3165 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eventiderestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7032763165x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm- 9:30pm
The bar and rooftop patio are open at 4:00 Tues.-Sat
We now serve Brunch on Sunday's from 10am-2:30pm!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Johnnie Thomas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please visit the Private Party section of our website, eventiderestaurant.com to learn all about our private event capability.
- Private Party Contact: Eventide Events 703-276-3165x2
- Entertainment: Live! DJ JonJon, every Saturday night in the Odd Bar!
- Cross Street: Hudson St.
- Public Transit: Get off on the Clarendon Metro stop (Orange Line), walk up the escalator, turn left and walk about 50 yards up Wilson Blvd. We're on the right at 3165 Wilson.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is street parking all around Eventide as well as a garage two blocks away on N. Highland St. Address is 3033 Wilson Blvd. It's a flat $2 after 5PM.
A word from Eventide
The restaurant features three distinct floors, with the first floor featuring a fun, cocktail-driven 20-seat bar. Three unusual “bump out” sections of the bar make it possible to seat a party of four, not side by side, but rather at a “conversation enabling” semi-circle. The bar area has additional table seating for 40 guests. The second-floor dining room features dramatic royal blue floor-to-ceiling curtains, exposed terra cotta blockwork, and tables of tiger-striped granite and reclaimed ancient Chinese elm. Taking advantage of its high roof line, Eventide also features a roof-level dining terrace, which boasts views of Georgetown and several monuments. The rooftops seating is on a "FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE" basis and only has table seating for 2-4 guests at each table. It is open each year from approximately May 1 to October 15, depending on the weather.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eventide reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)romantic (42)special occasion (40)neighborhood gem (37)notable wine list (21)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (12)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (6)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Brunch With the FolksGoldStandardDined on 10/19/2014Considering my parents are used to brunch at IHOP, taking them to Eventide was an easy slam dunk. The ambiance is perfect for an easy Sunday morning (not too loud or crowded) and the brunch spread is a solid mix of classics and comfort food along with some more unusual but delicious fare. Attentive service rounded things out for the win.Special Features:
- Very GoodJohnseatsDined on 10/15/2014I had read a number of mixed reviews and was skeptical about what to expect. There were five of us -- all foodies, some who had travels around the world enjoying some of the world's finest dining experiences. I should note that I reserve five star ratings for places like the Inn at Little Washington. So, getting four stars means a high rating from me. The We had soup and appetizers -- all very good. For entrees we had the rib eye, the pork, the lamb and the halibut. All were superbly prepared and very well plated. The desert was average, except for the blue berry ice cream which was outstanding. Drinks and wine was what you would expect and service was very good -- attentive, but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Hope your server is on top of itfinediningserverDined on 10/14/2014Gave our full order to the server, which included a round of cocktails to start with. Two of us got our drinks (prosecco) and then we had to wait several minutes for the remaining two drinks- simply makers mark with a twist (nothing time consuming for a bartender like a mojito) A second server came to our table and it was clear that he was double checking all of our orders for every course- it seemed he had trouble with the first guy's handwriting? This was irritating because our orders were right to begin with but given to the prep cook/chef at a later time thus pushing the delivery of the main course to an hour from when we sat down, and yet the restaurant had empty tables and seemed relatively mellow for a Tuesday.The meal took too longSpecial Features:
- FantasticUrbancicadaDined on 10/7/2014Took my parents here for my mother's birthday two days ago. Had a fantastic time. Food was wonderful, service was impeccable, and the dining room is absolutely gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Buffet - DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014Probably best to avoid the brunch buffet after 12pm! We came on a Sunday around 12:40 and had the brunch buffet. I'm not sure if we were getting the last of the brunch items, but the food was luke warm, not hot. The quiche (not sure if it was supposed to be served cold) was cold like it had been sitting there a while. The eggs were kinda watery and warm as well. I've had their brunch buffet before and was impressed, but definitely not this time around.Special Features:
- So So Restaurant at not so so priceSusanDined on 9/19/2014I expected more from than was delivered. The food was very good, cooked to order and received in a timely manner. Where I was disappointed was the service. We did have some stragglers in our party and it was a late reservation, so perhaps the staff was either anxious to get home or that we were not all assembled promptly. But regardless it did show a little in the service, or lack there of. While they were pleasant- we felt somewhat rushed and would have liked to order some additional food/drinks.Special Features:
- very enjoyablefallschurchmomDined on 9/19/2014Service was great; food was outstanding. Portions are perfect - not huge, just enough. Between the three of us we had shrimp and grits (outstanding) steak (outstanding) and chicken (also outstanding). Peach cobbler for dessert - mmmm. Easy to talk - all in all, a very enjoyable evening. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014GREAT place for brunch... and they accommodate for big groups easily. After eating, be sure to check out the roof top bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eventide 👍DenzelMogVIPDined on 9/12/2014Eventide has great food, and wonderful dinning room. Service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet comfortOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/12/2014Another good dinner at Eventide. The vichyssoise was delicious, although the brioche topping could have been skipped with no loss. (Our server told us the topping was black truffle, clearly wrong given its complete lack of flavor). The Caesar salad rolls were an interesting concept but just turned into rolled up Romaine lettuce as you worked your way down. We tried the halibut, the seafood stew, and the shrimp and grits--all were good. We were lucky enough to be upstairs on a quiet night in one of the booths--the most comfortable place in the house.
- Spectacular Rooftop + ViewsChicchickDined on 9/4/2014My friend and I had dinner on the rooftop because we heard it had a great view. The food was okay but the options were much better and more affordable than the downstairs dining room. We did just miss the Happy Hour specials that ended at 7pm unfortunately, because they had some great deals! This was the perfect summer evening spot in the middle of Clarendon - very spacious, quiet and still energetic and almost all of the tables were being occupied. It was simply lovely. Food was ok. I got the chicken entree which was nothing special. I would've gotten the ceviche and or the kale salad if I knew the portions were going to be larger rather than tiny small plates.Special Features:
- Vichyssoise was excellentNotAfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Our whole meal was excellent but for both of us the vichyssoise starter was the most memorable dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance, Service, and FoodhowyalivinDined on 8/29/2014This was the first time we visited Eventide. The second floor where we dined was beautiful---exposed brick, high ceilings, heavy, blue drapes. The service was excellent. Our waiter was extremely attentive and friendly. The food was really good. I highly recommend the pork dish. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- DownhillOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/28/2014Use to be a great place, this mean was a disaster, not well prepared, though well presented. The Caesar Salad was atrocious, horrible taste. The place was empty and service was still slow.Special Features:
- Thoroughly pleasurable experiencediningquartetDined on 8/22/2014Eventide is a restaurant to please all 5 senses, not just the taste buds. Not only was the food delicious, but colorful and artistically presented, texturally varied and perfectly seasoned. The atmosphere is soothing, quiet and spacious with privacy between tables. Our server was attentive and made helpful suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fix the servicewaitingVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had heard that service was slow but we don't like to avoid places based on other reviews. Well, it is true! The dining room was fairly empty and we still had a hard time finding our waitress. Food was good for price but because of waiting we were late for our babysitter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationGoodCook2CriticDined on 8/16/2014It was another family celebration. We wanted to return to Eventide for the dependable great food and quiet surroundings. We were not disappointed. The only evidence of 'noise' was our toddler grandchild getting situated in the high chair; that was brief, and hopefully not an interruption to any other diners. Our waiter was attentive to us all, but never hovering. Typically, I order a seafood selection, but opted this time for prime rib. WOW. Very tender, perfectly cooked to my liking! The shrimp and fish entrees for others were described as very delicious, and my husband was thrilled with the seafood stew! We may not order the fava bean dish again, but it was definitely acceptable. Wine recommendations of server were good, and appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappycamperDined on 8/12/2014Excellent service, good food and quiet enough that you can have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014This is a beautifully renovated building with exceptionally creative decor.Special Features:
- Fantastic Sunday BrunchAndyDined on 8/3/2014The food was great.... delicious with just the right mix of sweet and savory. We ate inside - the second floor dining room is very nice. The pricing was incredible.... $20 for a brunch buffett that was better than many of the areas $30-$50 offerings. We will be back and bring our friends. AndySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great location.HungryMarkDined on 7/18/2014As always, the food and ambiance were terrific! Signature cocktails are a bit on the sweet side. Lemon buttermilk pie was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/12/2014Attentive service and excellent food. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- SamOVIPDined on 7/5/2014The chairs are really comfortable, and the server was really nice on a slow summer Saturday - the prices have just gotten out of whack, and I am not returning
- Good scene, fair foodmdfoodieDined on 7/3/2014Had been to Eventide for a work event and was pleased. This time, not so much. Service was a little slow but fine. Drinks were good, as was their happy hour appetizer menu (good value, but pretty standard fare). For dinner, I found the menu limited, and not quite inventive. I ended up ordering a fried chicken dish with a neat succotash (comfort food). My food arrived with the sides hot, but the fried chicken cooked through but entirely cold (not cool like it sat, not just in the center, whole thing). It was clear they recycled the fried chicken from the fridge. They fixed the issue promptly with a new entree, manager apologized, but did not offer any comp. Good atmosphere, but I think there are better options in Arlington.Special Features:
- Great for date nightRuffianDined on 7/1/2014Lovely setting for special occasions. Don't go if you're looking to fill up. Plates are a bit skimpy but food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Youth Must Be Served or off to NYC.tripchairmanDined on 6/29/2014We met Georgetown Grad as he leaves his first career job for the Big Apple. He loved working DC and living in Clarendon but within a few weeks several opportunities in finance legal work beckoned and with a girl he is enamored with already living there -- well he was New York bound. A roof top fair well with bubbly and Eventide's signature basted egg ensemble and the inventive fish tacos (with a much fancier name which escapes me) and my hearty conventional hamburger, we bid him fare well. Youth must be served and indeed was in a memorable parting atop Eventide on a pleasant sunny Sunday in June.Special Features:
- Very different vibes on each floorJaguar1VIPDined on 6/28/2014Starting with upscale casual on the first floor with the bar and some tables, the atmosphere changes dramatically on the second floor with one of the most attractive dining rooms in all of the DC area (which is befitting of the excellent food and higher-than-average prices). Exposed brick, towering ceilings, 30-foot navy velvet partition curtains and black & crystal chandeliers with suspended black pendant lamps lend to the sophisticated and romantic setting. But the top floor rooftop terrace is decidedly downscale with cheap outdoor tables, almost nothing in the way of decor, uninspired bar food and a small, crowded bar area. Distinct options, so choose according to your mood or you may be disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food but limitedsari34Dined on 6/27/2014The menu here is split between the bar/rooftop menu and the dining room menu. The dining room is beautiful and very classy but the dining room menu is limited and you can't order from the more mainstream bar menu there. Unfortunately, we had a couple of people in our group who couldn't find something off the dining room menu and wanted to order off the bar menu so we had to move to the bar. If you are a foodie and willing to try anything, you will probably love it.Special Features:
- Rooftop...MissMaryDined on 6/24/2014Since there were tables available on the rooftop, we ended up dining there vs. the dining room. It was such a beautiful day, with a nice, Summer breeze. We were greeted with friendly staff, and our waitress was very patient with our questions (food allergies). We had a delightful time and a delicious meal!Special Features:
- The following 1881 reviews are from the Eventide reviews archive.
- Brunch - A Pleasant Surprise!!!terpshootersVIPDined on 6/22/2014I have had numerous experiences here (inside bar, rooftop bar, romantic dining) and all were very good to excellent (although the outdoor patio could be organized much better in terms of standing and sitting areas). I am writing this review based on their BUFFET BRUNCH. At first glance it seemed fairly pedestrian especially when comparing it to the likes of Liberty Tavern. But what I discovered when pulling back the layers is that the food blows away any other buffet I've experienced. As a matter of fact, I would be hard pressed to taste better a la carte. From the egg dishes to french toast to pastries to mac and cheese to filet to fried chicken, everything was cooked and seasoned to perfection. This is our new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Sunday brunchRoyGDined on 6/22/2014We went for Sunday brunch and were very impressed with the selection available, and particularly the very fresh-baked breads and pastries. The French toast was marvelous. Very attentive service for a buffet-style brunch.Special Features:
- mazieFreemanVIPDined on 6/18/2014I have dined at Eventide many times and both the food and service were a little off this trip. Ours was one of three tables so there really should have been no reason for slow service. Nothing was really bad but not great. The shrimp and grits were less than wonderful due to an overly salted gravy. The beet salad would have been terrific except for the overuse of raw beets. Even the biscuits were not as tasty or as large as at previous visits. Our very expensive bottle of wine was not what it should have been. Given our comments about the vintner and vintages we have enjoyed we should have been directed to another wine.
- Another excellent dining experienceClintonVIPDined on 6/17/2014We love Eventide! We use it for business dinners and have done so over the past 2-3 years. On each occasion we have had a superb experience. The food is excellent and without criticism. The ambience is perfect for an informal business setting and allows people to relax as well as to hold a serious discussions.Special Features:
- Perfect dinner date. RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014The service was outstanding! The environment was great, and the service couldn't have been better. I will definitely come there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Evening at EventideOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/7/2014My friends and I had a great time at Eventide. All of our dishes were good: the fried chicken, the steak, and the lobster roll. I like the fact that Eventide seems to change its menu often, so I am always looking forward to trying new dishes. The quiet and elegant ambiance in the dining room allows us to have good conversations without straining to be heard, while the bar downstairs and the rooftop area allow for more lively atmosphere. This is a perfect summer spot.Special Features:
- Birthday with FriendsEatingoutwellDined on 6/7/2014Eventide is a great place to go to enjoy conversation with friends without having to shout! The main dining area is very conducive to a quiet meal! The roof top is great for happy hour and just to hang out with friends! It is of course a bit more energetic but still fun with good food selections! Enjoyed it and will go back in the future.Special Features:
- Bad odor; not cleaneatingoutVIPDined on 6/5/2014There was a horrible odor in stairwell up to dining room and and the bathrooms were dirty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/4/2014Good food, good service and great for after drinks on the roof top. Parking is always a problem. You might consider Valet parking.Special Features:
- RIdinerDined on 6/3/2014While the food was good the service was not. For a restaurant that presents itself as higher end, the service was not as expected. Wait staff had a edge and did not seem engaged. For example the cream curdled my coffee. I asked for new cream. While apologetic the wait staff seemed put out. They also brought out milk as a substitute - which I understand if all the cream was bad - but they should let the customer know before leaving it on the table and walking away. I don't care for it in my coffee and would have canceled the coffee. That is just a small example of several things that made the meal average.
- JohnVIPDined on 6/1/2014Eventide is my favorite place for brunch in metro DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.