232-234 Chandler Street
Worcester, MA 01609Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://evodining.com/
- Phone: 5084594240x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday: 8:00am - 11:30am; Lunch/Dinner: Sunday 11:30 am to 9:00 pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Al Maykel, III
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Party platters (sandwiches, salads, desserts)
A word from EVO Dining
Worcester Restaurant, EVO Dining offers health conscious menu options to please an array of tastes. The casual fine dining menu features award winning cuisine prepared with only the freshest natural and organic ingredients. To please steak lovers, vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free guests alike, menu items include signature sandwiches, gourmet pizzas and flavorful entrees. Breakfast and Brunch are served on Sundays, and catering options include party platters fit for easy entertaining. A full bar complete with fresh wine selections, drafts, and delicious cocktails make this the perfect place to experience the evolution in dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
EVO Dining - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
EVO Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (14)good for groups (13)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (6)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)romantic (3)Show More
- Great casual night outHavingfunDined on 10/4/2014Great neighborhood spot. Anything you could ask for on Menu. I had excellent pizza, friends had great burgers. Something for everyone on Menu. Waitress was quirky but fun!!! Loved it, looking forward to going back again soon.Special Features:
- Good food, Service was lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014This is my second time at EVO, but my guests and I were quite disappointed with the service from our waitress. While I fully understand that people have difficult days, it just felt that she was not present at all, and didnt seem aware of how to properly provide service. She came to order our drinks and while the drink menu was sitting on the table, we did not realize it so we were guessing at what we wanted, and she declined to point out/offer the menu. We asked that the check be separated and it wasnt done so until the collective bill had been sitting there for a while. I put in a $50 bill to pay for my $31 meal and she came back and didnt bring the bill or change back to me, asking if i was all set. There is much more..Special Features:
- hidden gem in WorcesterUpdateVIPDined on 9/19/2014Why I love being on Open Table is finding spots like Evo. From the outside (and even when inside) the "look and feel" is not what you would think would turn out phenomenal food, but don't let that fool you this place is top shelf. From the great gluten free pizza to the awesome burgers, sandwiches, and gourmet entrees you will find something made with the freshest ingredients that will leave talking about. Add to that our waitress Jennifer (probably the best server I have had since being a member of OT!) and you have a night out that you wouldn't expect in this spot on Chandler St.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evo rocks!GetinmahbellyDined on 9/16/2014Great food, super friendly and competent staff. Love Evo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the varied menuSimplefoodieDined on 9/9/2014Four of us were dining in honor of two birthdays. Really liked the bread with roasted garlic and the baked avocado. The tuna dish was very tasty and generous portions. We all had dessert and I loved the flourless chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationJMEKEDined on 9/5/2014Really enjoyed celebrating my daughter's recent birthday at EVO. Great food, diverse menu, and friendly service. Was our second visit and I can't wait to go back again. My only caveat is that my nut allergic son cannot have anything fried because they use the fryer for an item that has nuts in it. On the plus side, the server was extremely knowledgeable about the issue. And there were plenty of other options - he was extremely happy with his Shepards Pie.Special Features:
- MadisonDined on 8/30/2014Great food selection and specials. Service was outstanding and the dinner and desert excellent. Highly recommended for individuals with varying food choices.Special Features:
- Many thoughtful entreesBrianDined on 8/29/2014A wide range of thoughtfully prepared entrees and very good and attentive service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and ServicePickyVegetarianDined on 8/27/2014Two of the people in our group were vegetarian, and the waiter was very attentive to that detail. She made sure to ask if we were vegan and vegetarian, and if we wanted vegan cheese or not. And the food was amazing! They have a wide variety of food, so there is something for everyone on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable find!billandpam3Dined on 8/12/2014Tried this restaurant during restaurant week and we were very happy we did! Great food with a nice presentation. Would be nice if it wasn't quite so loud...conversation was a bit difficult due to environmental noise. But, never-the-less....we'll be back!Special Features:
- Delish!vermont50Dined on 8/12/2014Our dinner at Evo for restaurant week was just delicious and what a nice surprise to have a choice of 2 menus! Our server was prompt and knowledgeable. The presentation of each item was delightful, with very appropriate portion control. Scallops, pork tenderloin, beef short rib all melted in our mouths. We have eaten at Evo several times and feel this may have been the best dinner yet. It was the first visit for our friends and they said Evo was "go back good!" I know we will return.Special Features:
- Totally awesomeSummerinMADined on 8/12/2014I went at 3:30 on a Tuesday during Worcester Restaurant Week. The music was nice and quiet, the service was great, and the food was perfectly delicious. I recommend trying the ginger lemon coconut curry soup if you have the opportunity.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dining-restaurant weekm2smithDined on 8/10/2014I was hesitant, but my wife had a gift card. Sharing space with Living Earth natural foods supermarket had me thinking tofu burgers - nothing wrong with that, but not the sumptuous dinner to celebrate 34 years of marriage. I was wrong. The menu had a wide variety of comfort foods (mac n cheese, quesadillas, burgers...) and some specials for restaurant week. For starters we chose the braised beef short rib and the mussels in a ginger coconut curry sauce - both fabulous. Mains - I had duck breast glazed in maple and grand marnier and my bride had seared scallops with bacon risotto - cooked perfectly. Dessert - flour less chocolate cake and the peanut butter bistro cake - a great finish. Service - prompt and friendly. We will go again.Special Features:
- Under false pretensesHenryVIPDined on 7/13/2014We came to EVO to have Sunday brunch but they stop serving at 11:30. The "lunch" menu was dreadful. The website suggests EVO serves healthy, fresh food. With the exception of salads, the rest of the menu was largely pizza and quesadillas. We left without ordering.
- Just OKBobbyDined on 7/9/2014My wife and I stopped in for dinner. We ordered a couple of appetizers and the Tuna entre'. The service was very good, but the food was just OK. I wasn't sure, but to me the Tuna seemed like it had been frozen. It was firm and dry and fresh tuna should have been moist. The appetizers (spring rolls and lobster Rangoon's) also seemed like they were not fresh. Somewhat disappointed. I had expected better. The wine was delicious and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- A++ vegan/vegetarian/carnivoreChrisDined on 7/6/2014Excellent food and service. Will definitely return next time in the area. Offers a wide range of meal options, while seeming to have an abundance of various mac n cheese dishes and quesadilla options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Went here with a friend. Requested a quiet both so we could chat but in the main dining room there was a semi-open kitchen where you could see the chefs frying up some excellent food. The menu has a lot of variety, is great for anyone with dietary restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneLittleBirdieVIPDined on 6/27/2014Evo never disappoints. The decor is pleasant, and inviting. The noise level is manageable. Evo has a very diverse menu. I am a vegetarian, my friend is gluten free, and both of our husbands are carnivores. We all can find something great to eat. My husband loves the seared tuna. I love the stirfry. The wine and beer list is very good. They usually have some funky cocktails, too. The guacamole is outstanding. Some of the best I've had...including going to authentic Mexican restaurants. Their breakfast on Sunday mornings is great. Their staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. They really make you feel like you are their guest. Evo was great before but now that they are on OpenTable it's even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 4 reviews are from the EVO Dining reviews archive.
- Great anytimeGFdinerDined on 6/22/2014huge menu with lots of choices for gluten free and vegetarian. Knowledgeable, courteous and accommodating staff. had fun with friends sampling the menu!Special Features:
- Great Father's Day lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Food was excellent, lots of healthy and tasty choices. Everyone from the Grandfather to the toddler was happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EVO DiningJamieDined on 6/14/2014As a recent vegan, I was beyond excited to try EVO. We made a reservation, and were sat right away. The waitress was very nice, but she messed up my friend's drink order (she brought an IPA instead of a belgian ale), and then blamed it on the bartender, but I don't think she charged us for it. The food was delicious, and everything was fresh, cooked correctly, and delicious. The restaurant has a really unique decor, with interesting light fixtures and a couple of fish aquariums! It was overall very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014I have been twice now and both times everything was great. I can't have gluten and loved that there were some great options for me. The nachos and gluten free alfredo mac and cheese with shrimp were both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.