8752 Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theeveleigh.com/
- Phone: (424) 239-1630
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Supper Menu: Sunday-Tuesday: 10:00pm-12am, Wednesday & Thursday: 10:30-1, Friday & Saturday: 10:30-1:30 Eveleigh is pleased to offer weekend brunch Saturdays and Sundays 10am-3pm Reservations are available for Mother's Day Brunch May 8th, 2011 (424) 239-1630
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Jordan Toft
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: With several options for your next special event, Eveleigh is an ideal choice for your next Birthday, Graduation, Rehearsal Dinner, Shower or Business Event.
- Private Party Contact: Kelli 8776725606
Eveleigh embraces a seasonal, local-farm and market driven menu that represents a rustic sensibility, drawing from the influences of old-world European and American country cooking.
Eveleigh's Wine & Spirits offering focuses on classic cocktails, using small batch spirits and a fresh fruit, juices, and house made syrups. The wine program is a smart and concise offering representing the finest grower-producers from California, France, and Australia.
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
- BRUNCHTLeeLooLaVIPDined on 11/16/2014I was there early on a Sunday - 10.30am. The venue is beautiful. We were in the Back Bar restaurant open air area. It has spectacular views and is very peaceful. We left around 12pm when it was getting busy, so I imagine its a hotspot for brunch, but if you want great food, gorgeous pressed juice, delicious coffee, and a relaxing time with a beautiful view, come here early and chill with friends and loved ones. Its DEFINITELY my new favorite spot for Brunch and I will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smug slow and disappointinglilturnupDined on 11/9/2014While it is a beautiful location, I can honestly say this was my least favorite brunch to date. We had four different waitstaff during the 90 minutes it took to get our food. The first waiter was so smug [perhaps unintentionally]. When my 67 year old mother asked for a splenda with her coffee, his response was: 'um yeah..ha we don't do artificial here. Have you heard of organic agave?' I nearly lunged at him. The food was unremarkable and expensive. The drinks came out so slowly that I could have walked next door, had a drink, returned and still not have my mimosa. My sister ordered a cocktail the bartender didn't know how to make, but rather than say that, he brought her the ingredients and told her to do it herself. I was so disappointed
- happytodineVIPDined on 11/7/2014The construction on Sunset makes it hard to get to the restaurant. There is a small valet lot next to it. The place is hopping. The bartender was great! Everyone was really nice. Just crowded. Food was fine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014I liked my waiter and appreciated what he, the hosts, and the valet did to help me with my birthday suprise for my guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time dining here- I love it!EzEatrDined on 11/6/2014What keeps me coming back? I really enjoy the atmosphere; yes it's in the heart of the Sunset Junction but it's far more relaxed than some of the frou frou restaurants catering to that 'Lamborghini crowd'. Eveliegh is for foodies. The menu varies from twists on comfort food to something for the adventurous; staples like Jidory chicken and Lamb meatballs to Sea urchin- your meal can be mild to wild! The staff is obviously well trained on every aspect of the menu items and that means you'll get a good answer when you ask about ingredients or flavors. Maybe they could tell you the name of the chicken that you're about to eat too! So! Come for the variety in the menu, fresh ingredients, outdoor dining atmosphere and killer cocktail list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated, lots of issues, and GUM!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2014Here's the headline: there was chewing gum on one of our plates. Yes, you read that correctly. What we thought was melted cheese was, in fact, someone's chewing gum, on the plate. This followed extremely slow service, at a less-than-crazy-busy afternoon time of 130pm. It took about 15 minutes each time to get the margaritas I ordered. Two of my party's other plates (separate from the gum incident) were wrong -- including my Market Salad, which inexplicably came with tuna instead of salmon... the waiters changed mid-lunch (odd in and of itself) and neglected to tell me of the change until plating. I sent it back and had them make it a steak salad instead -- which took another 15 minutes. Barkeep and door service good. Would not return.
- Great overall. Overcooked burger.TheAstuteSalamiVIPDined on 10/31/2014Eveleigh is a great spot overall. Great space and decor, nice, prompt, attentive service and terrific food. Went with 3 people and we split a bunch of things. Squid, mussels, sea bass, burrata and a burger. Everything was great. My only knock was that they overcooked my burger. And I was greatly looking forward to the burger. But, those things happen. Overall I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Delicious but small-ish portionsDanielleP143VIPDined on 10/26/2014DELISH but portions are rather small, so keep that in mind when ordering!Special Features:
- Friday, 10/24SoCalJonziepicksDined on 10/24/2014Loved almost everything... only complaint was that we felt very rushed to order and eat quickly. We realize that others would have made reservations after us - and we also had a time limit as we were going to a concert. But we all felt rushed into ordering, and then finishing our courses. Overall we were there only an hour and a half for 3 courses - not long. So we were not lingering over conversation or courses - but felt as if we had to hurry up by the staff. Also, we realize that part of the experience of EvaLeigh is to be given some facts/history on menu items and choices. But we almost received too much info on all the choices we could make. It was a lot of unsolicitated info that we really didn't ask for or care much about.Special Features:
- Sunset strip gem.GazelleDined on 10/23/2014Highly recommend the Eveleigh for its great service, welcoming staff, excellent fresh food, beautiful back deck with open roof giving views of the LA sky and evening lights. Such a pretty setting, comfortable and fun.Special Features:
- Dinner in the neighborhoodPacheDined on 10/21/2014Visiting old friends in LA. While staying at the Sunset Tower Hotel, the concierge recommended Everleigh. We had a great time, the vibe was awesome and waitress was nice (nothing extraordinary). The only problem were the horrible hosts and hostess who were too busy talking amongst each other when we arrive to acknowledge us. When one of them finally did acknowledge us, it was nothing exceptional. If Everleigh gets that part figured out - it should be an overall fantastic spot.Special Features:
- Limited but delicious menuHayleyDkVIPDined on 10/17/2014Dinner at Everleigh has always been a fun experience so I was excited to discover this beautiful restaurant was now open for lunch on Fridays. I scheduled a group birthday lunch and then panicked when we got the menu because there were so few items on it and the birthday gal is a vegetarian. We ordered almost everything on the menu and ate it family style so we could all sample each item. Everything was scrumptious. We were all happy. Then I panicked because the only dessert on the menu was a date cake and that sounded horrible. But, when it came out with the candle and we all tasted it, it was delicious and a fabulous change from the standard desserts we usually order. We'd all go back for lunch and recommend this pretty restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Spot on SunsetGermanyDined on 10/16/2014Nice place, great food and nice people with a very good service. We came as tourists with our little daughter and we loved it.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service, Great AmbienceInfromNYDined on 10/15/2014We had a great night at Eveleigh with excellent service from our man Terrell and a variety of dishes that ranged from fantastic to ok. Loved the Grilled Squid and the Grilled Quail. The Lamb meatballs although a popular item, were a bit tough and didn't have too much flavor. The bed of capers and breadcrumbs the lamb sat on, were terrific however. Drinks are great, wine list was good and the sommelier helped pick out the perfect wine. All in all a great evening.Special Features:
- Good Food, Mediocre ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/12/2014This was my first time dining at Eveleigh and I was really displeased with the service. It look over an hour to get our entrees. There were multiple servers that attended to our table, but they were not coordinated. Each server asked the same questions of the previous server and it got frustrating repeating the information.
- italianDined on 10/11/2014Service was worse than horrendous. There was a one hour and twenty minute gap between the first few plates brought out and the second group of plates. The waiter also at the beginning of the meal said we needed to order everything at once in the beginning, despite it being all sharing plates, and that we could not order as we ate --- but that they would course it appropriately. So, they both rushed the ordering and then totally botched the pacing making for a horrible horrible meal. Worst service I have had in memory.
- Good but meat oriented brunchTDATVIPDined on 10/5/2014The brunch menu has only one or two vegetarian options, which is odd for brunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Eveleigh!LeftCoastMogulDined on 10/3/2014Every time I go to Eveleigh, I have a great experience. The place is beautiful and romantic, lively, with a great clientele who all know how to dress great and clearly are there to have a good time. The food is farm-sourced, all house made, and spot-on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Was recommended by a friend. Hard to find but once we did we had a very nice dinner. Nice open setting, great food, great service and good atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Food was not near as well prepared as previous visits.Special Features:
- Atmosphere great, food mediocre.DD2001Dined on 9/22/2014If you are are looking for a nice ambience and food is not important this is a good choice. Server was very good but drinks were so-so and not one dish stood out as exceptional.
- LA Bar/RestauranttwithluvDined on 9/20/2014The outdoor area is really nice. The food was great but nothing over the top. The cocktails were very tasty. The only thing that didn't make sense was to see several empty tables and they made us wait 20 min for our table and they did the same with other customs. I feel as if they wanted to create some kind of "experience" like some other places in LA do, make you wait so there are more people standing around. If I wasn't hungry I might have enjoyed my drink without complaining but my husband and I were starving. I dont expect to see every host and bartender with a fake smiley face but workers here had some kind of snob attitude, our server was great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Dinner on SunsetMGoldenDined on 9/20/2014While the restaurant may be in the middle of scene-y Sunset and you can dine here late, don't let this "in spot" fool you into thinking that they're just that. The food was delicious and the service excellent. Yes, you'll dine alongside beautiful people who are vying to be "seen" but the real gem here is the exquisite patio where you can dine on your own or at a communal table. A gorgeous spot, albeit loud, with exceptional food. I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Poor ManagementOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/15/2014My wife and I have been to this place before and loved it. This past experience was underwhelming. While the food was still delicious, the environment was disappointing. The waiters were pushy, the kitchen was slow, the air condition was lacking, and the noise level was blaring. Any one of these, hey it happens, but all of them together translates to severely incompetent management. It's a shame that such a lovely spot so wonderfully designed with fantastic food is being undermined by poor supervision.Special Features:
- Twinkling Lights above City LightsSLondonDined on 9/13/2014I went to dinner next door to this place, and was so curious about it that the very next night I booked a table here for dinner - it did not disappoint. The ambiance and decor were romantic/chic and the menu was pretty well balanced. I would like to see some more vegetarian options though please!Special Features:
- Beautiful garden food disappointingLsc123Dined on 9/12/2014We had Friday lunch .The menu was posted online with the date. The menu when we arrived was different than the one posted. my husband had the lamb sandwich which was stringy and dry. I had quail because chewy overcooked and fried tomatoes which were greasy. My friend had a salad that was kind of boring. The fries were delicious .the server forgot to get my beer They took forever to serv us even longer to get us the check.I would never go back .Special Features:
- Would not go backHeleneHagemansDined on 9/4/2014Girl at reception did not look at us, made us wait to be seated (I had made a reservation and we were on time). We ordered the steak (to share). We were told it was the last one and it was 33 ounces at $5.50 per ounce. I felt the waitress really "sold" the steak to us and made it hard to say no. When she showed us the steak, it was massive! Then the table next to us (3 people) also ordered a steak and when that was shown at the table it was obviously much smaller than ours. The wine I wanted wasn't available, but a Spanish one, similar I was told, was. Off course this was slightly more expensive then the one we wanted! The steak was $180 and the total dinner (2 pre dinner drinks, bottle of white and steak to share was $400). Not worth it.Special Features:
- disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014our waitress was pretending to be nice but she was actually rude and hysterical. food was quite greasy, the squid, that used to my favorite ever of your restaurant, was unnecessarily spicy and not so good as it used to be. I imagine, u have must changed the chefs? I don't think I'll come back or recommend it to friends anymore
- garden party farm foodie dreamKlabDined on 8/30/2014The ambiance was outstanding, and overall it was a garden party farm to table foodie dream. It was a perfect treat to come celebrate my birthday with a few friends. The wait staff, though sometimes hard to get the attention of, was very pleasant and attractive. Was slightly disappointed that there wasn't even so much as a complimentary strawberry as a birthday treat. I would expect a restaurant of this caliber and price to go a little above and beyond for special occasions in some way. That would probably be my only complaint. Otherwise I had a perfect, classy evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildeForFoodDined on 8/29/2014This is my last shot at Eveleigh. Despite arriving early for our reservation, the friendly hostess quickly sat my date and on a beautiful two top... between two large noisy parties on the deck. Not exactly a great spot for a low-key romantic dinner. She was very accommodating when we asked to be moved. Server was very knowledgeable about the menu and suggested several things. However, I do not understand the draw of this place when it comes to the food. I'm underwhelmed. I really want to love it, but third strike, there are too many other places with more inventive kitchens. Final side note, I get it, you like to squeeze your own citrus juices but I don't get the pretentiousness of not stocking cranberry juice at the bar. It's absurd.Special Features:
- Third Time is Not the Charm.TonyHTonyHVIPDined on 8/28/2014My third trip back to Eveleigh was hijacked by lousy service. Our waitress didn't introduce herself until we had been seated for a good half-hour. Our orders took forever to appear and they were very poorly paced. The food was ok, but not worth the hassle. I won't be back.
- Great service, great foodElevensesDined on 8/28/2014Our waiter was excellent. He knew pretty much everything. Get a seat on the back patio. The front has too much traffic noise from Sunset. All the food was excellent. It was the first time I'd ever had urchin. The thing was still alive on the table watching me eat it.Special Features:
- deliciousnessDrBrendaDined on 8/26/2014Every dish was spectacular and the drinks are always fresh and interestingSpecial Features:
- ExcellentCocoDined on 8/23/2014Perfect service, our waiter was so knowledgable. We took his suggestions and so happy we did. Terrific cocktails! Salmon, flown in that day, was delicious, as was the King Crab. Sea to table and farm to table Sides were equally perfectly prepared. The back patio was very romantic, comfortable, and inviting. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Not goodAgusDined on 8/21/2014We have a reservation at 9:15 pm and we were seated at 9:45 pm. There was very dark outside and we need to use our cellulars to read the menu. The food was good but expensive, it is not a three michelin stars restaurant!!. The wine was very poor and extremely expensive, it seems that the restaurant is too proud of itself. So I would not recommend this restaurant at all.Special Features:
- Fantastic is an understatementTippycanoeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Was visiting West Hollywood an found this gem. Will recommend to all heading to the area and we can't wait to take a trip back. The food was amazing, our waitress was friendly and knowledgable. The court yard is so romantic. 10 out of 10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up sell warningcjackDined on 8/16/2014Love the food and ambiance but hate the hard sell. At least if I'm being up sold I don't want to feel like it. Our waitress talked my husband into a $100+ bottle of wine that taste like apple cider vinegar and then tried to push a $5/oz (yes I said ounce) bone in pork chop on us. Really, I should pay $5/oz for bone??? And don't tell me I have to order everything at once just so you can make sure you turn my table. Take charge of your experience and it will be wonderful. Follow the server's "suggestions" and you will leave feeling robbed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service, will never returnLAfoodieDined on 8/16/2014Held my birthday brunch here. Server was extremely rude. My partner wanted to buy champagne for the table -instead server charged the group & it was too much of a headache to separate checks later. A vegan friend wanted to buy side of tomatoes; server didn't respond, just pointed to a line in menu reading "no substitutions." I protested - that's not a substitution! She wants to PAY for tomatoes to go w/ the overpriced avocado toast. Another patron, not with our party, accidentally bumped into a runner with a tray full of glasses. Rather than apologizing to patron, he blamed him - embarrassed in front of restaurant! When I asked to recommend a cocktail, the a-hole bartender replied "they're all good or wouldn't be on menu." Worst restaurant!
- great drinks, skip dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014I had visited for cocktails before, first time dining. I like the concept of small share plates but I think you need to have a big variety and offer a good value. At $16 to $29 a plate you would expect more than a fist size quail and a small handful of crab. The jidori chicken is the best deal. The padron peppers lack seasoning and the croutons in the kale salad were old. The quail was tasty but alas all-in-all just not a satisfying meal. The drink menu is interesting and they craft a beautiful cocktail and the service and setting are excellent but even if you order 3 plates per person (~$60-70/pp for food alone) or order a burger, which is not my idea of fine dining, you will not leave satiated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrianuVIPDined on 8/7/2014Amaze but be aware of the special steak... it's by ounce and delicious but a simple Thursday night dinner turned into over $100 a person. All that said, hit this up because place is legit.Special Features: