815 12th St
Paso Robles, CA 93446Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.estrellarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (805) 226-5406
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Friday- Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Dinner: Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Travis Borba
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full Catering Division lead by Chef Garret Cowan and team, directed by Amanda Landon. Tables, linens, fully upholstered chairs, decor and experienced service staff. 5 years experience gives a multitude of menus and menu options to the guest. Past reviews speak to surprisingly reasonable rates.
For a quote contact email@example.com
- Special Events: Month Guest Brewery Dinners! Every month Estrella invites a new Beer Brewery to pair their latin menu, and the guest reap the rewards!
Abundant plates of delicious food and tall glasses of chilled beer are dispensed, while guests learn about various beer making techniques and unusual styles and components of both the brews and the food. Executive Chef Travis Borba, Chef Mike Learned, as well as manager Aric Grimes love to create and host these dinners that end up being a good time sell out.
A word from Estrella
#1 restaurant in Paso on Trip Advisor -Located right on the park w/view of mighty oaks and postcard gazebo, Estrella has a friendly vacation vibe. With colorful latin decor, plush furniture, and tropical greenery reaching into the soaring ceilings of a gorgeous old brick building, friendly faces welcome you while latin music sets the mood. Executive Chef Travis Borba invites you to share his menu of Latin Fusion. Familiar favorites have lost their heavy cheeses and high fat toppings, and found savory sauces, grilled or slow cooked proteins, healthful veggies and house made beans and rices, abundant portions. Coconut Crusted Halibut, Argentenian style Rib-eye, Lobster Tacos, Glazed Kahlua Pork Chop, our famous chile Rellenos in 3 flavors. Vegetarians & specific dietary needs have several options as well. Craft Beer, local wines & you may try a "taste" first before you choose your perfect glass. (Hint*the housemade Sangria and Estrellarita are extremely popular)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Estrella - Best Restaurants in Paso Robles ›
Estrella reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (26)special occasion (26)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (15)romantic (15)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Delicious food, excellent service.Maja57Dined on 11/22/2014The food at Estrella is amazing. The combination of flavors is scrumptous. We followed our server's suggestions and ordered the empanadas and crispy masa cakes appetizers. Delicious! The chips and salsa they bring are also extraordinary- home made all the way. The crab and corn chile rellenos were the best I've ever had. The combination of flavors was so delicious with just the right amount of heat. My friend raved and raved about the new york strip steak, and said the rub on the steak was the best she's ever had and it was cooked perfectly. The carne asada tacos were also delicious but not as extraordinary as the other dishes. Everything was freshly made, and the service was delightful. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice with some spiceMadRussianDined on 11/22/2014I would not Rave about this place, but it is a very nice find right in Downtown Paso Robles. Pretty place, easy to find. My biggest problem with t the menu and the food was that, not being a fan of spicy food I did not have much of a choice to eat. I did not like the mushroom cactus soup other are loving, but the pork chop was wonderful, although the sides were still a bit spicy .... Good place, but I will probably not go there again
- epicureanVIPDined on 11/19/2014Very Latin eclectic in the food preparation style. Had the Mushroom/Cactus soup, it was excellent, zesty, flavorful, with a slight Zing as a finish. Argentine dishes were very will prepared, thought I was I Argentina. Excellent service, Javier was a total personable professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out in Paso Robles down townOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014we are in town for the weekend and looked at both TripAdvisor and Yelp, it came in first place for both. Its worth the experience, the food was good, good service and the owner was very nice too. We had Seafood Curry (super yum), empanadas & duck confit tamales. Definitely worth it, yummy Latin food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable CuisinewackyhackyDined on 11/8/2014This restaurant will be an up & coming hot spot for Paso Robles if it keeps up the level of service & food we experienced.Special Features:
- Excellent!lovesfoodDined on 11/8/2014It was a busy night but our tsble was ready and staff attentive. The Cactus Paddle souphad a nice tang and the salad with a vinagrette that had a hint of citrus was tasty.The Coriander Mahi Mahi with Prawns was excellent, as was the Short Rib Enchilada. Definitely merits another visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- International Delightfood2luvDined on 11/7/2014Suprising entrees like duck tamale and amazing appetizers like steamed mussels made this visit amazing! Great ambiance, rich color, excellent wait staff and local wine! If you are shy of hot spices be sure to mention that, as the 5 pepper salsa is intense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineTripDined on 11/7/2014Stopped by Estrella on our latest wine tasting excursion to Paso Robles. First time there. Excellent food, expertly seasoned. Good service even though extremely busy. Very different flavor combinations and spices. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood!DollyHolidayDined on 10/31/2014I had the Jamaican Seafood Curry which was amazing! Seafood is so fresh and the sauce is not too sweet. Perfect combo of spice and coconut. The mussel appetizer is always great - one of my favorite things on the menu. My boyfriend ordered the Argentinian ribeye and it did not disappoint. Cooked to perfection and smothered with a bright chimichurri. We were to full to get dessert but I'm sure it would've been great as well.Special Features:
- Consistently goodPismoGinaDined on 10/30/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants; the food is always good and the atmosphere is very pleasant. We usually get a variety of small plates, but the main courses are good also. Top notch.Special Features:
- Try this place in PasoKarenDined on 10/30/2014Lovely restaurant in downtown Paso Robles. We had the scallops ceviche - delicious- and a couple of entrees. The wine list is extensive; service is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish flavorsIsabelleVIPDined on 10/26/2014Very nice restaurant - well located in Paso Robles. Excellent food - I tried the Cactus and mushroom soup and it was a fantastic discovery. Nice staff and good recommendation. Meat was excellent.Special Features:
- Happy DinnerArtmariDined on 10/24/2014We had a great dinner with long time friends. My flat iron steak was cooked just how I ordered an wonderful. Great vegetables were served with it . My husband raved about his salmon. The others also in joyed the dinners as well. The service was welcoming and attentive. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsBonappetitDined on 10/18/2014Great variety on the menu and flavors were plentiful and delicious. We really enjoyed the carnitas chile relleno and the pork burrito. Both were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDrekVIPDined on 10/18/2014Delicious food! Still thinking about the meal. There were 4 of us dining, and each loved our meal. Great wine and beer list too.Special Features:
- Yum yum!LovePerfectionVIPDined on 10/17/2014Food was outstanding! I was a little disappointed in the sangria, so I don't recommend that, but the rest was fabulous!!!!Special Features:
- Original and Exciting FlavorsLittleDarlinDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I chose the Tapas Menu to get a wide variety of flavors on our first visit. All the dishes were really great and the presentation was beautiful, but the standouts were the Cactus Paddle Soup- thick and spicy- but not too, and the Mussels in Choriso Cream Sauce, which were so delightful we licked the shells to enjoy more of the sauce. Plentiful portions all around; We ordered soup salad, 2 tapas and one desert with a bottle of champagne and left feeling really full. Our wait staff was cheerful, attentive, seemed genuinely interested in people. This was as good a meal and service experience as we've ever had and the prices are affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of flavor, too few specials!CalGal2014Dined on 10/17/2014I wish I could rate this place higher. I originally ordered the special of the night, they ran out. It was disappointing as I was anticipating those lobster and prawn chile rellenos with high hopes! The table next to us managed to get one of the last plates and it looked very tasty. I settled for the pastor prawn tacos which had a lot of flavor and a lot of spice! A little too fiery for my palate. The empanada appetizer was tasty! The wine was nice. The service was good. The atmosphere was pleasing. I would try this place again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paso Robles GemBakoDaveDined on 10/17/2014Made reservations here for my wife and I along with another couple. Food, service and location were all fantastic. It's billing as Latin American fare is "right on" ... think upscale. Lobster and jumbo shrimp stuffed chile relleno's were amazing, and they didn't skimp on the lobster ... it was stuffed with large pieces of both tail and claw meat. Another person had the Caribbean seafood curry, which was also fantastic. Good wine list, great cocktails, and the service was very attentive but not stifling. Try it and be amazed.Special Features:
- Mediocre foodCookieDined on 10/16/2014I ordered a half chicken with sauteed veges. The leg/thigh meat was rosy pink and semi raw. The breast was good until you cut near the bone where the meat was cold. The chicken had been partially cooked and when an order came to the kitchen it was popped into the oven for reheating. However the reheating was not adequate to finish cooking or completely cook the chicken. My dinig partner had an enchilada, she complained the sauce had no depth of flavor and was probably from a can Service was good, but even fre deserts could not overcome a terrible entree.Special Features:
- Delicious Latin CuisineVIP1000dinesVIPDined on 10/11/2014We dined here on Saturday night around 7pm for 2 hours and found Estrella to be quiet and relaxing The restaurant is in a beautifully remodeled space with high ceilings and super comfortable chairs. We loved the ceviche of grilled scallops with the avocado and chipotle sauces on the side. Amazing Caribbean seafood curry, al pastor shrimp tacos, crab stuffed chilies and duck tamales. The black bean soup was delicious and the salad dressings... all different and packed with a lot flavor. From the minute we arrived, we felt that everyone went out of their way to make us feel right at home. What a great way to end our day of wine tasting in Paso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLove2eatgoodfoodDined on 10/3/2014Our table was ready right on time, Friday night, place was packed. Service was great, prompt and friendly. There were 4 of us, we shared a pitcher of margaritas, and all ordered the corn and crab stuffed chilie rellanos. We all cleaned our plates! Yum. Would go back again.Special Features:
- Second visit and still impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Again, food, service ambiance were phenomenal. Will continue to recommend and definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKJkf23Dined on 9/26/2014Hostess was very nice. The rest of our experience was average. Server was busy. Food was mediocre. Jicama salad was letdown.....5 pieces of overly spicy jicama with canned mandarin oranges on wilted lettuce.Special Features:
- Steak from hellONHRSBKDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I both ordered steak dinners. Both different selections. We both had the toughest steak we have ever had. I could not even cut it without so much effort I thought my knife was bad. Then I looked over and my husband was trying to cut his steak too. Same challenge. We told our waitress. She said, oh, I am so sorry. Then one of the owners came over and sad oh gosh I am sorry. No offer to try a new meal, no offer of any kind. We could not even eat our meals. Then the bill came. No adjustment of any kind. We had eaten there a few years ago and it was great. Thus our desire to return. We will never return to this restaurant and will tell our friends to avoid this restaurant. Extremely disappointed!
- Estrella: A Paso Robles StarsharinecuisineDined on 9/26/2014I have enjoyed lunch and dinner numerous times at Estrella since the restaurant opened, and have had a consistently great experience. The service is really perfect: Estrella's friendly staff seem to genuinely care about their guests, and their timing is good. The menu provides a wide variety of well-prepared starters, salads, and main dishes, with a short but excellent list of beer and wine from the Paso AVA and around the world. For wine lovers: ask to sample a wine before you decide! The food is generally rich in meat, oil, butter, cream, and cheese, but this is the way most people tend to eat; so if you are looking to go lightly, opt for one of their salads without meat or cheese, and a cup of soup. Enjoy your meal in the inviting decor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't DisappointAuvevyDined on 9/19/2014This was our 4th visit to Estrella and they didn't disappoint. Food, wine, and service were great. We started with taquitos that were delicious. My husband had the rellenos and I had the coconut white fish, both excellent choices. Would definitely recommend visiting!Special Features:
- Good FindLMJFLDined on 9/14/2014The service was exceptional. Food choice and quality very good. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalToobadDined on 9/13/2014Food was amazing. The flavors were both subtle and bold. The portions were very large. We would have ordered less to save room for that maple bacon cheesecake if we had known. The interior design was beautiful. Even the ladies room sink! This was such an inspiring find. Thanks to trip advisor for their reviews.Special Features:
- Only so-soTwoOldShoesDined on 9/6/2014Despite our having a reservation and the restaurant less than half full we were seated in the worst table possible, upstairs, in a corner, underneath a blaring speaker. We went back to the hostess and asked for another table. Not sure why they insist in seating patrons in the back while the tables in the front go unused. As to the food, my wife's house salad was quite good and the chile relleno was filled with a generous portion of crab. My cactus paddle/mushroom soup was a bit too spicy and the halibut slightly overcooked. The dessert, the Chocolate Kahlua Torte, had a graham cracker crust that was so hard we could hardly cut into it. A piece went flying into the air on us! Overall, it'll be a while before we go back to Estrella.
- Great dinner!LuckylocalDined on 8/24/2014Had an early dinner with four girlfriends on a Sunday evening. We were one of the first tables to be seated, but the place filled in quickly thereafter. We shared two appetizers and two entrees which was plenty of food for all of us. Also, ordered two reasonably priced and very good wines--one from Argentina; the other from Spain. Our server, Greg, was very knowledgeable and attentive. Highly recommend dining there and look forward to going back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnercfrancisDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I tried this place for dinner for our 22nd wedding anniversary and what a gem we found. The food was amazing and very tasty. The service was top notch and the owner or manager even walked from table to table talking to all the guests. Wine list was extensive and the dessert to die for. We do not normally eat dessert, but we got a free dessert for our anniversary. Casual wear or dress up it does not matter. The next time we take a weekend trip to Paso Robles, we will stop by this place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New FindNew2areaDined on 8/13/2014We were in Paso Robles a few weeks ago and saw this new restaurant, unfortunately already had our dinners reserved. Luckily we came back up for vacation and tried Estrella. Everything we tried was delicious and wish we could have had tried more. Probably most notable tapas we enjoyed were the chile rellenos. Yummy! Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food!outsidedinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014Dont pass this one up! Great food! Great wine! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEER AND WINE BAROpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014The only down side is they only serve beer and wine. No mixed drinks.Special Features:
- The following 58 reviews are from the Estrella reviews archive.
- Fantastic food!Skiburb1Dined on 7/26/2014Such a delicious sounding menu we needed more time to decide what to order. There were 4 of us, and we (of course) all wanted to order something different so we could 'taste' as much as possible. My husband ordered the top of the list, and decided as we return he will work his way down the menu..LOL! Everything sounded absolutely delicious, but different. And it WAS! The wait staff was extremely helpful in explaining anything we didn't understand, as to sauces, different chilis used, etc. I'm not necessarily a fan of real spicy food, but the spices used were just perfect. You can order a hotter dish of course, but most sauces I tasted on our four ordered were scrumptious!!! From the tapas, to the beer and wine to the entrees and dessert. A+Special Features:
- Awesome!!musiclady18Dined on 7/18/2014I LOVE eating at Estrella! Chef Travis and Chef Michael never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free happyGFplusDined on 7/17/2014Many delicious gluten free or gluten free options which are identified on the menu. I have more food restrictions than just gluten free and one of these restrictions was in my salad even after asking our server about any other ingredients in the salad not listed on the menu. They kindly replaced the salad for me. Their salads are excellent and a good meal. The music is wonderfully appropriate, both Latin influence and volume. You can hear one another speak which is quite refreshing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We had a party of seven with one being an infant and were seated immediately upon our arrival. We were seated upstairs and initially found the air condition ducting (providing cooling to both upstairs and downstairs) to be a little close to the tables due to low ceilings but were able to adjust. Food and drink were outstanding, would recommend to others.
- Fantastic flavorsGustavoDined on 7/11/2014Attention to detail in all areas! 5 of us passing tastes around. Every bite creating a smile with amazing flavors. 2 different chile relleno dishes done superbly. I'd be a regular if it wasn't a 5 hr drive. Lovely staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.