8 Extra Place
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.extraplace.us/
- Phone: 2127774252
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri from 6 PM till 12 AM
Sat-Sun from 11 AM till 4 PM
Sat-Sun from 6 PM till 12 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Michael Han
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Extra Place
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Extra Place reviews from OpenTable diners
- Seriously good food. SurprisinglyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013Seriously good food. Surprisingly good. Our apps and main courses were uniformly outstanding and the wine list was quite good (and very reasonably priced).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious small platestourdinerVIPDined on 6/29/2013Had a coupon from Blackboard Eats...(free bottle of wine with 4 small plates or two entrees). The wine was better than we expected. Extra Place was in a courtyard along with a few other restaurants. I usually don't like eating outdoors unless it is in a garden, but the courtyard just off the street was nice and airy. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected surpriseMKLinNYCDined on 6/28/2013Tucked away on an alley of the same name, "Extra Place" was an unexpected surprise: beautiful food, a romantic date spot on a Friday night, and gracious service. We also enjoyed our conversation with one of the managers, his wife, and their toddler. We look forward to bringing our toddler back for brunch. It's rare to find a family-friendly place that also has such refined, creative food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gem tucked away on aOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/21/2013Great gem tucked away on a quiet side alley. The wine list is well-curated without the high markups of most NYC restaurants. Meat dishes are expertly prepared and I love the ability to order off of their sister restaurant's menu--Heidi ( don't miss the Raclette or the Tete de Moine cheeses). The owner and waitstaff are very friendly and always aim to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The variety of MediterraneanOnTheDLVIPDined on 6/15/2013The variety of Mediterranean small plates make a wonderful meal. Start the creamy Burrata and the hummus with bulgur plates to get your palate in the right place. Then compliment these with more savory dishes like the grilled octopus, seared day boat scallops, and braised short rib. You won't be disappointed. Also, if you can, make a late dinner reservation and sit outside, it makes for a wonderful summer night setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeThugboatDined on 6/8/2013lamb shank was awesome, incredibly good lamb meatball! only downside is the rank fish oil smell outside which is not related to their restaurant. kind of ruins dining outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent. FoodAndieVIPDined on 4/24/2013Service was excellent. Food was good, but could have been a lot better if there was more seasoning and flavor to it.
- We went on a Sunday night.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2013We went on a Sunday night. They were out of everything (but there's a Whole Foods around the corner, for crying out loud). We were expecting a Middle Eastern menu, but they had just changed it. Food was flavorless.