440 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60605Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.everestrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3126638920x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Friday: 5:30 - 9:30; Saturday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jean Joho
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Everest
Soaring above Chicago's skyline on the 40th floor of One Financial Place and under the culinary direction of Chef/Owner Jean Joho, Everest serves some of Chicago's finest personalized cuisine. "Though the restaurant has a spectacular unobstructed cityscape as a backdrop, the food is what commands attention," said Chicago Magazine, which has voted Everest four stars for the tenth year in a row, since Everest opened.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Everest - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Loop ›
Everest reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (104)scenic view (99)notable wine list (86)romantic (84)fit for foodies (80)good for groups (8)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- MagnificenttopeyedocVIPDined on 10/18/2014Unbelievable. Magnificent decor, service, view, food. An experience for a lifetime.Special Features:
- ServiceFoodiemanDined on 10/18/2014the service was inconsistent and very slow. This was a very annoying factor that made the experience far less than ideal and caused us upset and stress. 3 hours with long waits for the server was a big problem because management just didn't have enough help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014A truly wonderful dinner experience of 9 courses with superbly paired wines, wonderful atmosphere and unmatched service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everets experienceJosevargas1Dined on 10/16/2014Incredible attention with an amazing wine list and delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiefromSFVIPDined on 10/16/2014I have been to this wonderful restaurant twice and found both visits to be memorable in terms of the complete experience. The one area where the restaurant fails badly is after dinner when it is time to locate a taxi. The staff calls a taxi service but there is never a taxi waiting when finally making it back to ground level. At the price point of this restaurant, they could surely afford a better departure experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as they think they areOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Huge wine list but very overpriced Food was average, not as special as they claim, and also overpriced Service is amazing, knowledgeable well trained staff Atmosphere is very dull Getting there is not friendly either, 2 elevator rides, poorly marked... Not recommendedSpecial Features:
- Everest is tops!LionessVIPDined on 10/10/2014Amazing view, outstanding staff and elegant ambiance. It comes at a price but worthwhile for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fortunate findOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/10/2014I was in Chicago on business from San Francisco. I really enjoy fine food and am not hung up about eating alone, even in very nice restaurants. The staff was incredibly welcoming, offered me reading materials, and made me feel very much at ease. I had the testing menu with the wine pairings and found it all stunning - of course, it's always nicest to share a meal with someone, but my ability to concentrate, uninterrupted, on everything they served made the experience transcendent. It was probably the most expensive meal for one I've every sprung for, but it was well worth it. I've dined at the French Laundry and many other highly rated California and New York French restaurants, and I'd certainly place Everest in the same echelon.Special Features:
- TennismikeDined on 10/7/2014Very good but not value for money. Wine list 4x retailSpecial Features:
- Unbelievably goodMrPantsDined on 10/7/2014I am in complete awe of the food + service + ambiance at Everest. My wife and I had dinner here on the last evening of our recent stay in Chicago, and I am extremely happy that we did. We arrived quite early, but we were the first diners in that evening; they were happy to seat us right away. It helped that it was a weeknight - the restaurant is not large at all (note: does not feel small, though, thanks to mirrors and the spectacular 40th floor view). If you can afford an expensive ($200-$300+) dinner for a special occasion, please do yourself a favor and go here at least once in your lifetime. In my opinion, the experience and food is worth the price. I don't have room to describe everything but suffice it to say IT WAS AMAZING.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Wonderful food and incredible view. Didn't do the tasting menu but wish wish we had. Outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to reputation!JessicaVIPDined on 10/3/2014Excellent cuisine, excellent wine, beautiful view, and excellent service combined to make our celebratory dinner at Everest a wonderfully memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceMidwesternerDined on 9/27/2014This is a great restaurant. Very high-end. Food, service, wine list all were excellent. A wonderful spot for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014All I can say, one of the best places I've been service-wise & excellent dishes.Special Features:
- Great view and excellent service.shanghaijbVIPDined on 9/26/2014Going to Everest does feel like a time capsule (2014 Michelin Guide review). Entering the desolate Chicago Stock Exchange at night, rising to the 40th floor, and walking the tiny carpeted corridor into the restaurant to finally reach Everest's art deco interiors is its own experience. Food was good but richer than we expected. We made the mistake to take the 4-course menu, which includes 2 starters. That was way too much food for us, we were stuffed, and it altered our food experience. However, service was excellent, and the wine that the sommelier recommended was outstanding. Everest succeeds to be both grand (the view) and intimate (the setting and service). I will go back, but I will choose lighter dishes, and only the 3-course menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the WorldTonyBDined on 9/20/2014Everest meets expectations with food that is beautifully prepared but not ridiculously over the top. Attentive service: we were never rushed and never ignored. We arrived almost a half hour early, but they were delighted to see us and sat us at an excellent table immediately. I had the sea bass as a main course. I generally don't order fish, but this was excellent. The flavor of the fish was not overwhelmed by te preparation, but complimented by it. This included gently sautéed delicate calamari. Appetizers were inventive and ranged from the deeply rich and intense (fois gras) to the delicate (oysters with cucumbers). Extensive wine list with some splits and some 'by the glass.' If you love good food, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occassion GemGGPPDined on 9/20/2014Very nice restaurant for a special occasion. Great service and wonderful food. Seating and view are great if you are by a window. Much less so if you are not.Special Features:
- Ne plus ultraorthoepistDined on 9/20/2014Everest has got to be not just one of Chicago's finest but also one of the world's great restaurants. Civility is the order of the day here from beginning to end. Service by the gracious and unobtrusive staff is well-timed and choreographed, and the food is superb. The Magret of Mulard Duck was the best I have ever had and has set a new standard for comparison. Away from "restaurant row" and trendy, overhyped places that so often disappoint in so many ways, Everest is the real thing. For overall experience - ambience, service, view, and especially the food - this gem of a restaurant gets my highest recommendation.Special Features:
- Family Birthday CelebrationFoodieKarenDined on 9/20/2014We had two children, 7 and 13. We were very worried about how our 7 year old would do. They do not have a children's menu but the chef catered to him. He ate (or at least tried) everything they brought him. Everyone in our group loved there choices and the view was amazing. I highly recommend Everest.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014The food was amazing, the staff was even better. I saw a review that said the staff was stuffy. I found them personable. They performed the wine pairings and really were enthusiastic about their work. My only ding is finding this place. That was a pain and when we left, there was no one to tell us where they put the car. Found it by walking around lot. The window was open with keys inside. That seems reasonable in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!!!PrettyfirstDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I chose Everest to celebrate both of our birthdays, which are within one week of each other. Everest is a perfect choice: elegant, beautiful, delicious, with world class service. I would most certainly recommend this restaurant to others, and we will undoubtedly fine at Everest again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luxury dining worth the high priceTheaterFanaticVIPDined on 9/19/2014The Everest Room is the place to go if you are looking for caviar, foie gras, pricey but delicious food, and a terrific wine list. They were terrific t helping us make our deadline for the Joffrey Ballet -- although it would have been nice to have had more time for a leisurely experience. The view of the city was lovely. Expect a costly tab. If you are prepared for that, you will find it worthy of the expenditure.Special Features:
- Yet another extraordinary nightElleontableDined on 9/18/2014We were the first to the restaurant right when it opened at 5:30, and the restaurant team greeted us knowing what we were celebrating, and sat us at possibly one of the best seats in the restaurant. We were so impressed and grateful for it. Service was outstanding, the food was outstanding, there was nothing I would complain. Restaurant was very classy, upscale, and romantic. What a wonderful night!Special Features:
- RPOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014The room and view are great. The food and the presentation was outstanding. The service was very good but at times we were left with dishes that could have been bussed quicker rather than looking at an empty plate. The staff needs to smile more and be a bit warmer. At times I felt that they really did not want to interact with us. The dining experience is also an educational one for us and without the interaction we felt like it was almost inappropriate to ask a question.Special Features:
- Uber ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014Friendly and Professional. Cuisine not only farm to table, but ocean to table too! Check out the Pre-Theatre offering - Uber Value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatDimitriInBellinghamDined on 9/12/2014Not too impressed after being spoiled by Bouley in NYC ... They were both approximately the same price but, not worlds, but UNIVERSES apart in food, service, and ambience. If you have to be in Chicago, then go to Goat and the Girl.... much more fun and much better food.Special Features:
- AMAZINGNiuniabooDined on 9/11/2014The food was outstanding so good and the wine list was so good. For my boyfriend's birthday they gave a little cake with a candle. Very romantic staff was very friendly. I really appreciate the night.Special Features:
- Consistently the BestGeezerDined on 9/11/2014Everest is our favorite "special occasion" restaurant. Elegant setting, wonderful service, beautiful food. Always a memorable evening.Special Features:
- KayKayRDined on 9/9/2014It was great; food, view, service. An amazing placeSpecial Features:
- LalalaDined on 9/6/2014Nice view and food. We were being able to watch sunset during the dinner. The foie gras was wonderful, tender and juicy, as well the veal. Wonderfully experience!Special Features:
- good does not match the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014This restaurant been in the CBOE building for a long time. The food is good but in my opinion not able to match the price. Great view. Absolutely great service.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary at Everest. It was a wonderful evening. The Everest staff congratulated us when we were seated. The sommelier was excellent and helped us pick out an outstanding wine from Alsace. The food and ambiance were outstanding. The courses were nicely spread and made for a relaxed dining experience. Would recommend for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB food and serviceOrangetabbyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Everest sets the bar extremely high for food and service and wows us on every visit. Every restaurant service employee in Chicago should train with Everest; the service is efficient, thoughtful, discreet, polished, yet never stuffy or overbearing. Food is exceptional for this city--do not miss the foie gras, sole meuniere or the vacherin. Each dish is an exercise in culinary technique and gastronomic artistry. It is also refreshing to see demonstrated restraint in the masterful plating of every dish; every so-so restaurant now has swipes of this AND dots of that AND towers of stuff on every plate, which only results in a more-is-more-kitchen-sink type amateur jumble. When you dine at Everest, less is so much more.Special Features:
- Traditional FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/29/2014Living in Loop for over four years, I still cannot believe it was my first time to be Everest. After entering the dining room and see the wine list, I starts to believe that I made a huge mistake not visit here before. The food here gives you the reasons why Michelin gives a traditional french restaurant one star. They have to do that since you cannot pick a bone from here. However, if you want to find a more leisure place, Everest is not too you. It is the best for the one who want to take a traditional dining experience. If you respect their rules, you will enjoy the full menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This was a remarkably civilized experience that we look forward to repeating. The amuse bouches were especially wonderful.Special Features:
- Good but not very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The above title says it all; the ambience feels artificial, would not go there for a romantic evening. Would be good though for a husiness lunch or dinerSpecial Features:
- Très bonqc23Dined on 8/23/2014Everest est un très bon restaurant. La sommelière nous a donné de judicieux conseils afin d'harmoniser le vin à notre repas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room without a viewFreqTravelerVIPDined on 8/23/2014If you sit facing the bar the efficiency and frantic news is really all that you see. Great meal lousy view if you can't see outI would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodLovetodineDined on 8/22/2014This was out first time, and we have a group going back there the end of the month. It was memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great experience at EverestnonoiseDined on 8/22/2014Once again, Everest proved to be a truly memorable dining experience. We arrived almost 30 minutes early for our reservation, yet the staff made us feel immediately welcome and appreciated. I ventured beyond my comfort zone with several choices and was rewarded with new tastes and wonderful flavor combinations each time. Having had the good fortune to eat at several of the greatest restaurants in France, I would place Everest as their equal in food and service and their superior in the spectacular view.Special Features: