F. Scott's Restaurant & Jazz Bar
2210 Crestmoor Road
Nashville, TN 37215Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
F. Scott's Restaurant & Jazz Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fscotts.com/
- Phone: 6152695861x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm -11:00pm
Bar opens 4:30 Monday - Friday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Charles Robb and Chris Arnold
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full service catering, including wine and spirits. Our custom, seasonal catering menus can be tailored for any seated, buffet, or cocktail-style event. From wedding receptions to charity events to business functions, our expert team has produced parties from 8 to 500 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining area seats 12-75 guests and can accommodate 100+ for a standing reception. In addition, the entire restaurant can be booked for special occasions & events for up to 300 guests. Daytime meeting space is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Liz Hughes, firstname.lastname@example.org 6152698948x
- Entertainment: Our lounge features live Jazz piano on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7pm until 10pm and full live Jazz bands on Thursday from 7pm to 10pm, Friday from 7pm to 11pm and Saturday from 7:30pm to 11:30pm. Some of the top musicians in the country perform at F. Scott's. We do not take reservations in the lounge. Reservations are for the dining room only. There is a $10 per person food and beverage minimum in the lounge. There is never a cover charge.
- Special Events: For information about special events, visit blog.fscotts.com.
A word from F. Scott's Restaurant & Jazz Bar
For more than 25 years, F. Scott’s has featured Nashville’s finest contemporary American cuisine in a setting that combines the comfort of a neighborhood bistro with flair and sophistication. With more than 300 wine selections and a menu that boasts the finest local and regional fare of the season, F. Scott’s is a restaurant for all occasions. Located in the heart of Green Hills, F. Scott’s presents live jazz six nights a week, and is a smoke-free restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
F. Scott's Restaurant & Jazz Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- A southern Welcome with Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014We are from Arizona and heard of F. Scotts .. . our plane was delayed and we were assured that there was not a problem. When we finally arrived to Tennessee .. Wendy was on the phone with us assuring us that our anniversary was not ruined. A SOUTHERN WELCOME!! The food was outstanding, the service was superb and the live jazz band playing in the background was romantic. Wendy and her team welcomed us and gave us some pointers on what to sight see. .. .F.Scotts started us on the right foot for a great weekend.Special Features:
- Sorry to see them closeConnieDined on 5/7/2014I am sorry that F Scott's is closing. It has been a wonderful place for a excellent dinner and to enjoy the music in the bar area.Special Features:
- Perfect AGAINNashvilleFoodieGirlVIPDined on 5/3/2014F. Scott's is simply the best of Nashville... I am awaiting the opening at their new location with bated breath! The food is always an exciting experience, bite after bite. The service is warm, family-like, knowledgeable, and professional. The entire staff cooperates to give their guests a "10" experience in every way - from the welcome, the service, the wine, the food... It's a gem. F. Scott's is part of why I fell in love with Nashville.Special Features:
- Great Food & even better ServiceNashville2014Dined on 5/3/2014The restaurant is closing within the week & it had great wine & drink specials. We went there on our yearly trip to Nashville from Fl to Mi. Our 34th wedding anniversary we had the beef tenderloin dinner with scallops as a appetizer, & Finished with the apple crisp & coffee, the food was great. But what made the whole evening was our server Matthew, we hope he's at the new site on west end rd when it opens. We will be back, The Bluebird Cafe was a perfect ending to another great night in Nashville. Dennis & Debbie.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will miss itConnieDined on 5/3/2014I had the special soup of the day which was carrot. It was so good I forgave dessert and had another bowl of the soup. I also had the rack of lamb which was cooked perfectly. I hate the fact you are closing even though you are opening another restaurant in the fall on West End. Overheard one of the waitstaff telling a guest that it will be more casual food.Special Features:
- OutstandingAutoimmuneRNDined on 5/2/2014I was most impressed with our waiter. His attention to our needs was noticed and appreciated; not to mention his above board care and concern for my gluten-free needs as a person with celiac disease. It is always very scary for me to eat out in restaurants but he took the time to understand your menu and communicate with the chef prior to our arrival and communicate options to me via a menu with hand-written notations. His service was above excellent, and he was very friendly but non intrusive. The atmosphere was just what my party needed for our "girl's night out" and the bar and music after dinner was the perfect end to a wonderful evening. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014We had been to F Scott's a few months ago and it was a great dinner. With the restaurant closing and relocating we decided to try it befor it closed. The food was fair. Our server was very nice but he was busy and we had to wait for water and beverages. The restaurant looked a bit run down. Maybe that's why they are moving.
- Amazing experiencekerrickmichaelDined on 5/2/2014My girlfriend and I had the privilege of dining here on one of their last nights before their move to West End Ave. Our waiter Ed was incredibly helpful and made our evening extremely easy and exquisite. The food is VERY expensive- ended up spending roughly $170 on just 2 people...however for a special occasion it would be hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu LateRelaxedDined on 4/26/2014It is half-price after 9 (for most items)! My food was hit or miss. Some was delicious (pomme frites!, the duck) and some was off (the paella was all pepper, the pasta was bland). The waiter started off great and then went down hill. Loved the jazz music coming from the bar. They are closing May 11th, 2014 - so go now if you want to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last dinner thereDisappointedDined on 4/26/2014Because of the restaurant closing and moving to new location, this was our last dinner in the current F. Scott's. The food was not particularly good, which is unusual, and the ambience was terrible, in part because it was prom night and the young adults didn't know how to behave in such a restaurant. Given the changes described for the new restaurant, will have to find another to celebrate special occasions. We've gone to the current F. Scott's for over 12 years with many great memories. It's clear the restaurant owners are more concerned about gathering more customers nightly than having loyal customers. Such a shame.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Once again, one of the best dining experiences ever. The waiter was excellent, beautiful food presentation, and all three entrees were absolutely delicious and prepared to perfection by the Chefs. F. Scott's continues to deliver the "art of dining" experience to their customers.Special Features:
- Locally produced food choicesSirdrinksalotDined on 4/25/2014We came for the food's reputation as being locally sourced. We loved the Jazz ambiance. We enjoyed the unique food choices and pairings...when is the last time you saw rutabagas on a fine dining menu? The warm spinach salad was nothing you'd expect,... from the presentation, texture, flavor,...all very original, as well as delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014The for was very good but not amazing but the Italian cream cake was fantastic, favorite part of the meal. A cool place to eat with a neat changing menu. I appreciate the attention to detail on each plate but can not give it 5 stars because I feel it could have been better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2014Enjoyable meal...moving to a new location in a few months...place is a little tired but food and service was very good...known for jazz, it was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunch menu!MaryDined on 4/20/2014This was out first time to F. Scott's. We enjoyed the brunch food on Easter. If we return to Nashville, we'd like to try their dinner and jazz.Special Features:
- Great service. Jazz not loud enoughConorDined on 4/19/2014Excellent service and food, but we were seated away from the bar area and towards the back and never heard any of the jazz music. I think that took away from the experience; but besides that, we were ecstatically pleased with our experience. Please don't get rid of the beef cheek dish when you move locations. That will keep me going back to F. Scott's.Special Features:
- Just OKCoconnorDined on 4/18/2014The experience was good but not fabulous and for $200 we wanted a bit more. Our waitress must have been new. She was sweet but not yet confident in describing the food or answering questions. The food was very good - no complaints - it just didn't wow us. My husband got the special pork dish and I got the 6 oz filet. Both were just fine. We split 2 sides: braised brussel sprouts (which were awesome) and the tomato/pancetta mac and cheese that needed a bit more kick to it. We did not get dessert. The best part of the night was sitting in the jazz lounge after dinner for drinks and great music. It is very lively in the lounge and if we came back, I'd spend my time and $ here. You can eat in the bar but it is loud--as it should be.
- Wonderful Experience!dance974Dined on 4/12/2014F. Scott's is a wonderful place to dine. We had the pleasure of visiting this past weekend for a Birthday occasion and left with nothing but a positive experience. Our wait staff was incredible and the food was absolutely splendid. They made the birthday occasion very special, and I would definitely recommend F. Scotts to my other friends and family looking for a great dining experience. My only suggestion would be to have the jazz music available through out the entire restaurant. It was rather quiet where we were sitting and the main reason I picked F. Scott's was to be able to hear jazz while dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Prom DinnerH789Dined on 4/5/2014Our party of 6 had such a great time! The food was delicious and the staff were incredibly kind. Thank you so much for the fabulous dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zagats was right!ShubieDined on 4/5/2014What an enjoyable meal! From having my reservation verified, to our server Brooke, and an amazing meal - perfect evening. Ambience was nice, with diners not bunched next to each other, the music was at the perfect level for conversation. Brooke was very knowledgable in her explanation of the menu, and timing the meal. The food was fresh and very enjoyable! Loved the scallops, salmon, flatbreads and room for italian cream cake. I would recommend to friend for a special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good meal, very good musicvvvvvvvvvvvvDined on 4/4/2014We dined here as we were interested in listening to the jazz (M-Sat) and enjoying a good meal with my college aged nephew. Ask to sit in the front area if you are going to dine and want to hear the music. We stated with Braised Rabbit Crepe. Loved it. Had the Linguine alla Bolognese, NY Strip and Beef Tenderloin. Though all of the food was very good, the Linguine was the very best maybe the best we have ever had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would like more informationOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/31/2014I would like more information about the ingredients for each choice. One of the party ended up with an ingredient they do not like. She did not enjoy the meal at all. I do not like their move to not include the sides as part of the price. I like choosing sides but find it hard to believe they need to charge over 7 dollars for a vegetable. My father had a steak, it came out, all 6 oz in lonely splendor, on a very large dinner plate; Not a good presentation. He had ordered a salad which, of course came on a plate that was too large for the serving. Personally I would like my meals to be proportioned towards vegetables instead of meat and grains. Here you have to work hard to get any vegetables.
- No Jazz, Fair ServiceM1JFranklinDined on 3/21/2014You can't hear the jazz in the dining room. You must cram into the bar or stand up in the bar. Dining is very expensive. Service is only fair. I had to find the pepper mill.
- OKJoeBVIPDined on 3/15/2014I'd never been to F. Scott's, and had heard good things about it. I was not impressed with the décor. It reminded me of a hotel restaurant. Very generic looking. The roasted tomato soup was probably the best I've ever had, and the breads were great. Getting entrees took a really, really, really long time. Once the food came out, it was piping hot (a little TOO hot, actually). The food was good overall, but not nearly worth the high prices. I don't mind paying over $30 for an entrée if it is something remarkable, but this food just didn't quite reach that mark. With all of the fantastic choices at this price level in Nashville, I won't be going back to F. Scott's.Special Features:
- A Wonderful ExperienceDiningnanaDined on 3/15/2014F. Scott's is the perfect place for a special occasion. My husband and I had a delicious dinner. The food is not only very tasty but beautifully presented. The recommended wine matched beautifully with our entrees. Our server was very attentive but not intrusive. We could easily hear the jazz from the bar which was delightful. It was a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantMareDined on 3/6/2014So nice to have this great place near our home. We will definitely follow them when they move locations this summer. It was a perfect place to celebrate a special occasion for my husband and me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Formal Dine/Informal DrinksMacCDined on 3/1/2014Had dinner here, which was suberb, followed by drinks at the Jazz Bar. The Bar is everything that the dining room is not; energetic, loud, cozy, and fun. However, the formal and quiet dining setting in the formal dining room is perfect for people who want to be able to carry on a conversation as a couple or with friends prior to going out for the night. Nothing was rushed and the food was amazing. Try: Porkbelly, Braised Beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A most enjoyable visit.WSL1Dined on 2/27/2014We were traveling to the Nashville area and were looking for a restaurant for a small celebration. The food, staff, and location were all delightful and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerMartiLouDined on 2/26/2014Delicious dinner with outstanding service from Isaac. Terrific jazz in bar area added to celebration. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good Jazz,,,average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2014basically our waitress massively over sold everything. seems to be a trend these days in restaurants. they make it sound so good and rave how they love it so that it usually doesn't live up. the food is fairly bland. I had a vegetarian with us and she just ordered veggies telling wait staff that she is a strict veg and they gave her 2 veggies with ham or sausage in it. it was embarrassing. seafood was not very fresh tasting. Music is good and ambiance is ok. took a long time to get served too.Special Features:
- Unique menu, Nice SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Just regret you have to sit in bar (first come, first serve) to see the jazz band. We were in another room and barely even heard them. Will have to come back and hope for seating in lounge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seconds PleaseItaliano20Dined on 2/15/2014Green Hills will miss this restaurant. Food is absolutely delicious. I go at least once a month. They are moving soon so enjoy the original scene while you can.Special Features:
- Valentines dayATLbayouDined on 2/15/2014I have to admit I was expecting a great variety of food selection. My girlfriend and I only had a few selections to choose from which was very disappointed. I ask the waitress which was very helpfully why only a hand full to choose and she stated it was reduce due to valentines. The environment was indeed good. But I will not recommend because of the selection of choices and I feel that it was over price.Special Features:
- Going downhillCh922455VIPDined on 2/7/2014Food was very disappointing and overpriced for the standard they are turning out.
- Birthday dinnerLeeladyDined on 1/31/2014Party of 8. Service was impeccable start to finish. Consistent without smothering. Food was wonderful. Everyone was happy with their choices. Strip steak tall but cooked perfectly. Yummy simple salad. Italian cream cake delicious. Strawberry bellini! Wonderful wine list. French brother-in-law impressed so must be great!! Nice jazz in background from bar area. Loud enough to hear but not distracting. Great time. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was outstandinOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/28/2014The food and service was outstanding. The waitress was very attentive and there when she was needed, but did not intrude on our privacy. I strongly recommend this restaurant, especially for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.BillGDined on 1/24/2014My wife and I had a very enjoyable dinner. Wish we had found this spot years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine, food and servicePeteVIPDined on 1/23/2014I've never been disappointed at F. Scott's. It's great hearing the jazz in a background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nashville's gemsnashtnguyDined on 1/20/2014F. Scott's is one of Nashville's gems! The key word is consistent. F. Scott's is always consistently great. The food is always delicious and rather 'cutting edge' without being pretentious and the service is always above par (a rarity for Nashville). I wish them the absolute best as they relocate to West End though as a Green Hills resident, they will be terribly missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time to visit thisJohnDined on 1/16/2014Our first time to visit this place, loved it. One of the best in Nashville that we have ever been to. And we have been to many. We will be back very soon. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.