350 3rd Street
Cambridge, MA 02142Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.evoorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6176613866
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 2:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter McCarthy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have three private dining rooms that can accomodate a variety of party sizes up 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Colleen McCarthy 6176613866
- Cross Street: Broadway
- Public Transit: Red Line - Kendall Square
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available at at reduced rate after 4:00 pm in the Kendall Square South Garage located in our building. To be eligible for the reduced rate, please see the host to have your ticked validated. Street parkings is also available (meters until 6:00 pm).
A word from EVOO
EVOO, an acronym for extra virgin olive oil, serves eclectic, New American cuisine. We were named best Eclectic restaurant in Boston in the 2011/2012, 2009/2010 and 2007/2008 Zagat Guides! We use as many local ingredients as possible, and change items on our "Home Grown" menu daily. Produce from Verrill Farms, Eva’s Garden, Angelini Farm and various local farmers’ markets, livestock from Lovejoy Brook Farm and clams from Pat Woodbury are frequently on our menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
EVOO reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)great for outdoor dining (48)neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (33)great for lunch (26)special occasion (25)romantic (12)notable wine list (11)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- A front line winner!SabrosoDined on 9/28/2014We had dinner at three very good restaurants during our recent visit to Cambridge. Evoo is my favorite. -Delicious farm fresh food extremely well presented and carefully prepared. - A simple, unpretentious setting and wonderful service from a capable and highly professional wait-staff. Who could ask for more? Will certainly be retuning to Evoo!Special Features:
- Great dinnerLMF101Dined on 9/17/2014Took a friend out for her birthday and we had a great dinner at EVOO. The service was wonderful, the ambiance was nice and the food was interesting and delicious, with wonderful combinations of flavors and ingredients. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- A great find, tucked awayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014A wonderful restaurant, tucked away just outside Kendall Sq. If it is on the menu, try the Rabbit Confit salad. It was delicious. Wonderful service. Would definitely recommend giving it a try.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationBirthday4FoodiesDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I went to EVOO with my siblings and their spouses (10 people) for our annual birthday dinner. We go out to have a wonderful time, drink great wine and eat excellent food. We have been to some great restaurants in Boston and Cambridge for past birthday celebrations so we had high expectations. EVOO met all of them. The staff was really friendly. It was also nice to spend the evening in Kendall Square. Try it. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delicious meal at EVOOPAS2539VIPDined on 9/12/2014This is our "go to" restaurant for a weekend night. We were last there on Friday evening, 9/12. First let me tell you about their martinis---fantastic! The wine menu is very good--perfect for us since my husband likes a dry white- pino grigio and I a dry red- malbec. We shared the beef tartar appetizer which was just right. My husband had the rabbit confit for an entree and I the Chinese box. Both were excellent (the confit was small and the box gigantic, so the combination was perfect for the two of us---with left-overs). The parking is easy with a nice discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with friendsmealdocDined on 9/6/2014had a good meal and food was very enjoyable. Waiter and assisting staff were very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Bland - not the normOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014I love EVOO for their creative dishes and bold flavors. They feature small game like duck and rabbit quite often, which I love. Perhaps because it was Restaurant Week, this menu's rabbit item wasn't quite so bold or even delicious. The meat was bland and a little over cooked. The sauces and the bean salad it came from tasted like a generic Mexican salsa. Basically it seemed like something I could make at home and I'm not that great of a cook. The sorbet with blackberries was great. At least it ended on a good note.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchStephenVIPDined on 8/28/2014A lovely lunch for two. The food was fresh and beautifully prepared. Our waiter, Ivo, was superb. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014We went during Dine Out Boston, and the food was great, but it definitely isn't a place we would go to often because of the menu prices. It's a nice place for something special though.Special Features:
- Rye Fettucini - A Keeper!Birchie7Dined on 8/23/2014Rye Fettucini is a real surprise (not too strong) and delicious find. Peach & blueberry crisp (baked to order) with sour-cream ice cream is just the right combo of sweet, tangy, creamy & crisp. Music Volume: Especially the percussion-heavy selections interfered with our conversation and induced us to gobble our dinners instead of savoring them. At our request, our server willingly turned down the volume in our space, where they seated us because it was the quietest. I believe that the restaurants play fast, loud music to encourage people to eat quickly (faster table turn-over) and drink a lot (bigger profits).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EVOO never disappointsTFCambridgeDined on 8/22/2014I always take advantage of Restaurant Week to introduce friends to EVOO. I had the Chinese Box, which is awesome, and my friend had a chicken sausage entree that was delicious and substantial. I've always found EVOO very consistent. The waitstaff performance was a little spotty, but they may have brought on extra staff for Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseBobbyCDined on 8/21/2014Me and my colleague were in Boston for the week long business trip to the US from Hong Kong. We stayed at the Marriott Hotel nearby and decided to find a place close by for dinner. We literally stumbled across Evoo and it was indeed a very pleasant surprise. The food was well prepared with just the right amount of sophistication without being pretentious. The atmosphere was relaxed and comfortable. The Toasted Almond Brown Butter Cake, served warmed, was out of this world! I asked them for the recipe, not expecting them to say yes, but they gave it to me with no hesitation. A hand written original too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovegoodfoodDined on 8/18/2014It was our second visit to the restaurant; we absolutely liked our first one better. This time, it was restaurant week and the menu was significantly less interesting. Last time I could not choose because there were too many things I wanted, this time- i really could not find anything I wanted. I got Chinese Box and it was good.Special Features:
- MehFoxgloveDined on 8/13/2014The food was great, but there were some glitches. Our rabbit confit salads arrived without the rabbit. The server wasn't in sight, but someone finally realized the mistake, and 20 minutes later, after the salads were eaten, he brought 2 tiny bowls of meat and one extra salad. The salad was amazing, with the rabbit and without, but it would have been nice to get the rabbit with the salads. There was a LONG wait for our entrees, 45 minutes at least. It was a Wednesday night; the restaurant was not busy, so maybe problems in the kitchen (the rabbit-less rabbit confit was a clue). Finally, we got our dessert menus, wanted to order but did not, because the waiter did not come back to take the dessert order for at least 25-30 minutes. WTF?
- Wonderful outdoor dinner experienceSteveVIPDined on 8/9/2014Sat outside on EVOO patio seating and had a wonderful Cambridge experience. The food was excellent, the service outstanding. First time sitting outside and it was so good that we'll plan our next EVOO dinner around the weather.Special Features:
- A pleasant nightslg146VIPDined on 8/8/2014We had a very enjoyable meal, and I'll go back. We ate outside on a gorgeous night. Service was very good. Food was mixed, but on balance, good. The chips in the chip and dip are great - actually perfect, but the cheese dip is not interesting and oddly textured. The rabbit confit with greens was very good. Everything on my fried eggplant plate was well prepared, but the ingredients didn't complement each other and it was a little bland. My companions liked the duck confit sliders and the dark chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodMVJ123Dined on 8/8/2014Just a really good place. I would recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We live close and go all the timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014We live two minutes away and go to EVOO all the time. The food is very nice but nothing I'd particularly seek out. We particularly like the roasted chicken dish, the sides change seasonally. I do not recommend the Chinese box entree...it's usually way too saucy and salty.
- Desserts were a hitKangaDined on 7/23/2014Friendly staff and good food! Loved my fried zucchini. A small mixup with the reservation was quickly remedied and sitting outside in a comfy chair with a glass of wine was not a bad way to pass the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great concept, but just "good"swfoodieDined on 7/22/2014Love the concept of this place - farm to table, locally sourced food, so I was excited to try it. I sadly have to say I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong -- the food was not bad at all, I just was kind of underwhelmed. Entrees were good, but nobody at our table was particularly 'wowed'. Dessert was delicious however, and the service was fantastic! Overall, I would say, good place if you are really trying to stick with locally sourced food, but don't expect to get blown away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperianceelawsDined on 7/10/2014We each had the 7 course food/wine parings. This is one of my favorite places in Boston to trust the Chef to give you an amazing experience.Special Features:
- Great Food!NewcomerVIPDined on 7/9/2014We were looking for a place in Kendall Square to meet our son for dinner. We found Evoo on OpenTable, asked our son, who said his company had used them for lunch and the food was very good. We decided to try it. The food was extremely good. There were four of us and whatever we all ate was delicious. The service was extremely slow however. Our waiter was a nice guy, but it took forever to get our food, our desert, our check. If you're not in a hurry, the food is well worth the trip.Special Features:
- BearVIPDined on 7/3/2014We have been there for the Christmas holidays and July 4. Consistently great food and terrific service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- capellaDined on 7/1/2014EVOO is informal and has locally sourced seasonal items: fiddleheads, asparagus, radishes, rhubarb... and a welcome addition is the half size of their famous 'box'... with greens, shrimp, brown rice and hoisin beef, as well as half sizes of many entrees. The outside is atrractive but can be a wind tunnel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- farewell dinnerGBearVIPDined on 6/29/2014My husband and I and 10 of our closest friends dined with EVOO before our relocation out of MA. I made reservations on Open Table initially for a smaller group, but kept adding people to our party as the group got bigger. EVOO accommodated all our needs, even let us have our own private room. Our wait staff were fabulous and tended to all our needs. The food was exceptionally prepared and our friends all commented on how great it was. They even accommodated us with separate checks for each of the 5 parties. Had a great time and will come back when we are in the area. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menu - nice outdoor seatingChrispieDined on 6/23/2014Had a nice lunch on a beautiful weekday afternoon. No crowds/lines/waiting - but it wasn't due to this restaurant. Food choices were interesting and tasty. I'll go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NlaveDined on 6/21/2014A taste bud adventure. Everything was full of flavor and fun! The lamb sliders were beyond expectations with a sensational blend of spices. The french fries always perfectly seasoned and tasty. I was overjoyed to see fiddlehead ferns! And desert, is not to be missed! Everything was great. The service was quick and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what we expected...mcs2kDined on 6/20/2014starting from our drinks, we came expecting inventive food and got very strange, unbalanced, and often frankly gross dishes. ordered a drink that was bacon-infused Maker's Mark with maple syrup (sounded interesting!) and it tasted like a cup of syrup. my wife had a drink with cilantro in it that should have been strained out. a spaghetti dish in which noodles resembling ramen were swimming in a goopy "mushroom" sauce with undercooked peas had looked great on the menu but came out weird. lamb sliders had the consistency of undercooked falafel. i could go on, but it's not worth my time. laughably terrible, especially considering the price point. our service was fine (it's not her fault the kitchen was god-awful). amateurish decor. just don't.
- Love it!BMcCDined on 6/18/2014The food is fresh, clean and served quickly - great spot for lunch. The servers are always very pleasant, and engaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/14/2014Was just as great as last time....would recommend Evoo to everyone...Special Features:
- barbVIPDined on 6/10/2014Been many times but haven't been to the new location. Very disappointed. There must be a new chef and perhaps a new owner? The menu wasn't terribly appealing to any of our party of 4; the waiter we had initially was unfriendly and lackluster; (for instance, I asked him what was in the pig skin risotto and he said, "Just some pig skin and some herbs"); food was delivered as it was ready but various members of the wait staff never knew who was getting what; we asked for larger plates to split a few dishes and were brought some rectangular small plates and then a few rectangular plates that were a little larger and never the larger round size we wanted. It was almost a joke…….We will not be back!
- A great mealLouisDined on 6/7/2014I had a wonderfull dinner with my family. A great tasting expérience!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerCharles5Dined on 6/6/2014I dined here with a group of 4 this past Friday and the food was terrific. Highly recommend the Chinese Box. The dish comes out with a Chinese take out box on the top and then the waiter reveals what is underneath. The shrimp and beef in this dish are very tasty. Two size portions to choose from so you won't go home starving. The service was excellent, not one complaint. The noise is a little loud for some conversations but not enough to turn me off from this place.Special Features:
- Un EvoodisappointedDined on 6/4/2014soft shell crabs were deep fried in a much too dense batter that obscured the taste of the crab and turned soft shell into brittle hard shell; the wait staff was very pleasant but it took far too long for the wine to be served while the rock hard, deep fried crabs came on the heels of the wind. We did not even have time to enjoy a nice glass of wine before dinner was there. Poor spacing of service. at the end, I gave them my parking ticket for validation. They returned it to me but when I had walked over to the parking garage I found out they had not in fact validated it and I had to pay full price for the parking. It was like adding insult to injury. I have been to Evoo several times over the years. I will not be rushing back there.
- The following 1760 reviews are from the EVOO reviews archive.
- Just right.Birchie7Dined on 6/3/2014Not too chi-chi or too many ingredients. Delectable food. Pleasant atmosphere. My companion, who has a discriminating palate, rated her lunch salad as the best she's ever had.Special Features:
- fun menupkmac100Dined on 5/30/2014The menu had nice selection of unique meals. The presentation of the meals was also well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedDined on 5/28/2014Excellent food but restaurant is noisy. The service is very good and it is a good choice for a groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints.WatermapVIPDined on 5/23/2014Excellent food and great staff. Perfect for a leisurely lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is the Tartare?ChuckVIPDined on 5/22/2014Please bring back this Small dish. One of your best offerings ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good!DanthemanDined on 5/17/2014Good meal, nice staff. I liked watching the open kitchen.Special Features: