2020 Western Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tomdouglas.com/restaurants/ettas
- Phone: 2064436000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-4:00pm,Saturday-Sunday 9:00am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm-9:30pm, Friday-Saturday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday-Sunday 9:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Adrienne Lasko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room can accommodate up to 40 people. Not available on Thursday-Saturday.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Schaaff 2064436000
- Entertainment: While we don't have a live band or trapeze artists, a seat at the window will offer you a gorgeous view of Elliot Bay as well as colorful people watching.
- Special Events: Please check our website as we frequently host special wine, beer and food events at Etta's and all of our other restaurants. www.tomdouglas.com
- Cross Street: Virgina & Western
- Public Transit: Our new lightrail system will get you from the airport right to the heart of downtown at 4th and Westlake, just minutes from our restaurant. The Metro Transit bus system is very accesible and a trip planner is available online at; www.metro.kingcounty.gov
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking and a number of pay stall lots are in the area. Street parking is free after 6pm and all day on Sunday. There is an underground public lot across the street on Western and Lenora and an open lot on First and Virginia.
A word from Etta's Seafood
Etta's Seafood showcases the culinary flair of Chef Tom Douglas for every kind of seafood imaginable. From the classic fish & chips to live crab, pit-smoked salmon and Tom's famous crab cakes, Etta's extensive menu features superlative seafood. Situated near Seattle's famous Pike Place Market, Etta's Seafood offers both tourists and locals a rich experience of the best seafood in Seattle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Etta's Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)neighborhood gem (72)special occasion (68)scenic view (65)great for lunch (51)great for outdoor dining (43)great for brunch (43)hot spot (37)good for groups (37)romantic (33)notable wine list (24)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The best salmon I've ever had, as well as the clam chowder. Desert menu for restaurant week was huge and very impressive!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I've been to Etta's several times but this last time was a bit disappointing. Couple of menu items were not available. The King Salmon was out and had Coho substituted and was a bit dry in preparation. With the small menu selection to begin with, it's kind of a let down when items aren't available. The salads were fresh and good. Crab was really good. Good wine selection and the oysters were fresh. The staff both in the bar and the restaurant were rushed and short with guests. Seemed stressed and a little put out. I had out of town guests with me and felt like I was apologizing and making excuses for Etta's when it's always been a good "go to" before.
- Don't botherOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014The first time we ate at Etta's (4-5 years ago), the food was world-class, as was the service. Now, the food is nominal at best and the service is nearly nonexistent, even when they're not busy, which they were not on this visit. The crab cakes, one of the many items for which Etta's is well known, now have the taste and consistency that can be easily found in dozens of other restaurants all over Seattle at far lower prices. They certainly were not full of the lump blue crab meat that we experienced 4-5 years ago. When we asked for more sauce to go with the crab cakes, the waitress "forgot" and 15 minutes later, as she finally walked by our table, she remembered, and by then the food was cold. This was our 5th and last trip to Etta's.Special Features:
- Terrific Food!AdmiralVIPDined on 10/15/2014We started with a great selection of a dozen oysters from local waters and a calamari appetizer with aioli sauce that delicious. My entree was superb...a spice rubbed salmon perfectly cooked and a perfect presentation. The table services was very good. It was timely and unobtrusive.Special Features:
- Great food!!!Jchrisb1Dined on 10/13/2014Being from the East coast, this is a Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FanofanythingTomDouglasVIPDined on 10/12/2014Excellent quality and presentation. Friendly staff and attentive wait people.Special Features:
- luv2dineDined on 10/11/2014We dined for a special occasion to celebrate 2 birthdays. We arrived a few minutes before our reservation time & were seated promptly. The service was great & food was excellent. We ordered rock fish, fish stew & fish & chips for entrees. All were delicious. For starters we chose crab & oysters on half shell. My only suggestion is to offer a more extensive wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmed/MediocrefoodiefanDined on 10/10/2014I had read great reviews prior to booking this restaurant but ultimately we were underwhelmed with our experience. The restaurant's ambience is lacking and the food was just okay. Seeing as how there are many great restaurants in Seattle, if I had a do-over we would not have gone to Etta's.
- Anniversary DinnerDinningVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a great anniversary dinner with both great food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Great food and servicelittlemomDined on 10/10/2014We went to Etta's for a very early dinner (before 5). We were seated right away in nice table near the window. our drink order was taken and our drinks brought out quickly. we ordered mussels and a full crab from the appetizer menu and a wedge salad. the mussels were in a WONDERFUL green curry and lemon sauce that we sopped up with bread after the mussels were gone. the crab was delicious with butter and grilled lemon that was to die for. The quality if the food was especially welcome after a hard day. we will definitely come to Etta's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Seattle restaurant.ZachDined on 10/8/2014We've had great experiences every time we've come here! Could not recommend it more. Shout out to Sam, one of the chef's. Always does an awesome job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable mealFirsttimeseattleDined on 9/29/2014We are driving cross country. Couldn't wait to try Seate seafood and Etta's did not disappoint. Service was wonderful. Had seen a particular item on their website only to find it was a brunch item so not available. However Benjamin, our server, suggested combining 2 other entree items and created an even better version of our original request. Had coconut pie to splurge. What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for BrunchthetruestoryDined on 9/28/2014We like to visit Etta's for brunch (reservation yes) and they have some wonderful things on the menu and good bloody marys. The hash is especially good. This time I had the regular eggs and sausage and was very disappointed by the chicken sausage. Everything else was good. It just was dry. The service was wonderful. I'll be back. There are other places in town with better brunch food but this place takes reservations (so you don't have to wait hours) and has good, consistent food with good service.Special Features:
- SRLSRSRLSRVIPDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food- we had the lunch(small) salmon and the NWSeafood Stew. Both were well prepared and presented. Will return here for sure; reasonable prices for downtown Seattle.Special Features:
- Always fantasticwoodinvillemomDined on 9/27/2014As usual, our dinner at Etta's was fantastic. The service is attentive but not suffocating, the ambiance can't be beat, and the food is right on. The fried calamari is just fantastic. My favorite Tom Douglas restaurant, not just for the food, but for the entire experience. Such a fun place! Don't miss the coconut creme pie, just amazing.Special Features:
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/26/2014My excuse for going to Ettas was out of town guests. Went for the best crab cakes in town and we weren't disappointed. At the waitress' suggestion I tried the NWSeafood stew. Next time it'll be tough to choose between. The service is always attentive without intrusive. Never been disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle's BestMaggieDined on 9/25/2014Ling Cod corn grits coconut cream pie the best That is all that needs to be saidSpecial Features:
- Food only mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014Had crab cakes - highly recommended by server, and they were not good - very fishy. Also had the Baja shrimp - only ok, nothing special, a bit greasy. Also, very limited menu - not many items from which to choose.Special Features:
- First time visitFirstTimerDined on 9/23/2014Just moved back to Seattle and reconnected with friends at Etta's. The restaurant lived up to its stellar reputation, Mike H. our waiter made the entire evening very enjoyable, very personable, flexible, knowledgeable and fun. A great evening! The seafood was fantastic!Special Features:
- Excellent choice!DCdinerDined on 9/23/2014Tuesday night shellfish shindig truly a hit! Coconut cream pie is a show stopper!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid restaurant optionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The salmon was great, as expected and my wife liked her steamed mussels. Service was outstanding. They could turn up the lights a bit - it was pretty dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go someplace elseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014I felt that our server neglected to tell me very important information about the oysters. I asked several times about the oysters including "is there any reason I would not want the pan-fried?" And "what kind of oysters are in the pan-fried?" Only after I ordered 12 pan fried did he share that the pan fried are the only oysters that are not fresh shucked but come in "canned". After revealing that they are of course not fresh tasting because every pan fried oyster is from "canned" oysters he offered me 6 fresh. But charged me for 12. Really!! I would have ordered the fresh if I had been properly informed BEFORE I ordered. I would not go there we had better meals other places.
- Etta'sSeafoodieDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I chose this restaurant based on the advice from a local, and we were not disappointed. The salmon is a signature dish, and my husband claims it is the best salmon he has ever eaten. Overall, food quality and service were very good. We will definitely return next time we are in Seattle.Special Features:
- Incredible SalmonMarborDined on 9/17/2014This was my second time dining at Etta's, and it continues to be fabulous. The Rub With Love Salmon is extraordinary! I had previously enjoyed a romantic dinner here with my husband. This trip I was introducing my sister to Seattle. We were both thrilled with our dinner at Etta's. Can't wait to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Staff - good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/17/2014Our server was fantastic and so nice. Food was good I recommend the crab cakes and their coconut pieSpecial Features:
- We love Tom Douglas!Pie4meDined on 9/16/2014All his restaurants rock and we seem to rotate through them. Etta's is open and bright and conveniently located near the market. The lunch menu had a good variety of choices and of course the coconut cream pie is always available!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Seattle SeafooddoctorinkDined on 9/14/2014Etta's provides a classic fish-house food, but almost everything about it has a touch (or more than a touch) of class and adventure. They have the only crabcakes in town worthy of the name (in the opinion of this Marylander), they re-invented Salmon for Seattle; everything on their menu is likely to be a hit. Recently we had their heirloom tomatoes and mushroom entree, with Dungeoness crab on top. The tomatoes were spectacular, fresh and delicious, and combined with the crab and mushrooms, it was simple yet inventive and delicious.Special Features:
- Seafood prepared in unusual ways!vttravelerDined on 9/14/2014Fabulous menu, food, wine list and service. Loved the oyster selection and the many fresh seafood options. Took a business group here on the recommendation of a local- we were all from out of town, from cities large and small all over the country- and every single person raved about the restaurant. Great pick.Special Features:
- Outside Dinning With A Ocean ViewTinaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Once Again I Can Tell You Why I Love Seattle Since I Come Here To Escape The LA. Heat In September, The Culinary Restaurant That Seattle Has To Offer Are Incredible, And Ettas Is Not To Be Missed ,White Sangria And Poke Tuna Calling Your NameSpecial Features:
- Vivy14Dined on 9/14/2014Food was excellent! And so was the service! If you haven't been there, book your table now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumLuv2CookDined on 9/13/2014We wanted to have a nice dinner before heading to the ballpark - Etta's was perfect - great food - good drink - fast serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation DinnerMightyJoeDined on 9/8/2014Great restaurant for those looking for quality seafood in a relaxed atmostphere. Crab cakes were among the best I've ever had and would recommend them to anyone. We went for lunch and were so happy with the Clam chowder that we decided we would return for dinner. Obviously very fresh ingredients that were prepared by talented kitchen. The service was attentive and well informed and our waiter was interested to make suggestions for our meal and accompanying wine. He also recommended the other restaurants also owned by Tom Douglas. Wonderful meal and evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulfredlDined on 9/8/2014Wonderful staff, great well prepared food. Beautiful Pike Place Market location.Special Features:
- Thank youLongtimefoodieDined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed the salmon entree. The cornbread pudding was a bit dry this time. Unusual because it typically does not disappoint. My brother had coconut broth seafood dish and it delicious. Very attentive and gracious wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little disappointingyupitsmeDined on 9/6/2014My mother and I were visiting from out of town and we decided we would try this from a recommendation that was given to us. The crab itself was delicious (she had a crab salad and I had the crab cake) but the presentation could have been better. I appreciated that the crab cake was mostly crab, not bready at all, but the shoestring fries were almost like shriveled and dry like potato chips. Mom liked her salad but it looked like a couple of tablespoons of crab was just dumped on the butter lettuce. I think next time we are in Seattle we will try a different place.Special Features:
- ho-humkindapickyDined on 9/5/2014Went there almost 20 yrs ago and was very impressed. Took out of town visitors this time and we all agreed it was OK but ho-hum. Ordered oysters as we were being seated and didn't get them till after cocktails and other app. were ordered, delivered and consumed. Presentation of entrees pleasing to the eye but lacking a WOW factor in taste.
- A wonderful dinnerEALNCDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I had found Etta's on Zagat, and it was near our hotel so we made an open-table reservation. The service was wonderful; the food was great.Special Features:
- overdoneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Everything was overdone. Fried shrimp so tough i needed a knife to cut them.
- Limited seafood menu but very freshJgstudios1Dined on 9/4/2014Not a whole lot of choices but the fish was super fresh and straight forward preparation. Very popular place. Outstanding service and management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOODTallmanDined on 9/3/2014SALMON DISH WAS ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING. SERVICE OUTSTANDING. RED WINE WAS AVERAGESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.