1313 Old Chain Bridge Rd
McLean, VA 22101Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.evobistro.com/
- Phone: (703) 288-4422
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 1:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ticara Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Evo Bistro provides full service catering to accommodate every need. Contact one of our catering managers and see how we can work for you. Email info@evobistro or call us at 703.288.4422.
- Private Party Facilities: Evo Bistro offers a private tasting room that accommodates up to 10 people, in addition to lounge and dining areas for larger parties. Contact Evo Bistro to reserve your next event!
- Private Party Contact: Shannon Keeting 7032884422x
A word from Evo Bistro
Unpretentious with a relaxed ambiance, Evo Bistro offers Mediterranean-style tapas and features wines from around the world. Evo Bistro is also a retail wine shop.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Evo Bistro - Best Restaurants in McLean ›
Evo Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (17)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (9)great for lunch (7)good for groups (7)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Bad brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/16/2014I have been to Evo Bistro several times for cocktails and dinner. During that time, the food is better than average, as well as the service. Sunday Brunch was a complete disappointment. My French toast was no larger than a 2" square. My husband's egg in toast was cold and stale. No coffee refills were offered. The service was absolutely awful. In short, I would not recommend brunch there.
- When you want a non fast food lunchMarthaVIPDined on 11/7/2014Evo Bistro is a fit for foodie wine bar restaurant. BUT don't forget that if you have friends visiting or you want a light delicious lunch, go to Evo Bistro. The choices are delicious and a great price for lunch. Don't forget our little gem in the McLean neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great coffee!DebEVIPDined on 10/30/2014Evo Bistro was better than I expected based on the initial smell upon entering the restaurant (just off putting) and the overheard yelling in the kitchen! My friend said the soup was tasty; the beet salad was small and would not have been enough food if I hadn't requested salmon as well. The Illy coffee was so good I will put Evo on my go to spot for coffee if I am in McLean any afternoon! Note: if crowded, I believe the restaurant would be loud because the floors are concrete and there's lots of glass. There were very few lunchtime guests so it was quiet when I was there.
- Great food, wine & service.Luv2eatoutDined on 10/24/2014The service, wine and food were excellent. The restaurant was quite cold; we all had to keep our coats/jackets on which is cumbersome for relaxed eating. The noise level was particularly high. People were enjoying themselves so the noise was chatter and laughter but it was so loud we couldn't hear each the person across the table from us. Sound proofing and heat definitely needed. Food and service spot on.Special Features:
- SteveDined on 10/18/2014Outstanding find in McLean. Vibrant with live music made this a great spot for a Friday dinner. Homemade spinace gnocchi was absolutely wonderful. Staff was very helpful, attentive, and friendly. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 10/18/2014Sea bass was delicious, salmon was over cooked! Some of the tapas were great, others were ok. Hard to communicate because of the noise level.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I are locals but this was our first visit here, based on a recommendation from a friend. We were delighted. Although there was a very loud performer at the bar that made it a bit difficult to converse, we grew accustomed to it and the outstanding food and service really made up for it. The manager spent lots of time with us making sure we were happy (gave us a bonus small plate selection), and then even brought out the chef at the end to discuss desserts... when we couldn't decide, they threw in an extra one on the house! Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food But. ....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014WAY TO LOUD.... In addition to the high level of noise, one could hear the faint bass of the music in the backgroundI would recommend this to a friend.
- great tapasdaleoVIPDined on 9/18/2014the tapas had a lot of very interesting flavors, spices, etcSpecial Features:
- Great food,fun wineDebMVIPDined on 9/17/2014Stopped by for an afternoon snack and wine. Lots of delicious tapas to choose from. I had beet salad and gnocchi, and both were excellent. We passed on the half priced wine bottle, but next time for sure. Instead we enjoyed a couple of a la carte glasses. Anyway, as usual, the food was delicious, the wine very nice, and the service excellent.Special Features:
- HeresHowDined on 9/14/2014There was a private party with a musician, and the place was loud. The accommodating staff seated us in the private room. Food was pretty good: excellent mussels but rubbery halibut and very salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodlectrongrlVIPDined on 9/12/2014I have come to Evo Bistro probably 8-10 times. The service is always winning, the menu is clever with a number of vegetarian options, and the feel of the restaurant is pleasant and open. A little noisy, but not so much that it interferes with your own conversation.Special Features:
- The following 597 reviews are from the Evo Bistro reviews archive.
- Great Manager Overcomes Food LapseFalcon48Dined on 7/19/2014We eat here frequently, including last Monday. Grilled artichoke hearts with Parma ham were perfect; the calamari may have been the best I've ever had. The cheese and charcuterie selection was spectacular. Saturday w/friends: Artichoke hearts were o.k. not great. We ordered two calamari; the portions were small, but the waiter immediately brought us a third dish--great service. But the calamari wasn't as fresh. Good--not great. Salmon excellent as usual, lamp chops perfect. At the end, the manager came by. I told him of the problems, and he was very concerned. He warmly thanked us; restaurant people hate when people have a bad time and leave-they rarely return. Then he reduced it by about $40--very cool. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Good food, service not so4408Dined on 7/15/2014The bar area was very noisy on a Tuesday evening. Thankfully that group left shortly after so we could hear ourselves. Service was neglectful at best. It was not a busy night but we had to go to the bar to remind them of our wine order and things didn't really improve. Food very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evo Bistro never disappoints!LivetoeatDined on 7/13/2014We enjoyed our brunch. The menu is a nice variety. The service was very good, pleasant and prompt.Special Features:
- Cannot write reviewsPackratDined on 7/12/2014We love Open Table and the convenience. Unfortunately I will no longer be writing reviews as long as you have a 750 character limitation. I've tried before & always run out of space and always give up before I can say what I want to. Sorry, guys. I'm done until you change.Special Features:
- SoliddcdinerVIPDined on 6/22/2014McLean just doesn't have a ton of great dining options, but Evo Bistro is a nice spot. We went on a Sunday night around 8pm. There were just a few other tables filled at that time, and ambience was very quiet. Server was super friendly and willing to help. The grilled artichoke appetizer was tasty and unique. The Vegetable Risotto was quite good. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mjayVIPDined on 6/10/2014The food, wine and service were all very good / excellent. But even on a quiet night (after the bar scene was over), the acoustics were difficult. This is not the place to take a client or have a quiet romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusselsLuluVIPDined on 6/10/2014The mussels were without a doubt the best I have ever had!Special Features:
- Wine to EnjoyvmcghieDined on 6/7/2014Evo Bistro is understated but absolutely satisfying. You can't go wrong with the tapas and definitely not their wine list. You will not be dissappointed.Special Features:
- We love Evo BistroSabaBobDined on 6/6/2014As we were making plans for my 63rd birthday my significant other asked where I wanted to go to dinner. There wasn't a moment's hesitation in my response--Evo Bistro. She concurred because it is our favorite place to dine at in the Vienna / Tysons / McLean area. The food is always delicious and the staff are very friendly and responsive. You can't go wrong here. It is always a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Evo BistroyumyumDined on 6/6/2014Great wait staff. 6 small plates ordered, all were excellent except one which I felt was a bit overdone. Enough for 4 people to share. The mussels are excellent. Very noisy, hard to carry on a conversation but I think that depends on day of week and time of night and how busy they are. This was a very busy Fri. night. Great restaurant to have in Mclean. Excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LivetoeatDined on 6/4/2014This was a delightful experience. The service was superb and the food delicious, paired with wonderful wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wine bar?realfoodDined on 5/30/2014Very limited menu choices for vegans or folks w/dairy allergies! Four of us went for a girls night out. Veggies and entres had lots of butter instead of flavor. One person in our group wanted a 1/2 glass of wine (after having a full glass) and was told politely that they could not do that (the waiter checked w/the bartender). Also, stingy serving sizes! Would not go back even though it's in my neighborhood and McLean has very limited dining options. The Thai place next door or Capri is much more satisfying!!
- Great Food and ServiceReviewerVIPDined on 5/20/2014The food was excellent and the service superb! Ask for Alex -- he is a 10+++ waiter!Special Features:
- Wine and Tapas - Hard to BeatQuietnormalpeopleDined on 5/16/2014Evo Bistro has an interesting wine list and a fine assortment of typical Tapas and a rotating menu of entrees. The vibe is good - not a quiet spot but not deafening din either.Special Features:
- Tried and TrueMistique64Dined on 5/3/2014Once again Evo Bistro's kitchen was superb. Everything we ordered from the beet salad, onion soup to the burger, scallops and trout were cooked to perfection. They have a knack for combining flavor profiles and making the dishes sing. As always the scallops were our favorite. Perfectly caramelized above a bed of spinach. We brought friends here and they agreed this spot is a gem! We'll definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful food and great wineOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/2/2014We had a wonderful dining experience. The food was excellent and came out very quickly and the wine was perfect. Our server explained the food and wine menu to us and was very helpful. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find4boymomDined on 5/2/2014This was our first time at Evo Bistro. I had made reservations and arrived early, so i got a drink at the bar. We decided to stay at the bar and enjoyed the bar tender. The portions were larger than typical tapas and we enjoyed the lamb chops, scallops and Brussels sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2014We had the BEST service ever at Evo Bistro. Our server checked in often enough to make sure we had everything we needed, but not too often to be annoying. She had great suggestions for selections and pairings. The Hersh Burger was one of the best burgers I have ever had. While the listing seems as though it would be too much, the flavors formed a perfect mesh of savory goodness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps It Going WellOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2014Evo Bistro consistently changes its wine and food menus, but retains high quality in both areas through out. We sampled a half-dozen dishes from salads to pastas to meet entrees. All were prepared and presented well. This, coupled with great service, made it a great date night in McLean. Insider tip: For parties of four or more, skip the wine by the glass and get two bottles. It's a much better deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food disappointingKathyDined on 4/24/2014This is a restaurant that my friends and I really enjoy the wine and the food. The wine is very good but the food was not up to usual standards. Maybe it was an off night for the kitchen but my favorites the mussels and scallops were a huge disappointment. The white chocolate bread pudding was very dry and tasted like a stale cinnamon role, sorry I didn't order the Tiramisu.Special Features:
- Eco is Top NotchJWhislerDined on 4/21/2014As always, our experience was amazing. My friends were so impressed and half price wine on Monday nights made our bill negligible. We loved the wine selection. The food was awesome but I miss the Tapas variety of the old menu. Overall, outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to the brunch sceneBrunchloverVADined on 4/20/2014When I heard that Evo Bistro now serves brunch, I rejoiced! It probably wasn't fair (to me or to them) to go on Easter, however. The restaurant was very busy, and the chef had a hard time keeping up: We had a long wait between courses. The special Easter menu included three courses for $34, and it was way too much food. Choices were limited, and both the first and second courses were essentially main dishes, followed by a yogurt parfait, fruit bowl, or sticky bun. When I mentioned the odd menu, the server suggested that we take home anything we didn't eat, but who would want leftover (soggy) waffles, overdone French toast, or under ripe papaya? That said, I look forward to trying brunch again on a non-holiday Sunday!Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant!LuvfoodVIPDined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter Brunch. Love the food and the service. Got there early, and got seated immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/19/2014i expected the lunch menu that was posted online for our lunch Saturday. i would have chosen another restaurant if i knew the options were so limited. the salad was very small and not substantial as a main dish. expensive if expected to order more than 1 or two items for lunch. i won't be back.
- Terrible - what happened to EvoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2014Evo used to be one of my favorite places. I've probably dined here more than a dozen times over the past few years. Learned about many great wines through trying their extensive by the glass selection of upscale wines. Dined there many times, but had not been recently. Well, they have a new chef, new menu and new wine list. I won't go back. What used to be a wonderful dining and wine experience, despite the noise level, was horrible. We sent food back it was so bad and left to eat somewhere else. The manager was accomodating about us returning the food. I paid for the drinks.
- Hidden Treasure in McLeanLovethosetapasDined on 4/13/2014I have had lunch and dinner at Evo Bistro several times - I'm always pleased. The service is consistently attentive without hovering. Every dish has been excellent. Quiet enough for an intimate dinner, yet tapas make a wonderful ice breaker for a group luncheon. You can't go wrong, but try the lamb sliders and their calamari is the best I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food But Too Much NoiseSevern61Dined on 4/10/2014Wonderful food and service, but way too noisy between a 30-person party at one end and an "active" bar scene watching a ball game. Not what we would expect for a wine bar and bistro. We stuck it out, though we saw two other couples leave without ordering. We'll go back again (we really like it) but will be far more aware of what's going on when we walk in.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/24/2014The staff and the manager Gerry Keating do an excellent job of making everyone feel like they are special. It's one of the best kept secrets in Washington area. Excellent food as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.