350 3rd Street
Cambridge, MA 02142Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.evoorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6176613866
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 2:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter McCarthy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have three private dining rooms that can accomodate a variety of party sizes up 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Colleen McCarthy 6176613866
- Cross Street: Broadway
- Public Transit: Red Line - Kendall Square
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available at at reduced rate after 4:00 pm in the Kendall Square South Garage located in our building. To be eligible for the reduced rate, please see the host to have your ticked validated. Street parkings is also available (meters until 6:00 pm).
A word from EVOO
EVOO, an acronym for extra virgin olive oil, serves eclectic, New American cuisine. We were named best Eclectic restaurant in Boston in the 2011/2012, 2009/2010 and 2007/2008 Zagat Guides! We use as many local ingredients as possible, and change items on our "Home Grown" menu daily. Produce from Verrill Farms, Eva’s Garden, Angelini Farm and various local farmers’ markets, livestock from Lovejoy Brook Farm and clams from Pat Woodbury are frequently on our menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
EVOO reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)great for outdoor dining (37)good for groups (36)neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (27)special occasion (22)romantic (12)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- lovegoodfoodDined on 8/18/2014It was our second visit to the restaurant; we absolutely liked our first one better. This time, it was restaurant week and the menu was significantly less interesting. Last time I could not choose because there were too many things I wanted, this time- i really could not find anything I wanted. I got Chinese Box and it was good.Special Features:
- MehFoxgloveDined on 8/13/2014The food was great, but there were some glitches. Our rabbit confit salads arrived without the rabbit. The server wasn't in sight, but someone finally realized the mistake, and 20 minutes later, after the salads were eaten, he brought 2 tiny bowls of meat and one extra salad. The salad was amazing, with the rabbit and without, but it would have been nice to get the rabbit with the salads. There was a LONG wait for our entrees, 45 minutes at least. It was a Wednesday night; the restaurant was not busy, so maybe problems in the kitchen (the rabbit-less rabbit confit was a clue). Finally, we got our dessert menus, wanted to order but did not, because the waiter did not come back to take the dessert order for at least 25-30 minutes. WTF?
- Wonderful outdoor dinner experienceSteveVIPDined on 8/9/2014Sat outside on EVOO patio seating and had a wonderful Cambridge experience. The food was excellent, the service outstanding. First time sitting outside and it was so good that we'll plan our next EVOO dinner around the weather.Special Features:
- A pleasant nightslg146VIPDined on 8/8/2014We had a very enjoyable meal, and I'll go back. We ate outside on a gorgeous night. Service was very good. Food was mixed, but on balance, good. The chips in the chip and dip are great - actually perfect, but the cheese dip is not interesting and oddly textured. The rabbit confit with greens was very good. Everything on my fried eggplant plate was well prepared, but the ingredients didn't complement each other and it was a little bland. My companions liked the duck confit sliders and the dark chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodMVJ123Dined on 8/8/2014Just a really good place. I would recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desserts were a hitKangaDined on 7/23/2014Friendly staff and good food! Loved my fried zucchini. A small mixup with the reservation was quickly remedied and sitting outside in a comfy chair with a glass of wine was not a bad way to pass the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great concept, but just "good"swfoodieDined on 7/22/2014Love the concept of this place - farm to table, locally sourced food, so I was excited to try it. I sadly have to say I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong -- the food was not bad at all, I just was kind of underwhelmed. Entrees were good, but nobody at our table was particularly 'wowed'. Dessert was delicious however, and the service was fantastic! Overall, I would say, good place if you are really trying to stick with locally sourced food, but don't expect to get blown away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperianceelawsDined on 7/10/2014We each had the 7 course food/wine parings. This is one of my favorite places in Boston to trust the Chef to give you an amazing experience.Special Features:
- Great Food!NewcomerVIPDined on 7/9/2014We were looking for a place in Kendall Square to meet our son for dinner. We found Evoo on OpenTable, asked our son, who said his company had used them for lunch and the food was very good. We decided to try it. The food was extremely good. There were four of us and whatever we all ate was delicious. The service was extremely slow however. Our waiter was a nice guy, but it took forever to get our food, our desert, our check. If you're not in a hurry, the food is well worth the trip.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/3/2014We have been there for the Christmas holidays and July 4. Consistently great food and terrific service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- capellaDined on 7/1/2014EVOO is informal and has locally sourced seasonal items: fiddleheads, asparagus, radishes, rhubarb... and a welcome addition is the half size of their famous 'box'... with greens, shrimp, brown rice and hoisin beef, as well as half sizes of many entrees. The outside is atrractive but can be a wind tunnel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- farewell dinnerGBearVIPDined on 6/29/2014My husband and I and 10 of our closest friends dined with EVOO before our relocation out of MA. I made reservations on Open Table initially for a smaller group, but kept adding people to our party as the group got bigger. EVOO accommodated all our needs, even let us have our own private room. Our wait staff were fabulous and tended to all our needs. The food was exceptionally prepared and our friends all commented on how great it was. They even accommodated us with separate checks for each of the 5 parties. Had a great time and will come back when we are in the area. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menu - nice outdoor seatingChrispieDined on 6/23/2014Had a nice lunch on a beautiful weekday afternoon. No crowds/lines/waiting - but it wasn't due to this restaurant. Food choices were interesting and tasty. I'll go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NlaveDined on 6/21/2014A taste bud adventure. Everything was full of flavor and fun! The lamb sliders were beyond expectations with a sensational blend of spices. The french fries always perfectly seasoned and tasty. I was overjoyed to see fiddlehead ferns! And desert, is not to be missed! Everything was great. The service was quick and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what we expected...mcs2kDined on 6/20/2014starting from our drinks, we came expecting inventive food and got very strange, unbalanced, and often frankly gross dishes. ordered a drink that was bacon-infused Maker's Mark with maple syrup (sounded interesting!) and it tasted like a cup of syrup. my wife had a drink with cilantro in it that should have been strained out. a spaghetti dish in which noodles resembling ramen were swimming in a goopy "mushroom" sauce with undercooked peas had looked great on the menu but came out weird. lamb sliders had the consistency of undercooked falafel. i could go on, but it's not worth my time. laughably terrible, especially considering the price point. our service was fine (it's not her fault the kitchen was god-awful). amateurish decor. just don't.
- Love it!BMcCDined on 6/18/2014The food is fresh, clean and served quickly - great spot for lunch. The servers are always very pleasant, and engaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/14/2014Was just as great as last time....would recommend Evoo to everyone...Special Features:
- barbVIPDined on 6/10/2014Been many times but haven't been to the new location. Very disappointed. There must be a new chef and perhaps a new owner? The menu wasn't terribly appealing to any of our party of 4; the waiter we had initially was unfriendly and lackluster; (for instance, I asked him what was in the pig skin risotto and he said, "Just some pig skin and some herbs"); food was delivered as it was ready but various members of the wait staff never knew who was getting what; we asked for larger plates to split a few dishes and were brought some rectangular small plates and then a few rectangular plates that were a little larger and never the larger round size we wanted. It was almost a joke…….We will not be back!
- A great mealLouisDined on 6/7/2014I had a wonderfull dinner with my family. A great tasting expérience!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerCharles5Dined on 6/6/2014I dined here with a group of 4 this past Friday and the food was terrific. Highly recommend the Chinese Box. The dish comes out with a Chinese take out box on the top and then the waiter reveals what is underneath. The shrimp and beef in this dish are very tasty. Two size portions to choose from so you won't go home starving. The service was excellent, not one complaint. The noise is a little loud for some conversations but not enough to turn me off from this place.Special Features:
- Un EvoodisappointedDined on 6/4/2014soft shell crabs were deep fried in a much too dense batter that obscured the taste of the crab and turned soft shell into brittle hard shell; the wait staff was very pleasant but it took far too long for the wine to be served while the rock hard, deep fried crabs came on the heels of the wind. We did not even have time to enjoy a nice glass of wine before dinner was there. Poor spacing of service. at the end, I gave them my parking ticket for validation. They returned it to me but when I had walked over to the parking garage I found out they had not in fact validated it and I had to pay full price for the parking. It was like adding insult to injury. I have been to Evoo several times over the years. I will not be rushing back there.
- Just right.Birchie7Dined on 6/3/2014Not too chi-chi or too many ingredients. Delectable food. Pleasant atmosphere. My companion, who has a discriminating palate, rated her lunch salad as the best she's ever had.Special Features:
- fun menupkmac100Dined on 5/30/2014The menu had nice selection of unique meals. The presentation of the meals was also well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedDined on 5/28/2014Excellent food but restaurant is noisy. The service is very good and it is a good choice for a groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints.WatermapVIPDined on 5/23/2014Excellent food and great staff. Perfect for a leisurely lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is the Tartare?ChuckVIPDined on 5/22/2014Please bring back this Small dish. One of your best offerings ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good!DanthemanDined on 5/17/2014Good meal, nice staff. I liked watching the open kitchen.Special Features:
- Avoid the 'Box'...OnbalanceVIPDined on 5/15/2014On balance a pleasurable dining experience- but avoid the 'Chinese Box' dish as the entree. Looks like a mess when it's dumped on your dish or like leftovers from the night before.
- Overall disappointingASL3Dined on 5/14/2014We went to dinner with friends who's eaten here before and recommended it. My husband and I had the Burratini with Cuke-Olive salad which was not the creamy, rich cheese expected and the accompanying flatbread was dry and uninteresting. Then three of us at the table ordered the "Chinese Box" and all three were disappointed. My shrimp on top of the square pile of layered food was overcooked and dry as was the Hoisin braised beef which sat atop the veggie-cashew slaw and bland brown rice. I left most of it on my plate. The wait staff was attentive and friendly and the noise level was fine for carrying on conversations. It's a very lively place.
- A first with fernsEditrixDined on 5/12/2014Everyone in our party really enjoyed at least one if their dishes, and they were very accommodating about specific requests. I also have always been a fan of the focus on local seasonal produce. I got to try fiddlehead ferns, and liked them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I made reservations at Evoo for Mother's Day Dinner. It had ranked high on Open Table and neither my brother or I had been there, so we decided to give it a shot. I loved the idea of fresh, local food, with a menu that changes daily. All three of us had delicious meals. The restaraunt was busy, but not too crazy and loud. It was a wonderful atmosphere for us to be able to talk. Our waiter was very friendly and gave a great recommendation on the Jamacian Jerk Chicken (IT WAS DELICIOUS!) Normally when I leave a delicious meal, I feel full and uncomfortable. This meal was so fresh and health, I felt wonderful when I left. I would definitely recommend EVOO to a friend.Special Features:
- MehlookingforagoodoneDined on 5/11/2014Restaurant came recommended and we had high hopes, but the menu choices were all a little too complex and did not appeal to each member of the family. When we asked if the chef could make something plainer for my picky eater, the waitress was hesitant and unhelpful. He ate french fries for dinner. The rest of us enjoyed but did not love our meals. I don't recommend this for families, perhaps date night is fine. The waitress was not particularly warm, knowledgeable or friendly....Special Features:
- CreativeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014EVOO serves very creative food. One of the better restaurants in Boston. There are high tables for two next to the kitchen if you're interested in watching the chefs. Service is very good and the parking very cheap.Special Features:
- Saturday night diningDeerfield2Dined on 5/10/2014We have dined at EVOO many times but lately, we think that the menu is limited. Only 5 main course choices... 2 fish(!), Jerk chicken, Steak, Vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingsorkyDined on 5/3/2014We enjoyed a magnificent dinner served well in a relatively quiet corner of the restaurant. It was a spectacular dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1746 reviews are from the EVOO reviews archive.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2014The food was delicious, and the menu had a variety of different options.Special Features:
- Interesting foodCallieDined on 4/12/2014We were seated at a booth, but with small, high chairs overlooking the open kitchen area. This proved a good place to sit: an entertaining view, not too noisy, intimate because the booths were for two. Food was very good - innovative ideas and preparations, but flavors could have been a little sharper.Special Features:
- Fresh and creative, a new favorite!BostondinerVIPDined on 4/5/2014Fabulous evening of excellent, creative food and drinks. Table overlooking open kitchen provided entertainment as well as education on the orchestration of fine dining. Fun and innovative cocktail list. We split a smoked fish terrine app and the spiced pecans and marinated olives and it was a great party of flavor with our cocktails. Husband loved the bacon infused bourbon! We both loved the excellent swordfish entrees, so full of flavor and fresh. Chocolate dessert was delicious, especially the center chocolate portion. Could have been warmed a bit more, but excellent quality chocolate.Special Features:
- EVOO in Kendall Square - 4/5/14CabbageDined on 4/5/2014Our party had a very pleasant dining experience at the EVOO location in Kendall Sq. The service was top notch, and the ambience/inner décor was easy on the eye and comfortable. Our appetizers were very good, especially the Chinese Box (recommend ordering the larger portion for your group). My beef tenderloin was excellent and was the highlight of the meal. Cooked to perfection! Overall it was a very good dining experience and I would recommend. One word of caution; a meal with appetizers, drinks, and dessert will run about $75-$80 a person (including tip).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliably good foodricewingsDined on 4/4/2014Evoo is a great choice for a night out, and I have not had trouble getting reservations a day or two ahead. The "Chinese Box" is my favorite item on the menu, a mix of beef, brown rice, shrimp, slaw, gingery and hoisin flavors, eleganty arranged and presented. The Arctic Char was also excellent the last time I was there. And don't miss the bread pudding dessert-- unexpectedly light and sweet, with a little toffee wedge.Special Features: