Evolution Public House
201 E. Vine Street
Salisbury, MD 21801Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Evolution Public House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.evolutioncraftbrewing.com/
- Phone: 4432602337x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Brewery
- Executive Chef: David Wells
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private space available. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Dennis Mogan 4432602337x
- Entertainment: Public House features nightly entertainment on the weekend!
A word from Evolution Public House
Evolution Craft Brewing-Co.--Public House is a New-American Gastropub located in the heart of Salisbury, Maryland. The restaurant"' menu changes seasonally, with a focus on fresh/local ingredients. Winner of Metropolitan Magazine's Best New Restaurant award, Public House's food and service matches the care, pride, and attention to detail that go into each and every hand-crafted Evolution beer. Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Evolution Public House - Best Restaurants in Salisbury ›
Evolution Public House reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (12)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great atmosphereFauxfoodieDined on 10/9/2014We had the specials Thai Mussels and the Burger of the Day. Both were excellent. The food is always good and the beer selection is the best on the shoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer Price can creep up quickbgalbertDined on 9/27/2014Well thought out flight offerings. We were seated right away and I was impressed with the ease of making reservations with open table (first time user) Service got a tad slow at parts but the place was busy, so....... (I never take that for an excuse) When we were waited on service was great, knowledgable. Top notch beer offerings. I reccomend flights over pints. Try more! Their burgers are amazing and it is some sort of sin to NOT get their bacon. It's THAT good. Next day I got a call from them to ask how everything was. That was good to see. We will be back.Special Features:
- Perfect for a lively groupFussyEaterDined on 9/27/2014Great place to go for a lively group. Good energy and fun atmosphere. We were seated promptly for our 7:15 reservation. Food options were good but certainly not the place for a vegan or veg. One fish option on the menu but two good daily specials (swordfish and tuna) mad dup for it. One vegan option - a veggie risotto was ordered by one of our party and rated well. Comfort food abounds with roast chicken , mashed potatoes and a plethora of fried options. Everything we ordered was well received by our group. Try the spicy deviled eggs for an appetizer. Really nice craft beer options, excellent cocktail list and passable wine list. By the time we left at 9:00PM the noise level was considerable. This is NOT a spot for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great food and beer service was excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OTreviewsDined on 8/30/2014We went there to celebrate my son's 23rd birthday. There were 10 of us! The staff was most attentive and the food was very good. Our waitress and the staff were quick to respond and most cordial. We were not rushed. I would recommend EVO as not only a night stop but for dinner with the family!Special Features:
- DeliciousJerm1970Dined on 8/16/2014After being saturated with all of the pizza and seafood places claiming to be the best in OC only to realize they could all be the same restaurant, it was a treat to find Evolution. Well worth the few minutes to Salisbury even if you're staying on the boardwalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great beer!Foodiemomof2Dined on 7/19/2014Out third time dining here. The third time was a charm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing beer, solid foodMidwesterneratheartDined on 7/12/2014The beer here was absolutely amazing; there were 10 in our party and we all really enjoyed our beverages. The food was solid - the pretzel appetizers were to-die-for and the burgers were good (not amazing). Would def recommend to anyone that likes great beer.Special Features:
- local pub feelbluetktDined on 7/3/2014The public house is our go to place for a great atmosphere. The beer selection is great and the menu had something for everyone. It is our favorite restaurant in SalisburySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evo CraftbreweryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014Craftbrewery with tasty food menu and numerous craft beers to choose from. They sell a sampler of four beersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good!AshleyNMJ83Dined on 7/1/2014First, we were here for lunch, and it was almost empty, so can't comment on late night. The main area is small but cozy and well-decorated. The food was really tasty, portions were a bit big. The options were surprisingly upscale; fancy deviled eggs and duck confit burger (we got both, they were great). My husband was slightly disappointed they put the coleslaw on the pulled pork sandwich instead of on the side. The beer is OK, but I got a signature cocktail after the meal that was amazing. The bartender/waitress was very knowledgeable and sweet. I'd say they exceeded expectations, but it wasn't the fanciest or the most comfortable. The restaurant has a rock parking lot and is right next to the train tracks, but definitely give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 13 reviews are from the Evolution Public House reviews archive.
- Best in SalisburyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014We love Evo. It's patio seating is very nice and the addition to the patio with the palm trees is a us. We have Fathers Day dinner and it was amazing !! I wod recommend this ace to anyone going thru or near rbeteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow servicecd56Dined on 5/22/2014Our food took more than an hour to come out of the kitchen. We had to ask for more water. After about 45 minutes, the waitress and a man (a manager?) came over and suggested we might want to order more drinks (not offered on the house). They seemed harried, but not especially apologetic. Sure, it was busy, but it was commencement day at the university; they should have expected to be busy. The beer was good and the food was okay (though I didn't get the charcuterie I ordered), but with service that slow we'd be unlikely to return.Special Features:
- EnjoyableCRogDined on 5/21/2014We were seated right away thanks to our open table reservation. The food is not fancy but tasted very good and cooked perfectly. My son had an excellent cheesburger and my Beef brisket was also excellent. They had probably 20 different locally brewed beers available. The service was somewhat slow since it was graduation at the University and the restaurant was packed. Overall this was a good experience and I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Slow Service/Outdated Online MenuLikeBeerPubsDined on 5/21/2014My reservations through OpenTable worked out really well and Evo's beer assortment is excellent. Unfortunately, the menu listed in OpenTable and on Evolution's website is out of date. I like to preplan my dining experience and the menu item I wanted was not offered nor was my second choice. Additionally, their food and beverage service was extremely slow. The waitress apologized on the drinks, she said the bartender was backed up. The manage approached us a couple of times to let us know our food was on the way. It took us about an hour to get our food and about 10 minutes per round of beer. It was not that busy, there were several tables open. My next visit to this establishment will be for their beer only.Special Features:
- laurVIPDined on 4/23/2014Can't beat the Wednesday lunch special but other menu items are good also. Service has excellent every time we've gone. Not a lot of tables for lunch so if you can make reservation I would do so just to make sure.
- AnInternetInventorVIPDined on 4/21/2014Great Pub atmosphere with way above average pub food. Has become a hot spot for both young and old. Make a reservation or you will wait a good while for a table. Excellent appetizers, small plates, and gourmet entrees. Complete list of EVO brews. Excellent raw oyster choices too. Music is somewhat too loud but the excellent food keeps us coming back.Special Features:
- Worth a try, but we won't be backMcGeeVIPDined on 4/20/2014Waitress seemed to know very little about the beer selections. Really? My first choice wine by the glass was unavailable. Then my second choice was unavailable too. We asked our server if I could have a glass of one of the wines typically sold by the bottle and she said 'No." We found this to be unsatisfactory customer service. We both had salads and found our dressings to be lacking in flavor.
- Brewpub Finddiner9VIPDined on 4/18/2014My wife and I gave this Salisbury brewpub a try on a recent trip to Maryland's Eastern Shore. A nice selection of craft beers and an interesting menu with a range of options. We especially enjoyed the cheese and meat plate (with an interesting assortment of treats).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencebaltfanVIPDined on 3/29/2014Our dinner at Evolution Public House was great. Our waiter was very attentive. The owner stopped at our table a few times to check on us. I had the clams from Virginia as a starter and a local flounder special-both were excellent. The lemonade cocktail was perfect too. This is a not a formal restaurant but I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was wantingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2014I made a reservation for 12. We were seated by the door. I asked for tables in the main dining room. The hostess said they weren't set up for it. We ordered dinner. The waiter came with a helper. When dinner arrived the dishes came out more or less one by one, and the help was nowhere to be seen. My mother, who the dinner was basically for, was served last. Everyone politely waited until she was served. The waiter apologized, and I don't blame him.Special Features:
- The Ribeye steak I orderedclassicjimDined on 2/8/2014The Ribeye steak I ordered was about 1/3 fat. I understand the beef will have marbling, but this was a very poor cut. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Great place for a dateumdaeroterpDined on 1/30/2014The food and staff are wonderful and I love the look of the place. If you like good food and good beer this is definitely a place to try. They also offer tours of the Brewery right next door if you are interested in learning about the brewing process.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013We eat here often. It's an awesome atmosphere and great food. They take local foods and add a twist. Unique food and unique drinks. You must check out the Johnny Bugers or the Burger of the day. EVO beer is great and I love the variety and seasonal offerings. They also have a a Menagerie series which have distinct bold flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.