F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House
750 Mattie Road
Pismo Beach, CA 93449Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mclintocks.com/
- Phone: 8057731892
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 3:00pm- 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hungry Horse Flats - Our heated outdoor garden area has a seating capacity of 200. This facility is available May 1st - Oct 1st with a minimum guarantee of 50 adult meals and a $200 non-refundable deposit.
- Private Party Contact: Cindy Foresee 805-773-1892
- Entertainment: Weekend entertainment during the winter months - Nightly entertainment during the summer.
A word from F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House
F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House offers the best authentic ranch style cooking and atmosphere teamed up with high spirited service and genuine western hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House - Best Restaurants in Pismo Beach ›
F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (46)special occasion (37)kid-friendly (33)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Pass next timeDinnerfor3Dined on 8/24/2014Got a dirty fork. Drinks and service was slow. My steak was fine. My girlfriends steak was undercooked. Wouldn't go back. Bussers were fast but they stick their fingers inside dirty glasses and on dirty plates and reset the tables with silverware without washing their hands. Kind if gross. If that's what they show you in the dining room I would hate to see their kitchen.Special Features:
- Great place for dinnerKonaTomDined on 8/19/2014First visit in almost 20 years but still a great place...has become quite pricey but assume due to increased meat costs. Service very good both in competence and friendliness.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still wonderful Food and ServiceLegendDined on 8/16/2014We come here for steaks but all entrees look very good. The total package is well worth the price. Compared to a normal steak/chop house these prices are great for the amount of offerings they set out. Besides the onion rings, garlic bread, ranch beans, and skillet potatoes they put a healthy portion of vegetables on the plate with your steak. The steaks are fir pit cooked and are just full of flavor and tender and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent staffsteakwazGR8Dined on 8/15/2014The staff was excellent. Our server Rachel was wonderful and the all the bus boy staff were nice. I was only with my two kids and the staff was kid friendly and treated the kids kindly and made the whole experience great.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrateSunshineDined on 8/12/2014We were seated by the window overlooking the ocean. Beautiful!!! We ate a rack of ribs flavored just right. Great service! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationCathyliciousDined on 8/9/2014Had a Blast on my 48th Birthday. Very accommodating, cozy and entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portions for daysSueFlayDined on 8/9/2014loved the casual atmosphere but sat near the bar, which can be a little loud. Huge portions. Advise...share for an $8 fee! Flavorful steak cooked to perfection. Grilled artichoke started a must! But not inexpensive for sure. four of us...separate dinners and 2 appetizers, 3 sodas= ~ $170Special Features:
- not as good as we hoped.TerryDined on 8/9/2014We were sat next to a large group with many very loud children that were also running all over. The ribs were inedible due to so much fat. My pepper steak had to much salt. Very disappointed also overpriced. The chairs are also very hard and uncomfortable.
- Big Fun, Bigger Portions!NellieracerDined on 7/30/2014Went to McLintock's for the umpteenth time. As always it did not disappoint. The only downside I will mention is that my steak was overcooked but when I brought it to our server's attention, she was very apologetic and got me another one that was cooked properly right away. All in all it was still a very good experience.Special Features:
- EnergeticMybirthdayDined on 7/22/2014Fun place to go with family or friends. Bring your appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestHCPizzleDined on 7/19/2014Every time I'm in the San Luis Obispo area I make sure I come here at least one night. Best ribs i've ever had. Food is a little on the expensive side but well worth it and you get a lot of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Priceymg51Dined on 7/19/2014Selection of food was good, service was good, we had more then enough food. Our only complaint was that it was pricey. Being where it is and with the fantastic view, that would be expected. We would recommend it and will return.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Central CAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014No trip to this part of CA is complete without a dinner stop to McLintock's. This trip, I took my fiance', who had never been here. He did the customary water pour, and he loved it! The food is fabulous - onion rings, salsa, beans and garlic bread are included with your entree. Oh, so is a scoop of ice cream - Vanilla, Rocky Road or Sherbet. Parking can be a challenge, so arrive early and/or make a reservation. I highly recommend this restaurant - the service is also excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnertabsfunDined on 7/14/2014The service was very good. The food very good and plenty of it. The drinks were good but a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not even a good steakhouseJeffDined on 7/13/2014Ordered a rare steak and ribs. Steak was way over cooked I'd call it medium. Definitely not a cool red center. Wife ordered a medium different cut. Hers was rare. By the time our waitress came around to check neither one of us was interested in waiting for replacements. She made no attempt to correct their issue. No manager was ever notified. Drinks were not offered to be refilled until we were ready to go. It was our 10th wedding anniversary and nothing by their staff was done. Overall a terrible visit.
- Amazing againBest2dineDined on 7/12/2014My second time there this time for my 3 year anniversary and still not disappointed McLintocks is one of the only steak house/bar locations left on the central coast that can fill all the different categories with 5 stars. McLintocks gets very packed and crowded at some points but not as bad as others and they really make up for it with their service. Thank you for a very memorable 3rd anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing EveningSamieDined on 7/9/2014It was a group of seven of us and we each enjoyed everything from the service to the food. We made reservations and our special request was to be next to a window and they arranged that perfectly. The waitresses and waiters were incredibly nice and the prices for the amount of food we got was very reasonable. I honestly have no complaints about the night I had with my friends.Special Features:
- Wonderful Western Food/AtmosphereMichaeleacDined on 6/29/2014McLintock's is a true Western Steak House, albeit with views of the Pacific. Excellent filet and lobster tail. Sides are all dishes you would expect to come from a dutch oven on a cattle drive. Overall it was an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Great steakC21billDined on 6/29/2014Great new york steak, well prepared and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerSLOBobDined on 6/28/2014We enjoy dinner at McLintocks at least twice a year, typically around my birthday and on New Year's Eve. This time I had the Rib-Eye steak dinner that was on special that evening. My wife had her favorite, Chicken Picata. The place is always entertaining and the food is always good.Special Features:
- A great restaurantNelsonschoiceDined on 6/27/2014Always packed with customers because the food is great and the service is outstanding. Everytime I visit piano beach I eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining (as usual)archdogDined on 6/25/2014Our family makes it a point to have a meal at McLintocks on our annual trip to the Central Coast. Our experience has always been pleasant and the food, service, and atmosphere are wonderful. We look forward to eating there again next year!Special Features:
- Great to get back to McLintocksfoodsnobDined on 6/22/2014I frequented McLintocks in the 80s and was thrilled to return during a recent beach vacation. I'm happy that not much has changed, including the great steaks and sides. I went twice in two days, and the 1/2 price wine special was a treat that I didn't expect. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Father's dayTrina558Dined on 5/31/2014I took my husband for an early Father's day and the food was as good as usual. We really loved the Canadian lobster with Filet. delicious! and I pigged out on the salsa with onion rings. Have been to F. McLintocks many times. Look forward to the next time.Special Features:
- Ahh the memoriesRichieDined on 5/30/2014Stopped here on our way to san fransico for a ten year anniversary holiday. My wife used to go there when she was just a young'n. Just as she remembered even the water pour. My filet steak was outstanding and her filet and lobster as well. Worth the stop for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphere, great steaks!Looking4localDined on 5/26/2014Staff is great, friendly and helpful. The food always good, portions are plenty. Can be a nice place for a family dinner or nice just for two. Staff has fun celebrating events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarianneDined on 5/25/2014We were seated at a lovely ocean view table by a very friendly host. Our server was very attentive & knowledgable and our orders came out promptly. Love the basket of onion rings as an appetizer! I ordered the Farmer's platter~A platter full of the freshest vegetables ever, cooked perfectly and so filling & delicious. The other three in our party ordered steak, ribs & chicken and all raved about their dinners. It's not hard to see why McClintock's has been a restaurant destination & institution for all these years. We will definitely be back in the future.Special Features:
- Still going strong...FrequentDinerVIPDined on 5/21/2014This restaurant has been here for quite some time, and it is still going strong. It's a bit of an institution, and it's remained largely the same. The service is swift (if not rushed), and the menu prices are a bit steep for what you get, but, in all, it's a good "cowboy steakhouse," and it's always a treat to come by for dinner. Be prepared to reach for your wallet - meals aren't cheap (and don't believe the prices listed in the on-line postings).Special Features:
- Beware Dining Solo60andSadDined on 5/21/2014The 'Title' said it all. I arrived 'Solo' to celebrate my 60th Birthday and the Host attempted to seat me at a tiny 2 person booth NEXT to the entrance. Would not re-seat me elsewhere....so I left....No Filet Mignon for Dinner, No Drink, No Celebration of a 'Milestone'!
- Dads birthday dinnerlocalfoodieDined on 5/13/2014We were seated on time and with a window view. The staff was very attentive and brought our food out quickly. We enjoyed our food and never ran out of water or drink refills. The staff made my dad feel very special on his 86 birthday and took care of our every need. We will come back again as we have for many years. Thank you for your professional staff that made our Dad's special night perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysEdnMarthaDined on 5/11/2014Without a doubt one of the most tender steaks I have ever had.Special Features:
- The following 461 reviews are from the F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House reviews archive.
- big mistakepirateDined on 5/3/2014Had baby back ribs and they were kind of dry and tough....quality of food did not match the price....Famous Dave's is much better for about 1/2 the price...vegetables weren't cooked enough hard to chew....way over priced...won't be back
- birthday dinnerpismoDined on 4/27/2014took wife here for here birthday.had a wonderful time, window table with a view of the sunset over the ocean. the food was excellent and service above par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Food was good and you do get a lot but prices are very overpriced. A basic hamburger is $18 and I think thats the cheapest on the menu. Yes the food was good but not great and not worth these prices. For 4 people we spent $165 not including tip. Drinks also run an average of $10. The view is beautiful. Service was not that great. Slow and not friendly. One of the guys tried to poor water into a glass from way up high but ended up missing most of the glass. I asked for well done on my steak but it was still pink inside. To add onions or mushrooms to any order its an additional $5. one of my friends ordered bbq ribs with extra bbq but recieved very little bbq. The onion rings and salsa are great!Special Features:
- BirthdayHappyHappyJoyJoy3Dined on 4/26/2014We took our son to dinner and had a great experience. We enjoyed watching the water pour. And my son enjoyed his dinner so it was a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your timeDontdinehere1Dined on 4/26/2014Food was terrible Way over priced.only good thing about it is the view. T-bone steak was like shoe leather. For 40$ it should have been a lot betterSpecial Features:
- Love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2014I hadn't been to McLintocks in many years and was not disappointed! We brought our teenage kids here for the first on a visit to Cal Poly. The food was fantastic, the service was great, and the staff was very easy to work with when I had to change our reservation time twice due to a lengthy flight delay. Highly recommend this restaurant to anybody. The servings were large and tasty, including my pescatarian wife, who loved the trout!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably won't go back.DebbieDined on 4/12/2014I've been many many times in the last 30 years, but it has lost its appeal. The prices are crazy high and it no longer includes salad. The split charges are over the top considering I don't care for the potatoes or beans. Ever since they raised the prices, the place feels empty and has lost it's crazy busy feel. The bar where the guitar/singer is was pretty empty and it used to be packed. I felt bad for him. The food is still good, but there are plenty of great restaurants now in SLO and Pismo with better prices. I've had many great memories of McLintocks, but I'm afraid there won't be more.Special Features:
- What a great anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014We had so much fun celebrating our 10 year anniversary at McLintock's! We got a great table with a view of the ocean, great food, and a special anniversary treat for dessert. I was so impressed with the level of service and truly that was the best steak I have ever had. I even enjoyed the onion ring appetizer and I don't usually like onion rings; they were super crunchy and tasty though. Overall, I was very impressed and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMistercubDined on 3/24/2014The food is excellent. Generous portions and great taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.