellent staff; ambiance; service and the Brunch was very nice. I continue to enjoy this restaurantt and of course the McEwen Grocery Store directly across the street with outstanding product and again great staff.Special Features:
- Perfect Pricey PizzaMoodKillerDined on 10/11/2014Visited Fabbrica on Saturday night for an anniversary dinner. Meatball appetizer was tasty and the sauce deserved to be mopped up with the delicious home baked bread. (Two helpings!) My wife had the gnocchi and I had the Mergherita Pizza. The gnocchi were good but not among the best we have eaten in Toronto's Italian restaurants. The pizza was really tasty especially the crust that builds on the great tasting bread already mentioned. I would recommend eating here however it is a little too pricey to become more than an Italian restaurant for special occasions. It is possible to eat similarly good food in Vaughan, or little Italy for a third less money. This being said my wife, asked me to bring home the same pizza as takeout today..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MUST EXPERIENCE!CE89Dined on 10/11/2014The staff were quick, friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Everyone was always smiling and busy! The wait times for food were short which, for me, solidified how fresh their ingredients are. The ambience and decor-- romantic/love. There were families with children, groups of friends and couples. It worked perfectly for everyone. We sat at a table by the wood burning stove and we're able to watch the pizzas being made and baked before us! I was never one for Italian cuisine but now I know it's because everything out there was horrible! This is my new favourite restaurant and I will continue to come here for all my celebrations. You definitely must experience this for yourself as my words don't do this place any justice, whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014Everyone really enjoyed it! Their meals were thebest ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ilovedadDined on 10/5/2014The food was very tastey. my wife ordered strip sirlon @ $32 came with no vege,etc. nothing. every thing was extra. you add tax and tip, that small piece was for $40.00, I think was very priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only average this timeFoodLoverDined on 10/2/2014This was my third time eating here. The previous two times were above very good; this time was average at best. The salad was way over salted, the entries lack good flavor and the service was slow and unattentive, though the restaurant was not very busy. I will probably give it another try based on previous visits, and hope that this last visit was just an off night.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!Food77VIPDined on 9/30/2014I've reviewed this place many times. Again, a great dinner. Hats off to the pasta chef that night. They made an adjustment for my better half by doing the gnocchi in a white cream sauce. It was out of this world! I had the funghi pizza which had been cooked just right and not had just the right amount of truffle oil. Hostess and servers were great as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is inconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014The service was friendly this time but it was inconsistent, because last time I was there the server made a few errors and was really slow. If it was not for my friend who insisted to go there , I would have dropped the restaurant. I like the restaurant in general but the service should be more consistent among different servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitCanTazVIPDined on 9/28/2014I was expecting a more upscale decor for a Mark McEwan Restuarant. No linens, tables were more like you would expect at cheap diner. We went around 2 o'clock on a Sunday afternoon with reservations for a party of 5 The food was very good. Service was ok but it was not busy and we had to wait a fair amount of time for the server to return to take our drink order and then wait again for him to return to take food order. Waiting for him to return to take dessert order was about 20 minutes, we had to ask other servers to send him over.
- As always, a wonderful experience!foodieDined on 9/28/2014Fabbrica is our staple weekend brunch place now. Free parking, lovely ambiance, great service, excellently consistent food and great coffee. Exactly what we want on a Sunday morning! Thanks!Special Features:
- Excellent food!JL11Dined on 9/24/2014Meatball appetizer is superb! Pappardelle with braised ribs is one of their signature dishes and you can see why...excellent flavours. Pizza were also very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okFoodislifeDined on 9/24/2014Everything was just okay. Nothing to be wowed aboutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatmealDined on 9/23/2014Dinner was good but by no means McEwan great - actually pretty ordinary sad to say. The exception was our waitress who was superb but the food was unfortunately just ok. For the price probably won't come back.Special Features:
- Really bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014I have been to Fabbrica a number of times before and have always left pretty satisfied with both the food and the service. My most recent visit was really terrible. The service was incredibly slow and when we addressed this with the manager he brushed us off, in fact he had quite a bit of attitude and was not apologetic at all. When the food finally did arrive, some of it was completely inedible. Probably never going back, Bethany
- AlbertDined on 9/20/2014First time having dinner in this restaurant - Service was excellent, multiple servers helped us. Food was good. Some veggies should come with the main course, instead of side orders. Environment is cozy and quiet. Price of food is a bit on the high side comparing to other restaurants at the Shops at DM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent...I had the trout salad and my friend had the steak salad...fish and meat were both grilled to perfection, and greens were super fresh. And we tried the non alcoholic cocktails. I recommend the iced coffee with good strong espresso and a hint of nutella...not too sweet...just enough. I liked it enough that I'll be back with a larger group back at the beginning of October. Service was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was Great!dgfoodieDined on 9/19/2014Great Food! Great Service! Great Experience! Went over a year ago and don't know what took us so long to come back! Everything was perfect. We won't wait so long to return again!Special Features:
- Pizza recommendedPDarneauDined on 9/13/2014Friend highly recommended Fabbrica for their pizza! Was not dissapointed. It was excellent ! Table for 4, with all of us trying three different pizzas. You can't go wrong with any of them. Great bottle of Cabernet - 5 Rows from California. Good time was had by all and excellent free parking!Special Features:
- Service was very slowTomFDined on 9/13/2014Our server took a very long time to bring a beer and also did not check on wine and I had to do myself even though the wine was not kept at our table. When coffee was ordered it took him almost 15 minutes to bring even though the place was all but empty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Ooustanding food. The olives and the Bocconcinni salad with heirloom tomatees was excellent. Gnocci was fantastic as well. It wasn't very busy when we were there and we had good service.Special Features:
- Little taste of ItalyfoodloverDined on 9/8/2014Nice relaxing feel. The service was great, they were all so attentive. The food was great. The whole table especially loved the pizza. First authentic wood fire oven experience. Couldn't be happier. Would definitely go back. The only thing I didn't like was how sides were extra when you order steaks. Which made it too expensive for my pocket book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014We took a client to this restaurant and it was excellent. We all had pizza and it was as good, if not better, than the pizza we had this summer in Rome Italy.Special Features:
- TastebudsDined on 9/7/2014A big fan of chef mark, unfortunately the food fell short of our expectation, portion size and presentation was disappointing, food was extremely bland. Service was attentive and made the overall experience enjoyable, host was very pretentious and never cracked a smile, poor first impression.
- first time at fabiccamulabbsDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated some end of summer milestones with three generations and enjoyed our evening very much.Special Features:
- Great Food!!Caboose47Dined on 8/30/2014The appetizers didn't include the typical run-of-the-mill options you'd expect, like calamari or bruschetta .. but the bowl of warm olives was bountiful and enough for all 7 of us to enjoy. For entrée choices, despite there being plenty - 4 of us chose the ravioli, 1 the gnocci, 1 the pizza and 1 the linguini nero. I can only speak for myself - the ravioli was fabulous! fresh, hand-made pasta, wonderful blend of filling and spices and just-enough tomato sauce, sprinkled with freshly milled parmesan..yum! Judging by the empty plates at the table, everyone else's dish was just as delectable! For wine, we chose a Napa Valley red Coppolla. Overall, totally enjoyed the place, ambiance & food.Special Features:
- Business dinner for 4TommyDined on 8/20/2014Was a good choice considering 2 of the 4 in our party are part Italian. Food was great. Wine list larger than many similar restaurants and good mix of mid priced (for restaurant) $70+/bottles. Our first bottle of Italian Montelpuccina (?) was not as good as the Californian we went with after. Bread to start with oil/vinegar (ask for Butter). Good serving of Olives on the starter platter. Salads are a little dear at $14. 2 of us had Lobster Ravioli. Filling was a little drier than I expected, but still fairly good. The others had the fresh fish selections and were not disappointed. Overall, good experience. I had been there once before and suggested it. Quite easy to get to from Scarboro vs going to Yonge St or more downtown.Special Features:
- eeenhhManhattanDined on 8/20/2014expensive factory food. Didn't feel the love. There are way better options for italian
- Italian specialtyYourAvgYoungProDined on 8/18/2014Try the pizza! But eat it while it's hot. If not, the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and can help you decide on something delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Brunch/lunch menu poor - everything seems to be same, difficult to chose what to have. Staff more than unfriendly. Sitting in the back part of the restaurant - eat-in kitchen feeling. I would not recommend it to anyone.
- A bit priceyLuvfoodDined on 8/16/2014Had a bunch of app's. Don't mind paying for quality but found it a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Napoli Pizza in North YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Pizza is the best thing about Fabbrica. We don't go for anything else. Fresh bread is excellent and so is the Fabbrica sundae.
- Lovely!terryDined on 8/16/2014Thank you for asking for a review. Our experience at your restaurant was just lovely. The food was outstanding and of course the deserts were out of this world. One suggestion -- we shared two appetizers, two entrees, and a side, as well as three deserts between three of us(we were soooo full!!!) because the menu looked so good, we wanted to share everything. In an Italian restaurant we kind of thought there would be a 'family-style' option. Maybe you could add that to the menu. Otherwise, we've already made plans to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabbrica was awesomecheungyyyDined on 8/16/2014This place was great. Ambience and staff were very friendly, not in-your-face at all. Food was (delicious of course) prompt, came at exactly the right times (not too soon, not too late). Was blessed with complimentary sundae dessert that I easily would have paid full price for anyways. Service was absolutely amazing. For example, our waiter Chris just happened to notice us licking up sauce from our plates so he took the initiative to bring a whole loaf of fresh bread by just for dipping purposes (we ended up destroying the whole thing). Paying attention to small details like that can really make the experience in a restaurant go from good to absolutely excellent.Special Features:
- Great pizza and short rib pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I ate at Fabricca last Friday and loved our experience. My husband had the sausage pasta and I had the short rib pasta. I was going to go for pizza but asked our waiter about the pasta and he strongly recommended it so I changed by mind - and I'm glad I did. The pasta was delicious and not short on the braised ribs! My husband loves pizza and was very happy with his - not only the taste but the way it was cooked. The service was excellent as well. He wasn't pushy while we were deciding but was very informed and very professional. We will definitely be back and would highly recommend the place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great fooddinersdriveinsdivesVIPDined on 8/14/2014It was our second time to Fabricca, this time with friends. Service was fantastic - friendly and attentive. We had 2 pasta mains and 2 fish mains, along with shared salad appetizers. The trout was fantastic, one of the best ever! The linguine was light and refreshing, with the shrimp cooked perfectly. The rapini was a bit over salted, but the snap peas were super crunchy and delicious. Rice pudding was very good, and the cannoli was huge - rich and creamy filling. Free parking is a big plus! Would rate 4+ stars, and we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great, Service Not So Much.LizzDined on 8/12/2014While I found the ambiance and food amazing, I found the staff to be fairly disengaged. They were barely ever around & when we were able to get their attention, the interaction with our table felt a little disingenuous (as though they would rather be anywhere else but at our table). I found this to be quite strange as my Mother-In-Law and I are polite, & unassuming people. Being a Manager in High-End Retail, I am quite familiar with correcting this kind "behaviour" & was a little disappointed to be the undeserving recipient of this. That being said, perhaps we were simply unlucky enough to be served by "green" staff. I would still recommend Fabbrica in the hopes that the next visit would entail a more elevated and inviting experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.