Euphemia Haye - Longboat Key, FL
5540 Gulf of Mexico Dr
Longboat Key, FL 34228Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $50 and over
Euphemia Haye - Longboat Key, FL
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.euphemiahaye.com/
- Phone: 9413833633
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner; Sunday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:15pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Continental, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Raymond Arpke
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: An intimate room that has a table large enough to seat 12 people. The private dining room seats at 6:00 p.m. or 9:00 p.m. A food and beverage minimum + tax and gratuity will apply.
- Private Party Contact: Colin Wilson 9413833633x
- Entertainment: Live piano jazz is featured nightly in our upstairs lounge.
A word from Euphemia Haye - Longboat Key, FL
Since 1980, Chef Raymond and D"Arcy Arpke have operated this exquisite restaurant set inside a charming island bungalow. Considered one of the most romantic "restaurants in the country." Euphemia Haye is well known for its creative cuisine, impeccable service and intimate atmosphere. Featuring a diverse, satisfying, eclectic menu that "wows" diners with favorites including Euphemia Haye's famous Prime Pepper Steak, Roast Ducking with seasonal sauces, Sweetbreads, nightly Veal and fresh, local Fish specials. Food writers such as Fodor's and the New York Times, consistently describe Euphemia Haye as being "extraordinary" and "the stuff dreams are made of." Euphemia Haye is ranked among the nation's top restaurants. Please visit our web site at www.EuphemiaHaye.com for more of our menu offerings, awards, FAQ and to make a reservation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Euphemia Haye - Longboat Key, FL - Best Restaurants in Longboat Key ›
Euphemia Haye - Longboat Key, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)romantic (49)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (4)good for groups (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Prompt seating & service. Excellent appetizers, main courses, sides and a single desert that four shared. Waiter split our appetizer so 2 beautifully prepared plates were brought to the table. Pricey but our party of four agreed worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Euphemia Haye, Longboat Key, FLVolunteerDined on 8/29/2014Good food, excellent service, and friendly people. The husband and wife owners are actively involved and it shows. One welcomed us at the door and the other came to our table during dinner to make sure all was well. The Haye Loft upstairs is a special place you want want to miss. In the Loft they have a cozy bar, serve great home made deserts and the night we were there they had live music.Special Features:
- Impressive!GermandiningcoupleDined on 8/28/2014One of the best restaurants I've ever visited, and I have seen a lot! The hummus is just like the original one, u get served in Jordan or Egypt and the duckling was more than excellent. Michael's one of the most attentional and polite server I know. We totally loved it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpiderjohnSpiderDined on 8/25/2014Old style setting Top shelf food but pricey Veal done right Good service Plenty of variety Can do it less expensively or all out without a drop off in qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysriquitinVIPDined on 8/23/2014The duck is still my favorite and the ambiance cozy like homeSpecial Features:
- Superb eveningBetsybooDined on 8/23/2014Had not been to this restaurant in years after a cousin died who lived in Longboat and would always take me there when I would visit. I had the Caesar Salad and Sweetbreads which were as good as I remembered. I was with my daughter and British friends and everyone loved their choices. It was a wonderful evening and I hope to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A1 Dining ExperienceBirthdaytrioDined on 8/23/2014The food and service were excellent. Bill was an experienced, friendly and efficient waiter. The only negative is that the tables are a little too close together. Overall the restaurant is a hit.Special Features:
- Return/Start TraditionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I got engaged here 20 years ago on her birthday. We returned on her birthday every year for many years but we took a hiatus when kid activities became primary and time was at a premium. We recently relocated to this area and I wanted to revive the tradition as a birthday surprise for my wife. We also started a new tradition by bringing our teenage son with us for his first EH experience. We also enjoyed the dessert bar upstairs and Mike the piano player. Great food, great dessert, great experience. I mentioned it was my wife's birthday when making the reservation, never again, and she got a "happy birthday" at least 5 times from the waiter and other staff. Great stuff. Well worth the drive from this or any other county.Special Features:
- YummyGood2goDined on 8/20/2014Have been wanting to try this place for a long time. It was everything I had hoped for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/19/2014ambience is lovely and food delicious. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- Great food and fantastic servicemickonrunVIPDined on 8/16/2014Delicious food and nice ambiance. Interesting to watch a chef cooking an evening menu special outside of the kitchen. Portions were good sized and bread on the table was a nice treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingLHPRDined on 8/12/2014We come here every year (25 years now) when we visit Longboat Key. I always think I'm going to try something new, but can never pass up the pate and the duck. The dessert room upstairs is just one more reason to keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherFoodEsarasotaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Food was mediocre at best. Restaurant was pretentious (couldn't add grilled chicken to a Caesar salad without changing for a second meal). All in all, bad.
- Another great mealPB61Dined on 8/7/2014We've had dinner here several times over the years. This may have been the best meal of all. The zucchini fettuccini appetizer was great, the arugula salad as well. She loved the snapper entree. I thought the filet mignon was perfect, the onions were delicious. We also had cauliflower mash .. very good. Great service of course. Accepted the offer for dessert & coffee upstairs. Again, delicious. Had a great latte and triple berry pie. Time to excercise now. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Charming Hidden Gem!NancyDined on 8/5/2014The food was wonderful, as well as the service. A special dessert selection upstairs after dinner was a nice ending to our meal.Special Features:
- Great food,service & ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2014We saved this restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. Lovely quiet ambiance with attentive but not overbearing service. Food was delicious - we had the snails and a special salad to start and we each ordered the specialty duck and shared the mashed cauliflower side. Moved upstairs to the Hayloft for dessert, after-dinner drinks and easy listening music to cap off the evening. Did expect a bit more from the "romantic" ambiance I had seen described in numerous well-regarded publications like Fodors, but it was charming. It is on the opposite side of the street from the Gulf; not directly on. We would definitely return; we felt the higher prices were well worth it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding eveningshaw23Dined on 7/26/2014The snapper was perhaps the best seafood meal that I've had in years. Service was amazing. They had the bottle of wine that I ordered on the table when we arrived. While the food is pricey, the overall experience is well worth the cost. The dessert room is upstairs and I don't remember seeing an elevator. The noise level upstairs is quite different than downstairs.Special Features:
- Euphemia Haye rates number one.MarkReginaNapetvilleDined on 7/20/2014We had a great time. Not our first time but the quality and service were fantastic and we would recommend it to anyone looking for a first class dining experience. The roast Duck was spectacular and the second floor desert experience was awesome with live music and desert options sure to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Sarasota/Longboat Key FavoriteSteveVIPDined on 7/19/2014There is no better place to go in Central/West Florida than Euphemia Haye. If you still crave a real homemade Caesar Salad, A USDA Prime Pepper Steak, Duck, or fresh seafood, this is your place. Everything on the menu is served properly and at it's top prepared condition. An onsite pastry chef bakes over the top fresh pies and cakes served upstairs. The bar upstairs also has music every night. Easy listening. Our very favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversarystillbestfriendsDined on 7/14/2014We have dined at Euphemia Haye many times over a number of years. Our experience has been consistently delightful. Our most recent visit, to celebrate our anniversary, was typical. My wife and I both enjoyed Caesar salads, superb as always. She followed her salad with the veal special of the evening while I enjoyed the Peppered Steak. Both reflected the creativity and skill of this restaurant, and both were prepared perfectly. Our waiter was knowledgeable, friendly and appropriately attentive. We finished the evening in the upstairs dessert room, something we usually deny ourselves. I'm glad we made an exception. The pie (coconut creme for my wife; warm pecan for me) and coffee made for a perfect conclusion to a terrific evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!Sue2Dined on 7/14/2014Four of us dined at Euphemia Haye to celebrate my mother's 81st birthday and from start to finish we were very pleased with everything. We were seated at a lovely, round dining table next to a window with a pretty view of the garden. Our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. The food was delicious, as always! We dined on some of our favorites (Caesar salad, roast ducking) and sampled some new-to-us fare (sweet 'n spicy shrimp, pasta dishes) and were very pleased, hardly leaving room for the magnificent desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingDonCDined on 7/12/2014My wife's birthday dinner turned out to be a major disappointment. Her Peppered Steak (said to be a house favorite) came to he as an inedible, charred piece of beef, which she could barely cut into, in spite of being ordered medium rare. I set my duck dish (THE house favorite) aside while the waiter graciously took her steak back to the kitchen to be replaced as I didn't want to eat without her having her dinner....anticipating about a 10 minute wait for her medium rare replacement steak. After 25+ minutes her replacement steak arrived at which time she had lost her appetite due to the long delay and my duck dish was now cold. The waiter called in the manager who tried, in vain, to explain his way out of the fiasco.Special Features:
- ate2muchDined on 7/11/2014Best appetizer spicy shrimp I've ever had. Entrees were very good. SMALL hitches: Front desk said I had no reservations. I showed him my phone record proving they had called me mid-afternoon to confirm. He said still no reservation. Girl walked up and confirmed. Showed the dingaling how to scroll up computer screen to see my name. Waiter forgot my wife's creamed spinach. Upstairs in desert bar, my pie crust was still mostly raw and left a lard aftertaste. Could not eat it. Once again, the entrees were superb---tenderloin medallions and pistachio snapper. Worth the trip. The place is so different than the norm. Amazing setting. Definitely need right hand handrail on outside steep stairs leaving the bar upstairs. Someone will get hurt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in a KeyAdomarVIPDined on 6/29/2014It is one of the best surprises I had at Longboat Key. One of the best restaurants I've ever been. The food was superb, the service was European style, where the waiter is extremely interested in that you have a great experience not for the tip (very well deserved) but for the proud they are of the place and for the food they serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs an updateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014The food and service in the main restaurant was excellent. The dessert room not so much. the chocolate cake was dry tried to tell the waiter and he didn't want to hear it.The young lady upstairs was professional but a bit too cold. Thought the decor throughout was dated. Have gone for years but probably won't be back.
- tiny table for 2disappointedDined on 6/27/2014I made a reservation for twoI'm specifically asked not to have a tiny table. We were placed in a room with a small tableadd a window but with a service door about 10 inches from my chair. There was a waiter constantly going by me through this door to the another room. there were 5 empty tables in our area during our stay including two booths.not too romantic due to the waiter practically hitting my chair every time you went by. I cannot understand why they would not put us at a larger table since the bus apparently wasn't showing up. I made this reservation about 5 days before the evening. Such a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save room for dessert!CarlaVIPDined on 6/25/2014Our group ate in the main dining room which is lovely. The service seemed a bit slow this night and not quite up to par from previous experiences. The meals were fair but and not up to standard. The waiter even removed one of the entrees from our check even though we didn't mention the quality. This restaurant used to have great food. Wish we would have saved our appetites for the dessert bar upstairs for that seemed to be the highlight - a sweet for everyone with every taste. www.ACoupleofKidds.comSpecial Features:
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014It was.... Ok. Very old school "fancy" restaurant. The duck itself was very good, but served with a stuffing consisting of bread, and not much else, the salads were pretty seriously over priced for what they were, little to no good green vegetable options for sides and the service was really not consistent with a high end restaurant.
- Excellent meal & srrviceSARlocalDined on 6/22/2014Best sweetbreads in Sarasota area. Wine by the glasss list is extensive. The introductory pumpkin bread is a fun start to your dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!ClaudieVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food and service are incredible! First class in every way!Special Features:
- steak sizeluv2eatoutDined on 6/21/2014MY WIFE AND I BOTH ORDERED THE PEPPERCORN STEAK.IT HAD A TERRIFIC TASTE.HOWEVER, WE DID NOT SEE ANY REFERENCE ON THE MENU AS TO THE SIZE,IN OUNCES OF THIS STEAK.WE ASSUMED IT WOULD BE OF AVERAGE SIZE.HOWEVER, IT LOOKED MORE THE SIZE OF A SMALL ROAST.IHAVE A HEARTY APPETITE AND COULD EAT ABOUT ONLY TWO THIRDS OF IT.MY WIFE COULD ONLY EAT ABOUT ONE THIRD OF HERS.ONE STEAK IS PLENTY FOR TWO PEOPLE.MY SUGGESTION IS TO PLACE ON THE MENU THE NUMBER OF OUNCES OF THE STEAK SO A COUPLE CAN SHARE IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO.THE WAITER MADE NO COMMENT ON HOW BIG IT WAS,ONLY THAT IT WAS A FAVORITE OF THE RESTAURANT.IF THIS STEAK WERE OFFERED AS HALF THE NORMAL SIZE,PLUS A SALAD OR VEGETABLE,IT WOULD BE A BETTER DINING EXPERIENCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit Pricey but very good experienceDaveDined on 6/18/2014Excellent dinner, plenty of food so we split a salad, appetizer, vegetable and meal. The restaurant charges a plate fee of $10, which was well worth it. They split everything up, and was beautifully displayed for both and still plenty of food if you are not a glutton. Appetizer and dinner were excellent, I thought the Caesar Salad was unremarkable and not worth getting. Service was very good, timing of food very good, no rush at all. Martini was very good, as are the "house wines" which are not the usual "junk" house wines found at lesser restaurants. Their idea of a house wine is a fine wine. Overall expensive but a good place once in a while.Special Features:
- The Haye Loftcelt4everDined on 6/17/2014Enjoyed a delicious dinner for an anniversary evening. Everything perfect. Server was very friendly and helpful. Patient and informative with our questions. Plenty of food! We went upstairs for dessert, and shared a piece of berry pie. Amazing! Just not room enough to finish it. Next time we will likely have our dinner upstairs as well, and enjoy dessert and coffee too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar experiencelaurieslandVIPDined on 6/14/2014We took advantage again of Savor Sarasota's special three-course meal for $29. My companion and I both ordered the duck, and it was delicious. I wish Savor Sarasota were for a longer duration. I was able to introduce two friends to your establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TopnoshUK1Dined on 6/12/2014This is our all time favourite restaurant anywhere and we have been enjoying it now for 15years whilst over on holiday in Longboat Key. Keep up the good work you are very special to us and our family ( four generations were present on this occasion ).Special Features:
- Excellent!DelaneyKDined on 6/7/2014I don't know what I expected but this wasn't it-it was so much better! Sort of like visiting your cousin in Old Florida IF your cousin was a world-class chef and saw to all the little details including a chilled salad fork. All was delicious and we will be back very soon now that we are part of the family :)Special Features:
- Savor SarasotaLoveSarasotaDined on 6/5/2014Very noisy in restaurant downstairs. We were there for Savor Sarasota. The shrimp entree was very small, three shrimp and lots of parsley. Other Savor Sarasota choices were good. We have eaten there before and their regular menu is excellent. One of our group had the veal from the regular menu and said it was outstanding.Special Features:
- Restaurant week a good introductionkamoiVIPDined on 6/2/2014Went there for Savor Sarasota Restaurant Week to sample the restaurant offerings. Enjoyed the lamb shank especially. The duck was a bit dry and not served very hot. Pecan pie and cheese cake quite good. Didn't like the soup (mediterranean fish soup).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 6/2/2014First experience taking advantage of the Savor Sarasota program. The Caesar Salad was excellent but the entree of Shrimp Pasta was very small portion and disappointing. We enjoyed the pecan pie even though not served with ice cream.
- BertVIPDined on 6/1/2014We go to Euphemia Haye knowing we will have an exceptional meal and this time was no different. Duck is outstanding and the Caesar salad is the best in Sarasota. Brian, our waiter was very attentive.Special Features: