350 3rd Street
Cambridge, MA 02142Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.evoorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (617) 661-3866
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 2:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter McCarthy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have three private dining rooms that can accomodate a variety of party sizes up 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Colleen McCarthy 6176613866
- Cross Street: Broadway
- Public Transit: Red Line - Kendall Square
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available at at reduced rate after 4:00 pm in the Kendall Square South Garage located in our building. To be eligible for the reduced rate, please see the host to have your ticked validated. Street parkings is also available (meters until 6:00 pm).
A word from EVOO
EVOO, an acronym for extra virgin olive oil, serves eclectic, New American cuisine. We were named best Eclectic restaurant in Boston in the 2011/2012, 2009/2010 and 2007/2008 Zagat Guides! We use as many local ingredients as possible, and change items on our "Home Grown" menu daily. Produce from Verrill Farms, Eva’s Garden, Angelini Farm and various local farmers’ markets, livestock from Lovejoy Brook Farm and clams from Pat Woodbury are frequently on our menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
EVOO reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)great for outdoor dining (38)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (34)special occasion (33)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (12)romantic (11)hot spot (7)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Unusual but not really good.XanaduDined on 11/14/2014The steak tartar was flavored like a McDonald's burger. The arctic char had too many things going on. It's as if they are trying so hard to be original but they can't quite pull it off.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Great dinner, great service Really enjoyable!! The food was wonderful from arugula salad to tenderlion!! Dessert was beyond!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2014Needed a place near kendall for a business lunch. This worked but did have slightly loud background music. Otherwise all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locally-sourced excellenceEnjoyAGoodMealDined on 11/1/2014We'd read a suggestion that the move from Somerville had lowered the quality. Not at all. We started with an unusual, wickedly creative drink, then were impressed by the prominent listing of local quality food providers. That was trumped by the quality of the preparation. The corn bisque, corn pudding side, and the confit salad were especially memorable, as was the rabbit ragu. Our waitress gave us tastes of possible wines and helped us select excellent pairings. We will return!Special Features:
- Luv2dineDined on 10/27/2014Little bit high on salt in all dishes, otherwise good qualitySpecial Features:
- Too long of a wait for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We were a large table (8 people) who had a hard time flagging down our waiter to order and then after ordering waited a LONG time for our food, which just wasn't as good as I expected. Our reservation was for 7:30 and we probably got our food at 9:15 (I know because I complained to the hostess at 9:10). Another table of eight received their food much more quickly. The hostess and a waitress asked when we had ordered and if we had ordered appetizers (we ordered ONE order of olives and pecans, not exactly a splurge or reason to slow down the entrees). On the plus side, there was really a generous amount of space--I didn't feel crammed in, and it was quiet enough to hear everyone at the table.
- Dependably unusual2happydinersDined on 10/24/2014We make sure get to Evoo frequently enough to see what is new on the menu. The combinations are always surprising and really good. Evoo is very receptive to dietary requests, too.Special Features:
- Great food in CambridgebarbaraDined on 10/24/2014Unique, delicious food, from the flavored oil that came with the bread, to dessert, and everything in between. Especially loved the Chinese box. Server was highly professional, competent and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a missbrowndogreviewsVIPDined on 10/22/2014went on a weeknight with a large party - seated on time - while I recognize that we were a large party and the weather was bad, the service was glacial - 3.5 hours for dinner! And, our server had NO personality. Also, should have looked closer at the menu online - thougth I could order from "Za - probably just a bad night for the restaurant but would not go back despite several strong recommendations.
- hase12Dined on 10/19/2014the quality of the food lags way behind the "stylish" ways in which it is branded. big disappointment. first EVOO at hampshire street was way better. alas, i don't understand why the even picked the same name....
- Luv2dineDined on 10/18/2014Table sizes are small to accommodate the food which is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodsfbornDined on 10/18/2014Really great food, and something that hit the spot for diners aged 20 to 50. Service a little spotty though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InventiveFoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2014They have some interesting choices and I like that they vary the menu based on what is locally available in the season. I thought the brussel sprouts were a bit bland with a pumpkin puree and no spices on the sprouts. Maybe my palat is changed by all the spicy food I eat in Texas. I also had the chicken breast which was good and moist. I think the grits missed my plate though. I could not identify them. On the other hand, the service was wonderful. Our wait staff was informative and friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Family DinnerfoodieforfunDined on 10/10/2014We were a party of five and it seemed to be an event night for lots of people. Our waiter was very attentive and the food was local and delicious. My only negative is the prices are a bit high.Special Features:
- Always qualityConnySurDined on 10/8/2014This is one of my go-to places for a nice dinner or lunch to celebrate events. The staff are friendly and courteous, service is always good, and the changing menu is creative and tasty. Keep up the excellent work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fareEyes24VIPDined on 10/1/2014Really enjoyed weekday lunch here. Good variety, excellent service, great touch by the chef. Recommend highly.Special Features:
- A front line winner!SabrosoDined on 9/28/2014We had dinner at three very good restaurants during our recent visit to Cambridge. Evoo is my favorite. -Delicious farm fresh food extremely well presented and carefully prepared. - A simple, unpretentious setting and wonderful service from a capable and highly professional wait-staff. Who could ask for more? Will certainly be retuning to Evoo!Special Features:
- Great dinnerLMF101Dined on 9/17/2014Took a friend out for her birthday and we had a great dinner at EVOO. The service was wonderful, the ambiance was nice and the food was interesting and delicious, with wonderful combinations of flavors and ingredients. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- A great find, tucked awayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014A wonderful restaurant, tucked away just outside Kendall Sq. If it is on the menu, try the Rabbit Confit salad. It was delicious. Wonderful service. Would definitely recommend giving it a try.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationBirthday4FoodiesDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I went to EVOO with my siblings and their spouses (10 people) for our annual birthday dinner. We go out to have a wonderful time, drink great wine and eat excellent food. We have been to some great restaurants in Boston and Cambridge for past birthday celebrations so we had high expectations. EVOO met all of them. The staff was really friendly. It was also nice to spend the evening in Kendall Square. Try it. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delicious meal at EVOOPAS2539VIPDined on 9/12/2014This is our "go to" restaurant for a weekend night. We were last there on Friday evening, 9/12. First let me tell you about their martinis---fantastic! The wine menu is very good--perfect for us since my husband likes a dry white- pino grigio and I a dry red- malbec. We shared the beef tartar appetizer which was just right. My husband had the rabbit confit for an entree and I the Chinese box. Both were excellent (the confit was small and the box gigantic, so the combination was perfect for the two of us---with left-overs). The parking is easy with a nice discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with friendsmealdocDined on 9/6/2014had a good meal and food was very enjoyable. Waiter and assisting staff were very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Bland - not the normOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014I love EVOO for their creative dishes and bold flavors. They feature small game like duck and rabbit quite often, which I love. Perhaps because it was Restaurant Week, this menu's rabbit item wasn't quite so bold or even delicious. The meat was bland and a little over cooked. The sauces and the bean salad it came from tasted like a generic Mexican salsa. Basically it seemed like something I could make at home and I'm not that great of a cook. The sorbet with blackberries was great. At least it ended on a good note.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchStephenVIPDined on 8/28/2014A lovely lunch for two. The food was fresh and beautifully prepared. Our waiter, Ivo, was superb. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014We went during Dine Out Boston, and the food was great, but it definitely isn't a place we would go to often because of the menu prices. It's a nice place for something special though.Special Features:
- Rye Fettucini - A Keeper!Birchie7Dined on 8/23/2014Rye Fettucini is a real surprise (not too strong) and delicious find. Peach & blueberry crisp (baked to order) with sour-cream ice cream is just the right combo of sweet, tangy, creamy & crisp. Music Volume: Especially the percussion-heavy selections interfered with our conversation and induced us to gobble our dinners instead of savoring them. At our request, our server willingly turned down the volume in our space, where they seated us because it was the quietest. I believe that the restaurants play fast, loud music to encourage people to eat quickly (faster table turn-over) and drink a lot (bigger profits).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EVOO never disappointsTFCambridgeDined on 8/22/2014I always take advantage of Restaurant Week to introduce friends to EVOO. I had the Chinese Box, which is awesome, and my friend had a chicken sausage entree that was delicious and substantial. I've always found EVOO very consistent. The waitstaff performance was a little spotty, but they may have brought on extra staff for Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseBobbyCDined on 8/21/2014Me and my colleague were in Boston for the week long business trip to the US from Hong Kong. We stayed at the Marriott Hotel nearby and decided to find a place close by for dinner. We literally stumbled across Evoo and it was indeed a very pleasant surprise. The food was well prepared with just the right amount of sophistication without being pretentious. The atmosphere was relaxed and comfortable. The Toasted Almond Brown Butter Cake, served warmed, was out of this world! I asked them for the recipe, not expecting them to say yes, but they gave it to me with no hesitation. A hand written original too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovegoodfoodDined on 8/18/2014It was our second visit to the restaurant; we absolutely liked our first one better. This time, it was restaurant week and the menu was significantly less interesting. Last time I could not choose because there were too many things I wanted, this time- i really could not find anything I wanted. I got Chinese Box and it was good.Special Features:
- MehFoxgloveDined on 8/13/2014The food was great, but there were some glitches. Our rabbit confit salads arrived without the rabbit. The server wasn't in sight, but someone finally realized the mistake, and 20 minutes later, after the salads were eaten, he brought 2 tiny bowls of meat and one extra salad. The salad was amazing, with the rabbit and without, but it would have been nice to get the rabbit with the salads. There was a LONG wait for our entrees, 45 minutes at least. It was a Wednesday night; the restaurant was not busy, so maybe problems in the kitchen (the rabbit-less rabbit confit was a clue). Finally, we got our dessert menus, wanted to order but did not, because the waiter did not come back to take the dessert order for at least 25-30 minutes. WTF?
- Wonderful outdoor dinner experienceSteveVIPDined on 8/9/2014Sat outside on EVOO patio seating and had a wonderful Cambridge experience. The food was excellent, the service outstanding. First time sitting outside and it was so good that we'll plan our next EVOO dinner around the weather.Special Features:
- A pleasant nightslg146VIPDined on 8/8/2014We had a very enjoyable meal, and I'll go back. We ate outside on a gorgeous night. Service was very good. Food was mixed, but on balance, good. The chips in the chip and dip are great - actually perfect, but the cheese dip is not interesting and oddly textured. The rabbit confit with greens was very good. Everything on my fried eggplant plate was well prepared, but the ingredients didn't complement each other and it was a little bland. My companions liked the duck confit sliders and the dark chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodMVJ123Dined on 8/8/2014Just a really good place. I would recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale/SaltyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Upscale restaurant with creatively decorated food. The chef needs to develop some more recipies rather than resorting to salt for taste.Special Features:
- We live close and go all the timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014We live two minutes away and go to EVOO all the time. The food is very nice but nothing I'd particularly seek out. We particularly like the roasted chicken dish, the sides change seasonally. I do not recommend the Chinese box entree...it's usually way too saucy and salty.
- Desserts were a hitKangaDined on 7/23/2014Friendly staff and good food! Loved my fried zucchini. A small mixup with the reservation was quickly remedied and sitting outside in a comfy chair with a glass of wine was not a bad way to pass the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1775 reviews are from the EVOO reviews archive.
- Great concept, but just "good"swfoodieDined on 7/22/2014Love the concept of this place - farm to table, locally sourced food, so I was excited to try it. I sadly have to say I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong -- the food was not bad at all, I just was kind of underwhelmed. Entrees were good, but nobody at our table was particularly 'wowed'. Dessert was delicious however, and the service was fantastic! Overall, I would say, good place if you are really trying to stick with locally sourced food, but don't expect to get blown away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperianceelawsDined on 7/10/2014We each had the 7 course food/wine parings. This is one of my favorite places in Boston to trust the Chef to give you an amazing experience.Special Features:
- Great Food!NewcomerVIPDined on 7/9/2014We were looking for a place in Kendall Square to meet our son for dinner. We found Evoo on OpenTable, asked our son, who said his company had used them for lunch and the food was very good. We decided to try it. The food was extremely good. There were four of us and whatever we all ate was delicious. The service was extremely slow however. Our waiter was a nice guy, but it took forever to get our food, our desert, our check. If you're not in a hurry, the food is well worth the trip.Special Features:
- BearVIPDined on 7/3/2014We have been there for the Christmas holidays and July 4. Consistently great food and terrific service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.