782 Center St.
Ludlow, MA 01056Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.europaludlow.com/
- Phone: 4135476443x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Steakhouse, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Mike Rodrigues
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us make your next event memorable. With over 30 years experience.
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment every Fri and Sat
A word from Europa
Welcome to Europa"s Black Rock Grill. The ultimate interactive dining experience, we present your meal cooking on our volcanic rocks at your table. You can then enjoy a meal freshly prepared and cooked to your personal taste. We also offer full service catering and banquet space. Eat......drink....relax....celebrate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Europa - Best Restaurants in Ludlow ›
Europa reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent food and servicejjc63Dined on 10/12/2014Both seafood food were excellent with great portions of pasta and seafood. Service was excellent and attentive. Great for all occasions.Special Features:
- Not amazingNotamazingDined on 9/19/2014The food was good, but my husband wanted to try the hot stone dinner because on the menu it said interesting and amazing. He said it was interesting but definitely not amazing. You are given this rock that is 700 degrees, which you could get seriously hurt from if touched. If we wanted to cook own on food we would have stayed home. Our waiter was new and had no idea on the food and could not answer any of our questions, which makes me wonder what kind of training he received. For the price we paid for everything we won't be back, it wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- Lunch for 4PJnSJDined on 8/10/2014Sunday lunch, so dining room lightly attended; most folk were in less formal area past bar. Lamb chops & Portuguese Martini Scallops both good; sirloin burger medium rare, exactly per order. Kale soup was mild; recipe I hadn't had before and not as spicey as I am accustomed to. The chorica wasn't cooked into it; rather sprinkled in as a garnish. Desserts were very good, Portuguese flan and a cookie-based cheesecake-like item were especially good (too bad Europa doesn't post their desserts on online menu). Relaxed atmosphere; service a bit slow. 4 of us converged from CT, MA & NH because nice website & location conveniently off/on MassPike (exit7). We would return to try dinner. Nightly specials looked very tasty (I like Portuguese).I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMangia628Dined on 7/31/2014This was our second visit. We used a Groupon certificate. The service was wonderful. The food was excellent. Europa is a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 59 reviews are from the Europa reviews archive.
- UnderwhelmedlovetoeatDined on 6/21/2014I recently went to this restaurant because I got a Groupon for nearly half off. Good thing because I would have been really upset if I had gone and paid full price. Cooking on the hot stone is a pain in the butt/takes too long, while your sides sit and get cold. The sides were bland and overcooked. The beef I got for cooking was ridiculously oversalted (and I like salt). The dessert, supposedly a flourless chocolate cake/torte, was bizarre and not what I expected. Ordered 2 coffee drinks for dessert, and they arrived 10 minutes apart in completely different sized cups! The restaurant wasn't very crowded, yet the service was very slow. I won't be going back.
- Experienceluv1grouponDined on 6/15/2014A good experience overall (family of 4). It took a little longer than I'd have liked to get our dinner (we waited about 1/2 hour between apps and our meal). The food was very good. The filet mignon was fun (it came on a stone to cook it myself!) My only real disappointment was with the groupon. The 'fine print did NOT state 'soup or salad is NOT included with the groupon.' I was very disappointed because the groupon's value was up to $140 for the total meal. Entres INCLUDE soup or salad; therefore, I felt like I was NOT getting the full value of the meal as a result. I brought my disappointment to the waitress who said she would share it with management, but not another word was said about it, so I left there feeling disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EuropaSa26Dined on 6/13/2014We got there a few minutes early and they seated us right away. Kim, our waitress was excellent! The food and service was exceptional. We definitely will go back and recommend Europa to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMBJK39Dined on 6/3/2014The hot stone with filet mignon was one of the best steaks I have ever had and also they have the best martinis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsunsureDined on 5/31/2014We read a lot of review that mentioned bad service but raved about the food... so we thought we would still give the restaurant a whirl. We had a rough start to service. There was a delayed at the hostess station and drinks took a while. Once we got our drinks service seemed to start flowing fine. Our waitress was attentive. Appetizers were delicious but then our entrees came out before our soup and salad. My husband asked about his soup and my salad wasn't mentioned. I got a Sea Bass special and picked out about 7 bones before I gave up on the dish- flavors were good; it was just too much work. I've never had Sea Bass Steaks- so I don't know if this is common. I was just surprised by it. My husband loved his entree- Gorgonzola Steak.Special Features:
- europaeuropaDined on 5/17/2014I ordered my steak medium and it came out well-done. They cooked another one but by the time it came out the rest of my group was almost done eating. four out of seven of us cut the ribeye special and we all agreed it was very fatty
- Out-of-the-way find!UncleBuckVIPDined on 5/14/2014The menu was diverse, the food was very good, and the selection of craft beers was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mother's Day DinnerRobDDined on 5/11/2014We visited for the first time for Mother's Day dinner. The food was excellent, and we all had a really great time. The waitress was friendly, helpful, and very on top of things. We felt very comfortable as a family here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!LindalovesfoodVIPDined on 5/9/2014Friendly and enthusiastic service greets you at this plain but pleasing place just north of Ludlow, plenty of parking, and popular with groups and families, I took my daughter here for a celebratory dinner. We loved the calamarie, crisp and tender,the kale soup was homey and delicious, but the filet mingon served on a 750 degree heated slab of volcanic rock was superb. The cooking of slices of steak takes a little practice but is well worth the effort. Mashed potatoes and sautéed squash were simple but good. Flour less chocolate cake was a great ending.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals which varied between Portuguese and American. Each one was cooked perfectly. The waitress was ver attentive and helpful. The cost was much less than we anticipated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Experience at Europa4FriendsDined on 4/26/2014Very impressed with service and menu. Their menu contained gluten free items too. Will return now that it's on our favorite list. Excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs polishingPatDDined on 4/24/2014Met a friend for dinner. Ordered a Negroni, which the waitstaff had never heard of. I told her the bartender would know. Then informed that they didn't have Campari. We ordered appetizers from a big selection. They were all good. Ordered a glass of Zinfandel from the wine list for dinner. It was nothing special and overpriced. The main course was fine. Ordered a cappuccino finally. It was horrid and didn't look right. I had to convince the waitress of that fact. Turns out they made it with buttermilk by mistake. They seem to make good food, but they need to attend to other details that improve the dining experience. Lots of people drinking beer at the bar, two parties in the dining room should tell you something.Special Features:
- Best for seniorsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Seniors and food buffet diners will have a great experience here
- Going in the right directionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014On our first visit to this restaurant we found a kitchen that is headed in the right direction. The waitress cared about our dinners and was very nice. Europa has the potential to be quite good--live music, a good menu and owners that care.Special Features:
- Very good entree'sSomersiteVIPDined on 2/23/2014We had a pan seared salmon and a paelha and were very impressed by them. They looked gorgeous and tasted wonderful. There was enough paelha that we had it again the next night. We also tried a salad and their kale soup. The kale soup was bland and disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentines day dinnerJohnDined on 2/14/2014You could tell the staff and restaurant were not used to a full house, but they managed ok. Took awhile to get a drink from the bar while we waited for our reservation...set up of bar upon entrance, with NO place to comfortably wait for a table is a total miscue in my opinion, a candidate for a 'bar rescue' episode. Food was ok and tasty, a little pricey in my opinion...ordered a dish that had lobster in it. Meal for 2 was served with the lobster shell still intact (in pieces though, ). Asked waiter for a metal pick to remove lobster..he informed me they had none, brought me a toothpick! Waiter Chris was very good, polite, prompt and infomative. Atmosphere nothing special.
- Tapas Tuesday is a great valuecmrmVIPDined on 2/11/2014We went for Tapas Tuesday and were impressed with the great value. Food is decent (although would not recommend the lobster mac & cheese - overcooked and dry with almost no lobster) but everything else was great. Pretty quiet in the dining room on a Tuesday night - but the bar is hopping.
- Hot stone is the way to go!mermom6Dined on 2/8/2014We like to have a new experience when we dine and the hot stone meal delivered! It was unique, delicious and fun! The Risotto balls and the martini scallops appetizers were also very good. I thought the martinis we ordered from the bar were very well executed and I really appreciated the quality of the olives in my drink - which may seem silly - but it matters. The flourless chocolate torte for dessert was not very notable . . .it was pretty dry. However it served it's purpose with the espresso we had at the end of the meal by offering a sweet bite. Our server Giselle was very nice and did a great job. Live music in the bar was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting atmosphere. TheDougDined on 2/8/2014Interesting atmosphere. The blackrock dining was new and interesting to try. Food was great, well seasoned and fresh. The live music was setting up as we were leaving, so we didn't get to hear them... the lounge area seemed small for a band to be crammed into thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timedcincDined on 1/8/2014Live in the area but hesitated to visit for no real reason. What a mistake!!! Food was superb. A little pricey but good service helped ease the pain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love romanceing the stoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2013Love romanceing the stone those who have not tryed it mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerMaryAnnDined on 12/20/2013Food and wine was fabulous. Service was awful. As soon as we were seated we told the waitress it was my birthday, yet our table went unattended by her most of the night. She neglected to bring us our soups and salads or refresh our cocktails. Luckily, my son-in-law knew one of the other waitresses and she took good care of us and got the lion's share of the tip.Special Features:
- Different for this areaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/7/2013I am glad to see that there is a place where you can get good different food like you would in a big citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant place to eat.RobertDined on 11/13/2013I had never been to Europa in Ludlow. I have a freind that lives very close so we gave it a try. I wasn't really busy because we ate there during the week. I understand its much bussier on the weekends. The service was outstanding. The food was very good and I would go back in a heart beat. I suggest that you give this restaurant a try.Special Features:
- Great menus choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013Loved the hot stone concept. Tapas is always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot stoneMBJK39Dined on 10/31/2013The hot stone filet mignon was the most amazing steak I have ever had!Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner!sloppyjoe34Dined on 10/11/2013I brought my Portuguese Grandmother out to dinner for her 93rd birthday and Europa was a great choice. She is hard to please and she loved the Bacalao Frito. I enjoyed a New York Strip on the rock and it too was great. I'll definitely return, hopefully next October for birthday 94!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our thirty seventh anniversaryInlandDined on 10/8/2013As usual we went there hungry and started off with the tapas, then a soup and dinner salad , we then had their awesome tasting lamb chops, unfortunately we couldn't eat it all so we took the left overs home and had another meal from them, I just can't say enough about the lamb chops, but make sure to call ahead because on certain nights they run out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedDine2013Dined on 9/6/2013We were very pleased with the service. The waitress made sure everything was fine and she was very pleasant and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, fair servicejwowwDined on 8/30/2013We ordered boneless wings, and well they were clearly strips. Service was soooo slow for a dead Friday night. The dinner was actually pretty good. If it weren't for that I would have gave a worse review. Nice atmosphere and cool things going on every night though, so they entry at least! Props for thatSpecial Features:
- Special Birthday DinnerBdaydinnerDined on 7/9/2013My husband and I went there on a Tuesday to celebrate his birthday. I had been there a few weeks before with some friends and thoroughly enjoyed the tapas menu! The lobster mac and cheese was sinfully delicious and I loved the spinach salad so much I ordered it both times.My husband opted for the t-bone dinner special instead of ordering from the tapas menu, but he said everything was very good. I would definitely go there again and have already recommended it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passablef0rbiddenDined on 7/7/2013I went to Europa with a friend for lunch - we each ordered the same Bourbon Burger - one without onions (mine!) and one with (hers). We both ordered regular fries, and our burgers cooked medium. Burger tasted ok, but wasn't coooked correctly. "House Fries" weren't crispy or especially hot. My Diet Coke didn't taste anything like Coke - or Pepsi for that matter. Orders served to other tables smelled great - maybe we just got the wrong thing. I drove 45 minutes to get here. It was an ok experience, and the food was acceptable - but it wasn't great.
- Great Nabe Find.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/22/2013Europa is off the beaten track, but well worth it. The food is fabulous, the help attentive, and the pices affordable.Special Features:
- Hidden joyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2013Wonderful food. Attentive service. Dining there felt like discovering a great secret hidden in plain sight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013The food and service were very good. Music a little too loudSpecial Features:
- We have dined in the "Old"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013We have dined in the "Old" Europa in South Hadley and this was our first experience at the Ludlow location. We went on a Tuesday night which was quiet, but still a number of filled tables. We had reservation but probably didn't need them. We were seated immediately in the dining room, the room is comfortable but not special. We ordered drinks. There was a nice wine special for my wife and a great choice of 10 beers on tap including some locals. I chose Pretty Things Beer and Ale Project's "Fluffy White Rabbits", a Belgian style triple. Its not often you see this beer at a local restaurant. The food was great but I am running out of characters. We'll go back!Special Features: