1227, rue de la Montagne
Montreal, QC H3G1Z2Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.europea.ca/
- Phone: 5143989229
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 1:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jerome Ferrer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Catering: Cheered in TV shows and through his culinary books, Jérôme Ferrer and his team present The Europea signature catering service, an amazing package for you cocktails, buffets or special events that will change this special occasion in a outstanding experience.
As well, live a unique moment by reserving our "chef à Domicile " service : The Europea experience in your own home with our chefs and waiters.
- Private Party Contact: cécile kilidjian (514) 397-9161
A word from Europea
Restaurant Europea has become an essential spot on Montreal scene, a gastronomic "rendez-vous" rich in colour and flavour. Flattered by all the gourmet critics, you will share an outstanding experience offered by the creative and modern cuisine of Chef Jérôme ferrer and his 22 chefs team. (named chef of the year, restaurant of the year, "maitre cuisinier de France"Continued
An unforgetable moment in a charming Victorian mansion in the heart of downtown Montreal ...When the cuisine becomes an art!
An unforgetable moment in a charming Victorian mansion in the heart of downtown Montreal ...When the cuisine becomes an art!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Europea - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Europea reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)fit for foodies (62)romantic (51)notable wine list (47)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (8)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- One of the BestRhettDined on 9/19/2014Europa was one of the best and most unique restaurants we have ever visited. The 10 or 12 course tasting menu was fabulous! The portions were just right where you were quite satisfied yer not stuffed! The wait staff was fantastic. I just cannot say enough great things about this restaurant. I wish I visited Montreal more often so we could dine there again and again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014This is an exceptional restaurant. At least part of its appeal is based on the continuing taste experiences. if you only order a main you must eat the tastings because you will go away hungry. Once or twice this place will provide a wow factor but after experiencing it you may not have an urge to repeatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningFoodiesVIPDined on 9/13/2014We chose Europea because of the reviews and ratings on Open Table and Trip Advisor. The food and service were a treat. The "theater" that came with the service was cute, but you know they must have done their tricks a thousand times. The ambiance would have been all out awesome if the noise level was lower and the staff wasn't rushing up and down the curved staircase the entire evening. If we hadn't been to other fine dining establishments in our week in Montreal, Europea would have been 5-star across the board.Special Features:
- ED64Dined on 9/1/2014My husband and I have been to Europea twice and have enjoyed it both times. The service, food and atmospher are spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceRose3lilyDined on 9/1/2014Europea is always nice Fine table, good wines , perfect care for the customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant!!MarieJeanneVIPDined on 8/28/2014Beautiful restaurant, the food is excellent and the presentations are very original. Europea is an experience that is worth trying!!! Highly recommended to everyone who enjoys good food and great ambience !Special Features:
- For a new experienceBeKindnRewindDined on 8/26/2014Went to Europea for the first time and had the "degustation", a 12 course sampling. This was a fantastic choice - the variety and creativity in the food was incredible. Everything from the presentation of the food to the service added greatly the overall feeling that this is a new and memorable dining experience. Thank you to Europea for a fantastic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GimmickRafNY1Dined on 8/22/2014Went to Europea on recommendations from friends who had been before.My wife and I had done tastings in other fine dining restaurants. And while you never walk away stuffed,the food is usually amazing, and you're definitely content.We did the Chef's tasting (without wine pairing.) It seemed all a little too silly and none of the food was GREAT, just good.After 15 minutes, I don't need a fake book the size of a bible that opens up to smoke (which smelled great) only to look inside and see a bite of food smaller than a Ferrara Rocher chocolate. Only to wait another 15 minutes for the next plate.After 14 courses and a few bites they through in there (which were nice treats) we really weren't blown away OR full. And that's with a few drinks.
- fantasticSwissreviewerDined on 8/21/2014Worth the high prices. Service was super. Highlight of our trip to Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable eveningFoodieCoupleVIPDined on 8/19/2014Everything about our dinner at Europea was under-promised and over delivered. The little surprises that kept coming between courses, the amazing food and the constant - without being intrusive - attention from the staff. To illustrate how far they went in customer service, we declined dessert because of time constraint, so they prepared and handed us a box containing a set of "surprises" to take home and did not charge us. I would say their only issue is their prices. But one cannot offer that level of service without a price to match.Special Features:
- Wow...what an experience!CeezVIPDined on 8/18/2014Not only was the food amazing, the presentation, the quality, the staff, the complete experience was above and beyong what I expected. Its an experience one doesn't understand until they have tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionsbteeDined on 8/14/2014Expensive but worth it. Excellent food. Excellent presentation. Special vegetarian menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative PresentationGregDined on 8/14/2014We did they tasting and besides the food being excellent, the presentation of the food was great and this made each course interesting. It was a culinary vacation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Went there for our 20th anniversary dinner and it was incredible. The food, the presentation, the service, the extra attention to us for our anniversary were all amazing. Each dish was like a work of art. We were wowed by all the mini-surprise courses between dishes that were stunningly creative. My husband thought it was the most memorable meal of his life. We have eaten at Toque, Maison Boulud, Club Chasse et Peche, Hovey Manor but Europea is in a class by itself. I think they should have a Michelin star.Special Features:
- Destination restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/11/2014Europea is wonderful in all respects. The food, of course, is outstanding, as is the presentation. The wait staff is well-trained, friendly, and personable, and yet not obtrusive. Europea would be a top restaurant in any of the food capitals of the world. It will bring us back to Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than expecteddiningcoupleDined on 8/8/2014Much hyped. There was too much of a theatrical element to the presentation and not enough emphasis on attentive service and food quality.Special Features:
- A ne pas manquer!BrigitteDined on 8/8/2014Manger à l'Europea c'est une expérience en soit... Un service hors pair et mille et une petites attentions vous y attendent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EUROPEAbenevestDined on 8/6/2014best and number one restaurant in montreal. super restaurant wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceJeanPierreDined on 8/5/2014C'est la cinquième fois que nous allons à ce restaurant. Les mets sont tout simplement délicieux. Cela dit, la description rapide et mécanique dans la présentation des plats choisis et la rapidité du service en général nous donnent l'impression que certains serveurs exécutent une tâche contraignante et routinière. Le plaisir de la table devrait s'accompagner du plaisir à décrire les plats de façon à aiguiser l'appétit des clients. Sinon le service est courtois et froid.Special Features:
- One of the best!AlainvinoDined on 8/1/2014Third visit at Europea and I still Enjoy it. Excellent food quality served with attention to details, great explainations by the serving team and an outstanding mix of flavor and good texture. This visit was for my wife ´s birthday: already looking for the next occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience ever!KarebearDined on 8/1/2014We have been to outstanding restaurants all over the world & europea was the best dining experience by far! The creativity, food quality, service was impeccable! Definitely recommend the prix fix menu & plan to spend an evening there, as it truly is a "dining experience"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!BrianDined on 7/26/2014Starting off with 6 complimentary, unique and delicious appetizers set the stage for an amazingly great meal. My veal was so tender the knife might as well have been there for decoration.Special Features:
- AmazingCityview14Dined on 7/25/2014Perfect special occasion place in Montreal. We went to celebrate our birthdays and it was one of the greatest dinners we have ever had. The tasting menu and wine flight was fantastic. They made special accommodations for my non-meat eating friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBedm64Dined on 7/24/2014Everything was absolutely perfect, food, ambiance , the people. Very nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!FluffysunshineDined on 7/20/2014We were there for a special occasion and the service was excellent. We had the Menu Degustation and they did not disappoint. The original presentation of each dish made it worth every penny! Beautiful setting and delicious food. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One time eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014The food was good and exciting. Fairly expensive and just a one time experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A exquisite culinary journeyallaboutfoodDined on 7/9/2014Europea was one of the best dining experiences of our lives. The food was exceptionally good, the presentation unique and very special plus the wine was excellent. Our wait staff could not be more accomodating or professional. The wonderful journey with the chef's surprises was another bonus. An evening well spent. Can't wait until our next trip to Montreal. Worth every penny! 07/09/14Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World-class mealBethesda123VIPDined on 7/6/2014This was one of the best meals we have ever had (we live in the DC area, so have good meals frequently). An absolutely awesome experience! Next time we're in Montreal, we'll be back.Special Features:
- Never DisappointingFredJDined on 7/6/2014This was our 5th visit to Europea - a must do whenever we visit Montreal. The menu is updated periodically - currently featuring seafood - with new surprises in the presentation. We always order the "3-course" Discovery menu. Don't let the name fool you - you will probably end up sampling surprises and extras totaling about 16 items. Allow a minimum of 2 hours for dinner - more if you order the larger menu and wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montreal's Best - By FarBazzclanDined on 7/3/2014A memorable meal that left Toque in a distant second place. The tasting menu was a brilliant merging of traditional and nouveau cuisine with a dessert array that was indescribable; the meringue gift to take home was a fond memory the next day of a truly incredible meal. From the cheese cigar offered in a traditional box, to the wood-chip fumes emitted from another culinary surprise, to the clay-encrusted squab, broken by the patron at the table, the meal was entertaining, humorous and exquisite at the same time. A Chef with immense talent and a sense of humor to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehhhOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014I was not very impressed. The entrees were mediocre at best. When you factor in the excessive price, this place is way overrated. They attempt to wow you with some cheesy presentations, but they failed to mask the fact that the centerpiece of the meal was not great. We visited at least three other restaurants in Montreal with better food for a third of the price. Something doesn't add up....Special Features:
- A series of wonderful surprises!TomCTDined on 7/3/2014The food was fabulous, the presentation superb. The service was impeccable. But the little unexpected treats between courses were delicious and presented with flare, and truly made the whole experience very special! Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING EXPERIENCEisabelDined on 7/2/2014We spent a nice time full of delicious surprises , with an excellent and warm service and principally the taste and creativity of a unique chef . You must say hello to Jean Tauhiro the restaurant manager , he really knows his job ! You can not miss in your next visit to Montreal this welcoming, and Cozy place. And before you leave a visit to the kitchen !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDanCDined on 6/28/2014An excellent evening of great food and wondeul service. Highly recommended for anybody that appreciates good food.Special Features:
- rmkwDined on 6/25/2014Everything was outstanding except for the food which was just good to very good. We have eaten there several previous times and this time the food did not "wow". We had the menu de degustation and I felt that the food was overworked and at times lacked seasoning. A lot of effort was spent on exceptional presentation and theatricality which was most appreciated but the food was not exceptional. I would recommend the restaurant but with some reservation.Special Features:
- A dining experience to be sureCandyDined on 6/20/2014Firstly, do not go there if you are not prepared to pay a premium for your dining experience. That said, the experience is fabulous! The food, presentation and preparation are brilliant, but the service is not stuffy, and refreshingly friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been therebjgmmVIPDined on 6/20/2014Very good. Would recommend to those not concerned about price. Would also suggest going a la carte or lower tier tasting over top tier tasting. The view of the kitchen was worth asking for (table 101 is better than the counter under the stairs) and the chef does run a good show and his able crew were quite happy and supportive. In my book he gets as much credit for building the team as he does designing the food.Special Features:
- snedDined on 6/20/2014We visited Europea to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. The food, the service, the little surprise presentations of food tastes, were wonderful. It was truly a never to forget experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emmanuleDined on 6/14/2014We had made reservations months in advance, as this was rated so highly. Upon being seated, we became aware quickly of a screaming child at the next table. We asked the hostess if we could have another table and she informed us none was available. At that point, we decided it was better to leave than spend what was supposed to be a romantic, seven course dinner with children screaming. To the restaurant's credit, they did find another table upstairs and we enjoyed a whimsical approach to fine dining. The 50 minute wait for the check was a sad ending to the evening. With there being so many fine restaurants in Montreal, we will wait several years to go back.
- Still amazingCharbluVIPDined on 6/13/2014Simply the best experience in Montreal. This was our second time and i would of simply wish that they would have changed some of their complementary hors d'oeuvre to keep the magic aliveSpecial Features: