Eurasia Cafe and Wine Bar - Richmond
1308 Gaskins Road
Richmond, VA 23238Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Eurasia Cafe and Wine Bar - Richmond
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eurasiarich.com/
- Phone: 8047402525
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Cre Moore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can offer any of the menu items.
A word from Eurasia Cafe and Wine Bar - Richmond
Eurasia Cafe & Wine Bar, located in the Gayton Crossing Shopping Center in Richmond, Virginia features New American cuisine with a heavy Asian influence. Our ever-changing seasonal menu features carefully selected food products from around the world, with the freshest produce and vegetables from local independent farmers. Catering is available. We offer a “New World” driven wine list comprised of over twenty-four wines by the glass and an additional fifty by the bottle. We also offer an excellent selection of microbrews. With dining room seating for 62, full service bar seating for 22, and an additional patio seating for 20 Eurasia is a great new place for lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eurasia Cafe and Wine Bar - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
- Never saw a fabulous restaurantBobbyDined on 2/27/2014Never saw a fabulous restaurant go down so quickly. They will not be missed. Only reason I went was to use gift cards.
- Unfortunately, this RichmondMotaVIPDined on 2/26/2014Unfortunately, this Richmond gem has lost their lease in the Gayton Crossing shopping complex and will be relocating to Virginia Beach , more than a 100 miles away.Special Features:
- Great ServicekannloweVIPDined on 2/22/2014I'm so sad to hear that Eurasia is closing. I've been going to the restaurant for over six years and have never had a bad experience. The food is always good including the service. You'll be missed!Special Features:
- We went to your first burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2014We went to your first burger night Tuesday 1/21/14. Burger was cooked to perfection...we asked for med rare and that's what we got. It was fabulous all around!! Thank you, Alice
- Great RestaurantslwrtwDined on 1/18/2014Great food for a good price. In our neighborhood, so very convenient. We love it and will continue to eat there.Special Features:
- Great food; service not so muchRReavesVIPDined on 1/17/2014My wife and I love Eurasia, and we try to go at least every couple of months. Went on a recent Friday night. The food was great as always, but for the first time we had a less than top-notch waiter. He seemed disinterested. Once we received our main course, I decided to ask for some condiments. I waited and waited, but the waiter never came near, so I finally just ate it as it. Waiter showed back up when I was 3/4 through meal. It's one thing to let diners dine; it's another to let them hange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food. We had a roastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/19/2013Lovely food. We had a roast chicken dish with mushroom risotto that was delicious and comforting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restauranttvrs388VIPDined on 12/10/2013I've visited Eurasia several times. Consistency isn't their strong point, but fortunately, this meal was one of the better visits. The blood orange Cosmo was delicious and the glass of red wine ordered by my husband was also a hit. The edamame and salad appetizers weren't outstanding, but they were good. My pasta dish was excellent, pasta cooked perfectly and the capers and olives gave the roasted tomatoes a nice bite. The NY strip entree was a very thin piece of beef that was flavorful, but very overcooked, much more of a medium than medium rare. They were very happy to switch out sides, and the mashed potatoes and arugula salad were eaten in their entirety! We will definitely return and hopefully hit them on another good night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadFrequentdinerVIPDined on 12/4/2013Food was good, server was a bit stuffy. Had to ask for another drink, wasn't offered even though both glasses were empty. Had a reservation for 7/20. Seated at 7:55.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServiceTJScottDined on 11/23/2013Eurasia is a nice change from all the chain restaurants in Richmond, especially Short Pump. Service is excellent and provide good attention to details. Food is good. Nice restaurant for quiet dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant dining experienceBethDined on 11/19/2013Eurasia offers a menu that appeals to all palates. Restaurant is tastefully decorated, quiet, clean and comfortable....great for a relaxing evening with friends and family, as well as a romantic dinner. Very conducive to conversation. The service was outstanding and the food reflected quality ingredients that were appropriately seasoned. Menu choices ranged from simple to sophisticated. The bar area is in the rear and is also very nice for cocktail and dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!kannloweVIPDined on 11/8/2013Haven't been to Eurasia in several years and the food and service are still great. Keep up the good work and can't wait to go back again soon.Special Features:
- On in our party ordered PadOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2013On in our party ordered Pad Thai---when it came the noodles were still hard and not cooked. They took it back and prepared a new dish. Good on their part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed the wedge salad andweekendfoodiesDined on 10/4/2013enjoyed the wedge salad and the grouper special ....nice presentation and very fresh -excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep hoping for a better ...NeighborVIPDined on 9/26/2013This used to be my favorite restaruant.... good food, great ambiance and excellent service.... today again, the food was ok.... Not much taste or selection. the room/ambiance was great ..... clean and zen calm atmosphere. service not so good... waiter hard to find after he took our order. prices too high for portions/selection etc.... very disappointed again... I keep trying but I keep getting disappointed... not sure I will be back... please try again....
- We also enjoy the wine barMarvDined on 9/24/2013We also enjoy the wine bar and appetizers after a movie.Special Features:
- Great evening!db123Dined on 9/18/2013This was my first time at Eurasia, and I was surprised at how lovely and cosy it was. Our service was amazing and the food was really good. And the half price bottle of wine made it even nicer.Special Features:
- DisappointedFlipDined on 9/11/2013We have been to this Eurasia many times and have had great experiences. This time not much went right. Inside it was so cold that we could not sit there so they were nice in shifting us outside. It was much much busier than usual and the wait staff seemed overwhelmed; the service was slow and erratic. They were out of my preferred beer and ran out of the wine my wife ordered after only one glass. The food arrived very late and my chicken was extremely dry. The crab cakes were odd. We will go back but we wanted you to know about the problems we experienced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- so so foodTheTumDined on 9/8/2013food was bland and undercooked (shrimp grit cake). Place was empty....
- Great night of diningphibcb2Dined on 9/6/2013The food was outstanding and service excellent. We come often and this night in particular the food was supurbSpecial Features:
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013Eurasia is our go to neighborhood gem. The food and service are always solid. I have never had a bad meal here. My only problem is deciding what to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2013The food and service at Eurasia is always good as evidenced by the regular patrons. In fact, I'd recommend reservations even during the week, but especially whenever special events (music, etc.) are listed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place for allTeddiDined on 7/24/2013We love this place for all of the above reasons, but especially because they usually have Nicholson Ranch chardonnay available (not by glass, however) -- and that is worth every trip for my oaky, buttery chardonnay-lovin' wife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well doneRVAgirlDined on 7/5/2013With the exception of an awful bowl of GREEN gazacho (no taste and overly pulverized) our dinner and service were perfection. Crab cakes were large and no fillers! The shrimp and grits were beautifully presented and yummy. Our server was attentive and informative without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine!BluffDined on 6/15/2013Food was amazing, service was wonderful. We sat at the bar by choice and loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eurasia is always greatRReavesVIPDined on 6/7/2013Wife and I found ourselves with no particular plans for a Friday night. Grabbed reservations at Eurasia and enjoyed a 2-hour, slow, divine meal. From the mozarella tempura to the succulent fried oysters, food was awwsome. We decided to try the bottle of house red for $28. It was a Malbec - at first seemed a lttle sharp but after it breathed for a while, it was a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedfrequentdinerVIPDined on 5/17/2013We were really disappointed in the Creole crabcakes. There seemed to be a lot of filler and not much crab. The fried oyster appetizer was missing the Old Bay beurre blanc which would have enhanced the dish.Special Features:
- High quality food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/3/2013Eurasia is one of our favority restaurants in Richmond because of the consistently high quality food and service. The menu is eclectic, creative, and changes seasonally. We like the atmosphere which is unpretentious and casual upscale. The service is always excellent. Eurasia may be located in an unassuming little neighborhood shopping center in the far West End, but it is every bit as good as restaurants we have enjoyed in major cities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful neighborhood restaurantfrequentdinerVIPDined on 4/30/2013Delightful neighborhood restaurant offering good food and service that can be counted upon. The roast beet carpaccio is a favorite, along with the BBQ salmon preparation. I select these two items on almost every visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I eat hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/12/2013My husband and I eat here frequently! Beautiful bar area, nice patio. Attentive wait staff including the manager. Great seasonal options, Chet's specials definitely the way to go. Very reasonable happy hour app and wine options. Love it every time!!Special Features:
- Eurasia is a favorite littleRReavesVIPDined on 4/6/2013Eurasia is a favorite little spot of ours, about a mile from our home. The small plates are always great, the wine selection wornderful, and the atmosphere perfect.Special Features:
- Wonderful choice for "date night".RichmondOmnivoreVIPDined on 4/6/2013Wonderful food. Best bartender in town. I had snapper rock-a-fella. Wife had short rib. Both were fantastic. Hot and sour soup is unique version and my favorite.Special Features:
- We love the happy hour specialsselectivedinerDined on 4/6/2013We love the happy hour specials and have enjoyed sitting at the bar for dinner.
- consistently goodcorkatVIPDined on 3/28/2013I have been to Eurasia several times. The food is consistently good. The quality of server has dropped slightly but is still acceptable. The one thing I would change would be to increase the selection of vegetarian options. There simply is not a lot for my wife to eat at this restaurant. At most restaurants in this price range, the chef is often willing to come out and prepare something special for her and others who don't eat meat. That would be a nice option for Eurasia. Also, perhaps a couple gluten free options would be nice as well. But we do enjoy the food and the Wedge salad is one of the best in town. If you go, try to order the apple fritters as they are superb.Special Features:
- Great Place and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013Great Place and excellent staff. Our server was really cute and took the time to help us and interact. The manager (owner) came over and talked with us for a while.Special Features:
- Worth FindingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/7/2013Very good food nestled in an unsuspecting shopping center. The wines by the glass are a little lacking for a wine bar, but other than that, a lovely local find.Special Features:
- I particularly enjoy the beetfrequentdinerVIPDined on 2/14/2013I particularly enjoy the beet carpaccio on a regular basis. A real bonus this time was the vegetarian lasagna. Although I am not a vegetarian, I prefer vegetarian lasagna and this was delicious. I hope it will go on the regular menu soon.
- Awesome service and food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2013Awesome service and food, with a rose to each woman for Valentine's Day!Special Features:
- Good food, < desirable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013My husband and I went here fore brunch on Valentine's day. We were looking forward to a relaxing meal, but instead we felt as though we were a bother to the waiter, who barely checked on us and then rushed us at the end of our meal to leave. Once we indicated that we weren't having lunchtime cocktails, he pretty much checked out. The food was good, but I wish that the service had been more welcoming and attentive.
- It was okay ...RVAdinerVIPDined on 2/13/2013It was okay. I ordered a house salad with grilled shrimp and the shrimp was clearly frozen and floppy and the mixed greens were lacking. The service was great and it was convenient for a business meeting so I considered just "okay" but would try another restaurant next time.Special Features: