352 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.etcetcnyc.com/
- Phone: 2123994141x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Daniele Kucera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our private events coordinator for more information regarding off-site catering.
- Special Events: To learn more about hosting your next event, please contact Anna De Chevalier. firstname.lastname@example.org 212-399-4141 The Second Floor can hold parties fro 10 to 100 people seated, 200 standing. Call or email for more information.
A word from Etcetera Etcetera
"Just a heartbeat away from the buzz of Broadway and the vibrant energy of Hell’s Kitchen, Etcetera Etcetera is a modern and cozy oasis of culinary delights – the perfect place for pre-dinner cocktails, post-theatre dinners and everything in between. Owner Daniele Kucera has drawn on his own unique cultural heritage and many years of restaurant expertise to create a warm sanctuary of elegant dining. With its sleek, gorgeous interior and sharp, friendly staff, Etcetera Etcetera has become a heavenly haven and shimmering neighborhood fixture for both discriminating New Yorkers and curious tourists. In addition to mouth-watering favorites such as Scialatielli, Grouper and Skirt Steak, there are always fresh and innovative options on the seasonal menus, and the outgoing staff is always good for a tasty recommendation. Whether you are looking for an intimate dinner, planning a large party or just want to grab fare, you can do it all in grand style at Etcetera Etcetera."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Etcetera Etcetera reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (94)fit for foodies (83)special occasion (49)romantic (40)good for groups (29)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (20)late-night find (19)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/21/2008The food was excellent and the service was very friendly and fast. It is a beautiful space.Special Features:
- Even better the second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/21/2008Even better the second time around. Food was delicious, drinks ample and fairly priced and the wait staff was cordial and knowledgable. A must try before or after theater. Save space for dessert.Special Features:
- Very accomodating to my specialOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/18/2008Very accomodating to my special requests and for allowing two groups arriving at different times to dine toghether.Special Features:
- This is a great find in aNiiaVIPDined on 5/18/2008This is a great find in a neighborhood that is often lacking in good food. The decor is colorful and upbeat. The service is lovely and welcoming and the food is really great. Interesting, varied menu with something for everyone. Service is quick when you need it to be fast - if you're making a show. But there isn't a feeling of being rushed. I've been there twice and both times were excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- It is perfect for pre or postBF12Dined on 5/17/2008It is perfect for pre or post theater. Yet, would eat there even if I wasn't going to the theater. The restaurant is mindful of getting you to the theater on time and yet did not rush dinner. Good, reasonable wine list.Special Features:
- I've been passing this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2008I've been passing this restaurant for a while and finally decided to go with a friend. We loved it. From the gracious maitre d' to the friendly and helpful waiters to the wonderful Italian cuisine! I'm Italian and I must tell you that was the best Lasagna Bolognese I ever had! Patrons seemed to just want to talk to each other in this congenial atmosphere and we did! Something good is happening at this wonderful restaurant! I'm going back!Special Features:
- The food and service wereFoodieVIPDined on 5/15/2008The food and service were wonderful, but you need to up your dollar signs from $$ to $$$. The tables were far enough apart to create a calm dining experience.Special Features:
- good place for pre theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2008good place for pre theatre dinner: prompt, priced well, pleasant staff, and i liked the small plates of pasta and a salad.Special Features:
- Good pre-theatre restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2008Good pre-theatre restaurant. The service was really friendly. Food was above average for a theatre district restaurant
- The restaurant was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2008The restaurant was great. Food was very good. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. They made us feel very special. We went for a graduation dinner and they came out with a dessert that had Happy Graduation on it! Would definately go back often.Special Features:
- We went early as we had aOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/13/2008We went early as we had a 7 PM theatre show. The wait staff was fantastic - attentive to every detail, curtious and friendly. The food was very good and cooked just right. We plan to return here again, relieve the experience, etc., etc. Jonathan HirschSpecial Features:
- Four of us dined on 5/11/08mjpileggiDined on 5/11/2008Four of us dined on 5/11/08 after the theatre. We enjoyed the contemporary atmosphere, the excellent food, & the service. The restaurant was only 1/3rd full, so it wasn’t noisy. Waiters were attentive and kept our wine glasses filled. The portions of the food fit well with the prices we paid. We ordered: grilled baby octopus salad with fennel, bell peppers, green asparagus and citrus; Pappardelle w/rabbit ragout; a selection of sliced Italian cured meats (a meal in itself), the excellent grilled skirt steak, Parma prosciutto over melon w/grilled dates wrapped in pancetta; Veal, raisin and amaretto filled ravioli; eggplant parmesan, a roasted chicken dish. Desserts were small but excellent. Highly recommended! Will go back again!Special Features:
- Our meal was delicious withOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/10/2008Our meal was delicious with very ample portions. Highly recommend the hangar steak and they have a nice prix-fixe menu. However, the noise level kept a buzz going on in the background sometimes making it hard to hear. Attractive modern decor but the service people rush around too much taking away from a more relaxed feeling. We were in and out in plenty of time to make theater...maybe that's why they rushSpecial Features:
- We really enjoyed our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2008We really enjoyed our dinner here. I am not from NY, so it was hit or miss to find a restaurant that was not a tourist trap. This one had a nice modern Italian menu with half portions available. Fixed Prix menu availalbe and reasonably priced for being in the theatre district in NY. Enjoyed the service very much. The staff was attentive and knowledgable. They called me the day before to confirm the reservation. Upstairs dining room and downstairs. Downstairs is more vibrant, but upstairs was quiet and peaceful.
- Delicious food, meticulousSusanSDined on 5/6/2008Delicious food, meticulous service, and portions that are just the right size. The menu is carefully edited, showing that the restaurant is wise enough not to be all things to all people. I will definitely keep it high on my list of pre-theatre places. Last point. It's less expensive than almost any comparative place I've visited on Restaurant Row.Special Features:
- we went for pre theater dinner.jayb123VIPDined on 5/6/2008we went for pre theater dinner. the host was very amiable and gracious upon our arrival. he also asked if we were going to the theater and the time of our show. this was all very nice. and, by the way, they got us out perfectly on time. the service at the restaurant too was very accomodating. and the ambiance of the place was good too. the only problem, the only problem was the food. it wasn't bad. but it certainly was not good. very plain. bland. absolutely nothig special at all. my wife had the salmon and i had the lasagna. just ok. i've had better many times....except that with coffee came a little plate of cookies that were actually quite good. but that is not enough to bring us back. sorry to say. wish it were better.
- Very reasonably priced forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2008Very reasonably priced for a NYC restaurant in the theatre district. We all enjoyed ourselves and our waiter was excellent and friendly.
- REally excellent find in theJoannelizVIPDined on 5/3/2008REally excellent find in the Broadway show district. Food is really home made and delicious and the service is excellent..only small problem is that on a Saturday night the noise level is a bit too high. Really a great Broadway area find!!!Special Features:
- One of the appetizers wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2008One of the appetizers was inedible (crab cakes); it was mostly breading, very little crab meat. Other food was delicious. Salad was outstanding (arugula salad). Aperitif & wine were good. Dessert which was complimentary (because of the crab cakes)was Lemon Sorbet with Lemoncello and was delicious.Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2008This was our second visit to the restaurant, and it was even better the second time around. We were going to see a show and we had plenty of time to eat, and at the same time we didn't feel at all rushed. The food was delicious, the service remarkable. We cannot wait to visit again!Special Features:
- A very good theater districtEdieSVIPDined on 5/2/2008A very good theater district restaurant. The food and service were excellent. I would recommend this to theatergoers hoping to add a well cooked meal in pleasant surroundings to their evening.
- Great theater location withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/29/2008Great theater location with good food, good service and an interesting decor.Special Features:
- waiter was charming. foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/27/2008waiter was charming. food delicious good overall experienceSpecial Features:
- We were well taken care of!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/27/2008We were well taken care of! Great service and an enjoyable dinner.
- There was a hair in the mashedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/26/2008There was a hair in the mashed potatoes and when they took the dinner plate back to the cook, re-cooked the meal, and returned the plate, they forgot the mashed potatoes and had to take the dish back again. By the time I ate, my fiance had already finished his meal.Special Features:
- Great service and an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/26/2008Great service and an excellent dining experience. The food was well proportioned.Special Features:
- This restaurant is extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/24/2008This restaurant is extremely noisy. The food, although tasty, is overpriced and the salad was small for $13.00. There are much better Italians in the Theater Distrct than this.Special Features:
- Very pleasant pre-theatreMelissaVIPDined on 4/23/2008Very pleasant pre-theatre lunch (and I'm sure dinner, too) spot. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- I had a wonderful experiencedukeelVIPDined on 4/20/2008I had a wonderful experience at this restaurant. The food was wonderful, even though I wished the portion of my pasta dish could be more generous. Staff and waiters were very professional. Overall, it is a good restaurant in the city.Special Features:
- The restaurant has a smart-lookingPaul64Dined on 4/20/2008The restaurant has a smart-looking bar and is very nicely decorated. There were four of us including our 15 year old daughter and everyone enjoyed their meals. Main entrees can also be had as appetizer portions. The portions are not gargantuan, which does not mean that the restaurant skimps on serving size. Rather, the servings were just right. We ate at the restaurant after a Sunday matinee; about half the tables were taken. If the restaurant were full the noise level would be high. The service was excellent. I restaurant highly.Special Features:
- Perfect before/after an eventOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008Perfect before/after an event at a Broadway theatreSpecial Features:
- very convenient to theatrejackVIPDined on 4/16/2008very convenient to theatre and you are always guaranteed great meal and sevice.
- outstanding service. beautiful,KKNYCVIPDined on 4/16/2008outstanding service. beautiful, excellent restaurant in the theater district i will certainly put this great restaurant on my "theater district" favorite list and recommend it to others for a terrific and reasonably priced dinnerSpecial Features:
- Wonderful as always. I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/16/2008Wonderful as always. I have been there several times.
- Our experience was VERY satisfying.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2008Our experience was VERY satisfying. WE will definitely return.Special Features:
- I wanted to dine at EtceteraOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/16/2008I wanted to dine at Etcetera Etcetera because ViceVersa, a sister restaurant, is one of my favorites. Etcetera does not disappoint. Its menu is unusual and not the usual Italian fare. I ate there on Wednesday lunch and the wait staff was a little overwhelmed by several large groups of ladies. My meal was delicious and I will assuredly return. My only complaint was that my drink sat on the bar, getting warm, when it should have been served promptly.Special Features:
- Did a great job of gettingDeniseVIPDined on 4/15/2008Did a great job of getting us in and out to theater on-time and without making us feel stressed or rushed!Special Features:
- The ravioli were excellent.benkawallerVIPDined on 4/12/2008The ravioli were excellent. So was the coffee/espresso dessert--I was surprised I'd never had that anywhere else. The scallops were less great (too small to give only 5 or 6 of them, and not very inspired), but though the ratatouille was very tasty. Service was fine.Special Features:
- good for pre-theater; barluvtheatreDined on 4/11/2008good for pre-theater; bar seating was also nice pre-dinner-great mango margaritapSpecial Features:
- unfortunately one person inSteveGVIPDined on 4/11/2008unfortunately one person in our party returned her food twice (bland, tasteless)..my food (scallops/ pasta w shrimp) was good