3165 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eventiderestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7032763165x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm- 9:30pm
The bar and rooftop patio are open at 4:00 Tues.-Sat
We now serve Brunch on Sunday's from 10am-2:30pm!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Johnnie Thomas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please visit the Private Party section of our website, eventiderestaurant.com to learn all about our private event capability.
- Private Party Contact: Eventide Events 703-276-3165x2
- Entertainment: Live! DJ JonJon, every Saturday night in the Odd Bar!
- Cross Street: Hudson St.
- Public Transit: Get off on the Clarendon Metro stop (Orange Line), walk up the escalator, turn left and walk about 50 yards up Wilson Blvd. We're on the right at 3165 Wilson.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is street parking all around Eventide as well as a garage two blocks away on N. Highland St. Address is 3033 Wilson Blvd. It's a flat $2 after 5PM.
A word from Eventide
The restaurant features three distinct floors, with the first floor featuring a fun, cocktail-driven 20-seat bar. Three unusual “bump out” sections of the bar make it possible to seat a party of four, not side by side, but rather at a “conversation enabling” semi-circle. The bar area has additional table seating for 40 guests. The second-floor dining room features dramatic royal blue floor-to-ceiling curtains, exposed terra cotta blockwork, and tables of tiger-striped granite and reclaimed ancient Chinese elm. Taking advantage of its high roof line, Eventide also features a roof-level dining terrace, which boasts views of Georgetown and several monuments. The rooftops seating is on a "FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE" basis and only has table seating for 2-4 guests at each table. It is open each year from approximately May 1 to October 15, depending on the weather.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eventide reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (53)special occasion (51)fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (37)notable wine list (24)great for brunch (24)vibrant bar scene (19)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (15)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)great for lunch (3)Show More
- DownhillOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/28/2014Use to be a great place, this mean was a disaster, not well prepared, though well presented. The Caesar Salad was atrocious, horrible taste. The place was empty and service was still slow.Special Features:
- Thoroughly pleasurable experiencediningquartetDined on 8/22/2014Eventide is a restaurant to please all 5 senses, not just the taste buds. Not only was the food delicious, but colorful and artistically presented, texturally varied and perfectly seasoned. The atmosphere is soothing, quiet and spacious with privacy between tables. Our server was attentive and made helpful suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fix the servicewaitingVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had heard that service was slow but we don't like to avoid places based on other reviews. Well, it is true! The dining room was fairly empty and we still had a hard time finding our waitress. Food was good for price but because of waiting we were late for our babysitter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationGoodCook2CriticDined on 8/16/2014It was another family celebration. We wanted to return to Eventide for the dependable great food and quiet surroundings. We were not disappointed. The only evidence of 'noise' was our toddler grandchild getting situated in the high chair; that was brief, and hopefully not an interruption to any other diners. Our waiter was attentive to us all, but never hovering. Typically, I order a seafood selection, but opted this time for prime rib. WOW. Very tender, perfectly cooked to my liking! The shrimp and fish entrees for others were described as very delicious, and my husband was thrilled with the seafood stew! We may not order the fava bean dish again, but it was definitely acceptable. Wine recommendations of server were good, and appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappycamperDined on 8/12/2014Excellent service, good food and quiet enough that you can have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014This is a beautifully renovated building with exceptionally creative decor.Special Features:
- Fantastic Sunday BrunchAndyDined on 8/3/2014The food was great.... delicious with just the right mix of sweet and savory. We ate inside - the second floor dining room is very nice. The pricing was incredible.... $20 for a brunch buffett that was better than many of the areas $30-$50 offerings. We will be back and bring our friends. AndySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great location.HungryMarkDined on 7/18/2014As always, the food and ambiance were terrific! Signature cocktails are a bit on the sweet side. Lemon buttermilk pie was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/12/2014Attentive service and excellent food. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- SamOVIPDined on 7/5/2014The chairs are really comfortable, and the server was really nice on a slow summer Saturday - the prices have just gotten out of whack, and I am not returning
- Good scene, fair foodmdfoodieDined on 7/3/2014Had been to Eventide for a work event and was pleased. This time, not so much. Service was a little slow but fine. Drinks were good, as was their happy hour appetizer menu (good value, but pretty standard fare). For dinner, I found the menu limited, and not quite inventive. I ended up ordering a fried chicken dish with a neat succotash (comfort food). My food arrived with the sides hot, but the fried chicken cooked through but entirely cold (not cool like it sat, not just in the center, whole thing). It was clear they recycled the fried chicken from the fridge. They fixed the issue promptly with a new entree, manager apologized, but did not offer any comp. Good atmosphere, but I think there are better options in Arlington.Special Features:
- Great for date nightRuffianDined on 7/1/2014Lovely setting for special occasions. Don't go if you're looking to fill up. Plates are a bit skimpy but food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Youth Must Be Served or off to NYC.tripchairmanDined on 6/29/2014We met Georgetown Grad as he leaves his first career job for the Big Apple. He loved working DC and living in Clarendon but within a few weeks several opportunities in finance legal work beckoned and with a girl he is enamored with already living there -- well he was New York bound. A roof top fair well with bubbly and Eventide's signature basted egg ensemble and the inventive fish tacos (with a much fancier name which escapes me) and my hearty conventional hamburger, we bid him fare well. Youth must be served and indeed was in a memorable parting atop Eventide on a pleasant sunny Sunday in June.Special Features:
- Very different vibes on each floorJaguar1Dined on 6/28/2014Starting with upscale casual on the first floor with the bar and some tables, the atmosphere changes dramatically on the second floor with one of the most attractive dining rooms in all of the DC area (which is befitting of the excellent food and higher-than-average prices). Exposed brick, towering ceilings, 30-foot navy velvet partition curtains and black & crystal chandeliers with suspended black pendant lamps lend to the sophisticated and romantic setting. But the top floor rooftop terrace is decidedly downscale with cheap outdoor tables, almost nothing in the way of decor, uninspired bar food and a small, crowded bar area. Distinct options, so choose according to your mood or you may be disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food but limitedsari34Dined on 6/27/2014The menu here is split between the bar/rooftop menu and the dining room menu. The dining room is beautiful and very classy but the dining room menu is limited and you can't order from the more mainstream bar menu there. Unfortunately, we had a couple of people in our group who couldn't find something off the dining room menu and wanted to order off the bar menu so we had to move to the bar. If you are a foodie and willing to try anything, you will probably love it.Special Features:
- Rooftop...MissMaryDined on 6/24/2014Since there were tables available on the rooftop, we ended up dining there vs. the dining room. It was such a beautiful day, with a nice, Summer breeze. We were greeted with friendly staff, and our waitress was very patient with our questions (food allergies). We had a delightful time and a delicious meal!Special Features:
- Brunch - A Pleasant Surprise!!!terpshootersVIPDined on 6/22/2014I have had numerous experiences here (inside bar, rooftop bar, romantic dining) and all were very good to excellent (although the outdoor patio could be organized much better in terms of standing and sitting areas). I am writing this review based on their BUFFET BRUNCH. At first glance it seemed fairly pedestrian especially when comparing it to the likes of Liberty Tavern. But what I discovered when pulling back the layers is that the food blows away any other buffet I've experienced. As a matter of fact, I would be hard pressed to taste better a la carte. From the egg dishes to french toast to pastries to mac and cheese to filet to fried chicken, everything was cooked and seasoned to perfection. This is our new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Sunday brunchRoyGDined on 6/22/2014We went for Sunday brunch and were very impressed with the selection available, and particularly the very fresh-baked breads and pastries. The French toast was marvelous. Very attentive service for a buffet-style brunch.Special Features:
- mazieFreemanVIPDined on 6/18/2014I have dined at Eventide many times and both the food and service were a little off this trip. Ours was one of three tables so there really should have been no reason for slow service. Nothing was really bad but not great. The shrimp and grits were less than wonderful due to an overly salted gravy. The beet salad would have been terrific except for the overuse of raw beets. Even the biscuits were not as tasty or as large as at previous visits. Our very expensive bottle of wine was not what it should have been. Given our comments about the vintner and vintages we have enjoyed we should have been directed to another wine.
- Another excellent dining experienceClintonVIPDined on 6/17/2014We love Eventide! We use it for business dinners and have done so over the past 2-3 years. On each occasion we have had a superb experience. The food is excellent and without criticism. The ambience is perfect for an informal business setting and allows people to relax as well as to hold a serious discussions.Special Features:
- Perfect dinner date. RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014The service was outstanding! The environment was great, and the service couldn't have been better. I will definitely come there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Evening at EventideOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/7/2014My friends and I had a great time at Eventide. All of our dishes were good: the fried chicken, the steak, and the lobster roll. I like the fact that Eventide seems to change its menu often, so I am always looking forward to trying new dishes. The quiet and elegant ambiance in the dining room allows us to have good conversations without straining to be heard, while the bar downstairs and the rooftop area allow for more lively atmosphere. This is a perfect summer spot.Special Features:
- Birthday with FriendsEatingoutwellDined on 6/7/2014Eventide is a great place to go to enjoy conversation with friends without having to shout! The main dining area is very conducive to a quiet meal! The roof top is great for happy hour and just to hang out with friends! It is of course a bit more energetic but still fun with good food selections! Enjoyed it and will go back in the future.Special Features:
- Bad odor; not cleaneatingoutVIPDined on 6/5/2014There was a horrible odor in stairwell up to dining room and and the bathrooms were dirty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/4/2014Good food, good service and great for after drinks on the roof top. Parking is always a problem. You might consider Valet parking.Special Features:
- RIdinerDined on 6/3/2014While the food was good the service was not. For a restaurant that presents itself as higher end, the service was not as expected. Wait staff had a edge and did not seem engaged. For example the cream curdled my coffee. I asked for new cream. While apologetic the wait staff seemed put out. They also brought out milk as a substitute - which I understand if all the cream was bad - but they should let the customer know before leaving it on the table and walking away. I don't care for it in my coffee and would have canceled the coffee. That is just a small example of several things that made the meal average.
- JohnVIPDined on 6/1/2014Eventide is my favorite place for brunch in metro DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skimpy portionsJediMasterVIPDined on 5/30/2014Wine list is pretty good---a B+. Food portions skimpy. A $30 lamb dish gets you about a 4oz lamb steak and a small slice of lamb bacon. A $25 scallops dish gets you 4 scallops. Shrimp and grits a tad more substantial (but shrimp served with their heads---why??). Aside from the serving side, food was a solid B. This place needs to focus less on pretension and presentation and more on the food. Service was average. Eventide is not going to last too long in the competitive environment it is in unless it steps up.
- Work on ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/29/2014It was a wonderful experience, but I was very disappointed that we sat in a booth right next to the kitchen. I could see servers coming in and out of the kitchen constantly, and it really dampened the overall mood. The noise, light, and movement from the kitchen was very distracting.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningLauraDined on 5/27/2014We celebrated my birthday and it was wonderful. The food is gourmet and everything we had we loved: from the interesting cocktails to the entrees: scallops, ribeyes, seafood stew and the desserts. I don't understand the poor reviews. Some people apparently aren't accustomed to truly good food. Some of the meats are locally sourced. The seasonings and sauces were perfectly proportioned and sizes were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuietOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014You can have a conversation without shouting. You can order without shouting. You can hear the wait staff without their shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DP2014Dined on 5/20/2014Food was good but I would have liked bigger portions for the price.Special Features:
- Wined and Dinedluv2dineVIPDined on 5/20/2014Had a first date here and the chef took care of us himself. Really great time and I have never been so full. It was nice to feel so special. The lamb bacon is very cool and they are working on a new dessert menu. I cannot wait to go there again.
- SaltyJonadan94Dined on 5/14/2014The food in general was pretty salty. Both the fried chicken and seafood were really salty, but most of the appetizers were really good.Special Features:
- Generally a great neakNSochurekDined on 5/11/2014The food was very good, and though we were seated at the end of the brunch period, they kept it out for us for a long time. My only complaint would be that, because they are closed on Mondays, they were running low on supplies and therefore weren't able to do too much in the way of modifications for food allergies. Ultimately, they did cook a piece of fish to accommodate my daughter and she did like it very much, but it took some time to figure that option out (even though there were only 2-3 tables left in the restaurant at that point). I think it would have been easier/better if I had called in the days prior to discuss options in advance, which I plan to do the next time we would eat there.Special Features:
- Brunch beyond brunchbeejpowersDined on 5/11/2014The Sunday brunch at Eventide was something to behold. All the meats are cured, smoked and cooked in house. All the pastries and breads ae made daily in house. The food is all made in small batches which means it rotates through a lot of choices. Some get made again and some don't; so if something looks interesting, don't plan on coming back for it, get it now. I can't wait to go back for the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EventideluvgoodeatsDined on 5/8/2014Eventide never disappoints! I took a good friend who is a very knowledgeable foodie and she absolutely loved it, as did I.Special Features:
- Brunch was a DisappointmentAlexandriaVIPDined on 5/4/2014I have been to Eventide for dinner and it is a very different place compared to brunch. Dinner is fab...brunch pretty sad! Buffet food temperature was shocking. Food was cold, uninteresting offerings and incomplete. French toast was so unheated that it would not even melt butter (which had to be requested and took 10 minutes to arrive). Not all quiches work at room temperature and Eventide offered one of those. Bacon set on an unheated surface at the buffet etc. The staff and kitchen seemed unable to keep synchronization between buffet stations emptying and fresh, temperature appropriate food coming out. While Eventide could be a great place for brunch; it just is nowhere near what you expect...my suggestion would be to stick to dinner!Special Features:
- Disapppointed in brunch experiencebysigVIPDined on 5/4/2014I was disappointed. The restaurants badly needs a facelift. The selection on the brunch table was fair as was the food. I will not return.
- Awesome BrunchShagoldDined on 5/4/2014From start to finish, wait staff to selection and quality of food, it was an exceptional brunch. We will definitely be back.Special Features: