420 Emerson Street
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.evvia.net/
- Phone: 6503260983
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can accommodate large parties. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Panos Gogonas 6503260983
A word from Evvia
Sister restaurant of Kokkari, Evvia has been serving beautiful and elegant Greek cuisine since 1995. Fabulous fish, savory roasted meats, and sun-soaked vegetables are jazzed up with a spritz of lemon, a little olive oil, and herbs. There is perfection in simplicity.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Evvia - Best Restaurants in Palo Alto ›
Evvia reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (196)special occasion (172)neighborhood gem (122)romantic (91)hot spot (91)notable wine list (88)great for lunch (80)good for groups (77)late-night find (19)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Menu and service rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Everything on the menu is both unique and appealing. The waiters/waitresses are quick to take your order while also not making you feel rushed. They are also very knowledgeable of the menu and give lovely/fitting recommendations. They have never steered me wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Friendly, courteous staff, superb lamb riblets and chopsSpecial Features:
- Greek cuisine at its besthappypatronDined on 10/16/2014Dined here for a weekday lunch, with reservations. We were greeted warmly at the door and seated shortly.Our waitress, Anthy, was very knowledgeable about the menu and attentive throughout the meal. My chicken souvlaki was superb and my friend said her lamb sandwich was very tasty. We ordered Galatoboureko desserts (custard filled fillo rolls) and Greek Coffee. The galatoboureko rolls were baked just before serving which allowed them to remain crisp with just the right amount of honey drizzled atop. The Greek coffee was prepared within view, in a traditional breeki on a bed of hot sand. Served in small demitasse cup, it was wonderful. If you are out anywhere near Palo Alto and want a unique eating experience, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- ChrisDined on 10/16/2014Very authentic and well prepared. Didn't over sauce everything and let the natural flavors of the wood burning fire bring out the best in the food. I live on the East Coast, but if I am ever back in the Bay Area, I will make a point to return.Special Features:
- Special eveningHappy2Dined on 10/15/2014Evvia takes the time to to make your dining experience effortless. Friendly good service, not too intrusive. Food is all exceptional and unusual. Wonderful for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/11/2014We go to Evvia usually for lunch and love their dishes. So, when we went for dinner this time, intestinally tried ones on the dinner menu - rib eye steak and halibut. The halibut was good, but the steak was a big disappointment. The service was good.
- DeliciousBgswm1Dined on 10/10/2014The meal and service is always full of flavor, freshness, and smiles. I always look forward to a meal at Evvia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!!JohnEDined on 10/10/2014Panos Gogonas, the General Manager and Partner is the perfect host. The food was fantastic. I had the Salmon - grilled wild salmon with lemon potato puree & tomato ouzo sauce. My guest had the Lamb Chops - rib-cut, mesquite-grilled lamb chops with olive oil roasted potatoes. This was my first visit. Looking forward returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Not for College studentsGoldmantisDined on 10/7/2014The food here was fantastic, the zucchini falafel type dish with mint lemon yogurt sauce was one of the best tasting dishes I have ever had. Baklava with ice cream was also phenomenal. The prices were fairly outrageous but I guess you can charge whatever you want if it tastes that good. Looking for mediterranean in Palo Alto I would still send you to Oren's, best hummus around hands down and 1/3 the price of a meal. That being said, Evvia has a much more conducive atmosphere for an anniversary dinner and the wine list is really extensive. So undergrads, walk down the street, unless you really really really like your date.Special Features:
- Great Lamb, Great DessertJieGhostDined on 10/2/2014Lamb chops is awesome. We tried another lamb appetizer which is also very very tasty. Pistachio ice cream and rice pudding are among the best dessert I have ever had. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food/service, large portionsFoodieVIPDined on 9/30/2014My husband and I had dinner on a Tuesday nite at Evvia. Our waiter was helpful and attentive without being overbearing. We enjoyed an octopus appertizer and two lamb entrees. The portions were very large and, in retrospect, we could easily shared an entree. Evvia is one of our favorite places to go in Palo Alto.Special Features:
- Lunch at EvviaARabbaniDined on 9/30/2014Amazing food!! What a gem!!! I recently moved to the bay area and this is by far my favorite restaurant in Palo AltoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAB!!!KAMareeVIPDined on 9/30/2014Love this place! We did small plates for lunch. The lamb riblets were just fall-off-the-bone tender and perfectly flavored. The serving was so generous, I took some home (and this was an appetizer). We split a pan of roasted padron peppers. A don't miss item and be forewarned. They range in intensity from bell pepper sweet to the far side of jalapeno hot. But worth the heat. On a lark we ordered dolmas and were blown away. Warm and olive oily and packed with flavor. I am usually so disappointed with dolmas. These were perfect. I had a lovely salad, but was so enchanted with the lamb and dolmas I don't remember much of it except it was excellent. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Just perfect!AnnaDined on 9/28/2014The best Greek restaurant I've ever tried... everything was outstanding, just perfect!!! I enjoyed the atmosphere but above all the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food (especially appetizers!)DebbieDined on 9/24/2014Very good food and service, I will go back again. However, I was spending one night with an out of town family member and my husband, and the noise level is too high if you really want to be able to have a conversation and catch up.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceHunterGathererDined on 9/24/2014My wife and I had an enjoyable dinner dining on Greek specialties done right. Evvia excelled at all the Greek mainstays including avgolemono soup, great dolmades, lamb souvlaki, and of course a nice selection of Ouzo and Mythos to wash it down with. The galaktaborika was expertly paired with pistachio ice cream.Special Features:
- Great for foodiesPeterKDined on 9/22/2014As always the food, service and experience was wonderful. Even though we were the last diners there they never hurried us. Thanks again for a great lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/20/2014Every aspect of dining @ Evvia is top quality, which makes for a memorable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious! Does not disappoint!AnitaVIPDined on 9/19/2014Went for a late lunch and chose to eat all appetizers. Grilled octopus is divine, perfectly grilled, and not chewy. Dolmathes are wonderful as is the flat bread, and the lamb riblets are super tasty. The house salad has a phenomenal dressing, lemon OO and dill, beautifully balanced. The galacto burekko and rice pudding, two favorites of ours, were exquisite. Our Greek server, Alikki, was helpful, knowledgeable and she had a delightful personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!foodloverDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time at this lovely restaurant for a special occasion. We loved the food, being vegetarian, good appetizer choices, the spanokopita was excellent, and so was the tzatziki sauce with pita, the classic horiatiki salad, the grilled artichoke hearts and eggplant were delicious! Our waiter was very knowledgeable and offered good wine suggestions, helped us with veg choices. The Melitzanosalata (eggplant spread) fell short of our expectations, but the dessert Galaktoboureko more than made up for that one slip. The other issue we noticed was the hostess was unfriendly and stiff and the seating was not perfect - 3 of us were made to sit in a 2 person table.Special Features:
- UnusualAnthonyWVIPDined on 9/11/2014Lunch was unusual for Evvia today. We sat down at noon, took a little time to decide what to eat, but the food came out at 1:15pm. Tue special fish for the day, although tasty, was extremely bony. Probably a bad choice for a special that day for a place that hosts a lot of business lunches.
- lunch time feedbackDad4twoDined on 9/4/2014We had lunch at Evvia twice recently. The menu is the same as the dinner menu (and the prices too). Service at lunch time needs some improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in the USLeslieVIPDined on 9/3/2014I've never enjoyed a Greek restaurant better than Evvia. It is utterly authentic. The service is superb.Special Features:
- Same food& menu for past 14 years!FaraVIPDined on 9/2/2014Expensive Taseless food. Appetizers are better. Used to have food at Evvia a lot but not anymore.
- Sweet spot in Palo Alto!dutchchickie38Dined on 8/30/2014Absolutely loved our dining experience at Evvia! The service we received here was impeccable from start to finish. Would definitely dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy eating thereDisappointedDined on 8/30/2014We always enjoy an opportunity to eat at Evvia. It's usually impossible to get a table there on short notice, the reason being, of course, the quality of the food and the pleasant service. In particular we enjoy the fish entree dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best greek foodDK123Dined on 8/30/2014The food at Evvia is amazing. I am Greek and have been to Greece and the food at Evvia is the best Greek food I've had. A little pricey but worth it for special occasions. I've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in the areaAF65Dined on 8/28/2014Great food, very fast and efficient service, great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Happy birthday evening could not have selected a better place. Introduced on Check Please Bay Area a few weeks ago when the birthday girl said we should go for her birthday. Loving husband made reservations right away and luckily got them for her night. Hostess was stunning and professional. Waitress was top class all evening, she made suggestions from appetizers, mains and also assisted with our wine selection. Food was amazing, served promptly and hot and most importantly delicious. Everything we ordered was excellent. A.little pricey but would go again in a minute. Best evening out. since my birthday in San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food; Avoid Lunch at NoonOccasionalDinerDined on 8/28/2014Our work unit went out for a special lunch, and decided on Evvia. It was the first visit for most of the group. Our reservation was at noon, and we were seated at a very nice round table near the front of the restaurant. What can I say? The food was delicious, the waiter was top notch, but the place was packed and it was almost impossible for us to hear each other speak. Fortunately, we took our time over our delicious meal, and realized that by a little after one the restaurant noise level became quite manageable. So...note to self: go to lunch a little later, and have a more enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mediterranean food!experimentalchefDined on 8/25/2014A bit busy, so make sure you make reservations ahead of time.. The food and service is absolutely wonderful.. We ordered a lot of appetizers and skipped the main and then ordered bunch of desserts as it was my birthday celebration.. Loved the Pistachio ice-cream with pastry filled with custard!! yumm!!! The waiter even discounted one of the dessert because it was a b'day special from the house! How sweet :) Totally would visit again for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- EvviaMom05112014Dined on 8/24/2014Ths was our first time dining at Evvia. The service was very good. Our waiter took the time to explaing the menu selections to us. He was very attentive without being overly attentive. Our food was delicious. We had the stuffed grape leave and prawns for appetizers and the salmon for the main course. The wine list was very interesting but a little pricey. I think this was a great restaurant. Very nice atmosphere. We are looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Meh plusOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This is supposed to be the best restaurant in Palo Alto. It is pleasant and the food is very fresh and nicely prepared. I did not find it amazing on any level except its high cost.
- Great food!ShrehaDined on 8/21/2014Evvia has great food and is very well known for their lamb dishes. The ambiance is loud (only because the restaurant is always full) but romantic. Service can be a bit slow since the restaurant is always busy. Be sure to take out at least 1.5 hours to feast here. The food is very delicious and flavorful! As a vegetarian, I ordered their vegetarian ravioli which was very unique (have you ever had soupy ravioli!?) and the vegetables were very fresh. Definitely try this spot out!Special Features:
- best restaurant in palo altochortlevork88Dined on 8/21/2014Evvia's food and ambience feels elegantly, authentically Greek, but evinces a mastery of contemporary gastronomics and design. Every corner of the menu is exceptionally strong, but standouts include the eggplant artichoke souvlaki (appetizers), the grilled and rotisserie specials including whole fish (entrees), the galaktoboureko with pistachio ice cream, and the rice pudding with roast peach (dessert). Evvia is simply one of my favorite places to eat in the Bay Area, and this meal confirmed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAmandaVIPDined on 8/19/2014The food was amazing, most of it recommended by our waiter. We tried various appetizers, fish entrees, and a lamb entree. All were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palo Alto's finest!!PAfoodieDined on 8/19/2014I love Evvia. Food is always wonderful especially any fish or lamb dish, hard to decide. Great first courses too which are great to share. Entree servings are quite generous and I had no room for dessert as a result. Service is perfect, friendly and attentive but not overbearing. Servers seem happy to be there and know the menu well as well as wine list. Evvia is always packed so very vibrant, ranging from families celebrating to business dinners. Decor is nice, love seeing the big open grill. Evvia has been in Palo Alto for 19 years which is testimony in a town where restaurants turn over rapidly. My only criticism is wine list is very pricey, some more moderate selections would be welcome.Special Features:
- great foodKimberlyDined on 8/18/2014We love everything about this place. The food was delicious, service was excellent and very romantic!Special Features:
- LambPort63VIPDined on 8/17/2014Please go back to Calif Lamb, I don't like the gamy taste of Australian Lamb, I know it's cheaper .Special Features:
- phcesqphcesqDined on 8/15/2014One of our favorite restaurants. Great food and service. (Wine a tad pricey but what else is new.)Special Features: