4175 N Goldwater Blvd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.evoscottsdale.com/
- Phone: (480) 265-9814
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Jeff Caswell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our talented chefs are able to create a menu for any event.
- Entertainment: EVO has live acoustic every Sunday night performed by local artists. Sunday nights are also half off all bottles of wine!
A word from EVO
EVO is an Italian influenced restaurant lounge in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. We offer a light Italian menu which is complemented by our handmade pasta, pizza and dessert. EVO is a comfy and cozy place to relax and meet your friends or to make new friends!Continued
EVO has happy hour from 4-7pm daily with late night food served until 1:30am daily!
EVO has happy hour from 4-7pm daily with late night food served until 1:30am daily!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
EVO reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (15)romantic (12)special occasion (11)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Was ok, but service was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/17/2014I would say the service was quite good, and staff was super friendly and attentive. The pasta was cooked perfectly, and tasted quite fresh, but absolutely lacked any distinctive flavor (I mean almost any flavor actually). The scallops we ordered were way over seasoned, but cooked perfectly. (I think all I could taste was something salty in the pan they were fried in). The bruschetta which we ordered was not traditional, but I would say not our taste. It was more some version of a toast with a spread and some vegetables. It lacked any real distinct flavor, but presented quite well. (I think it was trying to get its flavor from some mayonnaise like spread over some bread). Not sure how this combination would have worked... Bottom line: Service was very good, quality of the food was OK, presentations were good. I'm not sure the meal approached memorable enough to return.
- Can't wait to go backBloomfieldFoodieVIPDined on 11/13/2014Our group of 9 had a wonderful evening at EVO, every dish was delicious , prices reasonable. We had a wonderful waitperson, and we also had a chance to meet the owner. We don't all live in Arizona, but those of us who do can't wait to dine at EVO again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and Tasty!Krissy3Dined on 10/25/2014Luck us, we were in time for happy hour. We had a party of 8! The waiters were super attentive and informative with our multitude of questions from the group. LOTS of diverse choices and unique dishes. The Kale salad with brussell sprouts was a crowd pleaser. We also tried the Gorgonzola with beef pizza, soooo good. No complaints, this CROWD was happy!Special Features:
- seakayiiVIPDined on 10/15/2014No need to return. Unappealing with people smoking outside the entrance. Food was mediocre. Dark atmosphere. Glad to leave.Special Features:
- excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014superb meal and good prices; a little mix up with order of when items were to be served, but not a big deal to us. we really enjoyed the EVO salad, the pizza sauce and pizza dough were perfect, and the lobster pasta was awesome! My Elder Fizz was a little weak and not too fizzy; too much ice? the food servers did a great job. overall a very delightful food experience and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocrebeantownfoodieDined on 9/27/2014Waitress didn't introduce herself and we had to ask for the daily pizza special, she was pushy to get us to order and frankly not very personable (she was the same one we had when we tried this place one other time and had same marginal service) meatballs bland, pizza spicy and not noted to be, VERY loud music and noise throughout restaurant. Donut dessert was good though.
- Great VibeGudfoodDined on 9/27/2014Energetic atmosphere with fabulous industrial, rustic decor . Awesome homemade pasta !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once was enoughScottsdaleDinerVIPDined on 9/27/2014From start to finish, a meal not worth repeating. The prices were high. The portions were incredibly small. The music was way too loud. The pasta was mushy. The tomato sauce was sweet and tasted of a spice not commonly used in tomato sauce (cinnamon maybe?). My pasta bolognese had about 15 noodles. The chile shrimp dish tasted mainly like salt. The chocolate torte was a tiny square 3/4 of an inch per side. Our table of 8 requested parmesan and they bring over a tiny cup containing barely enough for one meal. The waitress was inattentive and then spilled water and didn't bother to wipe it up. Also, if you are going for restaurant week, don't bother. The same items are on their normal menu for less than the restaurant week pricing.
- Best service everOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Ben our server was the best. Overall, food was very good to excellent. I was disappointed in the main dish I ordered (chili with shrimp and mint). I sampled my wife's dish (beef bolognese) best I have ever had in my life. Will return for that scrumptious dish. Also, appetizers were excellent including the meat balls.Special Features:
- Surprising FindFoodstickDined on 9/19/2014Apparently Evo has been around a few years. I was not aware of this and happened to select them through my Restaurant Week searches. The ambiance is nice, low lighting, comfortable seating, and attentibe service. The food was outstanding and the wine selection is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceAliciaDined on 9/19/2014Went with a group of 10 ppl and the service was horrific. I complained 4 times for being ignored and the service still didn't get better. Will never go back.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014It was way overpriced and they had us in n out if there in about 45 min was looking for a more leisurely meal
- Lobster PastaDavilm10Dined on 9/13/2014I forget the name of the dish, but the lobster pesto cream pasta was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but nothing spectacularxmingxDined on 9/11/2014The Charcuterie block was a good mix of cheese and pickled things for an appetizer. The pork belly was good too. We ordered the Bolognese and the Aragosta from the hand-made pasta section. Bolognese was alright, it was kinda bland. The Aragosta was good but not great, I probably wouldn't order these two items again. The service and ambiance was nice, if we go back it will probably for appetizers and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dinner!occasionaldinerDined on 9/10/2014My husband and I went on a Wednesday evening for our anniversary. We also had a Restaurant.com certificate. Our waiter was very friendly and very helpful with menu recommendations. We both had the EVO salad which was amazing! I had the Vegetable Risotto and my husband had the pork chop. Both were delicious! Service was great; we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- nice neighborhood placeLindaBDined on 8/23/2014A bit overpriced and lacking in ambiance, but quite nice grub here.Special Features:
- EVO is all you need to knowNYE2014Dined on 8/16/2014The service was outstanding. The food was great! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the menu with us! We are coming back to try the dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect date nightSabrinaGibsonDined on 8/15/2014The food is incredible with outstanding service. I would give it 5 stars if it wasn't so loud. Definitely make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Nice Experiencedlc9691VIPDined on 8/9/2014First time @ EVO was a pleasant treat. We started with bruschetta and a couple glasses of Cab, split an awesome salad and a pesto pizza we finished with a donuts dessert along with an espresso. Food was unique and fun. Pizza was my only disappointment. Pizza was not bad, just kind of bland. Especially after our wonderful bruschetta and salad. Service was excellent. I would head back again soon. I will probably order a pasta dish instead of pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok mealmariVIPDined on 8/7/2014We came for dinner and were seated at the bar, even though the restaurant portion was quite empty. I found the menu limited for me, as I'm trying to eat more protein. The majority of items are pasta and pizza. I could choose from roast chicken or salmon. I ordered a kale salad that was very good. My salmon was crazily undercooked. It came on a bit of coucous-no vegatable with it. Nothing was terrible--nothing great to make me want to come back. The bar area was very busy.
- nice restaurant, good foodtaipanDined on 8/5/2014Very good appetizers, excellent risotto with vegetables. good mixed drinks too. overall, pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time.FoodloverDined on 8/2/2014The atmosphere is very nice. The servers were attentive and nice. We decided to sample a few things. First the bruschetta tenderloin, balsamic vinegar, and asparagus. I think all the flavors combined were very sour. They claim to have combined all the flavors to balance each other out? Meatball appetizer. The bread and sauce was delicious! When I cut into the meatballs it reminded me of spaghetti Os meatball. It tasted the same. Caesar salad. Very oily dressing no flavor and one had cheese one didn't. Lobster pasta. Giant pieces of lobster! Over powered by giant noodles? The noodles were chewy. Pepperoni pizza. Crispy, good dough. It was a very small pizza and the flavor was not fantastic. So overall the food was not great.
- The following 77 reviews are from the EVO reviews archive.
- Way too loudbeantownfoodieDined on 7/26/2014To sum it up food was great but service was mediocre; the server did not introduce herself, welcome us to the restaurant, wasn't to be found when we needed something. The design was ok but the noise was soooo very loud - I was sitting next to a friend, in a booth, and still had to talk at the top of my voice, practically yelling.
- birthdays and barAZMegBDined on 7/18/2014I've been here a couple of times - I think the bar area is better than the restaurant area - more fun atmosphere, happy hour and the bar menu is the best of the full menu. On my dinner reservation online, I noted that it was my boyfriend's birthday and they printed his name and a special message at the top of our menus! Some of the food was great, others just okay. Loved the steak and the dressing on my salad, but the kale was dried, crunchy, a bit like fall leaves. I wasn't a fan. The burbon cocktail was great, but more ice than cocktail. Once I switched to wine, it was a great pour, nice blend for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014A group of us came in to celebrate a birthday. Food was amazing, bar staff was fantastic. A little disappointing they couldn't split the check for our group (10 people total). No one carries cash these days so one person was required to pick it up. Would definitely recommend for a dining experience in trendy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I went to Evo with a large group to celebrate my birthday. The waitress immediately rushed us to order our meals shortly after being seated. She didn't even ask us if we wanted to start with appetizers(which we did). The food was delicious and everyone enjoyed their meals. The waitress had asked us if we wanted our check to be separated and we told her we did , but when the checks came, every single one of them was wrong. She then disappeared for about 15 minutes and when she came back she said she needed everyone to repeat what they had ordered. It took about 30 minutes just to pay the bill so needless to say, the waitress ruined our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday dinner - not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Sorry, but never will I return to this restaurant. Its great looking on the inside, very stylish, swanky, sexy, it SEEMS like a good date place...But thats where the compliments end. The server forgot to enter our food order, which he copped to so we let it go. Then, 45 mins later we got our SALADS. Their signature EVO salad was akin to eating Fall leaves as they were broiled/baked to a crisp. It was incredibly hot in there, so much so that the server was fanning us with menus. He was a nice kid, great personality, but the food was horrible and again, it was so hot in there my upper lip was sweating....this location is cursed, every restaurant placed there has failed. I dont need a crystal ball to see what the future holds for this place.Special Features:
- EVO just okayGEMSTONEVIPDined on 6/22/2014It was a Sunday at 7:15 PM and the place was empty. So, that may influence this. No bread was served. The pizza was like the kind I'd buy at a grocery store. I will say the handmade pasta was very good. The waiter was kind of funky. I think he was trying to be funny. Nothing horrible but nothing worth a second trip for.
- RecommendedangusmcgillicutiDined on 6/20/2014Food was really good. Portions are small but very adequate. They have a nice happy hour menu. Had the Evo salad, bruschetta & pasta. Everythng tasted fresh. Service was great. This is definitely a do over. I'd like to try something else.Special Features:
- Food quality is not a priority hereDM2InspVIPDined on 6/7/2014This was one of the worst meals we ever had at a restaurant. The appetizer pizza tasted like it was made of ingredients from a box. The kale in my salad was flash fried in oil and had a heavy oily taste; the chicken was cold and tasted as if it had been defrosted. The restaurant has a vibrant bar scene, but not a place for foodies.
- Stellar PlaceAZFoodieDined on 6/5/2014Evo is a great place to grab a drink with a friend or grab a romantic dinner with a loved one. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. I would recommend this place to everyone and anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised in ScottsdaleTotalExperienceChickDined on 6/3/2014I ventured out to do a test lunch for a future event. Thursday afternoon, lunchtime, the place was empty. I engaged in the pizza and salad. My guest had a steak sandwich. Pizza - uneventful with a pasty consistency type crust. Salad had too many greens and not enough other additives. My guest reported that steak sandwich was good. Service was overly attentive, probably due to the fact we were on of two couples. Interior was dark, primitive burgundy sponge paint, nothing notable interior wise, and did not offer any vibe of energy. I loved the concept and the story behind the creation of the business. I know it's a hard business, especially in Arizona. I would suggest you try it for a happy hour, and test it for yourself.Special Features:
- HmmmNowthatsaspicymeatballDined on 5/31/2014Conflicted. Food was good, though portions were small. Service was pleasant but slow and not particularly polished. Noisy... very noisy.
- Great food but too noisyTabletalkDined on 5/31/2014The food was fabulous. We had a thirty minute wait passed our reservation. I think they should limit the number of large parties in an evening because of the noise level and the constant invasion of private space. Couldn't hear yourself think and have a conversation with dining mates. Server was attentive and gracious. Maybe better for lunch?Special Features:
- So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014There was a party with a large group of women so it was very noisy will all of the cackling, I had to yell to talk to my wife. I ordered the Pork Belly Risotto and my wife ordered the Heirloom Tomato Pasta. The pork was okay but the risotto and peas were under-cooked and very salty. My wife said that the pasta could have been dressed better and was not that tasty.
- Arizona Restaurant WeekDealLeoDined on 5/25/2014Went with my wife for ARW. Food was excellent, the live acoustic music added to the ambiance. Definitely suggest to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!arigottoeDined on 5/23/2014Most people might sacrifice atmosphere for good food. That's the case here, I think. Inside and patio dining is noisy. The trade off is good food and service. Tomato sauces, meatballs and desset we had were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Pure delicious food! The EVO salad is to die for and the pasta is not overdone/over sauced. I even tried the chef special bruschetta which had sardines...to my surprise, I loved it. We had a little issue the first time we went and it took a while for the server to come to our table. They apologized and we are glad we decided to stay. We will continue to frequent this little gem. We celebrated my husbands birthday at our last visit and they made the experience extra special. Hope you try it and hope you enjoy it as much as we do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going back tomorrow!ginniferVIPDined on 5/18/2014We just went to EVO on Sunday and already plan on returning tomorrow for my boyfriend's birthday. We went for restaurant week and also ordered a couple items off the regular menu. The charcute board and pork belly are amazing. The staff was a little awkward, though. Weird hostess and server, both seemed a little uncomfortable/unsure of themselves. Took a while for anyone to address us once we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyQkcjDined on 5/7/2014EVO has a great happy hour menu and the best kale salad I have ever tasted.the service is great and the prices are so reasonable.Special Features: