1485, Jeanne Mance
Montreal, QC H2X 2J4Neighborhood:
PortuguesePrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fbar.ca/
- Phone: 5142894558
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:30 am to 2:30 pm & 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Tuesday: 11:30 am to 2:30 pm & 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Wednesday: 11:30 am to 2:30 pm & 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Thursday: 11:30 am to 2:30 pm & 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Friday: 11:30 am to 2:30 pm & 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Saturday: 4:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Sunday: 4:30 pm to 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Gilles Herzog
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: [EN] Located in the heart of the effervescent Quartier des Spectacles, in a luminous and relaxed atmosphere, F Bar is a must for all foodies.
- Special Events: See our Facebook: www.facebook.com/FerreiraBar
A word from F Bar
Bar is for Ferreria new born from the Ferreria group. Located in the heart of the effervescent Quartier des Spectacles, in a luminous and relaxed atmosphere, F Bar is a must for all foodies. Chef Gilles Herzog offers a savoring menu in which he favors fresh market produce with a Portuguese touch! His inspiration? ‘I hope to offer our clients perfumed, light and typical Mediterranean dishes, a region where I come from, along with Portuguese accents in which olive oil will be my sole instrument!’ he explains with enthusiasm. The service is friendly and discreet which adds to the wonderful dining experience at F Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
F Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2013Well well well. Was expecting a great experience at Carlos Ferreira's F Bar. Deceived! The service was below ordinary. The waitress did not seem to offer a good service, no smile, negative attitude, she did not sell us the menu: We had to ask about the products of the day when she should be the first to tell us about. Lack of attention or too noisy atmosphere, the orders were not taken correctly, we had to ask to followers some goods and some of our requests have gone unanswered. In terms of food, entry grilled octopus and chorizo was impeccable but unfortunately for me, the Cornish chicken left me unsatisfied with coco beans really undercooked. Atmosphere: trash techno music and enough noise present!
- Make sure you calldomgDined on 6/1/2013I reserved more than a week prior and the "web" reservation assigned me 2 stools at the bar rather than a table for 2. Very disappointing considering I made a reservation early and for a table at 5:30pm (very early dinner due to 8:00 pm show time). We were amongst the first customers for dinner! Fortunately the Maitre D gave us a table for 2 but outside in the sun. Not what I expected for this restaurant and the pricy meal.
- Great place to eatLuvyamDined on 5/28/2013This restaurant never disappoints. The food is simple but delicious. The service is also always very good. I love the halibut that they serve in casserole and tried a cold asparagus soup that was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Une énorme déception...JacquesDined on 5/24/2013Je suis allé dans ce resto à plusieurs reprises et, à chaque fois, j'ai grandement apprécié cette sortie. Cette fois-ci, le poulet était inférieur à Saint-Hubert et le bruit digne d'une discothèque vers 2 ou 3 heures le matin. J'étais avec 4 Français qui ont amèrement regretté leur expérience. Que s'est-il passé dans la cuisine? J'ai rayé ce resto de ma liste.
- Good, not amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/23/2013Food was great, octopus and halibut cooked perfectly. Expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- Ate at Fbar before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2013Ate at Fbar before a show at PLA and it did not disappoint. Food is great, atmosphere was lively, terrace was open and it was a lovely evening. Chose salmon with goat cheese from bar side of menu and it was delicious. Natas are NOT to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After waiting for 60 minutes,SchnitzDined on 5/7/2013After waiting for 60 minutes, we were not served our main course so we picked up and left. Last time for thio restaurant for me.
- Lorsque l'on réserve en indiquantRORODined on 5/7/2013Lorsque l'on réserve en indiquant notre choix, il serait intéressant de recevoir une acceptation ou pas sur notre demande: par exemple une table à l'ombre du soleil.Special Features:
- Before a showElleVeeDined on 5/5/2013I've been before and really enjoyed it and made an early reservation (5:45) before a 7PM show at Place des Arts, literally next door. We told the maître d' that we had a show at 7PM, we reminded the waiter before ordering. A party of 4 (we were 2) arrived after us and left before us (and we later saw them at the theater for the same show...) so at 6:55 when our mains arrived we asked for them to be cancelled and for our bills to be brought. It could have been a muck up from the kitchen but just be on your guard if you have a show. I've been to restaurants close to theaters before that were much more mindful of people with tickets and for a restaurant so close to a big theater I feel they should have been better prepared.Special Features:
- Bad customer service spoiled itsbyontheislandVIPDined on 5/5/2013Unfortunately, I left my keys on the table after dinner. I realized this as I was sitting in Place des Arts just as the show was about to begin. I called the restaurant, explained the situation and was told to stay on hold as they would look into it. I stayed on hold for 15 minutes without anyone coming back to me. I called again and same person said that the did not find my keys but would continue to look and call me back in ten minutes. I stood in the back of the theatre, waiting. No call. I left the show, spoke to my waiter and others and who said they found nothing. I demanded to see the manager who told me to wait. Ten minutes later he handed me my keys. A good dinner and a good show ruined by not taking customer seriously.Special Features:
- Great food!StephanieMDined on 5/5/2013This was my second time at FBar and once again , the food was outstanding! We started with the mackerel served over delicious bean salad. Others had the calamari and grilled octopus. All were delicious. We've had the traditional Portuguese chicken with rapini; this time the salmon with wilted spinach and baby potatoes served with amazing whipped and seasoned goat cheese. WOW! The service there is just good , never stellar. Our waiter was very nice but the host was a little off-putting. When we took a moment to discuss if we should sit outside or inside (took seconds), he said "make up your mind already….." Ah, women" he scoffed. We had just arrived , no previous discussion or joking, it was an awkward joke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time not a charmlisabDined on 5/4/2013I had been there twice before and had good experiences. This time left me disappointed. THe service was lacking, we had to flag down a waitor to get some bread after waiting for some to be brought to the table. My boyfriend finished his drink, it was taken away without being asked if he wanted another one, while they continually asked me if I wanted more wine. The food was average, truly nothing special. SInce Montreal has such a good food scene, I will not be going back here.Special Features:
- great locatio & outstanding qualityRickoDined on 5/4/2013This is a great location, set up and excellent overall dining experience. The quality of staff food and winw is world class. The set up is one of a kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable dining experienceEmilio49Dined on 5/3/2013Great food and our waiter was awesome, we truly enjoyed it. We will definitely be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Déception!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2013Nous y étions (deux amies dans la soixantaine) pour fêter nos anniversaires respectifs. Le service était mauvais et la serveuse très désagréable et impatiente. L'entrée a été rapidement servie, avant même le vin, puis, il s'est écoulé plus d'une heure entre l'entrée et le repas principal, une heure pendant laquelle plusieurs serveurs sont venus déposer devant nous des plats que nous n'avions pas commandés! Au lieu de s'excuser, la serveuse a plutôt été froide et même insolente mettant ces désagréments sur le fait que la terrasse venait d'ouvrir. Quant aux portions, la caille, par exemple, n'était qu'une poitrine de caille, destinée sûrement à un appétit d'oiseau. Le reste était bon, sans plus. Bref, très surfaite la réputation du F Bar...Special Features:
- j'ADORE LE F BAR. ÇA FAITOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013j'ADORE LE F BAR. ÇA FAIT SEULEMENT 2 FOIS QUE J'Y MANGE MAIS JE VAIS SÛREMENT Y RETOURNER. j'HABITE AU LAC ST-JEAN ET JE SUIS APPELÉE À VENIR À MONTRÉAL ASSEZ RÉGULIÈREMENT DEPUIS PLUSIEURS ANNÉES. J'EN PROFITE POUR ALLER MANGER DANS DE BONS RESTAURANTS, ET LE F BAR FAIT MAINTENANT PARTIE DE MA LISTE DE COUPS DE COEUR. MERCI BEAUCOUP POUR LES EXTRAORDINAIRES EXPÉRIENCES CULINAIRES QUE J'Y VIS !!!Special Features:
- Notre serveur Karl a été trèsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013Notre serveur Karl a été très sympathique, attentionné à nos besoins. Excellent service de sa part!! Par contre, nous avons également été servis par une hôtesse/serveuse qui nous a bien déçus. Elle tutoie les clients, ne regarde pas les clients lorsqu'elle les sert. Nous nous sommes sentis ignorés de sa part. Manque de respect et de professionnalisme. Nous trouvons cette situation très dommage puisque nous avions de grandes attentes en visitant ce restaurant, qui possède une très bonne réputation.Special Features:
- Nice Evening at F-BarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013The person that was serving us gave us great service, she was kind and funny. She knew the menu well and was able to give good recommendation. Ambiance was nice, good music not to loud so perfect to have conversation. lights was nice for a great ambiance. Overall good experience. I would recommend it to anybodySpecial Features:
- Très déceuvantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013We arrived at 12h15 and ordered food around 12h30. At 13h35 our food was still not served while many tables around us with the same order were getting served. We had to leave without eating since we had some meetings planned. We left very hungry and desapointed of this first visit.
- Always good for a quick inTuanVIPDined on 4/18/2013Always good for a quick in & out...have to réserve.Special Features:
- The appetizer's were betterMarm832Dined on 4/12/2013The appetizer's were better than the main. The fish, although perfectly cooked, was under seasoned and came with undercooked al dente lentils. My main dislike was the place was very small and unless you request a window, you'll be nearly sitting on your neighbours lap. Conversation was challenging as you couldn't help but hear everyone else's life story. Suffice to say, the starting octopus and quail were delicious. Although sad to say, that I won't go gack.Special Features:
- Wow! dining expereince in MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2013The food is fabulous, personnel is friendly and the total experience is to remember!Special Features:
- Great ambiance, great food,luvfoodDined on 3/28/2013Great ambiance, great food, $$$+ 30 years old porto!Special Features:
- Maybe expensive for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Exensive for what you get. Very good octopus appetizer. Fresh fish and good quality products. The presentation of the main courses directly in pan is average... But keep in mind it's a bar, not a restaurant. I recommand it for a drink before a show or just for a snack.Special Features:
- Love the beets!GabyVIPDined on 3/21/2013I love their beet salad!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am totally addicted.... I love this restaurant, in my top 5!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect before PDA eventsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2013Great attentive service. The food was delicious and the presentation was top-rate. A bit noisy though, hard to hear the others at my table of 6.Special Features:
- C'est inacceptable que vousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2013C'est inacceptable que vous vous adressiez à moi en anglais. Au Québec, la langue officielle est le français. OpenTable manque son coup en utilisant la langue anglaise à Montréal, ville de langue française. Je ne veux plus que vous vous adressiez à moi en anglais.
- Cuisine impeccable et subtile.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013Cuisine impeccable et subtile. On y découvre des saveurs inédites. Ingrédients de grande qualité. Service simple, attentif et aimable sans aucun snobisme.Special Features:
- Noisy and expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013so much noise... went there with my gf without any kids for a romantic night but had difficulties earing each other speak. Food o.k. Great tartare but not a good value. Nothing against paying $$$$ when food is impressive but was disapointed this time.Won't go again.
- Great Portuguese food withBruceVIPDined on 3/16/2013Great Portuguese food with a Quebecois twist, a perfect location for a good, quick dinner if you're off to a show at Place des Arts. Excellent fish choices.Special Features:
- Je trouve bizarre que toutesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Je trouve bizarre que toutes les communications par courriel soient en anglais...même si la réservation en ligne se fait à point de départ sur le site françaisSpecial Features:
- Architecture du restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013Architecture du restaurant original, impression d'un wagon. Malheureusement, la nourriture et présentation des assiettes ne valent pas le prix. Trop cher. Les vins, rien en bas de 45$!! On a offert aucune possibilité d'en servir au verre alors qu'il en était possible.Special Features:
- The overall experience isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2013The overall experience is good for the restaurant but as a french speaking person,I hate to make a reservation only in english . You should offer your service in french when it is for a Montreal's restaurant.Special Features:
- As usual agreat experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/12/2013As usual agreat experience. the waiters are friendly and knowledgable and the food is fresh and prepared and served in an interesting manner. We are never stressed when we have a show to attend as the service is always prompt and geared to get you to Place des Arts on time.Special Features:
- La qualité du FBar se maintientCarmaDined on 3/8/2013La qualité du FBar se maintient toujours. La cuisine portugaise servie est réconfortante et goûteuse. Il ne s'agit pas de haute gastronomie mais les repas sont nettement au-dessus de l'approche bistrot usuelle. Le service toujours impeccable et sympathique. La sélection de vin portugais au verre toujours adéquate et variée. Une adresse idéale avant ou après un spectacle dans le Quatier des spectacles.Special Features:
- Le site internet uniquementOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Le site internet uniquement en anglais m'a étonnée et, je l'avoue déçue... (site consulté afin de faire une réservation) Montréal est si accueillante... pourquoi la francophone que je suis s'est-elle sentie oubliée? L'accueil chaleureux,l'approche humaine et respectueuse ainsi que le service impeccable m'ont toutefois convaincue de revivre cette expérience (le temps de regarnir le portefeuille...) J'ajoute mon ravissement d'avoir vécu une expérience gustative unique et "initiatique". J'ai compris ce que voulait dire une cuisine de vrai Chef Cuisinier. Je me permets tout de même d'espérer m'inscrire pour une prochaine réservation par internet, cette fois, sur une page en français.Special Features:
- Will highly recommend, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2013Will highly recommend, the food, wine and ambience were perfect. It took awhile to get a reservation, but, it was well worth the wait.Special Features:
- For the futur, I would appreciateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2013For the futur, I would appreciate a french "questionnaire". Thank youSpecial Features:
- Another gem in the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2013I had lunch with a friend on a Monday and the restaurant was not full so the noise level was very acceptable. But having a full house will definitely increase it. We both had the Day Special which was a tender, moist and delicious piece of braised lamd served over barley and green beans. Everything was very good including the fish soup served as an appetizer. Service was outstanding, the waiter was very knowledgeable with the wines and was very friendly to us. Nothing bad to say about the F Bar except that it's a little pricey.Special Features:
- Excellent Portuguese cuisine,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013Excellent Portuguese cuisine, meal presentation and service. Nice scenic view on "Place des Festivals". Near theaters and night life. A real place to discover and come back.Special Features: