86 Spring Valley Road
Park Ridge, NJ 07656Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.estystreet.com/
- Phone: 2013071515
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Sunday Brunch: 12:00PM - 4:00PM.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30PM - 10:00PM,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30PM - 11:00PM,
Sunday 5:00PM - 9:00PM.
Lounge: Monday - Saturday: 5:00PM to Closing,
Sunday: 12:00PM to Closing.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Curado
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Are you planning a special birthday or anniversary dinner, a wedding rehersal dinner, a shower or buisness lunch? Esty Street offers a superb intimate venue for up to 70 guests. We offer that "private club atmosphere".
We'll tailor your event providing cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, wine and customized event menus. Our servers are trained to anticipate your every need and make your event a memorable one.
Esty Street is available for private parties on Saturday afternoons and all day on Sundays. Private parties can be arranged at other times by contacting the restaurant in advance.
- Private Party Contact: Kim Costagliola 2013071515
- Special Events: Are you planning a special birthday or anniversary dinner, wedding rehersal, shower or business lunch? Esty Street offers a superb intimate venue for up to 70 guests. We offer that "private club atmosphere".
Call Kim Costagliola to discuss your details.
A word from Esty Street
A fine dining staple on the Bergen County restaurant scene since 1992... New ownership and recently renovated interior resembling a "swank private club" makes this restaurant a truly luxurious dining experience! The Eclectic American" menu features classic dishes with an inventive twist and sometimes international flair!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Esty Street - Best Restaurants in Park Ridge ›
Esty Street reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)fit for foodies (39)notable wine list (38)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (35)great for lunch (9)hot spot (7)great for brunch (6)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OUTSTANDING rsestaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I have been to Esty's numerous times, both personal and business groups. have never been disappointed with their "welcoming" to customers, service, and the real reason for returning....excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!PinchosDined on 9/14/2014Ambiance was great- was greeted at the door immediately. No bad tables however I suggest a corner in front of the library. Food was fantastic but you shouldn't worry about pricing if you choose this restaurant- it's pricey. The waitstaff was attentive and easy on the eyes. Good clean cut boys who have been trained well. The complimentary fruit dessert since it was our anniversary was a great touch- they wouldn't allow us to leave without celebrating. Overall great experience and one of our faves to go out for a special occasion. Dinner at the bar looked inviting too if we ever want something easy but more elevated than your general neighborhood bar and grill.Special Features:
- Horrible hostDavidCVIPDined on 9/13/2014Worst service we have ever experienced in Bergen County. Steve the host was rude, arrogant and impolite. I do not understand how a personality such as Steve could exist in a restaurant that charges premium prices. The ambiance was good. The food was average. They never fill up water unless you request it. Service is slow and pathetic. The two restrooms for the entire restaurant have long lines on busy days. We will never visit this horrible restaurant again. Please avoid this place at any cost. There are many other better restaurants in the neighborhood with better food, ambiance and service.
- Out2brunchDined on 9/13/2014Great restaurant for a special occasion. Presentation of appetizers and entrees was outstanding. Wait staff friendly and attentive but not intrusive. Will definitely continue to choose Esty Street for all our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CouplePMPfansDined on 9/10/2014The food was excellent, perfectly prepared. My wife has a food allergy and the kitchen was on the ball to ask a few additional questions. Service at the bar was friendly, but for a small bar it was hard to get the bartenders attention to pay the bill plus he was slow to offer another drink. We aren't regulars and they seemed to get all the attention. The waiter was friendly, but seemed to disappear even though it was a week night and the restaurant wasn't crowded. For the $300 we spent the service didn't fully measure up. We are used to Stone Barns at Blue Hill where the cost becomes a minor thought because the service is so outstanding. Esty Street is great for those that live close by and are regulars.Special Features:
- This is a great fine dining placeMalibuahVIPDined on 8/30/2014Very nice fine dining restaurant for many of occasions. Great food good wine list an elegant placeSpecial Features:
- Always ConsistentfuntodineDined on 8/28/2014Great place… excellent food, ambiance and service. A very comfortable, relaxing restaurant. We have been going to Esty Street for about 4 years now and always look forward to returning because you can count on the consistency of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wondeful!PickyCustomerDined on 8/26/2014Beautiful restaurant with fantastic food and extensive wine list. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- 3rd time's a charmDkstar1Dined on 8/24/2014We had a very nice evening recently, have recommended it to some friends since and will put Etsy Street back in rotation again. Our first two dining experiences at Etsy Street (2 and 3 years ago) were good but unbalanced. Either the entree was a dud or the appetizer was a dud. But not this time. Most everything really came together. Service was excellent, and the remodel they did a few years ago still looks great. I'd give it 3 stars out of 4 for NJ dining (it could get a 4 with some changes) and 1 star out of 4 relative to NYC dining (based on experience with NYTimes rated restaurants)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Anthony our waiter provided outstanding service and recommendations. His knowledge of the wine list and menu made for excellent pairings and a thoroughly enjoyable night.Special Features:
- Very nice find in Park RidgeLumpuckreviewsDined on 8/14/2014We took a local client to dinner and Esty didn't disappoint. Great food, service, wine list and fantastic dessert. The owner came to our table to check on our experience and had a great conversation about the history of the restaurant and the development of some of the dishes. Esty is on the expensive side but very much worth the cost. Would be a great romantic date place, but could be uncomfortable for co-workers unless in a group.Special Features:
- Spectacular RestaurantHart2Hart50Dined on 8/12/2014I took my friend out to lunch and the experience was perfect. The food, the service, and the ambiance all lent themselves to an unforgettable birthday celebration! Thank You!Special Features:
- owlmanDined on 8/4/2014The spot is an excellent, beautiful well organized for the client. Always a pleasure to dine and love the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding beef wellingtonmigpooVIPDined on 8/1/2014I have been in the mood for beef wellington for a long time and my favorite French restaurant in Martha's vineyard was never able to accommodate my request, so I was so glad when Kim, Steve and their chef were willing to accommodate my request and honor my 64th birthday! Thank you again so much and it was well worth waiting for!Special Features:
- Best in all categories.MorrisDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I have been going to Esty for a few years now. We compare every restaurant to Esty for its service and quality of food. I have not found anything better. It is a must for all who crave excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousQueenDined on 7/10/2014The mignonette granita for the oysters was out of this world!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingluv2finedineDined on 7/5/2014Food quality and service rivals some of the hi class restaurants in NYC. Seasonal menu keeps dining interesting.Special Features:
- Executive Assistant LunchPentaxDined on 7/1/2014My boss took me to Esty Street to celebrate Professional Executive Administrative Assistant's Day. We had a nice quiet table in the corner and were able to speak freely with no distractions. The ambionce was nice, the food was delicious and it was definitely upscale by the overall presentation of the décor, service and knowledge of our waiter. I would absolutely go back there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Food very good; service a bit pushy and annoying. Waiter kept pacing until we gave our dinner order - and the restaurant was nearly empty so no reason for the rush.Special Features:
- Exceptional Food ExperienceIVU7Dined on 6/26/2014The food was excellent for vegetarian and fish selections (diners' choice). The zucchini blossoms, pasta, sea bass, and cheesecake were uniformly excellent. After a few years of not being impressed at Esty's, this was a great dinner. The room seemed a little musty, otherwise the room looks good and the bar is grand. Good wine and cocktails available.Special Features:
- A gem of a restaurant!DiJiDined on 6/21/2014We were celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary on Saturday at Esty Street...WOW! From the hand-roasted mixed nuts at the bar to the spectacularly personalized 'happy anniversary' dessert, our dining experience at Esty Street was outstanding. The service and food were some of the best we've ever had. The Chilean sea bass and shrimp risotto were beyond belief. Thanks to Kim C. and his outstanding staff for an evening to remember. We'll be sure to come back with family and friends in the area when we visit next. And I'm sure that they will tell local friends about this gem of a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing MealdiniVIPDined on 6/20/2014The summer menu is fantastic and service was wonderful. One of our favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently OutstandingPhilipVIPDined on 6/18/2014As in all of our prior visits, Esty Street is an outstanding restaurant. The menu is always very interesting, and all choices are excellent. However, it is very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014For years Esty Street has been our favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014Terrific - romantic dim lighting perfect for a special occassion or elegant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happyHshellsVIPDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I used to frequent this restaurant and really loved it. We went back after not dining there for a while for our anniversary last night. The table we were seated at left much to be desired as we were jammed so tight next to others. It was less than romantic and special as it felt like we were packed into this small area. The good was almost all fried and when we looked around it seemed like everyone else had heavily fried foods as well. Sad considering I had a salad. We appreciated the fruit that was comped for our anniversary but will not return again. It just wasn't the esty st we used to love. My husband also has a very strong stomach and to top off the night he was I'll for the evening after his meal!
- Very nice dinner...luvgoodfoodVIPDined on 5/30/2014We have dined at esty street many times. The food is always consistently good. Had a great server named Steven....highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent attention52AnniversaryDined on 5/25/2014Just celebrated my inlaws 52nd anniversary here with a brunch. They provided a captains chair for my father-in-law to make sure that he was comfortable as he now uses a walker and needed the extra support. The service was very good and they especially took care of the anniversary couple. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegantly deliciousLoveToEatOutDined on 5/24/2014We were visiting from out of town, the hotel recommended Etsy Street and we had a great experience there. The wine list was outstanding, the food prepared with such a attention to fine dining and the ambiance beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 434 reviews are from the Esty Street reviews archive.
- Esty street is an easy choiceChasDined on 5/23/2014Best and largest soft shell crab. Service was perfect. Great for romantic dinner or family celebration. A gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014I was pleasantly surprised by the ambiance and the excellent food and wait staff. I had read the reviews and there were some negative responses that had me concerned. We found everything excellent. Yes, the prices are high, but the quality, presentation, and flavors of our dishes were out of this world.Special Features:
- last chanceeat4funVIPDined on 5/10/2014We have been to Esty a few times and always thought the food was good. others have commented on the bad service but I was not deterred. Well, they were right. Everything took forever, or just didn't come. No water, 45 mins until we got a menu, no bread, no drinks. Our friend walked up to the front and complained to the owner, Kim and manager and that yielded us an abrupt visit by the waiter who greeted us with "what do you want to order". The food was average at a pretty hefty price. The most disappointing aspect was that neither Kim or the manager came over. I can almost expect it from your young inexperienced staff, but shame on you. anyway that was my last time.....
- exceptionalroseseaDined on 5/9/2014The food was outstanding and bursting with flavor. .scallops, gnocchi , rib eye were some of our choices. . The best service experience was provided by our waiter Anthony. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab as alwaysMBDBVIPDined on 5/5/2014Love the food, service and staff at Esty Street. We always feel like royalty! The food is thoughtful and delicious and service is just the way you like it, whatever you like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2014Disappointed in scallops dish which held 2 scallops and cost $37. Wine list was extensive without any reasonable just good table wines. Rest of the meals were very good and a pretty place to celebrate.Special Features:
- ExcellentJustjessnjoyDined on 4/25/2014Never disappointed. Excellent Food, service, ambiance, presentation.Special Features:
- Bloated pricesTheDinerVIPDined on 4/24/2014I want to enjoy this restaurant. There aren't enough high end ones in this area but the food is not worthy of its hefty price tag and the prices seem unnecessarily high.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Group LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014We hosted our yearly Administrative Professional Assistant's luncheon at Esty's and everyone enjoyed the food, coffee and desserts. The only complaint from the entire group was the selection of music and the loudness of the sound. Otherwise, the food and service was great for our event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around Amazing!!!DomzDoesVIPDined on 4/20/2014Everything from the decor to the ambiance to the service to the food was amazing. Our waitier Anothony was super attentive and the bustboys we equally as attentive. My water glass was never less than half empty. Even though everthing was amazing, the food, by far, was the Star!!! I was so impressed with the menu and the delivery of the final product, that I will be going back many times in the future. I highly suggest Esty Street for your next Bergen County fine dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bergen County's best kept secretluv2eatgoodfoodVIPDined on 4/18/2014Food is excellent!!! Compares to the NYC greats like Danielle and Jean Georges. Every dish is extraordinary!! 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.