542 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ethosmeze.com/
- Phone: 2126860372x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ethos Meze caters for all occasions!! Have Ethos Meze cater your next event your guest will THANK YOU!!! We can create the perfect party packages for Birthday's, Charity Events, Business Meetings and all other celebrations!!! Please contact us to being planning your next special occasion.
- Entertainment: TVs and Surround Sound Music
- Special Events: SUNDAY 02/02/12 CHECK OUT OUR SUPERBOWL PARTY Drink Specials and SUPERBOWL Menu
A word from Ethos Meze
Ethos Meze is a new Mediterranean Meze Bar located on the Northwest corner of 36th street and 3rd Ave. Come join us for Lunch 11:30am, Dinner 5pm and $15 or $25 Brunch on Saturday's and Sunday's 11am to 4pm. Happy Hours 4-7pm everyday: $4, $5 and $6 beer wine and well drinks. We have a unique list of specialty cocktails and daily food special.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ethos Meze reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)special occasion (3)romantic (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Finally a Greek tapas bar!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We loved the small size of this restaurant. The choice of plates was extensive. The staff was friendly and casual. I highly recommend the scallops with risotto, the grilled octopus and the the vegetable napolean! The wine list is well chosen and moderately priced. A new favorite for sure!Special Features:
- Lovely surprisegardenDined on 8/30/2014What a delightful menu with all kinds of interesting choices of both small & large plates of delicious food. I would recommend sharing as each tasty treat that arrived at the table just begged to be shared. Service was good but it was a little troublesome that with the bar and those at it are part of the restaurant. You may be sharing a boisterous group's conversations which can interfere with your ability to enjoy conversations at your own table as the restaurant is fairly small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I really enjoyed their Moroccan omelette for brunch, & their sangria packs a punch! I think they actually add brandy & vodka in their sangria, which def makes It unique.. It's also super inexpensive, an entree + unlimited drinks goes for $25.. Best deal everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!Special Features:
- Excellent serviceKnickNationDined on 8/28/2014We were greeted by Alexandra and seated promptly. Even after she handed us off to our server she checked on us continuously through our stay of 2.5 hours. She was a delight and we received excellent service from the entire staff. We will be back with friends.Special Features:
- Service ruined experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was very good. Not traditional Greek -- no taramasalata (sp). But excellent swordfish entree. Amazing spare ribs app. Service was so bad. Uber efficient, borderline nasty waitress. Not accommodating. Not nice. Ruined overall experience. Wouldn't bother going back unless stuck in that neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodGoodVIPDined on 7/28/2014Delicios and large portions. Great spot in a cool areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedSusanDined on 7/22/2014I'd not been to this restaurant previously, even though I live in the neighborhood. Now, having been there, I will become a regular. The food is outstanding!!! The staff was attentive and helpful, and we didn't feel rushed, even though the place was busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute cafe in Murray Hill for tapaskellyVIPDined on 7/13/2014It's a quaint, clean place that serves a variety of foods including brunch, lunch, tapas and dinner. We chose a couple of tapas for the first time. They were tasty. The handsome guy, Berst, who took our orders, is the highlight of the restaurant. He exudes such charm and warmth that we would return just to see him again. A local gem!Special Features:
- pokeysmomDined on 7/5/2014Good job! They aim to please. I've had brunch, lunch & dinner here. All quite good food & good size portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek findDKCTDined on 6/25/2014Not your usual Greek joint. Try the scallop in Kataifi. Never seen this on any menu. Terrific.Special Features:
- Great food and menuWolvie01Dined on 5/30/2014I was very happy with the food but the host upset me. A friend and I walked by the restaurant and decided we wanted to go in. The host said it would be 45 minutes. My friend and I went outside and booked reservations on Open Table, jumping everyone on the wait list on his screen. He still made us wait until he seated everyone else who was a walk-in. This was upsetting. However, the food and ambiance more than made up for the initial set back. A man who I believe was the owner checked on us and our satisfaction with the food, which was excellent, and made recommendations of other dishes which I intend to try in the future.Special Features:
- Amazing Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/22/2014Ethos Meze is an amazing find! Great food, moderately priced with nice ambience and wonderful service. You must check it out if you're in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- The following 49 reviews are from the Ethos Meze reviews archive.
- Summer in the CitygransanVIPDined on 5/1/2014Seated at the bar with the double doors wide open...felt like we were outdoors without the bother of pedestrians and cars. May 1, 77 degrees, great food, wine and friends. Doesn't get much better.Special Features:
- BobyDined on 4/26/2014They automatically charge 20% tip for any number of persons! I believe the amount of tip should be left to the client.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gransanVIPDined on 4/20/2014Would have given a five star review except two meals were not served in a timely manner. We were admittedly a very large group. Great food, staff so friendly and accommodating. Everyone raved!Special Features:
- Dinner for 2TessDined on 4/19/2014We had the plate for 2 people, with seafood and risotto. It was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchStoneDined on 4/18/2014Food are excellent. With gift certificate it's great. Didn't try dinner though.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedcasanitaVIPDined on 4/8/2014First off, we thought we were going to the other Ethos further south on 3rd so right off the bat we we're put off. Unfortunately, we were meeting People otherwise we would have left. My husband ordered a martini with olives, had to send it back. Olives were inedible and drink was watered Down. Food was ok but not as good as the sister restaurant.
- New items on the menu weeklygransanVIPDined on 3/28/2014New items on the menu weekly continue to improve the menu. Mediterranean salad and the Napoleon are the best meatless choices ever! Service as always is superb and filled with smiles.Special Features:
- Opa!DRKNYCDined on 3/23/2014This was my second visit to Ethos Meze and I have to tell you they didn't disappoint. The staff is very friendly and attentive and the food is divine starting off with simple warm pita bread with garlic in oil. I had the shrimp. The portion was absolutely perfect. Just like in Goldilocks sometimes portions are too big or too small. The chef at Ethos Meze serves up the perfect portion. One of my friends got the lamb (one thing I won't eat) but she raved about it. Another got the chicken and it was moist and tasty. We shared a bottle of French Chardonnay (around $30). It was quite good. If you have a hankering for great food and service, get on over to Ethos Meze. But, I would recommend reservations. The place isn't that big!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now that's Service!gransanVIPDined on 3/7/2014Upon her suggestion, we permitted the bar tender to order our entire food menu. She was remarkable in both selection and pacing. We entertained a group of friends at the bar and ate all night long. Every dish was seemingly perfect The variety was stunning. How nice to dedicate our time to conversation and laughter rather than debating and dissecting a sometimes overwhelming menu. Hats off to the drink recommendations as well.....here, here Cucumber and Expresso Martini's. Bravo Ethos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourists had a Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2014We checked out groupon before heading down to NYC and found a groupon for this place not too far from our hotel. We had an incredible meal and great service! We started with a salmon/ haloumi cheese and scallop appetizers that were both delicious and cooked to perfection. For main courses, we had swordfish and a medi paella (with shrimp, scallops, mussells) that were both fantasic. They even brought a small dessert taht was not included in the groupon special and complimentary. The wine we had with out meal was also fantastic. Great ambience as well/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood JointJMNYCVIPDined on 2/22/2014Great little place in the neighborhood. Food is consistently good and service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchFoodie89Dined on 2/22/2014Brunch was great. Good value and had one of the best omelets I have ever had. Although, I don't know why it is always empty in here.Special Features:
- The TWO S's make Ethos MezegransanVIPDined on 2/21/2014The TWO S's make Ethos Meze Spectacular......Small plates and Service! The small plates allow a leisurely evening tasting a wide variety of delicious food. The terrific service provides vital advise on selection. I had one of the most pleasant evenings ever sharing conversation, food and wine with my favorite sister-in-law. It doesn't get much better than this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was greatScorpionVIPDined on 2/12/2014I am really tough person to please when it comes to food but I really liked everything from this restaurant. Very reasonable, too.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyable!kushieVIPDined on 2/10/2014Really liked the ambiance, the food and the service. My friend tried the greek pizza, I tasted, it was really good. I highly recommend the seafood paella, made with light tomato sauce and orzo, Would definately go again.Special Features:
- Best party worst game ever!gransanVIPDined on 2/2/2014We attended the Sunday Funday Football Super Bowl party at Ethos. The special menu was well chosen and prepared. The staff was attentive, energetic and entertaining. A really tasteful, fun evening. Thank goodness, because the game was so disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!merylnycDined on 2/2/2014Our food, the presentation and service were excellent. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real Greek wayLuv2eatVIPDined on 1/28/2014Food was very good... Service was ok. They really tried to please us in every way Would go back one day!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surprise in murray hillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/23/2014The service was fantastic and the food was amazing. The tapas were absolutely delicious and oh so big for the price. Our server was extremely attentive, coming by multiple times to check on us and our food. I'll be back!Special Features:
- GOOD GREEK FOODCKOUMTOGDined on 1/16/2014My girlfriend and I went here mainly because we haven't had great Greek food in a long time, we go out a lot and have recently been to Madiba (South African Food), Sofrito (Puerto Rican Food), Fogo de Chao (Brazilian Food) etc here in NYC but also Indian food (at Amber in San Francisco etc) and compared to them, Ethos Meze is okay. I would recommand it yes, also because of the Greek beer, which I tried after the cocktail, it was also great. The bar area is nice and the ambiance was cool. This restaurant is over all good, a number of design changes are needed, like the seats but again, check it out for yourself. PS we noticed that the entrees were alittle too pricy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small plateseastsiderDined on 12/11/2013This restaurant was recommended by a colleague for its small plates (meze). However the restaurant has a separate lunch menu with limited meze offerings but we still ordered off the meze menu thanks to the waitress who overheard our demands for meze. The meze plates were absolutely delicious. We ordered the grilled octupus; the scallops in phyllo pastry; zuchini fritters; grilled lamb; and grilled vegs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/6/2013Nice neighborhood restaurant with friendly service and patrons. The usual Greek offerings. I have been there several times and always satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for 2pm Sat. brunch....partgransanVIPDined on 11/23/2013We went for 2pm Sat. brunch....party of 7. The food exceptional.... better than their usual good fair. Individual requests were happily noted and accurately delivered. We were a challenging, happy group. We stayed for over 4 hours. We brought out of town friends for the first time and they loved it. Thank you Ethos, for a great, great day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ethos by nameOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/19/2013Ive always gone to ethos in the 50s and went here for the first time expecting the same level of experience. The décor is slightly higher than a dinner with more contemporary color choices and fixtures. The food was not up to par in my opinion when considering pricing and market they are catering to. The waiter and servers were amazing. Lamb chops were tasteless. The pita and garlic sauce was the best thing they had to offer, and that is complimentary. Great drink specials before 7pm.Special Features:
- Greek not ChicLaurieposDined on 10/29/2013Love the food and the service but it was extremely noisy because there where two large groups there.I think the restaurant would benefit from some plants or padding the walls somehow to absorb the noise levelSpecial Features:
- Every dish, and we sharedgransanVIPDined on 10/29/2013Every dish, and we shared many, was delicious! Fresh ingredients, elegantly presented. Service was detailed and attentive. We changed the number in our party last minute and were graciously accomodated. Fantastic Expresso Martini's to close folllowed by a surprisingly, resonable bill. Highly reccomend this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodHate2cookVIPDined on 9/30/2013Love the small plates and spreads. Food is very good, prices reasonable and service very friendly. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Where did the old Ethos go?OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/17/2013Wow, things changed alright. I've been to Ethos four times, so when I saw that it changed to Ethos Meze, I figured it was merely marketing. Instead, they moved a few blocks from the old location. The space is not special, nor is the food. The Greek food used to be solid and tasty. What I got tonight was fried, bland and uninteresting. The place was empty. Perhaps a sign? I wonder if the Taverna offshoot is better. Skip Ethos Meze. Go to Uncle Nick's instead.