420 Emerson Street
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.evvia.net/
- Phone: (650) 326-0983
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can accommodate large parties. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Panos Gogonas 6503260983
A word from Evvia
Sister restaurant of Kokkari, Evvia has been serving beautiful and elegant Greek cuisine since 1995. Fabulous fish, savory roasted meats, and sun-soaked vegetables are jazzed up with a spritz of lemon, a little olive oil, and herbs. There is perfection in simplicity.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Evvia - Best Restaurants in Palo Alto ›
Evvia reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (181)special occasion (160)neighborhood gem (123)romantic (99)notable wine list (85)hot spot (81)great for lunch (77)good for groups (69)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Definitely come here for the phyllo custardOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014Phyllo wrapped custard with Pistachio ice cream is one of the best desserts I've ever had. Definitely worth coming back for. Lamb chops were good but Cole's Chophouse in Napa is still the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best on the peninsulaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014Have been a few times, and this visit was no different - simply superlative. Took my brother for his birthday dinner and he was over the moon with every dish. The fish is amazing, the lamb is off the hook and the rib-eye is the best I've ever had. I could also go and eat just appetizers - they are all so good. Service was excellent and comfortable, I felt like family. I really can't recommend this restaurant more highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good as usualRudyDined on 11/21/2014We got an excellent diner! I d like to do a small comment on the starter we took i.e. The octopus was Good but very few pieces for 16usd. Service is nice even we had to remember them to bring us the bread two time. Only problem for me is the noise level. It was quite high. Beside this we would recommend this restaurant for a Mediterranean envy :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EvviaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Fantastic as always! By far, best place in Palo Alto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014The place is tugged away in a university town which was very quiet. Nice to have such Good finds. However, it is not very convenient to get to the place unless you drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeGRandhawaDined on 11/17/2014Just awesome. Always. Without failure for years now I have had the best experience here. Great food. Very personal experience from hosts. Love it every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!luvgoodfoodVIPDined on 11/16/2014Was looking for a place to meet up with a friend from college that I hadn't seen in a long time. I wanted to meet up with him on his way north to SFO and thought that Kokkari would be too far of a drive. Settled on Evvia. We were both very late but I called Evvia and explained that we were old friends, trying hard to meet up, and coming from different directions and accidents on the freeways . . . etc. They were super gracious and accommodated us for the loveliest, coziest, most delicious and heart warming meal I've had out in -- I dunno -- forever. Service is impeccable and friendly. The food is superb. The ambiance warm and rustically elegant. Beautiful Santorini white completed it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evvia never disappoints!MartyVIPDined on 11/15/2014This is a perfect restaurant. There are some fabulous tables. On a nice day, lunch by the open windows -- or a chilly enening or afternoon, across from t he fire. One can't awlays get the best table. But, the food is always the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful every step of the way!FortheloveofitDined on 11/14/2014Fantastic food, top-notch service. Fantastic experience with this gem of a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatieBreenVIPDined on 11/13/2014Great business lunch! was recommended by one of my clients and really enjoyed it. we shared a bunch of apps and they were awsome. lovedddd the greeek salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in the PeninsulaMiltonVIPDined on 11/12/2014Evvia has fantastic food. Everything is great but our favorite dishes are the branzino (fish) and the lamb chops. As starters, I always have the octopus and the lamb meatballs. The ambiance and the service are also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant on the SF Peninsula!halfdomeVIPDined on 11/12/2014Have never had a disappointing experience at Evvia. We love going here when we can get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good food, warm atmosphereLoveofqualityDined on 11/10/2014What a pleasant, warm restaurant for a great evening. The menu gives you many choices that satisfy all; the waiter selected perfect wine for the meal; and the feeling of the place is warm and cozy. While salmon is not one of the star entrees, it was great, and we enjoyed the zucchini fritters as a start. My son raved about his goat stew special. Surprisingly, the desserts were well worth trying - pistachio ice cream with its accompaniment was delicious, and we're not a dessert family. All agreed that we will meet there again when we're back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, better for dinnerJNFoodieDined on 11/10/2014I've been here for dinner, which was amazing. But lunch isn't as great. It's standard Greek food that you can get anywhere, but plated fancy. The service is fine, but not the friendliest.Special Features:
- Lamb chops were fantasticanirvanDined on 11/9/2014Went with a friend on a Sunday evening, place was packed. The lamb chops were impeccably seasoned and came out a perfect, tender medium rare.Special Features:
- I always love EvviammtastyDined on 11/7/2014It's a great, warm restaurant with delicious food. The grilled whole fish and lamb that we had this time were very good; I also really enjoyed the Pinot Noir that our waiter recommended. No matter what, Evvia feels cozy and welcoming and will give you a delicious meal - grab your sweetheart and make it a date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palo Alto favorite hot spotC141FLYERDined on 11/3/2014Charming and classic greek restaurant. A must if anywhere near. Service top notch. Great menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfuloaklandDined on 11/2/2014We had three appetizers, two main courses, and two desserts. One of the entres was not even good (ravioli). The rest were completely outstanding.Special Features:
- Firday LunchLikesfoodDined on 10/31/2014Evvia delightful as usual: the crowd lively, the food well prepared and the atmosphere warm and welcoming. The fish, greens and amazing yogurt with honey and dates, great way to end the week and welcome the weekend! Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!GTGeorgeVIPDined on 10/30/2014My opinion, one of the best restaurants in the Bay Area, and only five miles from home. Can't beat that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceFritzDined on 10/26/2014We dined here for our anniversary celebration and made reservations. They gave us a nice table that's a bit private as requested. Food was excellent, we had the branzino and moussaka. Service was excellent and Gina our server was very attentive. To top it all, they gave us a complimentary dessert for our anniversary. Will definitely go back again and would highly recommend this to friends. Make a reservation though as they were very busy evennon a Sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerKabobDined on 10/22/2014For our last special occasion we went to Boulevard in SF and were so disappointed with their food that we vowed that we would never go back. Their ambiance and service was good but the food was terrible. We chose Evvia To celebrate our anniversary. We were impressed with the ambiance, service and everything we ordered from out appetizers to the desert was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/20/2014Always excellent food but also always on the noisy side.Special Features:
- Menu and service rocks!GoodeatzDined on 10/19/2014Everything on the menu is both unique and appealing. The waiters/waitresses are quick to take your order while also not making you feel rushed. They are also very knowledgeable of the menu and give lovely/fitting recommendations. They have never steered me wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Friendly, courteous staff, superb lamb riblets and chopsSpecial Features:
- Greek cuisine at its besthappypatronDined on 10/16/2014Dined here for a weekday lunch, with reservations. We were greeted warmly at the door and seated shortly.Our waitress, Anthy, was very knowledgeable about the menu and attentive throughout the meal. My chicken souvlaki was superb and my friend said her lamb sandwich was very tasty. We ordered Galatoboureko desserts (custard filled fillo rolls) and Greek Coffee. The galatoboureko rolls were baked just before serving which allowed them to remain crisp with just the right amount of honey drizzled atop. The Greek coffee was prepared within view, in a traditional breeki on a bed of hot sand. Served in small demitasse cup, it was wonderful. If you are out anywhere near Palo Alto and want a unique eating experience, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- ChrisDined on 10/16/2014Very authentic and well prepared. Didn't over sauce everything and let the natural flavors of the wood burning fire bring out the best in the food. I live on the East Coast, but if I am ever back in the Bay Area, I will make a point to return.Special Features:
- Special eveningHappy2Dined on 10/15/2014Evvia takes the time to to make your dining experience effortless. Friendly good service, not too intrusive. Food is all exceptional and unusual. Wonderful for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/11/2014We go to Evvia usually for lunch and love their dishes. So, when we went for dinner this time, intestinally tried ones on the dinner menu - rib eye steak and halibut. The halibut was good, but the steak was a big disappointment. The service was good.
- DeliciousBgswm1VIPDined on 10/10/2014The meal and service is always full of flavor, freshness, and smiles. I always look forward to a meal at Evvia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!!JohnEDined on 10/10/2014Panos Gogonas, the General Manager and Partner is the perfect host. The food was fantastic. I had the Salmon - grilled wild salmon with lemon potato puree & tomato ouzo sauce. My guest had the Lamb Chops - rib-cut, mesquite-grilled lamb chops with olive oil roasted potatoes. This was my first visit. Looking forward returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Not for College studentsGoldmantisDined on 10/7/2014The food here was fantastic, the zucchini falafel type dish with mint lemon yogurt sauce was one of the best tasting dishes I have ever had. Baklava with ice cream was also phenomenal. The prices were fairly outrageous but I guess you can charge whatever you want if it tastes that good. Looking for mediterranean in Palo Alto I would still send you to Oren's, best hummus around hands down and 1/3 the price of a meal. That being said, Evvia has a much more conducive atmosphere for an anniversary dinner and the wine list is really extensive. So undergrads, walk down the street, unless you really really really like your date.Special Features:
- Great Lamb, Great DessertJieGhostDined on 10/2/2014Lamb chops is awesome. We tried another lamb appetizer which is also very very tasty. Pistachio ice cream and rice pudding are among the best dessert I have ever had. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food/service, large portionsFoodieVIPDined on 9/30/2014My husband and I had dinner on a Tuesday nite at Evvia. Our waiter was helpful and attentive without being overbearing. We enjoyed an octopus appertizer and two lamb entrees. The portions were very large and, in retrospect, we could easily shared an entree. Evvia is one of our favorite places to go in Palo Alto.Special Features:
- Lunch at EvviaARabbaniDined on 9/30/2014Amazing food!! What a gem!!! I recently moved to the bay area and this is by far my favorite restaurant in Palo AltoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAB!!!KAMareeVIPDined on 9/30/2014Love this place! We did small plates for lunch. The lamb riblets were just fall-off-the-bone tender and perfectly flavored. The serving was so generous, I took some home (and this was an appetizer). We split a pan of roasted padron peppers. A don't miss item and be forewarned. They range in intensity from bell pepper sweet to the far side of jalapeno hot. But worth the heat. On a lark we ordered dolmas and were blown away. Warm and olive oily and packed with flavor. I am usually so disappointed with dolmas. These were perfect. I had a lovely salad, but was so enchanted with the lamb and dolmas I don't remember much of it except it was excellent. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Just perfect!AnnaDined on 9/28/2014The best Greek restaurant I've ever tried... everything was outstanding, just perfect!!! I enjoyed the atmosphere but above all the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food (especially appetizers!)DebbieDined on 9/24/2014Very good food and service, I will go back again. However, I was spending one night with an out of town family member and my husband, and the noise level is too high if you really want to be able to have a conversation and catch up.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceHunterGathererDined on 9/24/2014My wife and I had an enjoyable dinner dining on Greek specialties done right. Evvia excelled at all the Greek mainstays including avgolemono soup, great dolmades, lamb souvlaki, and of course a nice selection of Ouzo and Mythos to wash it down with. The galaktaborika was expertly paired with pistachio ice cream.Special Features:
- Great for foodiesPeterKDined on 9/22/2014As always the food, service and experience was wonderful. Even though we were the last diners there they never hurried us. Thanks again for a great lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.