49 Karl Fraser Road
Toronto, ON M3C 0E5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fabbrica.mcewangroup.ca/
- Phone: (416) 391-0307
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:15pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Fabbrica
'Celebrity chef Mark McEwan is expanding his empire...directly across from his McEwan high-end supermarket in the Shops at Don Mills. His latest venture will be his fourth restaurant, launched from scratch, after the city's North 44, Bymark and ONE — all this on top of his Food Network TV show The Heat..."This is old-school Italian cooking. We're going back in time to the artisanal rules," Mark says.'-National PostContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fabbrica reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (54)special occasion (47)great for lunch (37)great for brunch (25)notable wine list (24)romantic (22)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great service, staff knows their menuSTorontoONVIPDined on 11/24/2014Great, positive service that puts a smile on your face. Excellent menu, and knowledgeable servers are able to help with suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enter your phone number hereMadMaxDined on 11/21/2014It wasn't our first time here, the food is great. Pizza that was recommended to us by the staff was simply incredible, I believe it's called N'duja or something like. Recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing. Really a pizza place?jonahis14Dined on 11/21/2014I thought the decor was an unsuccessful hodgepodge of elements that don't make an interesting whole. The atmosphere is more cafeteria than restaurant. Tables are closely spaced but the room feels empty somehow. Thankfully when the background vintage rock music was cranked up above speech levels our server was kind enough to lower the decibels to a tolerable level. Food is uninspired, I had the chicken which was a generous portion ( a whole small bird) but the preparation was indifferent, looked grilled but tasted microwaved. Mains come without sides, and the prices are way out of line for a mediocre meal in the burbs. It seems this may be more of a pizza restaurant.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotDaMackDined on 11/20/2014Always a great spot to have lunch with clients. Not too loud and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall revieweev80Dined on 11/15/2014I dined there with two other couples and we all agreed that the waiter that night was pushy. It was as though he was hoping to turn over the table. We were chatting and enjoying each other's company when he came by and forced us to order appetizers. When we're still eating the appetizers, he came by for our dinner order which we weren't ready for. He proceeded to tell us that the kitchen needed our order. I felt obligated to make a decision on the spot. I ordered the gnocchi which is my favorite pasta. It was overcooked. My husband ordered the fish which comes with risotto. He could have made that for me at home. When we dine at a restaurant like that which has a notable chefs name behind it, we expect something we can't duplicate at home coupled with a superior experience. We will not be returning or recommending this restaurant! Great place I suppose for someone who doesn't know any better. Sorry!
- food and service as expectedMurlanDined on 11/14/2014the kind of restaurant where you don't have to think too much. Service is great, food is great and atmosphere is inviting. Menu is not overwhelming and menu choices are appropriate. Prices are not as high as i would have thought considering the locale and the reputation would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thediningdivaDined on 11/10/2014I loved the vibrant atmosphere and relaxed dining experience. The wines were amazing and reasonably priced. We tried two recommendations and loved both. The meatballs were delicious and the Orata fish was perfectly cooked and a great portion size as well. Definitely recommend to all my friends and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is good, service uninspiringTravelEasyTorontoDined on 11/5/2014First - the bad: 1. the menu is written by an uninspired person who does not understand customers. I've read the menu and didn't see anything triggering any interest. 2. The waiter was slow and indifferent to us (a group of 5 coming for lunch). 3. The restaurant has a charm of a factory floor - no ambiance, very cold and minimalistic (if you like it, but I did not like) Now the good: 1. food was quite tasty, regardless of what we ordered. Price was about $50pp, no alcoholic drinksSpecial Features:
- Fab alwaysToddDined on 11/2/2014Fabricca continues to be a favorite for my family. Well presented the food is great and served in a well timed manner I never hesitate in recommending this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- FairabruncherDined on 11/2/2014This restaurant is expensive, and the service is so-soSpecial Features:
- Would go back againOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014The food was very good. Good atmosphere. Only down side is that we waited an hour to get our main entrée for only a table for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014Our server was terrible. Rude and felt like he could care less. Tried to charge a more expensive bottle of wine to our bill. Will not be returning again.
- Great experienceYummyDined on 10/24/2014Great vibe, very busy Food was delicious and service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible food and servicelovetodineVIPDined on 10/24/2014Been to this restaurant for quite a few times, this time is the worst. we had to wait for like 30 minutes between first and 2nd course, $44 seafood stew is tasteless and plain, a few piece of seafood boiled in the water. Unfortunately this restaurant is on my blacklist now, will never come back.
- livetoeatVIPDined on 10/22/2014Fabbrica serves consistently good food. One of the few restaurants that serves-up shared plates with a smile. They actually split-up a dish onto two plates. Fantastic service. Five large raviolis stuffed with meat and perch on bed of sweet pea risotto were both excellent. Highly recommended Italian restaurant. One of the best.Special Features:
- LunchPj11Dined on 10/19/2014We went at an off hour and it was very quiet. We had a lovely window table. The food was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service Rich Food Rich Price!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our server Sarah was excellent! Andre was also very attentive and corrected an error without charge. Would have been helpful to know the proportions of the appetizers as neither my wife and I were able to complete our mains. Also Valet was very slow and it was cold!Special Features:
- YummyredceaserDined on 10/17/2014Place was beautiful inside and service was exceptional. Food was good. Was good comfort Italian but not as tasty as a Terroni's ;)Special Features:
- A little disappointedFoodiefromNOTLDined on 10/17/2014We thought it was expensive for what we had - 3 soups, house salad, ravioli and sandwich, no wine and the bill was over $100. The service was attentive, though not particularly polished. Food was good, but not Wow. Very interesting decor. If we were in the area we would try it again for dinner but would not go out of our way.
- Fabrica Don MillsHowbasReviewDined on 10/12/2014Mark McEwen has a very nice and hospitable establishment in Fabbrica at Shoppes At Don Mills. Excellent staff; ambiance; service and the Brunch was very nice. I continue to enjoy this restaurantt and of course the McEwen Grocery Store directly across the street with outstanding product and again great staff.Special Features:
- Perfect Pricey PizzaMoodKillerDined on 10/11/2014Visited Fabbrica on Saturday night for an anniversary dinner. Meatball appetizer was tasty and the sauce deserved to be mopped up with the delicious home baked bread. (Two helpings!) My wife had the gnocchi and I had the Mergherita Pizza. The gnocchi were good but not among the best we have eaten in Toronto's Italian restaurants. The pizza was really tasty especially the crust that builds on the great tasting bread already mentioned. I would recommend eating here however it is a little too pricey to become more than an Italian restaurant for special occasions. It is possible to eat similarly good food in Vaughan, or little Italy for a third less money. This being said my wife, asked me to bring home the same pizza as takeout today..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MUST EXPERIENCE!CE89Dined on 10/11/2014The staff were quick, friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Everyone was always smiling and busy! The wait times for food were short which, for me, solidified how fresh their ingredients are. The ambience and decor-- romantic/love. There were families with children, groups of friends and couples. It worked perfectly for everyone. We sat at a table by the wood burning stove and we're able to watch the pizzas being made and baked before us! I was never one for Italian cuisine but now I know it's because everything out there was horrible! This is my new favourite restaurant and I will continue to come here for all my celebrations. You definitely must experience this for yourself as my words don't do this place any justice, whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014Everyone really enjoyed it! Their meals were thebest ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ilovedadDined on 10/5/2014The food was very tastey. my wife ordered strip sirlon @ $32 came with no vege,etc. nothing. every thing was extra. you add tax and tip, that small piece was for $40.00, I think was very priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only average this timeFoodLoverDined on 10/2/2014This was my third time eating here. The previous two times were above very good; this time was average at best. The salad was way over salted, the entries lack good flavor and the service was slow and unattentive, though the restaurant was not very busy. I will probably give it another try based on previous visits, and hope that this last visit was just an off night.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!Food77VIPDined on 9/30/2014I've reviewed this place many times. Again, a great dinner. Hats off to the pasta chef that night. They made an adjustment for my better half by doing the gnocchi in a white cream sauce. It was out of this world! I had the funghi pizza which had been cooked just right and not had just the right amount of truffle oil. Hostess and servers were great as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is inconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014The service was friendly this time but it was inconsistent, because last time I was there the server made a few errors and was really slow. If it was not for my friend who insisted to go there , I would have dropped the restaurant. I like the restaurant in general but the service should be more consistent among different servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitCanTazVIPDined on 9/28/2014I was expecting a more upscale decor for a Mark McEwan Restuarant. No linens, tables were more like you would expect at cheap diner. We went around 2 o'clock on a Sunday afternoon with reservations for a party of 5 The food was very good. Service was ok but it was not busy and we had to wait a fair amount of time for the server to return to take our drink order and then wait again for him to return to take food order. Waiting for him to return to take dessert order was about 20 minutes, we had to ask other servers to send him over.
- As always, a wonderful experience!foodieDined on 9/28/2014Fabbrica is our staple weekend brunch place now. Free parking, lovely ambiance, great service, excellently consistent food and great coffee. Exactly what we want on a Sunday morning! Thanks!Special Features:
- Excellent food!JL11Dined on 9/24/2014Meatball appetizer is superb! Pappardelle with braised ribs is one of their signature dishes and you can see why...excellent flavours. Pizza were also very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okFoodislifeDined on 9/24/2014Everything was just okay. Nothing to be wowed aboutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatmealDined on 9/23/2014Dinner was good but by no means McEwan great - actually pretty ordinary sad to say. The exception was our waitress who was superb but the food was unfortunately just ok. For the price probably won't come back.Special Features:
- Really bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014I have been to Fabbrica a number of times before and have always left pretty satisfied with both the food and the service. My most recent visit was really terrible. The service was incredibly slow and when we addressed this with the manager he brushed us off, in fact he had quite a bit of attitude and was not apologetic at all. When the food finally did arrive, some of it was completely inedible. Probably never going back, Bethany
- AlbertDined on 9/20/2014First time having dinner in this restaurant - Service was excellent, multiple servers helped us. Food was good. Some veggies should come with the main course, instead of side orders. Environment is cozy and quiet. Price of food is a bit on the high side comparing to other restaurants at the Shops at DM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent...I had the trout salad and my friend had the steak salad...fish and meat were both grilled to perfection, and greens were super fresh. And we tried the non alcoholic cocktails. I recommend the iced coffee with good strong espresso and a hint of nutella...not too sweet...just enough. I liked it enough that I'll be back with a larger group back at the beginning of October. Service was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was Great!dgfoodieDined on 9/19/2014Great Food! Great Service! Great Experience! Went over a year ago and don't know what took us so long to come back! Everything was perfect. We won't wait so long to return again!Special Features:
- Pizza recommendedPDarneauDined on 9/13/2014Friend highly recommended Fabbrica for their pizza! Was not dissapointed. It was excellent ! Table for 4, with all of us trying three different pizzas. You can't go wrong with any of them. Great bottle of Cabernet - 5 Rows from California. Good time was had by all and excellent free parking!Special Features:
- Service was very slowTomFDined on 9/13/2014Our server took a very long time to bring a beer and also did not check on wine and I had to do myself even though the wine was not kept at our table. When coffee was ordered it took him almost 15 minutes to bring even though the place was all but empty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Ooustanding food. The olives and the Bocconcinni salad with heirloom tomatees was excellent. Gnocci was fantastic as well. It wasn't very busy when we were there and we had good service.Special Features:
- Little taste of ItalyfoodloverDined on 9/8/2014Nice relaxing feel. The service was great, they were all so attentive. The food was great. The whole table especially loved the pizza. First authentic wood fire oven experience. Couldn't be happier. Would definitely go back. The only thing I didn't like was how sides were extra when you order steaks. Which made it too expensive for my pocket book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.