Etoile Cuisine Et Bar
1101 Uptown Park Blvd
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Etoile Cuisine Et Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.etoilecuisine.com/
- Phone: 8326685808x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Sunday from 11 am - 3 pm
Sunday through Thursday from 5 pm - 10 pm
Friday and Saturday from 5 pm - 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Philippe Verpiand
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Coming soon...
- Private Party Facilities: We have private dining room/wine cellar with impecable ambiance and seats up to 20 guests, comfortably. It offers space for mingling or social events (cocktail service). We can go up to 24 persons, please speak with our private party coordinator for more information!
- Private Party Contact: Theresa Bouchard 8326685808x
- Special Events: Please visit our website for special events.
A word from Etoile Cuisine Et Bar
The owners of Étoile Cuisine et Bar, Chef Philippe Verpiand and Monica Bui, have created an inviting, warm European environment where both traditional and seasonal French food are front and center. "We want to dispel the notion that French food is heavy and pretentious," says the team, recently transplanted to Houston from San Diego, where they owned the famed Cavaillon Restaurant. Everything about Étoile Cuisine et Bar, from the inviting outside facade to the intriguing interior design to the high quality service, is meant to convey a feeling of truly being in France. With Chef Philippe's take on a seasonal menu using a French technique, it's a place where fine food lovers come together, not on a special occasion, but to enjoy every day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Etoile Cuisine Et Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
240 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (154)special occasion (136)romantic (113)notable wine list (96)great for lunch (79)neighborhood gem (79)great for brunch (65)great for outdoor dining (41)good for groups (32)hot spot (23)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014We had the Restaurant Week menu and found all the dishes amazing. The cocktails were also delicious. We will definitely go again on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a StarBallatoreDined on 8/31/2014From the HRW brunch menu we loved every course. A subtle vichysoise and a surprisingly tasty brie tart to start. She chose the coq au vin and really didn't want to share it. I loved the filet of sole with abundant capers to accent. Apple tart and profiteroles to finish, plus a cup of coffee. Generous portions all. Skilled service. Was a great brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine room/great foodGlutenFreeTravelerDined on 8/31/2014In our group we had vegetarian, carnivore, gluten and dairy free persons. All of us loved what we had! I recommend asking for the little wine room in back! Super adorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was very noisy-we could not hear each other talk. My daughter-in-law's scallops were very undercooked at first but they took them back to the kitchen and cooked them properly. The wine list was very good. The people that served us were very nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The food was well prepared and intense flavors. The service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeateaDined on 8/29/2014The service was good; my husband liked his short ribs but i did not like my duck confit; it was too salty. desserts were good. all courses were elegantly displayed.
- JmcNDined on 8/29/2014This was my husband and my first time at Etoile and both of us were thoroughly impressed. The drink at the bar was delicious and my husband was pleased with his Manhattan. We both love duck which was prepared so good with mashed potato, mushroom and sauce. My husband enjoyed the escargot with lots of garlic and I had the beef tartar. That and a delicious dessert and we were very happy with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!LoveALLthingsFRENCHDined on 8/29/2014Food was DELICIOUS! Wine list is extensive! Ambiance is perfect for a date night, but the tables for 2 (1 chair with 1 booth) are too close together. So double/triple date and perfection awaits you! 👫😍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdHoustonDined on 8/28/2014Always an enjoyable experience. Food, wine, service, ambiance great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French PlaceGeorgeDined on 8/27/2014Etoile is certainly a lovely place for a relaxed and high quality meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HRW ExperienceJoneHDined on 8/27/20144 of us dined at Etoile and all thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Our waiter Ali provided helpful info,great service, appropriate engagement and a well paced meal. Two of us started with the goat cheese salad-delicious-especially the toasted almonds on the goat cheese. The others had lobster bisque and enjoyed that. Mains-4 different dishes-each excellent - sole, lamb shank, short ribs and the duck. Portion sizes were very generous, but not overwhelming - we all finished every bite! Desserts-profiteroles, pot au chocolat & lemon rosemary ice cream. Best choices-profiteroles and pot au chocolat. Again - terrific meal, great service and a very pleasant, appropriately paced meal. We plan to go back and enjoy the regular menu.Special Features:
- Service was great. Food was...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Even better! I've been to this restaurant twice and both times I had a meal that was truly world class I'd put this restaurant up against any in the United States.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Added to the rotation!FoodLoverVIPDined on 8/25/2014I will definitely be returning to Etoile!! The menu options were endless on things I like to eat. It was so hard to choose! I decided on the lobster bisque, the lemon sole and the dark chocolate mousse like dessert with caramel ice cream. All were absolutely delicious and I actually want to go back and order the lemon sole again right now! Our whole group was very happy with our meals and all will return to try something else and something else from the menu. Also our server, whose name I can't remember, but he was Albanian, was very pleasant and a great server! The only reason I didn't give the food 5 stars was because I would have liked a piece or two of lobster in my bisque instead of tofu?? Decor is nice too BTW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine affairSallysavDined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful brunch for HRW. The bacon and smoked salmon Benedict's were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend LunchBoyanDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed very much our Saturday lunch at Etoile Cuisine Et Bar. Food was tasty, sophisticatedly prepared and served with matching proficiency. Ambience was relaxed and pleasant with in-tune choice of background music. Foie Gras au Torchon was simply superb and Plat de Côtes de Boeuf Braisés excellently balanced both in taste and size, with glasses of "Stags’ Leap" Chardonnay and “Les Prince Abbes” Pinot Gris closing the impression of a good deal. The staff was particularly kind and subtly available for any additional requests. We will be definitely returning for similar occasions and will gladly recommend the Etoile Cuisine Et Bar to our friends living and visiting Houston.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedRerun2kDined on 8/23/2014Great service. Good cuisine. Really enjoyed the food during restaurant weeks. Etoile has excellent drink menu and great recommendations to accommodate meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Brunch OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014Met a friend here for a Houston Restaurant Weeks brunch, and although the focus was on catching up, the food was good as well. Had the brie tartine, smoked salmon benedict and the apple tart, all of which were very tasty. Would definitely come back for dinner to see what else they have to offer.Special Features:
- Great even during restaurant weekHappyfoodieDined on 8/21/2014I went to Etoile during restaurant week for birthday celebration and the food and service was fantastic. I've experienced horrible services and low quality food at other fine dinning restaurant during restaurant week but Etoile kept their game on. Request for Isidore. He's really knowledgable about the menu and will make sure you have the best dinning experience. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Service was no where near the expectations of this highly ranked restaurant. The food was fair at best. Will not return.
- Love at first biteGregVIPDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I dined here for our wedding anniversary and we were pleasantly surprised at the authenticity of the food and the ambiance. Service was excellent and the food matched. Will certainly return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hanna06Dined on 8/16/2014We had the restaurant week menu & for the price the food was fabulous. The service was impeccable. We will be back soon,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice dining experiencedaveVIPDined on 8/16/2014We ordered from the Restaurant Weeks menu. The food was superb and the portions were OK. We had a bottle of wine and cocktails---all very very good. My only slight criticism was the waiter's lack of interest once we ordered from the Restaurant Weeks menu. This is one of our favorite Houston restaurants because of the consistently good food. I highly recommend dining at Etoile.
- A true find!MysticrockDined on 8/16/2014this was our first visit and will definitley NOT be our last. we simply loved the food and there are many items on the menu we look forward to trying. we also loved the "feel" of the restaurant. Service was top notch -- nothing amiss at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014The service was excellent, cute place. Casual dining, nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant week menuchristocinoVIPDined on 8/9/2014The beef tartare appetizer was sublime. The beef daube was very good. Good service as well (Oscar).
- Good FoodNaomiDined on 8/9/2014Their food is delicious and the staffs are very kind! wanna come back as soon as possible when I have a chance!Special Features:
- DisappointedcrishopkinsDined on 8/8/2014I didn't like our table because it was in a separate room, so we didn't experience the real atmosphere of the place. Our waiter was very nice but the food was expensive for the quality. I had 3 courses from the choices of the Restaurant Week. The foi gros was ok and they charge an extra $10 for it. The fish was too oily so I ate just the veggies. The desert, which I was dying to taste by reading its description, was a disappointment. The lemon ice cream was too frozen to be eaten with the spoon and the merengue tasted like a regular whipped cream. My husband had the fish of the day for $35 and liked it but I don't think we will return there.
- sole meiunere was classicEatingisFunVIPDined on 8/8/2014Etoile was perfect for my business lunch. We were given a nice "out of the way" table, as requested, and the food was fabulous...especially my Sole Meiunere dripping with beautiful, out of this world BUTTER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!RandallDined on 8/7/2014I have eaten at Etoille at least 10 times and the food is just spectacular! Rather it is the beet salad with crusted goat cheese, pate', boneless short ribs, seasonal risottos or one of their perfect desserts, you cannot go wrong with this establishment. I highly recommend you try it soon so you can go back again and again!Special Features:
- French Dinning without jet lagHolostoiVIPDined on 8/7/2014Dinning here is like being in France without the jet lag. The cocktails, food, and service were excellent. This is definetly a place for fine dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRW...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Wanted to try something new on the HRW list. So glad I chose Etoile! The escargot was outstanding, along with the duck confit. I will be coming back again!Special Features:
- Uptown StarmessDined on 8/5/2014In the middle of the uptown scene of restaurants Etoile cuisine stands out as a modern french cuisine that has excellent service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EDUARDODined on 8/5/2014Etoile is my 'go-to' place all occasions. It is reliable. The food is always fresh and well prepared. The waiters, hostesses and staff are all courteous and efficient. The place is top-notch and without pretense. I recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- French FoodieacdbDined on 8/4/2014I love french food and this place did not disappoint.Special Features:
- SooneeDined on 8/3/2014I frequent Etoile for dinner and HH, however, 1st time for Brunch for HRW. 3 course Brunch menu was outstanding, loved Dover Sole and Coq Au Vin just melted in your mouth. we left at 2:30pm and there was a line of people waiting to be seated. Chef Phillip is the Best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014The food and service was very good, but unfortunately it was very crowded with many children due to the restaurant week event. Therefore, I presume that Ambience and Noise level will improve in normal situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014We went for brunch the beginning of HRW. Had read about the chef and wanted to try it. We were very pleased. We will go back to try other menus now since the brunch menu was so tasty. We both had the tartaine appetizer that was like a bruschetta with brie, pear, pepper honey and arugula - so tasty! When we couldn't decide on wine and champagne choice, our waiter offered us tastings of a couple! Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for our Evening Outhappy2eatDined on 8/2/2014This place is superb in every way. To start, we arrived before our reservation and were able to be seated early. The service was wonderful and our waiter was friendly, with a great sense of humor, but not intrusive. We did have cocktails and they were wonderful, just right without overkill on a particular flavor. The food was rich and delectable. We all loft with smiles on our faces. It was wonderful to feel so welcome and enjoy such an excellent evening with family and friends.Special Features:
- really enjoyed our BrunchLBMx13Dined on 8/2/2014A long way from home but I will dine there again. Service was great and the food was Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit overhyped...cduwaertsDined on 7/24/2014Was a bit deceived by the quality of the food especially for the price - both our fish dishes were undercooked! the service was excellent however!