F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House
750 Mattie Road
Pismo Beach, CA 93449Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mclintocks.com/
- Phone: (805) 773-1892
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 3:00pm- 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hungry Horse Flats - Our heated outdoor garden area has a seating capacity of 200. This facility is available May 1st - Oct 1st with a minimum guarantee of 50 adult meals and a $200 non-refundable deposit.
- Private Party Contact: Cindy Foresee 805-773-1892
- Entertainment: Weekend entertainment during the winter months - Nightly entertainment during the summer.
A word from F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House
F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House offers the best authentic ranch style cooking and atmosphere teamed up with high spirited service and genuine western hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House - Best Restaurants in Pismo Beach ›
F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (36)good for groups (32)kid-friendly (30)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (7)romantic (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Losing faithtfornDined on 11/22/2014Steaks were good, but sides were weak. Dry, grocery store quality bread was an insult. It must have been sitting out for a while to get so dry and hard. The kicker was that they now charge $5 for an "upgrade" for a baked potato although their website still lists it as a regulars side included with the meal. Their quality has declined over the years and we will make a better choice in the future.
- Not terrible, but not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014Hostess wouldn't seat the first 4 of 6 to arrive until the other two showed up, even though the place was half empty. My special NY strip was drowning in goopy sauce and fatty, but others said their plain steaks were good. Overall just a tired, touristy, family steakhouse.
- HungrylassDined on 10/24/2014This place has character and history. Our reservations were for 8pm Fri and we were seated on time. Service was excellent. Received onion rings & salsa right away. Noise level was loud with the music and voices but you could still converse easy enough. Meal was served as ordered. All good and tasty but not mouth watering. Loved the fresh veggies with the steak & potatoes. The price of the meals included dessert which was ice cream or liquor. They accommodated my dairy free restriction which was nice. Meal size was plentiful; we had leftovers. Enjoyed the evening and would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatSLOdinerDined on 10/17/2014McLintocks is always Great. We enjoy the Outstanding view of the Ocean, watching the servers pour water, and most of all the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of our dining listOregonCoastDinersDined on 10/15/2014McLintock's is at the top of our list for dining pleasures, both in-restaurant and at the San Luis Obispo Farmer's Market.Special Features:
- Luv2eatDined on 10/14/2014Outstanding food with awesome view of the Pacific Ocean. Service is a outstanding as well. I would recommend to anyone for casual or special event dining equally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Food was great. Service was outstanding. Portions are large so be prepared to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceNanny062610Dined on 10/5/2014Great food and service! It is always friendly service, and the food is exceptionally good. Great for steak lovers! It is what I have come to expect at F. McLintock's in Shell Beach - that's why I have been dining here for over 30 years!Special Features:
- smiley11Dined on 10/3/2014Lively and fun place to celebrate birthdays. Food is always high quality and well-served. Decor is Western with ocean views.Special Features:
- Must experience with the FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Great service. Great food. Great View. Amazing atmosphere. Great for family and kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great/Fun Place!nanaDined on 9/26/2014Friends have never been to McLintocks. my husband and i were there every year for 10 years but haven't been there for about 7 years. friends loved the food and the energy. we will take another group next year when visiting pismo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GAT1ThurgDined on 9/26/2014Always a fun place to dine. Great bar and drinks. Steaks are great but stay away from the sand dabs. My wife had these and they were stacked on top of each other and were mushy and had no texture. They were terrible. Service was outstanding. This area is known for the Morro Bay sand dabs but not at a steak restuarant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experenceSteakMavinDined on 9/26/2014These folks know how to do steaks. Every cut of steak, and also ribs. They have a fish dish but why would you order fish in a steak house? Complete meal at a reasonable price, choice of several sides and desert. Great service, helpful, friendly staff. Adequate wine list and live music in the bar.Special Features:
- Our steaks had a lot of gristleBeckDined on 9/18/2014First time at this restaurant. Very popular by the community. Although our service was very good, We were pretty disappointed. Our steaks had a lot of gristle. They were over cooked, and we wondered if we actually had the cut of meat that we ordered. Very expensive for not good quality food.
- anniversaryDorrieDined on 9/11/2014We came in to celebrate our anniversary, from the minute we walked in the door we were made welcome. our waiter was very friendly, and made sure we were enjoying our meal. they provided us with a sundae and sang to us. They also took our picture and gave us gift certificates to use. would recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs updatingLottobear1Dined on 9/10/2014Well, I know that his place has been here for some time and is multi-generational but hey need to get up with the times. Too many starches, start off with fried onion rings with salsa? Garlic bread that doesn't taste garlicky at all, mounds of potatoes, and beans. For the prices you'd expect Ruth's Chris but this is not that. Get up with the times and clean the windows, you can't live off your laurels forever.
- the must for steak loversOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014I specially recommend that restaurant for their good selection of fine steaks. Also "the hot spot" for birthday parties.Special Features:
- Had wonderful timelovepismoDined on 9/7/2014we went to McLintocks for our 25th Anniversary. The food was GREAT and we had a wonderful time!! Very friendly service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Requests incompleteRacer81Dined on 9/6/2014I requested an ocean front table and we did not receive one. We told them we requested one and they said there will be an hour wait.Special Features:
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I thought the prices were too high and the quality of the food and the event was not as entertaining as previous events.
- Pass next timeDinnerfor3Dined on 8/24/2014Got a dirty fork. Drinks and service was slow. My steak was fine. My girlfriends steak was undercooked. Wouldn't go back. Bussers were fast but they stick their fingers inside dirty glasses and on dirty plates and reset the tables with silverware without washing their hands. Kind if gross. If that's what they show you in the dining room I would hate to see their kitchen.Special Features:
- Great place for dinnerKonaTomDined on 8/19/2014First visit in almost 20 years but still a great place...has become quite pricey but assume due to increased meat costs. Service very good both in competence and friendliness.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still wonderful Food and ServiceLegendDined on 8/16/2014We come here for steaks but all entrees look very good. The total package is well worth the price. Compared to a normal steak/chop house these prices are great for the amount of offerings they set out. Besides the onion rings, garlic bread, ranch beans, and skillet potatoes they put a healthy portion of vegetables on the plate with your steak. The steaks are fir pit cooked and are just full of flavor and tender and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent staffsteakwazGR8Dined on 8/15/2014The staff was excellent. Our server Rachel was wonderful and the all the bus boy staff were nice. I was only with my two kids and the staff was kid friendly and treated the kids kindly and made the whole experience great.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrateSunshineDined on 8/12/2014We were seated by the window overlooking the ocean. Beautiful!!! We ate a rack of ribs flavored just right. Great service! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationCathyliciousDined on 8/9/2014Had a Blast on my 48th Birthday. Very accommodating, cozy and entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portions for daysSueFlayDined on 8/9/2014loved the casual atmosphere but sat near the bar, which can be a little loud. Huge portions. Advise...share for an $8 fee! Flavorful steak cooked to perfection. Grilled artichoke started a must! But not inexpensive for sure. four of us...separate dinners and 2 appetizers, 3 sodas= ~ $170Special Features:
- not as good as we hoped.TerryDined on 8/9/2014We were sat next to a large group with many very loud children that were also running all over. The ribs were inedible due to so much fat. My pepper steak had to much salt. Very disappointed also overpriced. The chairs are also very hard and uncomfortable.
- FundisneygirlDined on 8/8/2014We had a fun time like usual at McLintocks which is why we always go back! The food is great and the atmosphere is fun!Special Features:
- Big Fun, Bigger Portions!NellieracerDined on 7/30/2014Went to McLintock's for the umpteenth time. As always it did not disappoint. The only downside I will mention is that my steak was overcooked but when I brought it to our server's attention, she was very apologetic and got me another one that was cooked properly right away. All in all it was still a very good experience.Special Features:
- The following 483 reviews are from the F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House reviews archive.
- EnergeticMybirthdayDined on 7/22/2014Fun place to go with family or friends. Bring your appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestHCPizzleDined on 7/19/2014Every time I'm in the San Luis Obispo area I make sure I come here at least one night. Best ribs i've ever had. Food is a little on the expensive side but well worth it and you get a lot of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Priceymg51Dined on 7/19/2014Selection of food was good, service was good, we had more then enough food. Our only complaint was that it was pricey. Being where it is and with the fantastic view, that would be expected. We would recommend it and will return.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Central CAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014No trip to this part of CA is complete without a dinner stop to McLintock's. This trip, I took my fiance', who had never been here. He did the customary water pour, and he loved it! The food is fabulous - onion rings, salsa, beans and garlic bread are included with your entree. Oh, so is a scoop of ice cream - Vanilla, Rocky Road or Sherbet. Parking can be a challenge, so arrive early and/or make a reservation. I highly recommend this restaurant - the service is also excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnertabsfunDined on 7/14/2014The service was very good. The food very good and plenty of it. The drinks were good but a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not even a good steakhouseJeffDined on 7/13/2014Ordered a rare steak and ribs. Steak was way over cooked I'd call it medium. Definitely not a cool red center. Wife ordered a medium different cut. Hers was rare. By the time our waitress came around to check neither one of us was interested in waiting for replacements. She made no attempt to correct their issue. No manager was ever notified. Drinks were not offered to be refilled until we were ready to go. It was our 10th wedding anniversary and nothing by their staff was done. Overall a terrible visit.
- Amazing againBest2dineDined on 7/12/2014My second time there this time for my 3 year anniversary and still not disappointed McLintocks is one of the only steak house/bar locations left on the central coast that can fill all the different categories with 5 stars. McLintocks gets very packed and crowded at some points but not as bad as others and they really make up for it with their service. Thank you for a very memorable 3rd anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing EveningSamieDined on 7/9/2014It was a group of seven of us and we each enjoyed everything from the service to the food. We made reservations and our special request was to be next to a window and they arranged that perfectly. The waitresses and waiters were incredibly nice and the prices for the amount of food we got was very reasonable. I honestly have no complaints about the night I had with my friends.Special Features:
- Wonderful Western Food/AtmosphereMichaeleacDined on 6/29/2014McLintock's is a true Western Steak House, albeit with views of the Pacific. Excellent filet and lobster tail. Sides are all dishes you would expect to come from a dutch oven on a cattle drive. Overall it was an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Great steakC21billDined on 6/29/2014Great new york steak, well prepared and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.