Exchange Street Bistro
67 Exchange Street
Malden, MA 02148Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Exchange Street Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.exchangestreetbistro.com/
- Phone: 7813220071x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Exchange Street Bistro
Welcome to Exchange Street Bistro, an inviting, exciting contemporary bistro located in the heart of Malden Center. Just steps away from the city’s T-stop and several new luxury condominiums, Exchange Street Bistro creates an upscale neighborhood feel for those looking for an outstanding dining experience. With an extensive and creative menu, Exchange Street Bistro’s chef’s offer trend setting and savory dishes at reasonable prices. Our staff provides superior service along with exceptional knowledge of our menu, and extensive wine list. Therefore, ensuring our guests an experience that will far exceed all their expectations. The warm and charming décor of Exchange Street Bistro, is enhanced with dramatic lighting, showcasing everything from our beautifully crafted granite bar and tables to our intimate high back booths through out the dining room. The fully stocked bar and spacious lounge creates a stylish and vibrant atmosphere with an exquisite martini menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Exchange Street Bistro - Best Restaurants in Malden ›
Exchange Street Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (14)vibrant bar scene (14)special occasion (13)hot spot (10)romantic (9)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Dinner with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014Hostess was extremely gracious and accommodating. Ambience was wonderful. Food was ok, but Limoncello cake was out of this world delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodmix579VIPDined on 9/14/2014My son just moved to Malden so we gave this establishment a try. Didn't expect much but was very surprised. Quality of the food was very high. Appetizer tapas plate was plenty for two, nice cerviche, adobo shrimp, chicken slider a tad dry. Main courses: Lobster risotto was fabulous, with scallops nicely prepared. Prosciutto wrapped halibut on potato cakes was a winner as well. Fish was perfectly cooked. Place was very quiet when we were there but I suspect it packs and feels more like a sports bar on other nights. Waitress was a hoot. Very friendly and funny.
- Great Sunday brunchflangaDined on 9/14/2014Good food, friendly staff, easy-to-get-to location, reasonable prices. Very pleasant brunch; we'll be back to try other meals besides the brunch.Special Features:
- SO good!!Foodlover2VIPDined on 8/27/2014The food is so good here!! I've been here many times & it's always great & the martini's are too!! Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!SheSheDined on 8/21/2014I've been to Exchange Street Bistro on many occasions great food and drinks. I experienced my first issue on Thursday night. We arrived and the host said 10-15 minute wait which turned into an hour, even the bartender walked over to ask what we were waiting for! Not once did she come over to check in with us to apologize or anything until it was time to be seated. Overall though great food as usual and we had the pleasure of having two waitresses that we're awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and serviceUmyameDined on 8/14/2014As always all was top notch food and service my granddaughter from SC was very impressed and she works part time as a waitress in SCSpecial Features:
- foodjoysDined on 8/4/2014Always look forward to the tapas plates creations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestaurantBOSMANDined on 8/2/2014I have dined at the here many times with my wife and daughter. I simply love the Exchange Bistro. The food is amazing, service is terrific. Many times we have had Daine as our server. She is an asset to your restaurant. She is sooooo consistently great. When I leave the EB, I look forward to our next dining date. Kepp up the great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find in MaldenMBsmealsDined on 8/1/20148/1/2014 I live in Boston, a friend who commutes to Oak grove wanted to meet for dinner "somewhere on the orange line". I googled Orange Line and restaurants and found Exchange Street Bistro just a block from the T. What a spectacular gem!! I have never been to Malden but I will be returning to the bistro. Cozy bar, great high top tables, inventive well thought out menu and SPECTACULAR cocktails!! Generous portions and truly something for every type of palate. While there are great places I go to in west roxbury and roslindale I think Exchange Street could find a niche!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantEddieandBonnieDined on 7/21/2014Exchange Street Bistro is very nice restaurant in an excellent location. Parking is easy with Public Parking as well as the Garage right across the street. The food was excellent and so was the service. The bar section was quite noisy, but we managed to sit at a table in the Dining Room, which was private and exclusive. The price that we paid for our dinners is very reasonable. Overall, we are extremely happy, and will certainly visit this place again.Special Features:
- Great service and great foodMikiVIPDined on 7/11/2014Went with my husband for the first time and we were pleasantly surprised. We will come back again for the great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spot in MaldenChristineBostonVIPDined on 7/9/2014Love this place. Interesting menu, great martinis, good food, wonderful service and, amazingly, offers whatever ambiance you need. The front of house is quiet enough for conversations over dinner but the bar scene is vibrant and fun. Don't know how they do it...just glad they do!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/21/2014Great food and great service. We asked for a quiet spot and were given a great location. The price was right, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancieVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great place for lunch. Service staff were wonderful. Great lunch food.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service, energeticbgrumpyjVIPDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I go to this restaurant regularly, the food is consistently very good and the service staff are very efficient and friendly. We enjoy the seating on the bar side for the energy generated by the bar scene and enjoy the window seating to watch the people going by. Vodka Martini with Blue Cheese Olives are the best!Special Features:
- New to the NeighborhoodBabyBack2BillVIPDined on 5/30/2014My office recently located to Malden center and have been exploring the neighborhood. Very much enjoyed the food, ambiance and service at this restaurant. The food was very tasty and delivered hot. Seafood was done to perfection. Pasta dish was very nicely done and plentiful serving. The server was attentive but not intrusive. The drink menu was expansive with numerous otions which turned out great. We dined at a leisurely pace and look forward to coming back again soon!Special Features:
- The following 402 reviews are from the Exchange Street Bistro reviews archive.
- Great food and location.NECIDined on 5/15/2014Outstanding fine dining. We keep coming back. Pan seared tuna was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely experienceKL24VIPDined on 5/1/2014Went here for a night out with a dear friend, unsure of what to expect given the area but wow, we were very happily surprised with our experience. The staff was very attentive as I waited and every member made sure I was being helped. Upon being seated out waitress was prompt and friendly. Our entrees, fettuccini carbonara and Eggplant roulade were extremely flavorful and well cooked, portions were large enough that we had some left over. Martini selection was overwhelming in the best way possible. I would strongly suggest the Undone Pina Colada if you're a fan of banana's and coconut, it was to die for! Overall, I was very impressed with this restaurant, definitely a hidden gem in this neighborhood!Special Features:
- All great except the table itself.Jad66Dined on 4/18/2014Everything was exceptional except the table itself. The table was too thin for the benches and very uncomfortable to lean so far at the edge of the seat to eat. Very uncomfortable. Please get a wider table for this seating. Other than that, the food and service were excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/serviceRedsoxfan1964VIPDined on 4/14/2014A very nice surprise. Food was fantastic, service was excellent. We will be back!Special Features:
- excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014I've been going there for a while now and never get disappointed, food, service, really friendly,,,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. They caterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/10/2014Food was excellent. They cater to special requests and the staff is always attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going Down Hill fastGoodFoodBadServiceVIPDined on 4/5/2014This restaurant used to be good but it's been awhile since I've been back and it will be awhile before I go back. Service was slow, food was not good at all. Steak was over charred on the outside They undercooked my wife's steak.
- My husband and I really enjoyedCJMelroseDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our first visit to this restaurant. The food, drink and service were all excellent. The only drawback for us was that it was a bit loud. It would benefit from some work on the acoustics to provide a bit less echoey space. But we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected and well above averageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2014We dined as party of 5 with two seniors with mobility issues. Very easy in and out, with ramp to get in and plenty of space of move around. The service was great and the food was excellent--my husband and I hadn't had beef for a long time and we both tried the steak options. Both were just delicious, as were the other choices--fish tacos, scallops and salmon. Deserts were huge and also very good. If I lived closer I would go and sit at bar--nice atmosphere. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Sunday Brunch!ShannonDined on 3/16/2014Good selection of both lunch and breakfast options with big combinations (I.e. crab cakes Benedict). Flavorful mimosas and martini list is always on point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they can't missalexDined on 3/16/2014They are great. I mostly go for dinner and the bar menu, but brunch was delightful as well. The staff knew the menu well and the short menu means everything on it will be made really well. Loved the ricotta and lemon pancake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awesome martinisEutaDined on 3/14/2014My girlfriend loves the Exchange Street Bistro, we try to go there at least once a month, due to a food allergy she needs to eat gluten-free, the restaurant is very good at accommodating. We have never had a bad meal there, and the staff is very professional and yet warm at the same time. The added convenience of the parking garage across the street, which is free when the restaurant validates the parking ticket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food with good drinksomercankDined on 3/2/2014I've been to Exchange Street Bistro twice and both times I've brunched there, the food was mediocre. The service is quite good and their drinks are diverse and well-made. I would go again, but my expectations of the place were definitely lowered.Special Features:
- really like this placekp617Dined on 2/14/2014My waiter was awesome btw new every drink food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Huge drink selection, limited food menu, but they keep it simple and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Service!DiningForJayDined on 2/14/2014The food here is perfect. We tried their seafood and steak, and both were delicious. Service is great, and we definitely enjoy the setting. Definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMilyDined on 2/3/2014The place was fantastic. Great service the minute we walk in. The calamari was delicious. Our meals were very good and we wil def go back again. It is a great place for a romantic dinner and the martinis are absolutely delicious. The best martinis I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but noiseyRiccardoVIPDined on 2/1/2014We decided at the last minute to go on a Saturday night (7:30). Called first to check but got right in. Parked for free in garage across the street. We had been here before and had forgotten how loud it is. Not the place to go for a quite dinner with your sweetie. Food was very good. Good prices. Cosmo lacked sweetness. Bellini near the best we have had. Will be back but may bring ear plugs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014They have a great spit for Malden but the food wasn't that good and priceySpecial Features:
- Delicious brunch!!Jaws9597Dined on 1/26/2014N was the second time Ive had brunch there and it was exactly what I wanted and my dining guests were just as pleased!!! I definitely go there again and suggest it to friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for the time the service was slow.EddieDined on 1/26/2014The restaurant was busier than usual so it was not a complete surprise that it took longer to get our food. Our server was attentive and never pretended there wasn't an issue. He apologized and made sure that our drinks were refreshed. When the food arrived no one was disappointed. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best of both worldsambrosiaVIPDined on 1/23/2014Great choice of lively bar section and quiet dining room.Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACE!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/17/2014This is one of my favorite new places to go! The service is always good & the food is AMAZING!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/10/2014I've been coming to this restaurant for the past two years. The great food, martinis and atmosphere always makes it an easy decision when it comes to local restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.