352 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.etcetcnyc.com/
- Phone: 2123994141x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Daniele Kucera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our private events coordinator for more information regarding off-site catering.
- Special Events: To learn more about hosting your next event, please contact Anna De Chevalier. firstname.lastname@example.org 212-399-4141 The Second Floor can hold parties fro 10 to 100 people seated, 200 standing. Call or email for more information.
A word from Etcetera Etcetera
"Just a heartbeat away from the buzz of Broadway and the vibrant energy of Hell’s Kitchen, Etcetera Etcetera is a modern and cozy oasis of culinary delights – the perfect place for pre-dinner cocktails, post-theatre dinners and everything in between. Owner Daniele Kucera has drawn on his own unique cultural heritage and many years of restaurant expertise to create a warm sanctuary of elegant dining. With its sleek, gorgeous interior and sharp, friendly staff, Etcetera Etcetera has become a heavenly haven and shimmering neighborhood fixture for both discriminating New Yorkers and curious tourists. In addition to mouth-watering favorites such as Scialatielli, Grouper and Skirt Steak, there are always fresh and innovative options on the seasonal menus, and the outgoing staff is always good for a tasty recommendation. Whether you are looking for an intimate dinner, planning a large party or just want to grab fare, you can do it all in grand style at Etcetera Etcetera."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Etcetera Etcetera reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (92)fit for foodies (71)romantic (40)special occasion (36)good for groups (28)great for lunch (28)great for brunch (26)late-night find (16)hot spot (16)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always a favorite...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014Etcetera Etc is always a favorite. Never disappoints. Menu is interesting and varied. Veal ravioli and the meatballs are both terrific; the Talipia special, was just that. The molten chocolate cake melts in your mouth. Ambience is lovely. Great for pre-theatre too.Special Features:
- Excellent brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014We met some friends here for brunch recently and was once again very pleased with the food. And the service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- A Must place to EatOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2014Food is fresh and varied. We went on Sunday, they had a brunch menu, lunch menu and alacarte menu. Plenty of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- idni2idni2Dined on 8/24/2014Have been going to Etcetera since they opened maybe six years go. They are friendly, caring, remembering of old customers and we have never had even a mediocre meal there. The food is always beautifully served and worthy of note. The staff down to their busboys make the customer feel as if they are at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeNaVIPDined on 8/21/2014The noisest place I had ever been to! Will never go back
- MollabbyconDined on 8/20/2014We had a very enjoyable and delicious meal. Very nice, would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super FoodPPS2101VIPDined on 8/17/2014Great experience, wonderful pre theater choice for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bianca69Dined on 8/15/2014My friend and I really enjoyed ourselves. The food was so good. The service was good as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Italiantomnj2000Dined on 8/13/2014Excellent service, good food. Ambience a little shabby.Special Features:
- Great restaurnt week findfoodie2Dined on 8/11/2014My daughter and wanted to try a new restaurant during this week and etcetera was the perfect place, from the olive tapenade to the stuffed chicken. My tilapia was a little wet, but the deserts of peach strudel and vanilla ice cream, and my dark chocolate ice cream, coconut and mixed berry sorbets more than made up for that. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was good, food not greatMikeyDined on 8/10/2014The service was very good, neither of us were blown away by the food. It was fine, not a place that I would say I wanted to go back. It's to bad, the service was great, it's in our neighborhood we really wanted to like it.
- Great location for theaterAndreaDined on 8/10/2014Waitstaff friendly and just the right level of attentive. Delicious food and nicely plated. No rush, which was very much appreciated. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- after theatrewineguyVIPDined on 8/6/2014This is our favorite restaurant after we attend the theatre in New York city. The food is consistantly very good and the service is always considerate and attentive. That is why we come back and will continue to do so in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mixed ReviewMoonstruckOneVIPDined on 8/6/2014The room is attractive, but very, very noisy. The focaccia bread is ok. My mixed green salad was outstanding w a light lemony, olive oil dressing. My chicken was very good. My husband's eggplant appetizer was poor. His tilapia was bland. His spinach was too garlicky to recognize as spinach. They forgot his mashed potatoes. The desserts were fabulous; coffee was good. So, I had four star food; my husband had two star food; thus the rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificBrooklynDined on 8/5/2014We went because it's always terrific! I love the half-portions! That helps with the gargantuan serving sizes offered in so many places these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great HostManhattanVillagerDined on 8/2/2014Daniele takes care of you at this neighborhoody and yet trendy Italian. The food is great, too. It's modern Italian, and reasonably priced. Great for pre-theater.Special Features:
- Gnocchi not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Went there with a group of 6 for dinner on Friday--the service was extremely quick, the focaccia that they served before the food came tasted good. My dish, the nudi, was very nicely done. My husband's dish, the gnocchi with asparagus and chanterelles, was covered in some kind of gelatinous, unflavorful sauce--it was not good. And the gnocchi was, as a consequence, kind of glazed--not what you want from gnocchi. And it was $23. They brought a plate of cookies from the kitchen at the end of the meal, which was a kind gesture, but the cookies weren't tasty. I won't be going back. I expected more from a Michelin recommended restaurant.
- Great gluten free optionsEtcGlutenFreeDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I went here for dinner and have a great experience. They have many gluten free options and the food was very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xyz123VIPDined on 7/30/2014Been here before but this experience was not as positive. Perhaps since we were a table of 6 and therefore the gratuity was already included in the bill, the service was poor. It took a good 10 minutes for my husband to get his drink even after asking 2 waiter where it was. 5 diners at the table were served their entree while the 6th was served when they were almost finished (and hers was a cold salad!). The noise level was so high that we couldn't hear the person across the table speak. Food was good, but this didn't make the experience any better.
- Still GreatBryanNYCVIPDined on 7/26/2014I hadn't been to Etcetera Etcetera for a few years, but it's still as good as ever -- or even better! It's a perfect Theater District restaurant with excellent food and a nice energetic vibe.Special Features:
- CharfromChicagoDined on 7/26/2014Fabulous food, staff super friendly, efficient, yet willing to chat. Feels very homey, yet a few blocks from Broadway. A diamond!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSarohDined on 7/24/2014Herb crusted tilapia with sautéed spinach, olive oil mashed potatoes and horseradish-sour cream sauce Roasted chicken breast stuffed with ricotta, sun dried tomatoes and black olives filling, served with broccoli purée and roasted potatoesSpecial Features:
- Very Good but not exquisiteAndyRoseNYDined on 7/23/2014Went here with a friend who was in NY during restaurant week. We both had the Eggplant and smoked mozzarella timbale to start which was tasty but not my idea of a summer app. We shared an app portion of the veal, raisin and amaretto filled ravioli with brown butter, pancetta and sage off the regular menu because it was our waiters favorite dish. It was rich, tasty and easy to share. Its a nice touch that they offer their pastas and risottos in appetizer and full portions. I had the orecchiette with fava beans, pancetta and shaved pecorino which was good but also rich and bit much to have combined with the ravioli appetizer (my own mistake in ordering... but I do love an al dente pasta). Desserts were very tasty. Overall very good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- We come back again and again1BobbyjiVIPDined on 7/23/2014Food, service, general atmosphere the best! We come back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location for the Theater!donnaDined on 7/23/2014I don't know how I ever missed this restaurant as I'm a regular theater goer. I was looking for something special today because we were celebrating my birthday. Loved the whole experience. The menu was varied and interesting. The salad and entree were divine. I loved the kale salad...and the fish ... Roasted Dorade...was wonderful. The waiter recommended the cocktail which was the one with fig vodka, cucumber, lime, and basil and the entree. I loved it all. Great atmosphere, excellent food, and the service couldn't have been better. I was really very happy we chose Etcetera Etcetera and would surely return.Special Features:
- Great atmostphereEasyGoingDined on 7/22/2014Service, food (entree) and atmosphere were all terrific. We'd go back. Got seated right at reservation time. Service was friendly and efficient. Appetizer was mediocre (eggplant) but entree and dessert were both great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Birthday DinnerKennyDined on 7/22/2014Took my girlfriend to Etcetera Etcetera for her birthday, which happened to fall on Restaurant Week. The waiter immediately asked us if we were scheduled to see a Broadway show (yes, we were). Service was outstanding. Food was impeccable: Minestrone expertly prepared! The Tilapia (new to the menu) equally so. My girlfriend was presented with a lit candle and the words "Happy Birthday" surrounding her delicious pear strudel. We could not have been happier with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After theatreDeliciousDiningDined on 7/20/2014We had a great dinner after a wonderful show, Piece of My Heart! I recommend both very highly.Special Features:
- ExcellentJohnPDined on 7/19/2014Excellent Food and service......Enjoyed every course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just lovely !!QuincymamaDined on 7/16/2014This is a little gem of a restaurant. The food was stellar and the service was above and beyond. Great atmosphere and it's very close to the theaters. Perfect for any occasion. Try the cheese they import from Italy - WOW!! You'll love it here !!Special Features:
- A great escape from Times Square!Food4funDined on 7/16/2014My mom and I went for a pre-theater dinner at Etcetera Etcetera this week. The restaurant is steps away from the bustling theater district but at the same time it's a charming sophisticated place with nouveau Italian food. The service was friendly and efficient! The server immediately asked us whether we were going to the theater and made sure we were taken care of in an unhurried but timely manner! Tastefully decorated and totally not touristy! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findSapphireDined on 7/16/2014We were looking for a place for lunch before the theater and chose Etcetera Etcetera. It was terrific. The food was delicious, the wine was excellent and the service efficient without being overbearing. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchdinearoundDined on 7/13/2014I have been to Etcetera Etcetera for brunch many times and have never been disappointed in my selections. The servers go above and beyond to make sure their customers are satisfied. A very friendly atmosphere awaits anyone willing to give this restaurant a try. I highly recommend their French Toast on their Sunday brunch menu!Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceluv2dineDined on 7/13/2014The pre fixe lunch was delicious and unhurried. The beet salad, monkfish & molten brownie with peanut butter ice cream was yummy. Very convenient to the theater district. Our Brazilian waiter was really friendly and delightful to talk to.Special Features:
- Recommended (with some concerns)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Our overall experience was very nice--it was our first time at this restaurant. We were pleased with the perceived value, taste & quality of the food, ambiance, and pacing of the meal. The staff with whom we interacted were friendly and gracious, with the exception of our server. He was condescending and pretentious, treating us as if we were lucky he was dealing with us at all. Unfortunately the server plays a large part in the meal, and this one treated us poorly enough that it gave me pause when considering recommending this restaurant. Given that everything else was positive, and we noted that other servers nearby seemed quite friendly, we'll give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2014First time and somewhat skeptical of another theatre-district Italian place with the pre-theatre menu option. We were not going to the show but just looking for something convenient to the west side exits to NJ. Food was outstanding. Good mix of Italian classics but prepared in a refined manner. I had the risotto which was a perfectly done al denteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hochyDined on 7/9/2014Enjoyed lunch, although pre fixe luncheon menu was limited. Food and service were excellent. Atmosphere at this hour was quiet. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- SherryVIPDined on 7/8/2014Delicious, price fixed pre-theater dinner. All members of my party had a different appetizer. We all enjoyed them. The roasted butternut squash soup tasted scrumptious! Main course short ribs was tender and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dddddVIPDined on 6/29/2014We were 1 of only 2 seated tables when we arrived at 12:30 for brunch, but the kitchen was unbearably slow! Major lags between each course. Food was good and may give it one more try based on other great reviews, but this first outing wasn't great. Still thinking about the excellent, smooth, creamy, not-too-sweet chocolate pudding though!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating needs changedNicknameDined on 6/27/2014We were seated at a table and either the chairs are too high for the tables or visa versa but it was very uncomfortable. We had too taller people in our group and both of our knees touched the table underneath. We had to sit back from the table which made it uncomfortable. Food was great but this brought down my overall rating of the restaurant. In face I wouldn't come back unless the seating was different. I would recommend with reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.