108 East 4th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.euzkadirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2129829788
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Basque, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Fernando Etxeverri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Contact: Voyo 2129829788
- Entertainment: Tuesday nights: Los Hermanos Cintron & Arturo Martinez
A word from Euzkadi
The Basque country (Euzkadi) takes food seriously and so do we. If you have never been to a Basque restaurant - then you have missed out on something special, delicious and well worth the effort. The funky eclectic style of Euzkadi creates an open old worldly feel with plenty of fabulous food, fun and ambiance. Euzkadi restaurant flourishes with authentic home-style tapas, seafood dishes, meat and a vast variety of Spanish wines. On the weekends after 8pm a live DJ provides a more upbeat experience and as the night progresses, so does the atmosphere at Euzkadi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpanish
Euzkadi - Best Restaurants in East Village ›
Euzkadi reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)romantic (11)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (6)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- TuckerTuckerDined on 8/10/2014This place is great. It's quiet and the food is impeccable. The overall feel of the place really brings everything home. I love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backSurfbirdDined on 8/2/2014Delicious food, great service, reasonable prices and a good wine selection make this place a gem. I will absolutely go back here to eat and enjoy the food. Went with a party of four and we must of said "you're going to love this" with almost every plate we got. Yum.Special Features:
- Cute spot in e vilMelemellyVIPDined on 8/2/2014A cute and cozy spot in the East Village. We ordered a few plates and loved the mussels and albondigas.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I celebrated my birthday with a group of 5 at Euzkadi. We had vegans and meat eaters in the group, and everyone was happy! All of the food was stellar. We tried the vegetarian paella, olives, mushrooms, duck meatballs, proscuitto wrapped dates, sauteed shrimp, peppers stuffed with tuna tartare (my favorite), and patatas bravas. The wine and sangria were also very good. For all of this, we paid $50 each, including tip. Amazing!Special Features:
- Great Basque-style tapasmowen09VIPDined on 7/18/2014Came for dinner on a Friday night - had some drinks at the bar while we waited for our table. Great straightforward wine and drink list, excellent service and delicious food. More casual atmosphere then most in the neighborhood. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great TapasFranVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great meal. Recommend the honey croquettes, octopus, anchovies, and shrimp. Ham stuffed dates were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome tapas, live musicSllesVIPDined on 5/28/2014Delicious tapas. Love the beans, mushrooms, tuna and chorizo. Great sangria. Weekly live musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy excellence in Basque tapasPonnVIPDined on 5/19/2014A small, cozy restaurant on a quiet East Village street. The front opens onto the sidewalk for a nice relaxing ambiance. The food is excellent. The ingredients are top notch, and the preparation is authentic. The food and the ambience match up well - neither is fussy, just comfortable and authentic. The prices are also a value. The service is friendly and casual, just the way you want it to be in a place like this.Special Features:
- Great service + nice food optionsNYFoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Great staff, nice ambiance - good date spotSpecial Features:
- The following 397 reviews are from the Euzkadi reviews archive.
- paris27Dined on 4/26/2014I have been here several times and have never been disappointed. The food is always good, the service is friendly and attentive and the atmosphere is great for dinner with friends. The garlic spinach and the duck meatballs are superb!Special Features:
- NEIGHBORHOOD GEMTRAVELGIRLVIPDined on 4/19/2014a nice place to have a good meal with excellent service. very friendly and neighborhood-y vibe. had the fried potations and pesto chicken apps - both delish. actually went quite well together. excellent red wine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, gracious hostOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2014Been here twice and will come back. Food is great, have tried about 8-10 different small plates and liked every one. Perhaps the best aspect of the restaurant is the attentive host who is gracious, warm and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas and Flamenco musicHavepreferencesVIPDined on 4/17/2014We've been to Euzkadi on several visits to NYC and are never disappointed. This time we hit it on Thursday when they had a Flamenco band-wonderful! The service is excellent and the tapas transport you straight to Spain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmmJ3s2l1Dined on 3/21/2014Had the croquetas, the albondigas, the patatas bravas, and the Spanish omelet. Excellent food and good value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great, girls' night out dinnerBoodibaDined on 3/14/2014I picked Euzkadi because I wanted tapas AND vegetarian friendly. I was in a group of 4. I'm vegetarian. Two are pescatarian and one carnivore. I can't say how the fish & meat dishes were, obviously. I just thought the vegetarian selections could've been better. For example the sauteed spinach was just bad, but I ate a lot of it because it arrived later, when there was only bread & non veg options. But the staff was warm & attentive and the room is cozy. This was my 2nd time in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Basque Restaurant in LES-NYCGrndrBoyVIPDined on 3/7/2014If you love Basque cooking Euzkadi is still one of the best! Very good service and not too high a noise level, except for a group of women at the next table who's extra loud talking and laughing caught the evil eye of many diners; however, the ambiance improved significantly when they left early in our meal. The exquisite menu of small plates lets you taste a variety of dishes and flavors, all delicious - grilled octopus, seared scallops, seared steak, roasted lamb, each in a wonderfully delicious sauce. The piece de resistance was the dates stuffed with artisan cheese and almonds, wrapped in Serrano ham - a wonderful mélange of flavors to die for (and I don't usually eat dates-may need to rethink that). We'll definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it so much I took out of townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2014I've been here plenty of times before. I always bring someone new with me because everyone should try these tapas.I've never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- Tasty tapasLadyDinahDined on 2/24/2014Two of us enjoyed a meal of various tapas and a glass of wine. Welcoming candles and roses adorned the tables. The gracious server brought two tapas at a time, then swapped our plates and utensils for clean ones before bringing the next two tapas. All the food was delicious and warm, even though it was freezing cold outside! We went on a Monday after work to take advantage of their Monday special of 25% off tapas and $7 wine - thank you for that! The décor is a recreation of the prehistoric cave paintings at Altamira, so very unique. There were only 2 or 3 other people there when we were, so the vibe was very low key, which was fine by me, and very relaxing. I'd like to return on flamenco night to enjoy more tapas and the music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2014We went the night after Valentine's Day, and thanks to lots of snow, had the place nearly to ourselves. The food was wonderful, from the octopus to the mushrooms to the desert and even the coffee. It's a really charming place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisingMichaelDVIPDined on 2/7/2014A neighborhood quite authentic Spanish restaurant with fine food , nice portions and unique selections. The Tortilla with chorizo is amazing as are the sautéed mushrooms. The pork loin and octopus should not be missed. Definitely worth finding this out of the way spot in town.Special Features:
- Great food, disappointing attitudeSue123VIPDined on 1/5/2014Until yesterday, Euzkadi was one of my favorite restaurants--but sadly, this may be changing now that there is new ownership. Yesterday I went for my birthday, expecting to use a Livingsocial deal--but a sign on the door said that Livingsocial coupons were NOT accepted. When asked why, the owner cited a payment dispute between himself and Livingsocial. I felt that saddling the customer with his problem with Livingsocial was not OK. I ended up using a Travelzoo coupon--but a Travelzoo "tax" (separate from the usual NY tax) was added to the bill, something I have NEVER seen before. The food was, as always, excellent. But I hope the new owner modifies his concept of customer service, because this definitely put a damper on my special day.
- IFFYchefmecheVIPDined on 1/2/2014We have always loved this place and enjoyed introducing new people to the delights of quail in chocolate sauce. Apparently there is a new owner who is quite lacking in the qualities of a good host. We did not feel particularly welcome and favorite dishes have been removed from the menu. The waiter Eddie made up for our disappointment by giving us great service. We are informed that the menu is under revision. We wondered why anyone would tamper with a winning formula. The place was always packed. Now it was empty. We will give it one more chance and see what this "new menu" is like.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas on a blizzard nightOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/2/2014wonderful and diverse tapas. the dates are amazing!!! Our waiter Eddy made the evening even better with great recommendations for wine and food, and super attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful TapasKatieVIPDined on 12/26/2013The best tapas I've had in a long time. Mussels and scallops were cooked perfectly. Potatoes and chorizo were super tasty.Special Features:
- Not a bad tapa in the bunchdeliusfanVIPDined on 12/22/2013We cut a swath through this menu ordering way too much food, but everything was simply delicious, from the lovely fried goat cheese balls with honey, to the duck meatballs, to the sauteed spinach, to the grilled calamari, etc, etc. It was all wonderful. We jokingly said we hated everything and would have to come back and try a bunch more things to finally find something we liked! Oh, and the dessert of fried truffles with ice cream was great ender, too! Happy exploring...Special Features:
- We had a group of 6, eachEllenDined on 12/21/2013We had a group of 6, each of whom had different pallets. The tapas menu filled the bill in providing us with some vegetarian, seafood and meats tastes and then we topped them off with a paella dish. The dishes were flavorful and fun to eat. The atmosphere was lively but we weren't rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013This was a risk for us as we had never been to Euzkadi and didn't have a recommendation from friends but it turned out great. The best part of the evening was special attention from the staff and owner - very personable, friendly and pro! And the food was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!ec213Dined on 12/11/2013My best friend and I still aren't sure what happened... we went to Euzkadi once before, about a year ago, and it was good, but then when we went again recently it was AMAZING. Not sure if the menu/chef changed or if we just ordered better (tapas: chorizo, lamb, white beans/chickpeas, duck meatballs, grilled tuna) but _highly_ recommend this place! Delicious, complex flavors, friendly service--and it wasn't too crowded the night we were there (maybe on account of the cold weather, which is a pity if so because it's PERFECT for cozying up in on a cold night!). I am not usually this rapturous in describing restaurants--our meal really was terrific, and the unpretentious ambiance made for a much-appreciated escape from holiday/family stress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/9/2013A friend recommended Euzkadi, and it has not disappointed! We have been twice so far. My favorite item is definitely the goat cheese and honey croquettes. I could order 2 of those and be happy! The red sangria is also very good. I would definitely recommend Euzkadi to anyone that enjoys tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great post-Stomp restaurantEricDined on 11/24/2013I found this restaurant on Open Table, looking for a place to eat after seeing Stomp. The reviews were good and we agree. They don't have a significant street presence, so we would have missed it if not for the reviews. We ordered 6 different tapas for 4 people (if we were really hungry, we probably would have wanted a couple more dishes). All were very good. The owner was very kind and treated us well. Definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ATM?LaurkellygVIPDined on 10/30/2013The food was good, the service was good, we were completely satisfied (food came quickly and was the perfect temperature - not always the case). Unfortunately we asked for the check and it was only after I put down my credit card that we were told that they were not accepting anything but cash at the moment. "Luckily" the laundromat next store had an ATM we were advised to use, but we should have been told earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday Nights, Awesome TimeChrisVIPDined on 10/29/2013Every Tuesday they have live music. Make a reservation you will have a fun time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NIGHT IN BASQUE COUNTRYchefmecheVIPDined on 10/26/2013Friendly gracious service, interesting small plates of food, easy to construct a multi-course meal that holds your attention.
- excellent TapasjglebeVIPDined on 10/17/2013Everything was very good especially dates wrapped in ham. YummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2013100% delicious pintxos, no disappointments. On this our second visit, we again ordered the phenomenal bombas de queso de cabra (fried goat cheese balls drizzled with honey) and the pulpo a la brasa (grilled octopus) - both were fantastic. We also got the sauteed mushrooms with almonds, the squid with leeks, and possibly the best platter of patatas bravas I've had. The sangria was great, too. The service here is great as well - attentive but never obtrusive. We'll keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Basque tapas. TheFernandoDined on 8/24/2013Excellent Basque tapas. The portions are more than plentiful, and very, very flavorful. The only thing I didn't like was where I was seated there wasn't much room for people to walk behind me and I kept getting bumped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought their veggie andpearlnycVIPDined on 8/7/2013I thought their veggie and fish dishes were better than their meat onesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Yummy!FoodFanVIPDined on 8/1/2013Great restaurant! A nice night so all the windows were open. Have to know about it to find it, it's very small but it was a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/27/2013Everything was great, service was excellent. We had a baby and Mariana got us a high chair from the restaurant next door. The food was delicious as well. The only thing negative thing I would is the built in gratuity. We had a coupon which included 5 tapas, 2 coffees, 2 desserts & 2 after dinner drinks. We didn't have all the coffees and I don't drink alcohol....but the gratuity is and set 20% of the full price of everything which came out to $25. I thought that was a bit much. Like I said, everything else was great and we would go back w/o coupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Time!FoodieGalDined on 7/9/2013We were a party of 6 and we were accommodated very well on a mid week night this July. Live flamenco music was just the right touch for our group celebration. The white/red combo sangria was tasty and food was right for the price. Overall a fun night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.