352 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.etcetcnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 399-4141
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Daniele Kucera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our private events coordinator for more information regarding off-site catering.
- Special Events: To learn more about hosting your next event, please contact Anna De Chevalier. email@example.com 212-399-4141 The Second Floor can hold parties fro 10 to 100 people seated, 200 standing. Call or email for more information.
A word from Etcetera Etcetera
"Just a heartbeat away from the buzz of Broadway and the vibrant energy of Hell’s Kitchen, Etcetera Etcetera is a modern and cozy oasis of culinary delights – the perfect place for pre-dinner cocktails, post-theatre dinners and everything in between. Owner Daniele Kucera has drawn on his own unique cultural heritage and many years of restaurant expertise to create a warm sanctuary of elegant dining. With its sleek, gorgeous interior and sharp, friendly staff, Etcetera Etcetera has become a heavenly haven and shimmering neighborhood fixture for both discriminating New Yorkers and curious tourists. In addition to mouth-watering favorites such as Scialatielli, Grouper and Skirt Steak, there are always fresh and innovative options on the seasonal menus, and the outgoing staff is always good for a tasty recommendation. Whether you are looking for an intimate dinner, planning a large party or just want to grab fare, you can do it all in grand style at Etcetera Etcetera."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Etcetera Etcetera reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (105)fit for foodies (98)special occasion (56)romantic (42)good for groups (37)great for brunch (29)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (22)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/18/2008Excellent dining experience - while waiting for our table the maitre'd served us glasses of wine which we found out later were on the house. Also, a plate of cookie for dessert came free with our dessert. Extremely friendly waitstaff, able to make great recommendations, very accomodating.Special Features:
- Excellent service with notedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2008Excellent service with noted interest in making sure we were in time for our show. At first we thought our portions were small then realized the bowls were deeper than they appeared. Everything was delicious! A great find for pre-show dinners.Special Features:
- The best way I can say whoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2008The best way I can say who would like this type of food is people who like "experimental Italian." My mom and I went here on coupon from Restaurants.com, but we were disappointed. The food was just okay going down, but then it left a horrible aftertaste. We couldn't wait to go somewhere else for dessert. Plus, we had two different waiters through the course of our service; that was something we didn't like, especially without notice. Just seems like the kind of place that would appeal to rich yuppies who just want to eat their hoity-toity food over their pseudo-intellectual conversations.
- The pastas were unusual andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/11/2008The pastas were unusual and outstanding. Service was very friendly. Perfect for pre-theater.Special Features:
- Very good food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/11/2008Very good food and service. Nice decor, very pleasant experience. Would recommend it highly for theater goers, too.
- etcetera etcetera is a solidSVRatVIPDined on 6/8/2008etcetera etcetera is a solid Italian restaurant with offerings between traditional Italian family eatery and very upscale (read "expensive") posh restaurant. Both the menu and wine lists are fairly limited. Despite that the food is very good, and the wine list has many excellent wines on it. The chef is young and, in my opinion, will get only better. The service is friendly. Our waiter tried being helpful, but knowing how each dish is prepared would be very desirable for the completeness of the experience. Overall, I will recommend this restaurant without any hesitation to anyone but the most discriminating customers.Special Features:
- We love this restaurant! MyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/7/2008We love this restaurant! My friends and I dined there after a Broadway show during our visit to NYC from DC. We all said how wonderfully attentive the staff was, and how terrific the food was also. We really felt that we could relax and enjoy being ourselves, it wasn't pretentious or anything. I feel good knowing I have a good pick to go to whenever I go to NYC now! Two of us had the red beet salad, which was awesome, we loved it! Beets were perfect. Our entrees were wonderful; I had the swordfish with a wonderful puttanesca-style sauce, one of my friends had a pasta dish with crabmeat that was to die for. Oh and the cocktails were fab-u-lous! A man whom we assume was the owner came and topped off our drinks! A great find, we'll be back!Special Features:
- Waiters were very helpful.planet28Dined on 6/7/2008Waiters were very helpful. Very different menu but delicious!Special Features:
- Waiter was exceptionally personableOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/1/2008Waiter was exceptionally personable and helped make the dining experienceSpecial Features:
- have been to etcetera etceteraLuv2dineVIPDined on 5/31/2008have been to etcetera etcetera many times - enjoyed each dinner---- great food and service -- perfect for before theaterSpecial Features:
- Delicious food, moderatelyPhillyFoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2008Delicious food, moderately priced, outstanding service.Special Features:
- It is ridiculous to arriveOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/30/2008It is ridiculous to arrive for an 11PM reservation to be told that the restaurant kitchen closes in 15 minutes. We were rushed through the entire meal.
- We were attending a show andDateNightDined on 5/30/2008We were attending a show and found the service to be friendly and prompt. The food was delicious and portions were ample. I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant.
- Theater district winner. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/30/2008Theater district winner. Excellent food, very nice decor and good service. Reasonable prices and good wine list. Prix fixe menu looked like an excellent deal.
- I will go back. RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/30/2008I will go back. Restaurant was well located, charming, and at a better price point than most. Food was very good. I'll bring my friends, too.
- Fabulous food, great service,WorldTravelerVIPDined on 5/28/2008Fabulous food, great service, terrific ambience! A+ all around.Special Features:
- Food and service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/28/2008Food and service was excellent. Noise is only complaint. Excellent value.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyable food,cookie45Dined on 5/27/2008Thoroughly enjoyable food, excellent staff, a tad pricey for the neighborhood.Special Features:
- It was a great restaurantBeauDined on 5/25/2008It was a great restaurant for after the theater on a Sunday evening. Etcetera was off the beaten track by just a few blocks, and away from the crowded theater streets. It was a great find! The food was delicious and you couldn't ask for better service. Everyone was kind and attentive. Thank you for a wonderful experience. Kathleen and Rocco RuotiSpecial Features:
- We had a late reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2008We had a late reservation (10:45pm) after a Broadway show, therefore the restaurant was not very crowded and relatively quiet. I would think when completely full the noise level may be loud, but for us it was quiet.Special Features:
- Food did not match the prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/24/2008Food did not match the prices. Broccolini presentation - chopped - was unattractive and flavor was bitter.
- I chose this restaurant becasueNoisyDined on 5/24/2008I chose this restaurant becasue it close to the theater that we were going to. The food and service were both excellent. My only negative was that the tables were very close together.Special Features:
- Loved the Prix Fixe menu -luv2dineDined on 5/23/2008Loved the Prix Fixe menu - great idea, love nothaving to order everything ala carteSpecial Features:
- Relaxed but attentive service.Happy7VIPDined on 5/23/2008Relaxed but attentive service. Availablity of smaller portions was appreciated. Excellent appetizers. A good choice in the theatre district. We will return. Stylish yet comfortable.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/21/2008The food was excellent and the service was very friendly and fast. It is a beautiful space.Special Features:
- Even better the second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/21/2008Even better the second time around. Food was delicious, drinks ample and fairly priced and the wait staff was cordial and knowledgable. A must try before or after theater. Save space for dessert.Special Features:
- Very accomodating to my specialOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/18/2008Very accomodating to my special requests and for allowing two groups arriving at different times to dine toghether.Special Features:
- This is a great find in aNiiaVIPDined on 5/18/2008This is a great find in a neighborhood that is often lacking in good food. The decor is colorful and upbeat. The service is lovely and welcoming and the food is really great. Interesting, varied menu with something for everyone. Service is quick when you need it to be fast - if you're making a show. But there isn't a feeling of being rushed. I've been there twice and both times were excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- It is perfect for pre or postBF12Dined on 5/17/2008It is perfect for pre or post theater. Yet, would eat there even if I wasn't going to the theater. The restaurant is mindful of getting you to the theater on time and yet did not rush dinner. Good, reasonable wine list.Special Features:
- I've been passing this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2008I've been passing this restaurant for a while and finally decided to go with a friend. We loved it. From the gracious maitre d' to the friendly and helpful waiters to the wonderful Italian cuisine! I'm Italian and I must tell you that was the best Lasagna Bolognese I ever had! Patrons seemed to just want to talk to each other in this congenial atmosphere and we did! Something good is happening at this wonderful restaurant! I'm going back!Special Features:
- The food and service wereFoodieVIPDined on 5/15/2008The food and service were wonderful, but you need to up your dollar signs from $$ to $$$. The tables were far enough apart to create a calm dining experience.Special Features:
- good place for pre theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2008good place for pre theatre dinner: prompt, priced well, pleasant staff, and i liked the small plates of pasta and a salad.Special Features:
- Good pre-theatre restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2008Good pre-theatre restaurant. The service was really friendly. Food was above average for a theatre district restaurant
- The restaurant was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2008The restaurant was great. Food was very good. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. They made us feel very special. We went for a graduation dinner and they came out with a dessert that had Happy Graduation on it! Would definately go back often.Special Features:
- We went early as we had aOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/13/2008We went early as we had a 7 PM theatre show. The wait staff was fantastic - attentive to every detail, curtious and friendly. The food was very good and cooked just right. We plan to return here again, relieve the experience, etc., etc. Jonathan HirschSpecial Features:
- Four of us dined on 5/11/08mjpileggiDined on 5/11/2008Four of us dined on 5/11/08 after the theatre. We enjoyed the contemporary atmosphere, the excellent food, & the service. The restaurant was only 1/3rd full, so it wasn’t noisy. Waiters were attentive and kept our wine glasses filled. The portions of the food fit well with the prices we paid. We ordered: grilled baby octopus salad with fennel, bell peppers, green asparagus and citrus; Pappardelle w/rabbit ragout; a selection of sliced Italian cured meats (a meal in itself), the excellent grilled skirt steak, Parma prosciutto over melon w/grilled dates wrapped in pancetta; Veal, raisin and amaretto filled ravioli; eggplant parmesan, a roasted chicken dish. Desserts were small but excellent. Highly recommended! Will go back again!Special Features:
- Our meal was delicious withOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/10/2008Our meal was delicious with very ample portions. Highly recommend the hangar steak and they have a nice prix-fixe menu. However, the noise level kept a buzz going on in the background sometimes making it hard to hear. Attractive modern decor but the service people rush around too much taking away from a more relaxed feeling. We were in and out in plenty of time to make theater...maybe that's why they rushSpecial Features:
- We really enjoyed our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2008We really enjoyed our dinner here. I am not from NY, so it was hit or miss to find a restaurant that was not a tourist trap. This one had a nice modern Italian menu with half portions available. Fixed Prix menu availalbe and reasonably priced for being in the theatre district in NY. Enjoyed the service very much. The staff was attentive and knowledgable. They called me the day before to confirm the reservation. Upstairs dining room and downstairs. Downstairs is more vibrant, but upstairs was quiet and peaceful.
- Delicious food, meticulousSusanSDined on 5/6/2008Delicious food, meticulous service, and portions that are just the right size. The menu is carefully edited, showing that the restaurant is wise enough not to be all things to all people. I will definitely keep it high on my list of pre-theatre places. Last point. It's less expensive than almost any comparative place I've visited on Restaurant Row.Special Features:
- we went for pre theater dinner.jayb123VIPDined on 5/6/2008we went for pre theater dinner. the host was very amiable and gracious upon our arrival. he also asked if we were going to the theater and the time of our show. this was all very nice. and, by the way, they got us out perfectly on time. the service at the restaurant too was very accomodating. and the ambiance of the place was good too. the only problem, the only problem was the food. it wasn't bad. but it certainly was not good. very plain. bland. absolutely nothig special at all. my wife had the salmon and i had the lasagna. just ok. i've had better many times....except that with coffee came a little plate of cookies that were actually quite good. but that is not enough to bring us back. sorry to say. wish it were better.