Eyrie - Robert Morris University - Illinois
128 North Oak Park Ave
Oak Park, IL 60301Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Eyrie - Robert Morris University - Illinois
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://eyrierestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7087638380x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cheryl Corrado
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Takeout
- Cross Street: Lake Street and Oak Park Avenue
- Public Transit: CTA Green Line at the Oak Park Avenue Stop. Exit station and walk approximately 2 blocks north on Oak Park Avenue. Eyrie is located on the east side of the street just before Lake Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered street parking is available along Oak Park Avenue. There is also a village parking garage located at 720 North Boulevard.
A word from Eyrie - Robert Morris University - Illinois
Eyrie, a Robert Morris University student-run restaurant, is a supportive learning environment for aspiring chefs, providing seasonal dining for the community while embracing sustainable practices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Eyrie - Robert Morris University - Illinois - Best Restaurants in Oak Park ›
Eyrie - Robert Morris University - Illinois reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (19)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (6)special occasion (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I loved this place, food was delicious, very friendly staff, laid back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place!April1975Dined on 10/4/2014We really enjoyed Eyrie! Our waiter was a little nervous, but fantastic. That being said, we were the only ones in there, so not sure if the service would be the same with a crowd. We went there with our kids (ages 14 and 10) to celebrate my birthday. Each of us had a different entree and every single one was outstanding! The portions were a nice size. We also tried both soups and they were excellent. Even the butter was above average! It was creamy soft and had a hint of sweetness. In lieu of tips, they take donations for the Robert Morris College Fund. You have to do it online. Honestly, the only thing that could have been improved would be if they had some sort of drop box for tips in the restaurant.Special Features:
- FridateniteDined on 9/5/2014I never like tomato soup, but this one is sooo good.. Everything that we ordered was very delicious.Special Features:
- gemmaoakparkDined on 8/22/2014Eyrie is run by culinary students who are professional, very friendly, and work hard to please the customer. The food is creative with a varied seasonal menu. We loved their cold carrot and ginger soup, spicy shrimp, pork loin, and risotto. They have green practices, with nice touches in the décor. It's a nice quiet spot to talk with friends and people watch on Oak Park Avenue. I recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Nice experiencemdbuttercupVIPDined on 8/19/2014In a storefront in downtown Oak Park, this restaurant was intimate and modern in design. Tomato basil soup was very good. Whitefish sandwich was quite tasty with the kohlrabi side. My husband's club sandwich was just okay. The peanut butter and chocolate dessert was excellent. Service was a little slow at first but got much better as the meal progressed. There is no tipping but a donation to the RMU scholarship fund is the way to go. We went right home and went online to do this and of course we were much more generous than a tip would have been. It still would have been nice to reward the wait staff at the time of the meal.Special Features:
- University student runJakeDined on 8/12/2014This is a student classroom setting. Lovely dining room with a small staff. Since it is a "classroom" you need to have patience. Not a place to lunch at if you are in a rush. That said it was a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencesassygirlDined on 8/8/2014We had a terrific lunch - great food, great service, nice relaxed ambiance. The presentation was lovely and the taste superb! I will return and look forward to the next menu offerings. I would absolutely recommend this spot to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eyrie in Oak ParknonicknamedinerDined on 8/1/2014Pleasant experience eating with group at student-run Robert Morris BYO restaurant. Good menu with options for sharing (flatbreads, salads). Food well-prepared, attractive presentation, suitable portion sizes. Cheerful, attentive but not intrusive, friendly service. Appealing modern/simple dining room with open kitchen. BYOB adds affordability, encourages group dining especially with friends who enjoy wine. Contributions to scholarship fund en lieu of tips.Special Features:
- SoloDined on 7/26/2014IT was a lovely setting w/ artistic table settings that were simple but attractive. The food was very good and had some unusual choices. The chilled summer soup was delicious. I would recommend it as a good choice for interesting food and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014We had a great lunch at this hidden-in-plain-sight gem. The lunch menu choices were limited but that was great for our family of three - we had one of each sandwich! Immaculate dining room/kitchen, large portions, fast and friendly service. It was hard to tell from the facade if it was a restaurant but we knew the name so we knew we were in the right place. Entrance was a little confusing. We would recommend a chalk board/sandwich board out front with daily specials, or something and an arrow on the board pointing towards the restaurant door. The concept of this student run, teaching, sustainable, farm fresh restaurant is fantastic and it's a shame not more of the locals support this. If we lived in Oak Park we would eat here often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- efhhDined on 7/12/2014Food was excellent. Chilled carrot soup was fabulous. Salmon with book chop and quinoa was wonderful. Student service need a little work on timing.Special Features:
- PhilVIPDined on 7/11/2014Very limited menu but some creative items like a carrot, coconut lime soup. Service was ok but not their strong point. Nice to be able to support student enterprise but not sure would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+BirdlegzVIPDined on 6/28/2014What a great find. The menu, while small and somewhat limited, is creative and the food is delicious! The pork tenderloin was truly the best I've ever had, looking and tasting more like a fine steak. The carrot-ginger soup was so refreshing on a hot summer evening, and our peanut-butter chocolate pie tasted homemade and wonderful. For the most part, the students did a nice job, getting our courses to us in a timely way, without rushing, or, delaying a relaxed pace. And...it's BYOB with no corking fee, which makes dining gourmet-style perfect for an "everyman" budget. It was so great. being served by students with great attitudes and a really helpful manner. Will definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- The following 88 reviews are from the Eyrie - Robert Morris University - Illinois reviews archive.
- Great Way to Support RMU!chicagofoodieVIPDined on 5/24/2014I went to Eyrie with a group before a play last Saturday night. It was my first time there and a great experience. We had a very nice server, everyone enjoyed their meals, and it's BYOB with no corkage fee! Everyone had a great experience. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Dining Reviewdiningforme1Dined on 5/17/2014There were four of us for dinner: The food was disappointing for three of us. The exception was the Italian Wedding soup and a flatbread entree - both good, according to my guest. The Greek salad was poorly presented. The Chicken Mole was dry and bland. The Hamburger was just okay. We didn't stay for dessert. Our waitress was pleasant enough, but didn't know what one of the vegetables was on the menu. I have been to this restaurant only one other time for lunch and everything was exceptional, that's why I came back with friends. I may or may not give it another try. Shame because it's a great idea and, I would think, be very helpful for student chefs and rewarding for clients to attend something unique and worthwhile.
- Excellent FindSlp123Dined on 5/16/2014We had a wonderful experience here! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Support your future chefsPJayVIPDined on 4/26/2014It is nice to enjoy the makings of a diamond in the rough. The restaurant is nicely decorated and offers Coke products, tea, cofee and Italian sodas. BYOB. Had a nice time. In lieu of tips, a link is provided to make a donation online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014I have eaten at this restaurant often and have enjoyed it. This was the first time that I did not like my lunch. My club sandwich had way too much bread in comparison to the rest of the ingredients. It was too dry and the contents were skimpy. In addition, the home made chips were overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service not soGayleDined on 4/20/2014We reserved a table for Sunday Easter Brunch. It was BYOB, which was nice for the mimosa's made with a better champagne. The omelets were made to order and very tasty, and the buffet was well stocked and fresh. Dessert tray delicious. But we had a slow and absent waiter… who just didn't seem to care much. So were were looking for him to fill our water glasses, bring salt and pepper, jams, etc. He was just not attentive. There are no tips at this restaurant cooking school- just donation to the school. I would try again for another day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchlovetoeatoutDined on 4/20/2014The brunch was really great except for the rice with lentils. It looked so soggy! I loved the white clothed tables with cute vases and flowers. The place was vibrant and inviting. Great for brunch or lunch. Have yet to go for dinner. The brunch had various salads, soups and juices. You had your choice of salmon, pancakes, potatoes and desserts. Our eggs were made to order and taste so fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent quality and valueJah2014Dined on 4/20/2014Delicious tastes and presentation of food, plus it benefits a great cause - learning! I would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYOBTeacher14Dined on 3/1/2014This is a nice addition to the Oak Park restaurant scene. The food was good and being a BYOB makes it very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE WERE IMPRESSED WITH THElladycancerDined on 3/1/2014WE WERE IMPRESSED WITH THE AMBIENCE ESPECIALLY WITH THE USE OF RECYCLED MATERIALS. THE FOOD WAS PRESENTED VERY NICE. THE WAIT STAFF AND GREETER WERE FRIENDLY AND MOST COURTEOUS. MY ONE IMPROVEMENT OR CHANGE WOULD BE NICE TO SEE IS THE TIP SHOULD BE INCLUDED ON CHECK WE DO NOT USE ON LINE CHECKING AND COULD NOT LEAVE A GRATUITY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP FUND.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food every timeRobertsmith222014Dined on 2/15/2014Great food always great quality for the price compared to anything in the area. Waters and waiters are good but not exceptional. They do a good job but you can just tell they don't have any experience. But it is BYOB with no cork fee and no tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Valentine's Day dinner!ShrazzyVIPDined on 2/14/2014This was their first venture into fine dining, and it was very nicely done. The scallops were particularly delicious, perfectly tender. BYOB was a bonus. The chocolate dessert was also wonderful. The meal ended with a gift of boxed chocolates and a rose. What a thoughtful touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff are friendly, thejtwyattVIPDined on 1/25/2014The staff are friendly, the place is BYOB so it cuts down the cost on a noght out. Plus you can bring your favorite. I will defintely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we just found that the servicecattDined on 1/11/2014we just found that the service was lacked, talked to server about it and he said some students called in and the professors had to cover. Will give another try to see it impoves.Special Features:
- Give it a try!ems83Dined on 1/10/2014Really like this restaurant, but you have to know it's a school restaurant. The menu is all over the place, no specific theme, which was actually kind of fun if you go and share everything. The actual food was fantastic, and the overall prices are just so affordable. I would absolutely go there again. The only thing I did not like was the lighting, for dinner it was way too bright, would have like a little darker and more intimate ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindJakeDined on 12/5/2013Food was very good. A little slow, but we knew that going in as it is a "classroom" for the University. That said we will most definitely return there to enjoy another lunch. Will try for a dinner on a Friday or Saturday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here with the familyILoveAGoodMealDined on 11/22/2013Went here with the family for my birthday. The food was good. I like that you can bring your own wine. My 12 year old loves to try new foods, so this will b our new spot. The service was a little slow but overall I would recommend. I'm glad I found this place. It truly is a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New SpotPhilDined on 11/8/2013This is a brilliant idea for a new restaurant created and run by culinary students of Robert Morris University open only a few months. II's BYOB, limited menu reasonably priced and everything we tried was fantastic. Pretty soon you'll have to wait in line for a tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet in Oak ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/2/2013Oak Park was a halfway place to meet friends for the day, and we picked Eyrie after looking at the online menu. We were very happy with our choice and especially liked its association with a university culinary program. Not all the dishes were a hit, but I think the chefs in training did quite a nice job. We all liked the flatbread, with lots of arugula, though we thought it could have used less bacon and a little less blue cheese. The kale salad was nice with the light viniagrette, but I didn't think the roasted grapes added much, and again maybe use a little less bacon. The lamb sandwich had a nice portion of shaved rare lamb but I would have preferred a cheese with horseradish rather than fontina. Great coffee! We'd eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked the food, but the ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013Liked the food, but the ambience was a little lacking. Maybe flowers, table cloths, and/or draperies at the windows would add coziness and also help with the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EyriekatgunDined on 10/12/2013Nice place, excellent service, able to speak with companions without the din some more noted places have; happy to have found it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemSarahDined on 10/5/2013Have been here for lunch three times but never dinner. It was wonderful, and you can't beat the fact you can bring your own wine. The food was presented beautifully, just the right quantities and the staff very accommodating. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great addition to the area!MarucaDined on 9/11/2013The food and service were very good, modern and healthy. Staffed by culinary students at Robert Morris University, it gives them a great opportunity to interact with customers; nice decor, dishes, salt & pepper shakers, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch, Great Value, Yummy!LorieDined on 9/3/2013Lunch was fantastic! Soup, sandwich and dessert were great! Keep up the great work, RMU Students!Special Features:
- Great dealBillDined on 8/17/2013You get the benefit of high-end dining without that price because the restaurant is a student-run testing ground. The experiments have all been successful every time I've gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at the eagles nest.jeanneDined on 8/6/2013it is a high ceiling older building in downtown oak park that has been updated to modern, very nice. open now only for lunch 11;30 til 1:30 i had a flatbread w/ three cheeses, my friend had turkey sausage w/ salad, great. but the thing that sealed it was the berry shortcake, wow. very nice no tipping if you would like to make a donation it is fineSpecial Features:
- Student-runmabelscVIPDined on 7/26/2013The ones acting as servers seemed a bit nervous (one told me it was her first day). The food was a bit bland, but presented well. Always happy to support local culinary students. Green initiatives, so even more commendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.