Exchange Street Bistro
67 Exchange Street
Malden, MA 02148Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Exchange Street Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.exchangestreetbistro.com/
- Phone: (781) 322-0071
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Exchange Street Bistro
Welcome to Exchange Street Bistro, an inviting, exciting contemporary bistro located in the heart of Malden Center. Just steps away from the city’s T-stop and several new luxury condominiums, Exchange Street Bistro creates an upscale neighborhood feel for those looking for an outstanding dining experience. With an extensive and creative menu, Exchange Street Bistro’s chef’s offer trend setting and savory dishes at reasonable prices. Our staff provides superior service along with exceptional knowledge of our menu, and extensive wine list. Therefore, ensuring our guests an experience that will far exceed all their expectations. The warm and charming décor of Exchange Street Bistro, is enhanced with dramatic lighting, showcasing everything from our beautifully crafted granite bar and tables to our intimate high back booths through out the dining room. The fully stocked bar and spacious lounge creates a stylish and vibrant atmosphere with an exquisite martini menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Exchange Street Bistro - Best Restaurants in Malden ›
Exchange Street Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (16)special occasion (13)hot spot (13)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (9)romantic (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Was not the best diningMaldenVIPDined on 11/8/2014Change of menu and couldn't compensate my requests.Special Features:
- Tasty Risotto/ SwordfishNorbaDined on 10/31/2014The place is very nice as always and usually very noisy but since It was only 5.00 pm no too many people so it was nice. I ordered a Seared Swordfish Herb risotto, tomatoes, spinach, wild mushrooms, water crest. I ate that baby very well. Tasty real good, I wish the portion was bigger since the Sword Fish was thin but with the services of the waitress, she was marvelous and friendly, kudos for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal!dineinmaldenDined on 10/25/2014We have dined at Exchange Street Bistro a few times now, and we have always had excellent service, food, and drink. We always marvel that such a place is tucked away here in Malden. There is a mix of patrons, families, couples, groups and all seemed to be having a great time and enjoying their meals. My only gripe is that the ladies room is tiny!Special Features:
- Great FindVinnieDined on 10/24/2014Our first time here was a very pleasant surprise. Given that the restaurant provides half off the second entree coupons, we didn't know what to expect. We found that the food and service were better than many higher priced places in the area. Our wedge salads were a bit small, but delicious with pieces of pork belly accenting the plate. The pork shank was very large and perfectly prepared with acorn squash and tiny nut clusters accompanying the dish. Finally, our bread pudding dessert was hot and delectable with blueberries, caramel covered banana slices, and a scoop of vanilla on top. Our waitress was friendly and helpful from start to finish. We will definitely return many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Martinis and Awesome food!!!!!Foodlover2VIPDined on 10/22/2014We've dined here many times and the food is always fantastic and the martinis are really great!Special Features:
- NiceMrrguesDined on 10/19/2014Good place .... Poor service okay food very quiet ! And laybackSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodKSHEADined on 10/19/2014Been to this restaurant 2x. The food has been very good with both visits. The menu is very accommodating to a group with different palates. Nice twists on American favorites. Large bar scene. Only issue during the day is that the restaurant is very dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining spotLocalMaldenGemDined on 10/14/2014WE have been here many time snand are never disappointed. Great food, drinks, ambiance...a keeperSpecial Features:
- Very delish!FLoRiderDined on 10/11/2014Everytime we come here, the service is spectacular and the food is delicious. The tapas specials are always on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchlovetodanceDined on 9/28/2014Six of us went to the Exchange St. Bistro for brunch on Sunday. Had been there for dinner before (love their martinis) but never brunch. It was excellent and Howard, our waiter, was great. Would recommend this place for any occasion.Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The restaurant looked nice. We had a reservation for 545PM and the place was empty, it took 10mins for our drinks to come when there was only 2 other tables in the restaurant. We could hear all the servers talking loudly in a corner. Service was decent, food was delicious!!!
- Dinner with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014Hostess was extremely gracious and accommodating. Ambience was wonderful. Food was ok, but Limoncello cake was out of this world delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodmix579VIPDined on 9/14/2014My son just moved to Malden so we gave this establishment a try. Didn't expect much but was very surprised. Quality of the food was very high. Appetizer tapas plate was plenty for two, nice cerviche, adobo shrimp, chicken slider a tad dry. Main courses: Lobster risotto was fabulous, with scallops nicely prepared. Prosciutto wrapped halibut on potato cakes was a winner as well. Fish was perfectly cooked. Place was very quiet when we were there but I suspect it packs and feels more like a sports bar on other nights. Waitress was a hoot. Very friendly and funny.
- Great Sunday brunchflangaDined on 9/14/2014Good food, friendly staff, easy-to-get-to location, reasonable prices. Very pleasant brunch; we'll be back to try other meals besides the brunch.Special Features:
- SO good!!Foodlover2VIPDined on 8/27/2014The food is so good here!! I've been here many times & it's always great & the martini's are too!! Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!SheSheDined on 8/21/2014I've been to Exchange Street Bistro on many occasions great food and drinks. I experienced my first issue on Thursday night. We arrived and the host said 10-15 minute wait which turned into an hour, even the bartender walked over to ask what we were waiting for! Not once did she come over to check in with us to apologize or anything until it was time to be seated. Overall though great food as usual and we had the pleasure of having two waitresses that we're awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and serviceUmyameDined on 8/14/2014As always all was top notch food and service my granddaughter from SC was very impressed and she works part time as a waitress in SCSpecial Features:
- foodjoysDined on 8/4/2014Always look forward to the tapas plates creations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestaurantBOSMANDined on 8/2/2014I have dined at the here many times with my wife and daughter. I simply love the Exchange Bistro. The food is amazing, service is terrific. Many times we have had Daine as our server. She is an asset to your restaurant. She is sooooo consistently great. When I leave the EB, I look forward to our next dining date. Kepp up the great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find in MaldenMBsmealsDined on 8/1/20148/1/2014 I live in Boston, a friend who commutes to Oak grove wanted to meet for dinner "somewhere on the orange line". I googled Orange Line and restaurants and found Exchange Street Bistro just a block from the T. What a spectacular gem!! I have never been to Malden but I will be returning to the bistro. Cozy bar, great high top tables, inventive well thought out menu and SPECTACULAR cocktails!! Generous portions and truly something for every type of palate. While there are great places I go to in west roxbury and roslindale I think Exchange Street could find a niche!Special Features:
- The following 409 reviews are from the Exchange Street Bistro reviews archive.
- Great RestaurantEddieandBonnieDined on 7/21/2014Exchange Street Bistro is very nice restaurant in an excellent location. Parking is easy with Public Parking as well as the Garage right across the street. The food was excellent and so was the service. The bar section was quite noisy, but we managed to sit at a table in the Dining Room, which was private and exclusive. The price that we paid for our dinners is very reasonable. Overall, we are extremely happy, and will certainly visit this place again.Special Features:
- Great service and great foodMikiVIPDined on 7/11/2014Went with my husband for the first time and we were pleasantly surprised. We will come back again for the great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spot in MaldenChristineBostonVIPDined on 7/9/2014Love this place. Interesting menu, great martinis, good food, wonderful service and, amazingly, offers whatever ambiance you need. The front of house is quiet enough for conversations over dinner but the bar scene is vibrant and fun. Don't know how they do it...just glad they do!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/21/2014Great food and great service. We asked for a quiet spot and were given a great location. The price was right, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancieVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great place for lunch. Service staff were wonderful. Great lunch food.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service, energeticbgrumpyjVIPDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I go to this restaurant regularly, the food is consistently very good and the service staff are very efficient and friendly. We enjoy the seating on the bar side for the energy generated by the bar scene and enjoy the window seating to watch the people going by. Vodka Martini with Blue Cheese Olives are the best!Special Features:
- New to the NeighborhoodBabyBack2BillVIPDined on 5/30/2014My office recently located to Malden center and have been exploring the neighborhood. Very much enjoyed the food, ambiance and service at this restaurant. The food was very tasty and delivered hot. Seafood was done to perfection. Pasta dish was very nicely done and plentiful serving. The server was attentive but not intrusive. The drink menu was expansive with numerous otions which turned out great. We dined at a leisurely pace and look forward to coming back again soon!Special Features:
- Great food and location.NECIDined on 5/15/2014Outstanding fine dining. We keep coming back. Pan seared tuna was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely experienceKL24VIPDined on 5/1/2014Went here for a night out with a dear friend, unsure of what to expect given the area but wow, we were very happily surprised with our experience. The staff was very attentive as I waited and every member made sure I was being helped. Upon being seated out waitress was prompt and friendly. Our entrees, fettuccini carbonara and Eggplant roulade were extremely flavorful and well cooked, portions were large enough that we had some left over. Martini selection was overwhelming in the best way possible. I would strongly suggest the Undone Pina Colada if you're a fan of banana's and coconut, it was to die for! Overall, I was very impressed with this restaurant, definitely a hidden gem in this neighborhood!Special Features:
- All great except the table itself.Jad66Dined on 4/18/2014Everything was exceptional except the table itself. The table was too thin for the benches and very uncomfortable to lean so far at the edge of the seat to eat. Very uncomfortable. Please get a wider table for this seating. Other than that, the food and service were excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/serviceRedsoxfan1964VIPDined on 4/14/2014A very nice surprise. Food was fantastic, service was excellent. We will be back!Special Features:
- excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014I've been going there for a while now and never get disappointed, food, service, really friendly,,,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. They caterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/10/2014Food was excellent. They cater to special requests and the staff is always attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going Down Hill fastGoodFoodBadServiceVIPDined on 4/5/2014This restaurant used to be good but it's been awhile since I've been back and it will be awhile before I go back. Service was slow, food was not good at all. Steak was over charred on the outside They undercooked my wife's steak.
- My husband and I really enjoyedCJMelroseVIPDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our first visit to this restaurant. The food, drink and service were all excellent. The only drawback for us was that it was a bit loud. It would benefit from some work on the acoustics to provide a bit less echoey space. But we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected and well above averageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2014We dined as party of 5 with two seniors with mobility issues. Very easy in and out, with ramp to get in and plenty of space of move around. The service was great and the food was excellent--my husband and I hadn't had beef for a long time and we both tried the steak options. Both were just delicious, as were the other choices--fish tacos, scallops and salmon. Deserts were huge and also very good. If I lived closer I would go and sit at bar--nice atmosphere. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Sunday Brunch!ShannonDined on 3/16/2014Good selection of both lunch and breakfast options with big combinations (I.e. crab cakes Benedict). Flavorful mimosas and martini list is always on point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they can't missalexDined on 3/16/2014They are great. I mostly go for dinner and the bar menu, but brunch was delightful as well. The staff knew the menu well and the short menu means everything on it will be made really well. Loved the ricotta and lemon pancake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awesome martinisEutaDined on 3/14/2014My girlfriend loves the Exchange Street Bistro, we try to go there at least once a month, due to a food allergy she needs to eat gluten-free, the restaurant is very good at accommodating. We have never had a bad meal there, and the staff is very professional and yet warm at the same time. The added convenience of the parking garage across the street, which is free when the restaurant validates the parking ticket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food with good drinksomercankVIPDined on 3/2/2014I've been to Exchange Street Bistro twice and both times I've brunched there, the food was mediocre. The service is quite good and their drinks are diverse and well-made. I would go again, but my expectations of the place were definitely lowered.Special Features: