815 12th St
Paso Robles, CA 93446Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.estrellarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8052265406x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Friday- Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Dinner: Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Travis Borba
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full Catering Division lead by Chef Garret Cowan and team, directed by Amanda Landon. Tables, linens, fully upholstered chairs, decor and experienced service staff. 5 years experience gives a multitude of menus and menu options to the guest. Past reviews speak to surprisingly reasonable rates.
For a quote contact email@example.com
- Special Events: Month Guest Brewery Dinners! Every month Estrella invites a new Beer Brewery to pair their latin menu, and the guest reap the rewards!
Abundant plates of delicious food and tall glasses of chilled beer are dispensed, while guests learn about various beer making techniques and unusual styles and components of both the brews and the food. Executive Chef Travis Borba, Chef Mike Learned, as well as manager Aric Grimes love to create and host these dinners that end up being a good time sell out.
A word from Estrella
Located right on the park in view of mighty oaks and postcard gazebo, Estrella has a friendly vacation vibe. With colorful latin decor, plush furniture, and tropical greenery reaching into the soaring ceilings of a gorgeous old brick building, friendly faces welcome you while latin music sets the mood for your dining experience. Executive Chef Travis Borba invites you to share his menu of Latin Fusion. Familiar favorites have lost their heavy cheeses and highfat toppings, and found savory sauces, grilled or slow cooked proteins, healthful veggies and housemade beans and rices, all in abundant portions. Plaintain Crusted Halibut, Argentinitan style rib-eye steak, Lobster Tacos, Glazed Kahlua pork chop, our famous chile rellanos in 3 flavors. Vegetarians & specific dietary needs have several options as well. Paso wines, craft beers & you may try a "taste" first before you choose your perfect glass. (Hint - the housemade Sangria and Estrellarita are extremely popular)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Estrella - Best Restaurants in Paso Robles ›
Estrella reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (15)special occasion (14)notable wine list (13)romantic (10)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Good FindLMJFLDined on 9/14/2014The service was exceptional. Food choice and quality very good. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only so-soTwoOldShoesDined on 9/6/2014Despite our having a reservation and the restaurant less than half full we were seated in the worst table possible, upstairs, in a corner, underneath a blaring speaker. We went back to the hostess and asked for another table. Not sure why they insist in seating patrons in the back while the tables in the front go unused. As to the food, my wife's house salad was quite good and the chile relleno was filled with a generous portion of crab. My cactus paddle/mushroom soup was a bit too spicy and the halibut slightly overcooked. The dessert, the Chocolate Kahlua Torte, had a graham cracker crust that was so hard we could hardly cut into it. A piece went flying into the air on us! Overall, it'll be a while before we go back to Estrella.
- Great dinner!LuckylocalDined on 8/24/2014Had an early dinner with four girlfriends on a Sunday evening. We were one of the first tables to be seated, but the place filled in quickly thereafter. We shared two appetizers and two entrees which was plenty of food for all of us. Also, ordered two reasonably priced and very good wines--one from Argentina; the other from Spain. Our server, Greg, was very knowledgeable and attentive. Highly recommend dining there and look forward to going back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnercfrancisDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I tried this place for dinner for our 22nd wedding anniversary and what a gem we found. The food was amazing and very tasty. The service was top notch and the owner or manager even walked from table to table talking to all the guests. Wine list was extensive and the dessert to die for. We do not normally eat dessert, but we got a free dessert for our anniversary. Casual wear or dress up it does not matter. The next time we take a weekend trip to Paso Robles, we will stop by this place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New FindNew2areaDined on 8/13/2014We were in Paso Robles a few weeks ago and saw this new restaurant, unfortunately already had our dinners reserved. Luckily we came back up for vacation and tried Estrella. Everything we tried was delicious and wish we could have had tried more. Probably most notable tapas we enjoyed were the chile rellenos. Yummy! Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food!outsidedinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014Dont pass this one up! Great food! Great wine! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEER AND WINE BAROpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014The only down side is they only serve beer and wine. No mixed drinks.Special Features:
- Fantastic food!Skiburb1Dined on 7/26/2014Such a delicious sounding menu we needed more time to decide what to order. There were 4 of us, and we (of course) all wanted to order something different so we could 'taste' as much as possible. My husband ordered the top of the list, and decided as we return he will work his way down the menu..LOL! Everything sounded absolutely delicious, but different. And it WAS! The wait staff was extremely helpful in explaining anything we didn't understand, as to sauces, different chilis used, etc. I'm not necessarily a fan of real spicy food, but the spices used were just perfect. You can order a hotter dish of course, but most sauces I tasted on our four ordered were scrumptious!!! From the tapas, to the beer and wine to the entrees and dessert. A+Special Features:
- Awesome!!musiclady18Dined on 7/18/2014I LOVE eating at Estrella! Chef Travis and Chef Michael never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free happyGFplusDined on 7/17/2014Many delicious gluten free or gluten free options which are identified on the menu. I have more food restrictions than just gluten free and one of these restrictions was in my salad even after asking our server about any other ingredients in the salad not listed on the menu. They kindly replaced the salad for me. Their salads are excellent and a good meal. The music is wonderfully appropriate, both Latin influence and volume. You can hear one another speak which is quite refreshing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We had a party of seven with one being an infant and were seated immediately upon our arrival. We were seated upstairs and initially found the air condition ducting (providing cooling to both upstairs and downstairs) to be a little close to the tables due to low ceilings but were able to adjust. Food and drink were outstanding, would recommend to others.
- Fantastic flavorsGustavoDined on 7/11/2014Attention to detail in all areas! 5 of us passing tastes around. Every bite creating a smile with amazing flavors. 2 different chile relleno dishes done superbly. I'd be a regular if it wasn't a 5 hr drive. Lovely staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas and Local Wines2texasbikersDined on 7/7/2014We travel the country during the summer months and checked into our hotel and asked for a great place to each. We are all about flavors so we reviewed the 3 restaurants we were referred to from our hotel. Estrella went to the head of the list. Local wines to sample and drink and a Tapas menu. We like flavor and small amounts of food. It was an awesome meal. Our server was very knowledgeable in the wine and foods. We normally don't eat dessert. We topped our evening off with a Mint Choc Chip cheese cake....YES everything we ate was full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so so...oneill626Dined on 6/14/2014Nice ambience...friendly servers...main spice seemed to be on the hot side...7 diners at our table and 7 different entrees..non were very memorable and everyone left a good portion on their plate as the food lacked real taste.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner with our grandparentsAntNRissDined on 6/1/2014We planned a dinner in honor of my grandmothers birthday an amazing 70 years. First time using open table I have to say extremely satisfied and impressed. We booked the table while on our hike using our mobile device. The server read all the notes I had typed and surprised my grandma with a very pleasant happy birthday and also was aware it was their first experience with Estrella. Amy was our server a beautiful young lady whom spoke very proper and was attentive to all our tables needs. an amazing dinner experience all the way around: food, service, ambiance, oh and lets not forget dessert!!! Thank you open table & Estrella for one of the best dinners i have ever had with my grandparents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Travel by FoodMal2eaTDined on 5/27/2014A wonderful experience , food from several countries well prepairedSpecial Features:
- Rave Review/FabulousSchincatDined on 5/25/2014One of those places that is so out of the ordinary that it makes you want to return time and time again. The food tasted special, a chile relleno but with a flavor different than any other I have tasted. Wonderful salad and appetizer. I just don't think you can wrong eating here. The chairs deserve a special mention. They are comfortable! Yes, truly comfortable chairs that you would be happy to have in your own home. Service with a smile, honored the reservations as soon as we walked in the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- live2eatDined on 5/24/2014all six of us were very pleased with the food and the service. Luckily they put us upstairs. There were two large wedding parties downstairs and it would have been quite noisy downstairs.Special Features:
- something differentMaryDined on 5/23/2014A great menu with some interesting choices. The salsa and chips that start your meal are great munchies, with an interesting touch. The service is outstanding. We had three tapas - I wouldn't recommend the "fondue" as it is just melted cheese that congeals into a rubbery mass. But I would definitely go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 46 reviews are from the Estrella reviews archive.
- MrandMrsTVIPDined on 5/19/2014We had excellent service. Our server offered a sample of the wine we ordered before bringing our bottle. She suggested we linger over our desserts. Food presentation was creative. Seating extremely comfortable. My husband's rib eye was perfectly cooked and tender. The scallops appetizer (in a martini glass) was an unusual presentation. Definitely a go-back-to place.Special Features:
- Estrella is a starSteakloverDined on 5/17/2014Dinner was delicious. We ordered a meat dish and fish. Both were excellent. The ambience was great. Plan to go back to try the tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reheated and overpriced!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014My entree (ribeye steak) was overpriced I ordered a medium steak what I got was well done and parts of it rare. Ive never eaten a steak cooked so unevenly. We also ordered some yucca fries as an app and they came to us reheated! Ive cooked and eaten yucca my entire life and I know reheated yucca when I taste it. It's texture hardens and is impossible to enjoy reheated. The chimichurri sauce was blended instead of diced and made fresh then dumped on the yucca fries. An argentine would commit hari kari if he/she would have tried it the way it was served. Having grown up in NYs melting pot Ive tasted and enjoyed some of the best ethnic food and this was nowhere near calling itself a star! Don't waste your money.
- Great Spanish Food!GraceVIPDined on 5/16/2014I'll start off I did not like the yucca fries. But, everything else we had was delicious. The crispy masa cakes with chicken was tasty! I ordered the chile rellenos with pork. The best rellenos I have ever had. The rice was very good, too. My boyfriend ordered the braised beef enchilada. Very flavorful. The portions were quite large and priced well. We will definitely come back again!Special Features:
- PasoLocalDined on 5/15/2014Ambience is excellent; recently completely remodeled so everything is up to date and new. Good menu, good food, moderate prices. Wait staff wasn't very attentive.Special Features:
- Alway goodbeardinerDined on 5/9/2014Took some out of town friends to dinner at Estrella. Excellent meal as always. Service a little slow but it was a full Friday night. Sat in the upstairs room which is a little uncomfortable for me due to my height. A great place to show off the best of Paso Robles to friends from out of the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodloloDined on 5/9/2014This was my first time dining at Estrella with my husband and friends. My friends had been there once before and they had said it was very good. Very impressed with cuisine. Good flavors and portion size was great, bigger than I expected. Were seated up in the balcony which made for neat ambience. Wait staff was good. Were there for dinner and would like to try there lunch sometime. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Satisfying Experienceram918Dined on 5/8/2014Easy reservation process through OpenTable. I was relieved Estrella served dinner late, which accommodated our schedule, and the dining area atmosphere was relaxing. The flavors of the dishes we ordered were complex and very good, (I enjoyed the higher-end, thoughtful flavors given by the chef), and the server was pleasant, approachable, and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in Downtown PasorickgaskinsDined on 5/2/2014We had dinner here on a recommendation from friends and they definitely did not steer us wrong. The food was interesting and very good, the wine list was full of local surprises. But best of all was Joel's attentive and enthusiastic service. His knowledge of the local wine and the vineyards were most helpful and we enjoyed our weekend all the more because of his advice. Will Eat Here AgaoinSpecial Features:
- Tasty Food, Great WineOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/12/2014My husband and I were able to secure a last minute OpenTable reservation for dinner at Estrella. The food was tasty, and we really enjoyed the queso appetizers. Two negative criticisms: The prawns were way overcooked and it would be nice to have a tomato based salsa in addition to the black bean / corn salsa. Overall, we enjoyed it and had a nice dinner.Special Features:
- Nice FindOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2014Had an excellent time at Estrella. Has to be one of the best in Paso Robles. The food was creative and excellent and service was top notch!Special Features:
- Yet Another Great Visit to EstrellawineanddineDined on 4/3/2014Visited Estrella when they first opened two years ago. Great experience. Brenda the owner was at our table with several bottles to make sure we chose the perfect wine with dinner. Two years later, they are still there and still wonderful. Still have the Jamaican Seafood Curry on the menu - wonderful - my partner and I are officially in a rut. Had the seafood curry two years ago as well as both nights of our stay in Paso Robles. This time it was Eric (manager) that was all over making sure we had the right wine. He recommended a Tempranillo from Stanger Vineyards that was spectacular. Table service by Javier was perfect (he was perfect 2 years ago as well and he remembered us!). Will have to return to try other items on the menuSpecial Features:
- Excellent meal, lovely ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2014We went to celebrate an anniversary. The food service and surroundings were excellent. We were slightly disappointed that there was not a full bar, but the wine list was diverse and excellent. The same can be said for the menu selections - diverse and excellent. Some of the menu items were not available and that seemed strange since the restaurant was not that busy. We give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they wanted to serve only what was fresh. Overall it was a great meal in a very lovely place.Special Features:
- Wasn't what we were looking forrlstantnDined on 3/29/2014Unusual and creative small plates in wine country was what we were looking for. A group of us wanted to bring our own wine for an after wine-tour evening out, and Estrella sounded good. Nice reviews, tapas, a south-american/carribbean vibe, best of all they could accommodate 10. Unfortunately, food was so-so. Typical mid-market mexican fare. Tapas were limited to 6 choices, and the entree menu (we would have skipped if small plates had more variety) was overpriced. 2 steaks were offered, 2 of each ordered, all were tough and crudely seasoned with cold sauces, making the whole thing cold-to-lukewarm. That said, duck tamales and chile rellenos were pretty nice. We had a good time, thanks to our own wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereJH69Dined on 3/22/2014A very comfortable dining experience. I had the steak special which was just ok. The appetizers were very good and the shrimp tacos that my table mates ordered were very good. Service was great and the staff is very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange experiencedisappointedDined on 3/16/2014Worst and weirdest dining experience my party has ever experienced. Restaurant has nice feel. Food was good. Server was out to lunch, at one point disappearing for so long we thought she had gone home for the night.
- I you like rubber shrimp youOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014I you like rubber shrimp you will love the food. The shrimp was over cooked. The steak was okay but it had to mucfh salt. I would not go back.
- Love EstrellacapribyvespaDined on 2/15/2014Great food, ambiance, and wine list. Perfect dining spot for after an all day wine tasting adventure!Special Features:
- Great menuDonnyDined on 2/15/2014One of the few times I've looked at a menu, and everything looked good. Can hardly wait to go back and try different items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DinnerrolfordaleDined on 2/14/2014My husband & I ate here on Valentine's Night. The food was very good and although it was packed the service was excellent! We could see all the staff hustling back and forth throughout our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Spot OnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Estrella is definitely a top pick for us - the food is always excellent from the plating to the palate - The staff are very cordial and helpful - always making their best effort to accomodate our requests!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.