Ethos Restaurant - Great Neck
25 Middle Neck Road
Great Neck, NY 11021Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Ethos Restaurant - Great Neck
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ethosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 5163054958
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Ethos Restaurant - Great Neck
Ethos gives the impression of dining by the beachside and offers a feast for your lips and eyes. We welcome you to dine with us. "Ya Mas" (To our health)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ethos Restaurant - Great Neck reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (7)romantic (4)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (3)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- J & F Woodbury NYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014first time at this restaurant Saturday night 9/13 food was excellent from the appetizers , salads, entrees and the desert will definitely be back again soonSpecial Features:
- Great place, excellent food!VickyDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I tried Ethos for lunch on a Sunday after visiting someone at a nearby hospital. We were surprised that the place was not crowded at all, there was only a couple dining. Then people started to come after we came in. Surprisingly, the food was superb! The pita bread was so good, it came with hummus but we also ordered the eggplant appetizer. I had the Risotto with shrimps and it was really good. My husband had the chicken kebab which was fine. They even gave us a complimentary dessert of baklava and some apple tart which were both very good. Coffee was also good. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek in Great NeckGolem212VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were on Long Island and had dined at Ethos in Manhattan, so we decided to give the Great Neck branch a try. The service was friendly and the staff were warm and welcoming. The wine list was reasonable and varied. Unfortunately, my soft shell crabs were a bit rubbery, but the lamb shank was great. So it's definitely worth a try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarciDined on 8/12/2014Service is always very good. Sometimes the noise level is too loud when restaurant is full. Food is very good and help is always very helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant MealAnOldFriendDined on 8/9/2014Mnagement seems to have changed in recent months. This group appears to have it's act together. Eager to please; pleasant surroundings; good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-sosullygrahamVIPDined on 8/5/2014The service and the Greek Salad were the best part of our experience here. The other small dishes did not seem super fresh, like the spanakopita and the bean salad. The Greek red wine I selected also seemed stale, although the Greek white wine selected by our server was better. I will not return here.
- diningoutDined on 8/2/2014We had not been there in a long time and were pleasantly surprised in the spruced up decor and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!LVNYCVIPDined on 7/26/2014Food is great, and portions are large. Save room for dessert, because you'll get a little piece of Greek pastry on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014authentic greek food in a beautiful setting. Service was great and friendly. definitely worth checking out if your looking for a greek restaurant and dont want to trek into Astoria
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/23/2014Ordered king prawns and the order consisted of 2 prawnsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood restaurantLovewaterfrontshacksDined on 6/21/2014The food, the service and the ambiance were all good, not outstanding, but good. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The following 43 reviews are from the Ethos Restaurant - Great Neck reviews archive.
- Always good food, except ...FundguyVIPDined on 5/17/2014We have dined here several times. It is not high end food, but almost everything we've tried has been good or very good -- and you really can't go wrong with their perfectly grilled, always fresh, whole fish. But this time my wife ordered the lemon-chicken soup, and I'm sorry to say it was a tasteless, gloppy mess. We tried adding salt, then pepper, but nothing helped. So stay away from that, enjoy their other fine dishes, and you'll have a pleasant time.Special Features:
- mother's daycherluiVIPDined on 5/11/2014My daugther and I went on Mother's day and it was the 2nd time dining there. The first time the grilled octupus was very good. On Mother's day it was a very limited menu. My daughter's grilled lamb kebob was very chewy. I don't think I will be returning there any time soon.Special Features:
- AsheeVIPDined on 5/3/2014Good spot but food way over cooked but great service & very homely
- Great food and serviceForkedDined on 5/2/2014Food always excellent. Everything we have tried has been tasty and prepared to perfection. Service is friendly and fast. The Grilled Calamari is the best I've tasted. Salmon excellent.Special Features:
- Fish ExpertsNewlureviewVIPDined on 4/27/2014We had the salmon tartar special and grilled octopus. Both fresh and delicious. The whole fish we chose for our entrees were perfectly cooked. Service was very nice. We go back to this restaurant often. We have hosted dinner here for a group as well and loved it.Special Features:
- Too little too lateOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/26/2014Although the food was good and the maître d very nice we waited more than a half hour from our reservation to be seated. there were empty tables but they wouldn't seat us "waiting for a big party" that never materialized.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodForkedDined on 4/25/2014Greek food at its best. All dishes fresh and prepared perfectly. Recommend the Grilled Calamari, Grilled Salmon, Pear Salad. But can not go wrong here. Very friendly wait staff. Nice atmosphere. A bit more expensive then most Greek restaurants but worth itSpecial Features:
- Not completely soldWenchDined on 3/21/2014Ethos is hit and miss for us. We ate here with a group of 8, our second visit, and everyone seemed to be pleased. My husband had a steak and it was really good, but the side of mashed potatoes were like glue. Bleck. I ordered the lamb shank which was also very good, but the side of orzo was not good. It was just orzo smothered in tomato sauce. Not sure when we'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice and attentive waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/14/2014very nice and attentive waiter who was very helpful. the early bird dinner was great and the food was delicious. it was our first time there and we cannot wait to return
- Fish fish!LuluDined on 2/22/2014My group (4) all had whole fish, brought in fresh that afternoon. It was simple and outrageous...only bones left on the plate! We'd absolutely make this our half-way meeting place form now on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayImbyDined on 2/14/2014Everything was very nice. Food was very good. Scallops appetizer/ filet mignon-delish. Waiter seemed a bit new, but will get it down. Live jazz. Very nice night. I recommend this place. Noise level rating solely due to Live Jazz playing-nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had aproblem with the glasscantstnadthenoiseVIPDined on 1/26/2014Had aproblem with the glass of Chardonnay that I ordered . Waiter changed it with no questions asked and no charge. We were also served a delicious pastry dessert compliments of the house. Very gracious treatment.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantjoanDined on 1/24/2014The food is outstanding. The service superb. You will love being there. You have to try it to see for yourself that it is a culinary experience. Good appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fishJubeVIPDined on 1/11/2014We have been here before and each time we enjoy the most wonderful selection of fresh fish. Preparation is superb and service is very attentive. Along with the fish we enjoy the varied selection of. traditional Greek appetizers. Every meal ends with a complimentary sampling of wonderful Greek pastries for the table. Best of all this meal won't break the bank. Can't wait to go back,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ethos WednesdayBybesVIPDined on 12/4/2013Food was good but they were out of octopus which really put a damper on the appetizer I ordered plus a singer midweek... noise level too much.Special Features:
- We were a party of 7 on aOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/18/2012We were a party of 7 on a Wednesday night. It had rained heavily all day. Maybe that's why there was only one other table taken. Naturally, it was quiet in the room, and we had all the attention we could ask for. Most of our party really liked their entrees, but two who ordered the salmon were not happy. They were too dry and too thick for their tastes. The whole bronzini, however, was marvelous, as was the swordfish. The restaurant is nicely decorated, and the chairs are roomy and comfortable. This is a good choice for Greek/Mediterranean food.
- Excellent service and I amQuentinDined on 7/9/2012Excellent service and I am sure it will be much more crowded when they get a liquor license.
- Good food. Could have beenNYEatzDined on 7/9/2012Good food. Could have been an off day, but wouldn't call this place a scene. Service was great!Special Features:
- Restaurant in a downward spiralRightwriteVIPDined on 7/4/2012Restaurant has changed ownership and does NOT have a liquor license. Sign outside declares "BYOB, No Corkage Charge." Duh. New Ownership, despite lack of license) selectively & surreptitiously offers bottles of wine to CERTAIN guests to keep them from going elsewhere to dine. The food stays fairly palatable but the entire experience from kitchen to staff to management, seems uninvolved and disinterested in providing a satisfactory experience
- Very relaxed, cozy, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2012Very relaxed, cozy, excellent service.... Best whole fish!Special Features:
- service was a little slowmarieDined on 6/8/2012service was a little slow at first, once waiter service was established she was great, very attentive, pretty quick but not too fast.Special Features:
- Hadn't been here in some timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/4/2012Hadn't been here in some time and wasn't sorry I returned. Had the dinner prix fixe and enjoyed it. Started with salad and then had the bronzino. While my friends and I were assured it would be filet, quite a number of bones were still in place. The accompanying veggies were ok, the bread delish. Our server was delightful. By the time we left, the place was packed. It's obvious this place has a following. For me, a good fallback restaurant.
- Service was nice, but verygaryVIPDined on 6/2/2012Service was nice, but very unattentive. Waited a long time for menus, never checked on us. Everything else was good. Service was very nice when they showed up.
- We loved the food but wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/2/2012We loved the food but were handed a menu of a wine list with wines no longer available. When we were finally offered the "current" list 1/2 the wines were still not in stock. Then we tried for a rum and coke and there was no spiced rum!!!! Very frustrating. The food is EXCELLENTT but don't go there expecting to hear any specials or ge a glass or wine you want! We. Invited another couple there and. Found ourselves wishing we chose another restaurant since they are the type that enjoy a good wine list. Also, the ages of the customers are 75 at a minimum. It used to be a hip restaurant with incredible food$ now its a restaurant with great food. It has been knocked down a solid notch.
- Who doesn't like Greek food?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2012I dinned here with two of my friends and we all thought the service and the food was excellent. We had grilled octopus, squid and shrimp for an appetizer. Our entrees were - Char grilled Baby Lamb Chops, Half Roasted Chicken With Lemon Potatoes and I had the Grilled Shrimp in some sort of wonderful red sauce and Lemon Potatoes. We all enjoyed our meals. They even gave us desert, that we shared, on the house. The food was fresh, flavorful and like I said, the service was perfect. I have no complains about my experience. I will surely go back and recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Went for a celebration, earlyPodocDined on 5/6/2012Went for a celebration, early mother's day. It was nice. My cousins were there a few times before and seem to like it. It's hard for me to say how good it is since I'm not crazy about greek food but it was pretty good. The bacclova was excelent.Special Features:
- Once again we enjoyed theNewlureviewVIPDined on 5/6/2012Once again we enjoyed the wonderful and well prepared Greek food at this restaurant. The branzino was generous and delicious. A great choice for restaurant week on Long Island.Special Features:
- everyone working there isOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2012everyone working there is clueless-thank god the food is decent.
- Everything was perfect! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/5/2012Everything was perfect! Great service, great food, can't wait to come back again!Special Features: