352 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.etcetcnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 399-4141
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Daniele Kucera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our private events coordinator for more information regarding off-site catering.
- Special Events: To learn more about hosting your next event, please contact Anna De Chevalier. firstname.lastname@example.org 212-399-4141 The Second Floor can hold parties fro 10 to 100 people seated, 200 standing. Call or email for more information.
A word from Etcetera Etcetera
"Just a heartbeat away from the buzz of Broadway and the vibrant energy of Hell’s Kitchen, Etcetera Etcetera is a modern and cozy oasis of culinary delights – the perfect place for pre-dinner cocktails, post-theatre dinners and everything in between. Owner Daniele Kucera has drawn on his own unique cultural heritage and many years of restaurant expertise to create a warm sanctuary of elegant dining. With its sleek, gorgeous interior and sharp, friendly staff, Etcetera Etcetera has become a heavenly haven and shimmering neighborhood fixture for both discriminating New Yorkers and curious tourists. In addition to mouth-watering favorites such as Scialatielli, Grouper and Skirt Steak, there are always fresh and innovative options on the seasonal menus, and the outgoing staff is always good for a tasty recommendation. Whether you are looking for an intimate dinner, planning a large party or just want to grab fare, you can do it all in grand style at Etcetera Etcetera."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Etcetera Etcetera reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (105)fit for foodies (98)special occasion (56)romantic (42)good for groups (37)great for brunch (29)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (22)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- thanksgiving. ..ehLisaDined on 11/26/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. But Thanksgiving is not their forye. Stick with pre or post theatre and leave Thanksgiving to more experienced places. Small portions and too limited choices. But we will be back just not on a national food holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/24/2014Nice variety on menu. They offered a nice pre-fix option or were flexible to allow you to have things from that menu ala carte. The salmon was huge portion and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findStaceDined on 11/22/2014I will definitely be back. The service was good and so was all the food. It was very nice that the servers were able to direct us to the GF options. They even make their own GF pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a good meal!caliDined on 11/22/2014This is my third time having dinner at this great restaurant! Always good food and a great time - it's a bit off the regular theater row of places but I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at etcetera etcetera. The food was delicious, cocktails and wine yummy, and they got us to the theater on time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/14/2014We go here frequently for pretheater dinners. It is always great, consistent, and delicious. It is a warm and friendly place and they seem genuinely glad to see us return. Never had a bad meal and they go above and beyond to provide a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff shines, food's superb may b loud. AwesomeSGZmeDined on 11/12/2014Such an awesome place. Can be loud so speak clearly. Staff is outstandingly food superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodBunnyVIPDined on 11/11/2014We enjoy this restaurant. The food is always good and good choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, seasonal Italian choices.physicsfoodieDined on 11/11/2014The kale, endive, radicchio salad was fantastic as well as the veal ravioli. Skirt steak was also excellent and cooked to perfection( medium rare). We have been there about 5 times in the past two years. The food has been consistently excellent. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Very Good Option in the Theater DistrictBostonDinerDined on 11/9/2014Dining in this area can be a hit-or-miss experience, but this place was definitely a hit. Don't be put off by the vague name or the somewhat nondescript exterior. The excellent Italian cuisine is the star here, served by a pleasant and friendly staff. The risotto with shrimp and roasted tomatoes in arugula-pistachio pesto was superb! Highly recommended if you're looking for something less run-of-the-mill for before or after the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service - delicious foodBJ55Dined on 11/8/2014We chose EtcEtc for our first night pre-theatre meal in NY prior to heading out on birthday celebration cruise. My mother has some mobility issues and the restaurant staff were very responsive to my inquiries about accessibility by email before the visit. We were very impressed with the selection of fresh pasta dishes and especially appreciated the option of 1/2 orders. The service was excellent - responsive but not intrusive - and the pace of the courses was just right. We would definitely recommend this restaurant for pre-theatre dining or any other special occasion. Sincerely, Barb, Beth and Clare from CanadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StephDined on 11/8/2014Good location for theater. Fair prices. Good food. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanSusa47Dined on 11/5/2014We have eaten here several times and have always been pleased. This time we found it extremely noisy. My husband ordered the eggplant parm from the starter menu to arrive with his half ravioli main course. We were told it would take 30 minutes. It never came. The waiter said he must have misunderstood. This was disappointing and my husband left still hungry. We were with friends that we had brought here for their first time so we did not want to make an issue of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/4/2014Always our destination for pre theatre and never disappointed.Special Features:
- Great choice for Sunday Matinee!KittyDined on 11/2/2014Everything was wonderful! The price fixes (2 options) are GREAT!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater district gemhoneydoc624Dined on 11/2/2014A friend recommended this restaurant for dinner before the theater, and it is a gem. It is a quiet, well-designed small restaurant with a great menu for dinner. This was my first brunch there, and the food was unique and outstanding. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/1/2014I love this place. I can take my Vegan & Gluten free friends here. No problem, Drinks are good, and they don't skimp on the alcohol….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For food not ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Food was simply excellent, really something above perfect. However, second floor ambiance and decor are really depressing, outdated, like a public cafeteria.Special Features:
- too loud to enjoyBBNYPAKYVIPDined on 11/1/2014I have eaten at Etcetera Etcetera numerous times and always found the food good and the atmosphere convivial. On this particular Saturday night, however, the noise level was so obnoxiously loud that any enjoyment of the meal was ruined -- my companion and I finally gave up shouting at one another across the table and were forced, instead, to listen to those shouting at each other at the tables around us. This will make me think twice about going back to this restaurant (I suspect they don't need my business) and will certainly never go again in the two hours before theater, especially on a weekend. Why do restaurants think this is okay and do nothing to try to control it or moderate it? There are variable acoustic solutions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute little spotSalDDined on 10/31/2014Made reservations for our anniversary and this place did not disappoint. Service was top notch, food was great. Kind of a quiet place but was perfect for our occasion. The waiters Italian accent really made this place feel like home. I would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater restaurant!ladyjasperDined on 10/31/2014Tasty food, great service, nice atmosphere. Wonderful pre-theater restaurant!Special Features:
- Fun!litchdinerVIPDined on 10/30/2014a lively place after the theater, very well prepared Italian food using the best ingredients. Friendly efficient service. Better in all respects, Food, Service, Value, than other Theater District choices. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great theatre district find!AngyNYCVIPDined on 10/29/2014Will be back! Great find in the theatre district where it's hard to find something not too touristy! I highly recommend the chocolate cake for dessert (as others have noted!) it's amazing! I will warn that it's very noisy and service was a little slow but overall, people were nice and food was amazing!--it's worth noting the entrees are very unique takes on Italian cuisineSpecial Features:
- Plan to returnFinedinerVIPDined on 10/28/2014Wonderful food, great service from our waiter Joe who assured us he would get us out on time for the theater. Next time we will allow more time so we can enjoy the delicious food. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprisedickens68VIPDined on 10/28/2014We really enjoyed the experience. Great location, very good food and wonderful service. Noise level can get a little high. But, all in all, very good.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceGracieDined on 10/26/2014We can't recommend this restaurant highly enough!!! Just around the corner from the theatre district, tucked in a neighborhood. The food is amazing and the service is outstanding. We have been back a few times and treat us like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "A go-back to place"rrlernerVIPDined on 10/26/2014I have eaten at Etcetera Etcetera several times and always feel that I want to go back. It has a great menu and I always enjoy going there. It is on the top of my list for when I go to the theater district. I had the tuna in red wine sauce and it was great, especially the wine sauce. Loved the vegetables and the sauvignon blanc as well.Special Features:
- Fringe of the theater districtOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2014Nice surprise in a very residential street just outside of what most would call the "theater district". Sleek and modern decor with a very nice menu of nuvo italiano dishes that were all very good. Solid service but unobtrusive. Overall, a very enjoyable dinner at a very reasonable price that was an easy walk after our theater.Special Features:
- Convenient location, mediocre foodFanofgoodfoodDined on 10/25/2014Went here to eat before our Broadway show. Even though they asked us if we were going to a show, and we replied in the affirmative, the food was quite slow in coming out and we were nervous about whether we would make it on time. We did, but we had to ask about our food and when it would arrive. They have a prix fixe menu which is a reasonable price, but the food was just ok. The tilapia needed to be seasoned better. Other people in our party ordered off the menu a la carte and I tried a bit of everything. It was all fine, but with all the great food in NYC, it was underwhelming.Special Features:
- One of Our Current FavoritesFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/24/2014Outstanding service--attentive without being smothering or obsequious; food is excellent and creative--particularly like their pastas; server was knowledgeable about wines and made an excellent suggestion; the place has real energy, especially pre-theatre, but you can still hold a conversation; it is always on our list to consider when we eat in the theatre district.Special Features:
- private roomArabrabwlVIPDined on 10/23/2014We had a gathering of 12 in the private room upstairs. The food was excellent was and the service outstanding . We were able to make our theater time without any problems since everything arrived so promptly. Very good value too.Special Features:
- Continues to get even betterdjojmVIPDined on 10/22/2014The service and ambience have always been excellent, but the food/menu continues to evolve with great finesse. The kitchen is producing some remarkable meals. Above and beyond anything else in the theatre district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flacco1Dined on 10/18/2014This place is a gem. Exceeded my expectations. Greeted with smiles the moment we walked in. Food was amazing. The prixe fix menu is a great idea. The burrata was fantastic. Chiara our server was all smiles and made the evening enjoyable. A modern italian gem of a restaurant in the theatre district. Would definately recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An "old friend" that is never old!KipsKitchenDined on 10/18/2014The staff, as usual, was charming and knowledgeable. The half-portions offered were much appreciated. The wine chosen (Sterling - Anniversary Blend) was a handsome addition to the fine meal. While the noise level did increase as the space filled, it was never too loud for normal conversation. You can be sure that we will continue to frequent etc. etc.Special Features:
- pre-theatre or anytimeSalliVIPDined on 10/16/2014Very nice pre-theatre or anytime restaurant. Service and food were very good, and the location is good for area theatersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu ChoicesMaggianosDined on 10/15/2014This restaurant provides menu choices that fit into today's life style very well. The gluten free options are excellent and make the restaurant friendly to all.Special Features:
- review of etc. etc.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/13/2014great location and food for this 44 St & 8th ave restaurant. just the place before the show. good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A total gem!TexinNYCDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant never fails to disappoint. The menu has something for everyone but I still keep coming back to my favorite - the crusted salmon. Perfectly prepared and a beautiful presentation. I'm sure I'll be back next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glutenandhungryDined on 10/10/2014The food and staff were great. I was happy that they were able to accommodate my gluten allergy with delicious raviolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special visitTexinNYCDined on 10/7/2014I love this neighborhood spot. I'm a regular customer and often take out of town guests there. The food is great and the service is always spot. The occasional celeb sighting tells you you're in the right place!Special Features: