4175 N Goldwater Blvd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.evoscottsdale.com/
- Phone: 4802659814
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Jeff Caswell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our talented chefs are able to create a menu for any event.
- Entertainment: EVO has live acoustic every Sunday night performed by local artists. Sunday nights are also half off all bottles of wine!
A word from EVO
EVO is an Italian influenced restaurant lounge in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. We offer a light Italian menu which is complemented by our handmade pasta, pizza and dessert. EVO is a comfy and cozy place to relax and meet your friends or to make new friends!Continued
EVO has happy hour from 4-7pm daily with late night food served until 1:30am daily!
EVO has happy hour from 4-7pm daily with late night food served until 1:30am daily!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
EVO reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (14)romantic (14)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- EVO is all you need to knowNYE2014Dined on 8/16/2014The service was outstanding. The food was great! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the menu with us! We are coming back to try the dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect date nightSabrinaGibsonDined on 8/15/2014The food is incredible with outstanding service. I would give it 5 stars if it wasn't so loud. Definitely make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Nice Experiencedlc9691Dined on 8/9/2014First time @ EVO was a pleasant treat. We started with bruschetta and a couple glasses of Cab, split an awesome salad and a pesto pizza we finished with a donuts dessert along with an espresso. Food was unique and fun. Pizza was my only disappointment. Pizza was not bad, just kind of bland. Especially after our wonderful bruschetta and salad. Service was excellent. I would head back again soon. I will probably order a pasta dish instead of pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok mealmariVIPDined on 8/7/2014We came for dinner and were seated at the bar, even though the restaurant portion was quite empty. I found the menu limited for me, as I'm trying to eat more protein. The majority of items are pasta and pizza. I could choose from roast chicken or salmon. I ordered a kale salad that was very good. My salmon was crazily undercooked. It came on a bit of coucous-no vegatable with it. Nothing was terrible--nothing great to make me want to come back. The bar area was very busy.
- nice restaurant, good foodtaipanDined on 8/5/2014Very good appetizers, excellent risotto with vegetables. good mixed drinks too. overall, pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time.FoodloverDined on 8/2/2014The atmosphere is very nice. The servers were attentive and nice. We decided to sample a few things. First the bruschetta tenderloin, balsamic vinegar, and asparagus. I think all the flavors combined were very sour. They claim to have combined all the flavors to balance each other out? Meatball appetizer. The bread and sauce was delicious! When I cut into the meatballs it reminded me of spaghetti Os meatball. It tasted the same. Caesar salad. Very oily dressing no flavor and one had cheese one didn't. Lobster pasta. Giant pieces of lobster! Over powered by giant noodles? The noodles were chewy. Pepperoni pizza. Crispy, good dough. It was a very small pizza and the flavor was not fantastic. So overall the food was not great.
- Way too loudbeantownfoodieDined on 7/26/2014To sum it up food was great but service was mediocre; the server did not introduce herself, welcome us to the restaurant, wasn't to be found when we needed something. The design was ok but the noise was soooo very loud - I was sitting next to a friend, in a booth, and still had to talk at the top of my voice, practically yelling.
- birthdays and barAZMegBDined on 7/18/2014I've been here a couple of times - I think the bar area is better than the restaurant area - more fun atmosphere, happy hour and the bar menu is the best of the full menu. On my dinner reservation online, I noted that it was my boyfriend's birthday and they printed his name and a special message at the top of our menus! Some of the food was great, others just okay. Loved the steak and the dressing on my salad, but the kale was dried, crunchy, a bit like fall leaves. I wasn't a fan. The burbon cocktail was great, but more ice than cocktail. Once I switched to wine, it was a great pour, nice blend for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014A group of us came in to celebrate a birthday. Food was amazing, bar staff was fantastic. A little disappointing they couldn't split the check for our group (10 people total). No one carries cash these days so one person was required to pick it up. Would definitely recommend for a dining experience in trendy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I went to Evo with a large group to celebrate my birthday. The waitress immediately rushed us to order our meals shortly after being seated. She didn't even ask us if we wanted to start with appetizers(which we did). The food was delicious and everyone enjoyed their meals. The waitress had asked us if we wanted our check to be separated and we told her we did , but when the checks came, every single one of them was wrong. She then disappeared for about 15 minutes and when she came back she said she needed everyone to repeat what they had ordered. It took about 30 minutes just to pay the bill so needless to say, the waitress ruined our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday dinner - not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Sorry, but never will I return to this restaurant. Its great looking on the inside, very stylish, swanky, sexy, it SEEMS like a good date place...But thats where the compliments end. The server forgot to enter our food order, which he copped to so we let it go. Then, 45 mins later we got our SALADS. Their signature EVO salad was akin to eating Fall leaves as they were broiled/baked to a crisp. It was incredibly hot in there, so much so that the server was fanning us with menus. He was a nice kid, great personality, but the food was horrible and again, it was so hot in there my upper lip was sweating....this location is cursed, every restaurant placed there has failed. I dont need a crystal ball to see what the future holds for this place.Special Features:
- EVO just okayGEMSTONEVIPDined on 6/22/2014It was a Sunday at 7:15 PM and the place was empty. So, that may influence this. No bread was served. The pizza was like the kind I'd buy at a grocery store. I will say the handmade pasta was very good. The waiter was kind of funky. I think he was trying to be funny. Nothing horrible but nothing worth a second trip for.
- RecommendedangusmcgillicutiDined on 6/20/2014Food was really good. Portions are small but very adequate. They have a nice happy hour menu. Had the Evo salad, bruschetta & pasta. Everythng tasted fresh. Service was great. This is definitely a do over. I'd like to try something else.Special Features:
- Food quality is not a priority hereDM2InspVIPDined on 6/7/2014This was one of the worst meals we ever had at a restaurant. The appetizer pizza tasted like it was made of ingredients from a box. The kale in my salad was flash fried in oil and had a heavy oily taste; the chicken was cold and tasted as if it had been defrosted. The restaurant has a vibrant bar scene, but not a place for foodies.
- Stellar PlaceAZFoodieDined on 6/5/2014Evo is a great place to grab a drink with a friend or grab a romantic dinner with a loved one. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. I would recommend this place to everyone and anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised in ScottsdaleTotalExperienceChickDined on 6/3/2014I ventured out to do a test lunch for a future event. Thursday afternoon, lunchtime, the place was empty. I engaged in the pizza and salad. My guest had a steak sandwich. Pizza - uneventful with a pasty consistency type crust. Salad had too many greens and not enough other additives. My guest reported that steak sandwich was good. Service was overly attentive, probably due to the fact we were on of two couples. Interior was dark, primitive burgundy sponge paint, nothing notable interior wise, and did not offer any vibe of energy. I loved the concept and the story behind the creation of the business. I know it's a hard business, especially in Arizona. I would suggest you try it for a happy hour, and test it for yourself.Special Features:
- HmmmNowthatsaspicymeatballDined on 5/31/2014Conflicted. Food was good, though portions were small. Service was pleasant but slow and not particularly polished. Noisy... very noisy.
- Great food but too noisyTabletalkDined on 5/31/2014The food was fabulous. We had a thirty minute wait passed our reservation. I think they should limit the number of large parties in an evening because of the noise level and the constant invasion of private space. Couldn't hear yourself think and have a conversation with dining mates. Server was attentive and gracious. Maybe better for lunch?Special Features:
- So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014There was a party with a large group of women so it was very noisy will all of the cackling, I had to yell to talk to my wife. I ordered the Pork Belly Risotto and my wife ordered the Heirloom Tomato Pasta. The pork was okay but the risotto and peas were under-cooked and very salty. My wife said that the pasta could have been dressed better and was not that tasty.
- Arizona Restaurant WeekDealLeoDined on 5/25/2014Went with my wife for ARW. Food was excellent, the live acoustic music added to the ambiance. Definitely suggest to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!arigottoeDined on 5/23/2014Most people might sacrifice atmosphere for good food. That's the case here, I think. Inside and patio dining is noisy. The trade off is good food and service. Tomato sauces, meatballs and desset we had were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Pure delicious food! The EVO salad is to die for and the pasta is not overdone/over sauced. I even tried the chef special bruschetta which had sardines...to my surprise, I loved it. We had a little issue the first time we went and it took a while for the server to come to our table. They apologized and we are glad we decided to stay. We will continue to frequent this little gem. We celebrated my husbands birthday at our last visit and they made the experience extra special. Hope you try it and hope you enjoy it as much as we do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going back tomorrow!ginniferVIPDined on 5/18/2014We just went to EVO on Sunday and already plan on returning tomorrow for my boyfriend's birthday. We went for restaurant week and also ordered a couple items off the regular menu. The charcute board and pork belly are amazing. The staff was a little awkward, though. Weird hostess and server, both seemed a little uncomfortable/unsure of themselves. Took a while for anyone to address us once we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyQkcjDined on 5/7/2014EVO has a great happy hour menu and the best kale salad I have ever tasted.the service is great and the prices are so reasonable.Special Features:
- The following 59 reviews are from the EVO reviews archive.
- Loved it!HonuDined on 4/26/2014We were a group of 8 and the service and food was fantastic. We got there early for happy hour and stayed for dinner. It was so wonderful we went back a few days later for dinner.Special Features:
- Terrific PastaaguthartDined on 4/19/2014We really enjoyed the home-made pasta. So fresh and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time VisitorVegasFunDined on 4/6/2014We picked EVO through OpenTable. We went on a Sunday night at 7:45, so it was a little quiet. A 2 person band started at 8:00 and they were great and not too loud. The food was really good and reasonable. We had the gorgonzola pizza, EVO salad and a caesar salad. The EVO salad is really good - with baked kale and shaved brussel sprouts. Highly recommend it. We would go again. Neat part of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findGrammaellenVIPDined on 3/26/2014Found EVO on Yelp while searching for casual dining Italian restaurant in Scottsdale. The pasta and risotto we ordered were incredibly good while the sauces were light and flavorful. The homemade pasta was outstanding. Salads were fresh and dressing was not heavy. Loved the homemade salty caramel gelato. Wait staff was extraordinarily friendly and service was prompt. Definitely looking forward to returning to our "new find."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great energy, great vibeJimmybo310Dined on 3/22/2014Went there on a whim. Just happen to be lucky enough to get a reservation. Food was excellent and the service was tremendous. Location is perfect for after dinner walk around downtown. Only part I didn't like was the parking. It doesn't seem to have enough parking for the business it has.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in fun neighborhoodEbethDined on 3/21/2014The food was excellent and the restaurant was comfortable with an eclectic neighborhood feel! The homemade meatball appetizer was yummy and the pork belly risotto was delicious! While these were our favorites all of the entrees were excellent and the portions were a nice size and not too large. You could tell that the bar was a popular place to be. It was a little loud, but we had a great evening with great food! You have to get dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EVO proved me a liarUFG1966Dined on 3/19/2014I've dropped in before and sat at the bar before. I decided to bring 2 friends and told them of the great experience. What a mistake. The server had us repeat our order a few times. None of us ate together. All food came out separate. What a disappointment!
- Good food, poor serviceJeffVIPDined on 3/17/2014Food was good and the menu is very good. Service was a train wreck. You will not find a more indifferent staff anywhere - period.
- We had a group of 10. everybodyGARYVIPDined on 3/15/2014We had a group of 10. everybody liked the food which ranged from salad to pizza to pasta. (the sausage pasta dishes could have used more meat)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great resturantklmeyerazDined on 3/14/2014Great scene, delicious drink menu & food is awesome!! Gorgonzola pizza is AMAZING, love the kale salad & veggie risotto. Even made us stuffed olives for our drinks without hesitation regardless how busy the bar was that night :) Great spot in old town that is off the beaten path. Friendly ambience, romantic lighting, and always a great crowd but never cramped that it makes you feel rushed. 5 stars!!Special Features:
- Loved it!KellyDined on 3/14/2014The food was phenomenal. Our waiter was attentive, funny, and made the whole experience even better. Definitely would order the pasta again! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- I was with a large group forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2014I was with a large group for a Birthday Lunch on a Wed and we were the only ones there when we arrived. Thus the Noise Level was quiet. By the time we left there were only 4 other diners there. They printed a Happy Birthday message for the Birthday Girl on all our menus, which was a nice touch. We got the Chocolate Torte for dessert and it was VERY GOOD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional service and understandiGFoodDined on 3/10/2014Exceptional service and understanding of wine list and food menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service; a bit noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Food and service were fine. We had a group of 5 seated at a big table, and it was hard to hear our conversation.
- LackingbleepieDined on 2/24/2014A friend and I met for lunch at 11:30am (we made our reservation using Open Table). I know 11:30am is early for lunch but we were the only people here. I ordered the EVO salad and she had a cheesesteak sandwich. I didn't care for my salad at all but I understand this is personal preference and she said her sandwich was just okay. We sat chatting from 11:30am until 2pm and only saw 2 other diners there. Scary but now I know why...
- The charcuterie platter wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/21/2014The charcuterie platter was delicious. The rice balls were excellent. GreatvMoscow MulesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.