440 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60605Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.everestrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3126638920x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Friday: 5:30 - 9:30; Saturday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jean Joho
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Everest
Soaring above Chicago's skyline on the 40th floor of One Financial Place and under the culinary direction of Chef/Owner Jean Joho, Everest serves some of Chicago's finest personalized cuisine. "Though the restaurant has a spectacular unobstructed cityscape as a backdrop, the food is what commands attention," said Chicago Magazine, which has voted Everest four stars for the tenth year in a row, since Everest opened.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Everest - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Loop ›
Everest reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (103)scenic view (95)romantic (87)notable wine list (86)fit for foodies (71)good for groups (6)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Top of the WorldTonyBDined on 9/20/2014Everest meets expectations with food that is beautifully prepared but not ridiculously over the top. Attentive service: we were never rushed and never ignored. We arrived almost a half hour early, but they were delighted to see us and sat us at an excellent table immediately. I had the sea bass as a main course. I generally don't order fish, but this was excellent. The flavor of the fish was not overwhelmed by te preparation, but complimented by it. This included gently sautéed delicate calamari. Appetizers were inventive and ranged from the deeply rich and intense (fois gras) to the delicate (oysters with cucumbers). Extensive wine list with some splits and some 'by the glass.' If you love good food, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occassion GemGGPPDined on 9/20/2014Very nice restaurant for a special occasion. Great service and wonderful food. Seating and view are great if you are by a window. Much less so if you are not.Special Features:
- Ne plus ultraOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Everest has got to be not just one of Chicago's finest but also one of the world's great restaurants. Civility is the order of the day here from beginning to end. Service by the gracious and unobtrusive staff is well-timed and choreographed, and the food is superb. The Magret of Mulard Duck was the best I have ever had and has set a new standard for comparison. Away from "restaurant row" and trendy, overhyped places that so often disappoint in so many ways, Everest is the real thing. For overall experience - ambience, service, view, and especially the food - this gem of a restaurant gets my highest recommendation.Special Features:
- Family Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We had two children, 7 and 13. We were very worried about how our 7 year old would do. They do not have a children's menu but the chef catered to him. He ate (or at least tried) everything they brought him. Everyone in our group loved there choices and the view was amazing. I highly recommend Everest.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014The food was amazing, the staff was even better. I saw a review that said the staff was stuffy. I found them personable. They performed the wine pairings and really were enthusiastic about their work. My only ding is finding this place. That was a pain and when we left, there was no one to tell us where they put the car. Found it by walking around lot. The window was open with keys inside. That seems reasonable in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!!!PrettyfirstDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I chose Everest to celebrate both of our birthdays, which are within one week of each other. Everest is a perfect choice: elegant, beautiful, delicious, with world class service. I would most certainly recommend this restaurant to others, and we will undoubtedly fine at Everest again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luxury dining worth the high priceTheaterFanaticVIPDined on 9/19/2014The Everest Room is the place to go if you are looking for caviar, foie gras, pricey but delicious food, and a terrific wine list. They were terrific t helping us make our deadline for the Joffrey Ballet -- although it would have been nice to have had more time for a leisurely experience. The view of the city was lovely. Expect a costly tab. If you are prepared for that, you will find it worthy of the expenditure.Special Features:
- Yet another extraordinary nightElleontableDined on 9/18/2014We were the first to the restaurant right when it opened at 5:30, and the restaurant team greeted us knowing what we were celebrating, and sat us at possibly one of the best seats in the restaurant. We were so impressed and grateful for it. Service was outstanding, the food was outstanding, there was nothing I would complain. Restaurant was very classy, upscale, and romantic. What a wonderful night!Special Features:
- RPOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014The room and view are great. The food and the presentation was outstanding. The service was very good but at times we were left with dishes that could have been bussed quicker rather than looking at an empty plate. The staff needs to smile more and be a bit warmer. At times I felt that they really did not want to interact with us. The dining experience is also an educational one for us and without the interaction we felt like it was almost inappropriate to ask a question.Special Features:
- Uber ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014Friendly and Professional. Cuisine not only farm to table, but ocean to table too! Check out the Pre-Theatre offering - Uber Value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The food was outstanding so good and the wine list was so good. For my boyfriend's birthday they gave a little cake with a candle. Very romantic staff was very friendly. I really appreciate the night.Special Features:
- Consistently the BestGeezerDined on 9/11/2014Everest is our favorite "special occasion" restaurant. Elegant setting, wonderful service, beautiful food. Always a memorable evening.Special Features:
- KayKayRDined on 9/9/2014It was great; food, view, service. An amazing placeSpecial Features:
- LalalaDined on 9/6/2014Nice view and food. We were being able to watch sunset during the dinner. The foie gras was wonderful, tender and juicy, as well the veal. Wonderfully experience!Special Features:
- good does not match the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014This restaurant been in the CBOE building for a long time. The food is good but in my opinion not able to match the price. Great view. Absolutely great service.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary at Everest. It was a wonderful evening. The Everest staff congratulated us when we were seated. The sommelier was excellent and helped us pick out an outstanding wine from Alsace. The food and ambiance were outstanding. The courses were nicely spread and made for a relaxed dining experience. Would recommend for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB food and serviceOrangetabbyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Everest sets the bar extremely high for food and service and wows us on every visit. Every restaurant service employee in Chicago should train with Everest; the service is efficient, thoughtful, discreet, polished, yet never stuffy or overbearing. Food is exceptional for this city--do not miss the foie gras, sole meuniere or the vacherin. Each dish is an exercise in culinary technique and gastronomic artistry. It is also refreshing to see demonstrated restraint in the masterful plating of every dish; every so-so restaurant now has swipes of this AND dots of that AND towers of stuff on every plate, which only results in a more-is-more-kitchen-sink type amateur jumble. When you dine at Everest, less is so much more.Special Features:
- Traditional FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/29/2014Living in Loop for over four years, I still cannot believe it was my first time to be Everest. After entering the dining room and see the wine list, I starts to believe that I made a huge mistake not visit here before. The food here gives you the reasons why Michelin gives a traditional french restaurant one star. They have to do that since you cannot pick a bone from here. However, if you want to find a more leisure place, Everest is not too you. It is the best for the one who want to take a traditional dining experience. If you respect their rules, you will enjoy the full menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This was a remarkably civilized experience that we look forward to repeating. The amuse bouches were especially wonderful.Special Features:
- Good but not very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The above title says it all; the ambience feels artificial, would not go there for a romantic evening. Would be good though for a husiness lunch or dinerSpecial Features:
- Très bonqc23Dined on 8/23/2014Everest est un très bon restaurant. La sommelière nous a donné de judicieux conseils afin d'harmoniser le vin à notre repas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room without a viewFreqTravelerVIPDined on 8/23/2014If you sit facing the bar the efficiency and frantic news is really all that you see. Great meal lousy view if you can't see outI would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodLovetodineDined on 8/22/2014This was out first time, and we have a group going back there the end of the month. It was memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great experience at EverestnonoiseDined on 8/22/2014Once again, Everest proved to be a truly memorable dining experience. We arrived almost 30 minutes early for our reservation, yet the staff made us feel immediately welcome and appreciated. I ventured beyond my comfort zone with several choices and was rewarded with new tastes and wonderful flavor combinations each time. Having had the good fortune to eat at several of the greatest restaurants in France, I would place Everest as their equal in food and service and their superior in the spectacular view.Special Features:
- Too smallFowincofDined on 8/15/2014The venue is great if you have a window if not turn and walk away.Special Features:
- Extremely UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was very mediocre and uninspired. The soup (corn!) was flavorless and the pate was like eating an oily piece of fat.
- Wonderful first timeKrisDined on 8/13/2014Lovely setting with a spectacular evening sky. Service was great (thank you, Jennifer and Brenna and others). The food was excellent. I loved the small risotto dish and the palette refresher (Meyers lemon panecotta with strawberry tapioca pearls) in particular. The staff was incredibly attentive and nice. The wine was wonderful. Our travel time was noted by the servers and were accommodated. It was a wonderful first time at Everest. We will be back in the future. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB!andermacVIPDined on 8/9/2014Everything was perfect for a special birthday celebration.Special Features:
- hidden gem/foodies uniteechristmasVIPDined on 8/9/2014cant believe more people do not take advantage of the daily pre theater meal. one of the best values in town first seating 3 course meal for $55.00 on a saturday!!! call for detailsSpecial Features:
- Classic but goodjayjayVIPDined on 8/8/2014Arrived on the earlier side and, the dining room was very quiet, but it did fill up later. It's too bad that this is a forgotten little gem, a throwback to a byegone era of fine dining. You will NOT find small sharing plates, tattooed waiters, or hearth-fired flatbreads. What you WILL find is a very classy continental dining experience. Service was great for most of the meal, all plates arrived at the same time, chairs pulled out. The food was very well prepared with some very interesting combinations and seasonal dishes. Extensive wine list. A bit pricey, but this quiet restaurant is great for a romantic dinner or if you have a business meeting and want to talk. Usually you either get good food or good view, at Everest you get both.Special Features:
- Great food, uncomfortable diningmrs3mDined on 8/7/2014Food was excellent, great wine choices, but the atmosphere was stunted. Waaay too bright, waaay too quiet. You could hear everyone's conversations which made talking uncomfortable for everyone. Good sized restaurant but everyone was crowded into one level. The way the tables were arranged, only 2 or 3 people got a view of the city. The service was great, the menu confusing.(If this, then that but not these two together--crazy) Very attentive staff. Great wine. Did I mention great wine selections? I wish this place was more romantic--dimmer lighting, soft music in background to mask conversation. The food was extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EverestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014The restaurant and the service is amazing! I have only a problem with a nife that was not clean, but it was not a big deal! I recomend for romantic dinners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a lovely meal accented with perfect service. The menu is classic french without being fussy or old fashioned. I would return to have the tasting menu.Special Features:
- RobertDined on 7/26/2014I would put Everest on my top ten list in the Chicago area for Outstanding Food and Excellent Service.Special Features:
- Classic Cuisine, Subtly UpdatedjosephisenDined on 7/25/2014I go to Everest for elegantly simple food and perfect service. It never lets me down. The basic style of the cuisine is Alsatian, with additional notes from many parts of France. Both the conception and the execution of the dishes is outstanding. The servers are friendly and knowledgeable, but never overbearing. If I lived within walking distance of Everest I'd eat there two or three times a week
- You lost me at helloOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014We have been waiting anxiously to dine at Everest. Travel delays required us to really hustle to make our 9:30 reservation. Upon arriving we were told that our table was not ready and that we should wait in the lounge, which was down the hall, past the elevator, through a door into this weird little ex-office with a desktop and a microwave. At 9:55 we were escorted to our table and did have a spectacular, foodie meal. They told us they would "comp" our cocktails to apologize for the delay. That doesn't come close to cutting it. If you are going to aim Everest high, you better have a better plan than marooning diners down the hall for 25 minutes. For $150+per get the table ready, or do the Euro thing of having a real lounge. Anything.Special Features:
- Mediocre based on expectationsSusieDVIPDined on 7/19/2014We went here for my birthday expecting an exceptional dining experience. Maybe our expectations were too high based on reputation and price. The atmosphere was ok with a nice view of the river. It did get noisy at times but not unreasonable. Service was good and for the most part attentive. The biggest letdown was the food. Overwrought and short on delivery. I've had much better at other Chi town restaurants. A good meal but great? Not. If you don't mind spending $100+ per person for meh...Special Features:
- AmazingScchusteaDined on 7/16/2014We celebrated our 20th Wedding anniversary at Everest. The food as well as the service were world class. Great special occassion venue.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceMarshaVIPDined on 7/16/2014We had the most wonderful evening at Everest. The food and service were outstanding and we will definitely return. Many thanks to the attentive, helpful and genuinely caring professions who made our experience.Special Features:
- Night to Remembersew820Dined on 7/11/2014I took my husband here to celebrate his 40th birthday and it was everything I could have hoped for and more! The food was outstanding. Our server, Valerie helped pair spectacular wines. It was an amazing evening!Special Features: