Etoile Cuisine Et Bar
1101 Uptown Park Blvd
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Etoile Cuisine Et Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.etoilecuisine.com/
- Phone: 8326685808x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Sunday from 11 am - 3 pm
Sunday through Thursday from 5 pm - 10 pm
Friday and Saturday from 5 pm - 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Philippe Verpiand
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Coming soon...
- Private Party Facilities: We have private dining room/wine cellar with impecable ambiance and seats up to 20 guests, comfortably. It offers space for mingling or social events (cocktail service). We can go up to 24 persons, please speak with our private party coordinator for more information!
- Private Party Contact: Theresa Bouchard 8326685808x
- Special Events: Please visit our website for special events.
A word from Etoile Cuisine Et Bar
The owners of Étoile Cuisine et Bar, Chef Philippe Verpiand and Monica Bui, have created an inviting, warm European environment where both traditional and seasonal French food are front and center. "We want to dispel the notion that French food is heavy and pretentious," says the team, recently transplanted to Houston from San Diego, where they owned the famed Cavaillon Restaurant. Everything about Étoile Cuisine et Bar, from the inviting outside facade to the intriguing interior design to the high quality service, is meant to convey a feeling of truly being in France. With Chef Philippe's take on a seasonal menu using a French technique, it's a place where fine food lovers come together, not on a special occasion, but to enjoy every day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Etoile Cuisine Et Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
232 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (161)special occasion (134)romantic (112)notable wine list (94)neighborhood gem (81)great for lunch (81)great for brunch (53)great for outdoor dining (39)good for groups (31)hot spot (27)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2014I was dining with a party of four. Each of our meals was excellent. Couldn't fault anythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFishikDined on 10/18/2014Very impressed with a cocktail list. Food is consistently good after several visits. Little to bright in the dining room for my taste, but how will those oldies read the menues? i like to get away from the hip loud crowded places to enjoy a nice plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and cocktailCarlyDined on 10/18/2014We tried the tuna tartar dish which was on the daily menu, light and delicate taste with perfect amount of sauce and the frozen green apple purée was a very nice touch. We also ordered the soup of the day, butternut squash and carrot made into creamy and sweet purée, outstanding flavor. Lobster risotto was also good, great flavor, although I wish the rice is a bit more cooked. Duck confit was perfectly cooked, juicy, tender and melt in your mouth. The best of all the dishes though was the dissert, thin apple pie with extremely thinly sliced apple on top of crispy crust, topped with vanilla ice realm and slated caramel. OMG what a lovely combo, just so so delicious! We also ordered pineapple sour and Frenchman in Manhattan, very tasty!Special Features:
- DisappointingValjeanDined on 10/18/2014For what Etoile charges, the quality of the food was disappointing. The lobster bisque was very thin, and had the taste of a soup that came out of a Campbell's can. Etoile should have been embarrassed to serve it. My wife's risotto dish was mediocre. My friend's sea bass was overcooked. The 'steak au poivre,' on the other hand was very well prepared and delicious, although Etoile was far too sparing in the amount of sauce provided with the steak. The 'frites' were nothing special, in no way superior to what one finds at McDonald's. The profiteroles dessert was also disappointing, the pastry portion somewhat tough and tasteless, and the accompanying ice cream in now way special. The chocolate 'pastille' dessert was very, very tasty.
- DeliciousIlovebubblesDined on 10/17/2014What a lovely dining experience we had at Etoile. We started with the pate- which was fabulous. I had the sole. The menu boasts delis pic specialty cocktails- many featuring champagne. This is a lovely spot for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service poorBettyBDined on 10/14/2014Having never been here before, I suggested my girlfriend and I try this restaurant for lunch. We had a reservation, thank goodness, so were seated immediately, as the room was full. An interesting observation was that the main room was 99% women! while a smaller back room seemed to be all men. Anyway, it was a long time after being seated before anyone waited on us, and the lack of attention by our waiter continued throughout the meal. It seemed as though the wait staff was short-handed. They were rushing about full speed and even had a collision, spilling food, as one speeding bullet crashed into another at a blind corner. We had the sole meunière, and it was excellent!Special Features:
- Good Food, not so great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Booked our reservation on OpenTable and noted that it was an Anniversary. Arrived on Monday, 6pm, only 3 or 4 other patrons were there. The hostess sat us at a booth somewhat in the middle of the restaurant, when I asked if we could move because of the bright glare coming off of the office building across the street she moved us over one table and lowered the blind some. I was hoping for something a little more cozy.....like the tables in the back of the eatery. 15 minutes later a group of business men were seated at the table next to us, we may as well been seated with them. Won't be using OpenTable to make anniversary reservations again as my wife ..tched about the fact I should have called instead of making the reservation on lineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply superb!HoustonDiner61Dined on 10/11/2014I dined here on Saturday for a late lunch to celebrate a friend's birthday. This was my first time at this restaurant and I was very pleased with the overall experience. It was full but not overly crowded nor too noisy. We worked our way through an incredible menu and enjoyed every dish - beef tartare, house salad, mussels in a white wine sauce, and wild boar pasta. For dessert, we polished off the cheese selection. We enjoyed a beautiful bottle of champagne and a red wine. The service and the food were superb. I would highly recommend this restaurant and can't wait to dine here again.Special Features:
- Great experienceJaviDined on 10/8/2014It was a great culinary experience, remarkable service. Totally recommendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestGwf58VIPDined on 10/7/2014Etoile is without a doubt one of the most dependable places in Houston to get a really top notch gourmet meal!Special Features:
- Sat at the BarBookSpiderDined on 10/3/2014I sat at the bar. I had absinthe for the first time and it was an experience. The bartender had sought out the perfect drip mechanism of for adding the sugar and recommended several good items from the menu. The sue vie double pork chop was extremely moist and tender. Excellent service, excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmyVIPDined on 10/1/2014Excellent authentic French bistro, the best in west Houston. Fish to steak; soup to risotto; salad to dessertSpecial Features:
- Evening at EtoileCasagrandeDined on 10/1/2014Small and comfortable dining area. Started with two great specials on the cocktail menu: Frenchman in Manhattan and the Pimms Starters were delicious, foie gras and mushroom-leek soup. Dover sole and salmon on couscous capped a great meal , skipped dessert. Wait staff was polite and knowledgeable. Only downside was waiting at start and finish, to place order and for the bill. One more waiter would have helped. Maybe being a Wednesday night was part of the problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's ExcellencetexasbluebonnetDined on 10/1/2014After several incredible meals at Étoile, it has been dubbed our go-to restaurant. Chef never falters with preparation, flavor, and plating. The intense melody of the wine, veggies, chicken, and other ingredients in the coq au vin results in a tender rendition of a Beard award quality stew for an amazingly low price. They serve a glorious prime rib salad with generous large, juicy strips of tender beef. The sole meuniere with capers is delicately prepared but deliciously seasoned. And, ah, the steaming hot rolls! Beautiful whitewashed birch on the walls with Tiffany glass chandeliers, deep comfy chairs and baguettes all in shades of Wedgwood blues and bridges contribute to the intimate atmosphere at Étoile. It is a star, indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Etoile--another home run!bwfmmeDined on 9/28/2014A Monday night at Etoile in Uptown Park was a delightful, unhurried evening. Service was impeccable--an absolute 10! Wines were wonderful--I asked our waiter to choose one for me--couldn't have done better. We had mussels, seafood and amazing desserts. The praline crepe and profiteroles were generous enough to share and delicious! I love this place--only downside is the noise level. It would benefit from sound dampening material in the ceiling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch food and serviceLuvperfectprepdiningoutDined on 9/28/2014Went for brunch at 11, not crowded at that time. Excellent service, deliscious food prepared perfectly. Best omelette I've ever tasted - light and fluffy with just the right amount of gruyere and mushrooms. My husband's eggs benedict had the best sauce he'd ever had. Perfect coffee with frequent refills. Recommend highly for brunch. Will try dinner next.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We went for our anniversary. Service and food were amazing. No rush through courses or in making selections. Excellent recommendations for wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeDrFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Took the wife here for a birthday celebration and the staff was great. They handled the flower delivery I had arranged and a birthday message on the dessert plate which was a nice touch. The waiter, Oscar, was very friendly and sold the menu very well. The food is without question and the chef took a few minutes to ask us about the plate and wish her a happy birthday. Stellar food, stellar staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!CathyDined on 9/27/2014First time we went and we were really impressed with the quality of the food, we have lived in France, so we have experienced French food before, and we were very happy with our experience a l'EtoileSpecial Features:
- Fabulous FoodDL1965Dined on 9/26/2014Great evening for a 50th B Day celebration. We all enjoyed!!!! Thanks for making this a great night!Special Features:
- Second time was just as goodLooking4agudmealDined on 9/26/2014We love this place! Great good. Great service. The foie gras was great and so were the mussels in cream sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Paris...and Etoile!TexasfoodieDined on 9/26/2014Food is always consistent and good. Closest restaurant I've found to Paris in Houston. Love it!Special Features:
- Magnific!FoodieFriendVIPDined on 9/25/2014We had such a nice lunch, very cozy and quaint and the sole was Magnific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS!ChataVIPDined on 9/22/2014I was pleasantly surprised by this place. The food was very good. I ordered the Mussels and my friends ordered the duck. They were both very good, duck was perfectly cooked and the mussels were excellent! The service was very good as well. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French-food restaurantNenfeaDined on 9/20/2014High quality French food - presentation is very graphic and the taste is amazing. We followed the recommendation of our waiter for the wine, it was just the perfect fit for the food we had chosen (the magret de canard - roasted duck - which by the way I highly recommend). After enjoying our dinner, we asked our waiter to congratulate the chef for us, and had the pleasure of seeing him in person come at our table and discuss a bit with us. A great place to enjoy the food and the specific atmosphere of the restaurant.Special Features:
- excellent!hester58Dined on 9/16/2014Our waiter was absolutely superb - you are lucky to have him! Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulRegularVIPDined on 9/15/2014The food here is always worth the trip. When served by Weyland, it is over the top. There is no better French experience in this city of numerous good restaurants.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Lovely restaurant serving excellent food. Attentive staff.Special Features:
- Good but not great.GrCruVIPDined on 9/13/2014Appetizers were exceptional. Escargot, Lobster Bisque fabulous. Main course - special of the day was Bison, inconsistently cooked, and the sauce was dull. Duck (the test of a great Chef) was wonderful, as were the Salmon and Sea Bass. Very good, courteous, and non-invasive service. We enjoyed a evening of dining, not rushed by our server. Greatly appreciated.Special Features:
- Excellent Coc au Vin!HungryManDined on 9/11/2014Excellent food and ambiance! Good service and convenient location. Easy to book on line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming, great foodharrietVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was my 3rd visit here and it gets better and better. Great choices on the menu and "fit for foodies." I highly recommend this gem and it's nice to go to independent restaurant with great service.Special Features:
- Feels like I am on Rue di RivoliDBA0904Dined on 9/5/2014Extraordinary experience again w/the wife & I celebrating our anniversary, the restaurant provided the 2 of us w/a complementary bottle of champagne to start off the evening. We ordered an amazing Bordeaux, 1 of many stars to choose from. Our meal started w/seared foie gras & a mushroom ravioli. While the foie gras was fantastic, the ravioli was the best I have ever had. We then ordered the petit filet & diver scallops. The filet was epic, paired w/perfectly flavored spring vegetables over creamy potatoes & a nice wine sauce. The scallops were heavenly as well w/the perfect amount of salt & pepper so as not to compete w/the natural flavors. The apple tart completed our meal & was amazing...crisply cooked & enhanced. A superb meal, 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tennisfoodieDined on 8/31/2014We had the Restaurant Week menu and found all the dishes amazing. The cocktails were also delicious. We will definitely go again on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Place..Big TasteDisappointedDined on 8/31/2014I am so glad we selected this as the last of our Houston Restaurant Weeks places to try. This was my first visit to Etoile even though I have been to Uptown Park many times and passed right by it. It's like stepping out of Houston and into a small French Bistro. The food and service were excellent. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a StarBallatoreDined on 8/31/2014From the HRW brunch menu we loved every course. A subtle vichysoise and a surprisingly tasty brie tart to start. She chose the coq au vin and really didn't want to share it. I loved the filet of sole with abundant capers to accent. Apple tart and profiteroles to finish, plus a cup of coffee. Generous portions all. Skilled service. Was a great brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine room/great foodGlutenFreeTravelerDined on 8/31/2014In our group we had vegetarian, carnivore, gluten and dairy free persons. All of us loved what we had! I recommend asking for the little wine room in back! Super adorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DodieDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was very noisy-we could not hear each other talk. My daughter-in-law's scallops were very undercooked at first but they took them back to the kitchen and cooked them properly. The wine list was very good. The people that served us were very nice.Special Features:
- houston restaurant weekjeffDined on 8/30/2014it was good. i had beef tartar, lamb shank, and pistachio ice cream. good for restaurant weekSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The food was well prepared and intense flavors. The service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeateaDined on 8/29/2014The service was good; my husband liked his short ribs but i did not like my duck confit; it was too salty. desserts were good. all courses were elegantly displayed.