978 River Ave
Lakewood, NJ 08701Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.estreia978.com/
- Phone: 7329947878x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Kosher, International
- Executive Chef: Aryeh Goldenson
- Dress Code: Formal Attire
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
A word from Estreia
At Estreia, gourmet dining is defined by exceptional flavors and inspired techniques artfully executed by our chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Estreia - Best Restaurants in Lakewood ›
Estreia reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)romantic (12)fit for foodies (5)notable wine list (5)hot spot (4)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very pleasant experiencemichaelonlongisslandDined on 8/10/2014As a reasonably-skilled amateur chef, I had been anxiously awaiting an opportunity to try Estreia, about which I had heard very favorable comments. My wife and granddaughter and I all enjoyed our dinner. We ordered several selections, all of which were well prepared, beautifully presented, and -- wonder of wonders for a strictly-kosher establishment, properly cooked. For once, a rare steak was truly rare, crisp duck actually had a crisp skin, and the sweetbreads were succulent, not over-sauced, and not dried out. My wife commented in the excellence of the dressing on her salad. The only off-note was the cheesecake, which seemed to have been prepared off-premises, and was not utterly outstanding. Expensive, but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bstomach acheOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The food was good but one meal was heavy for one of us ,Cornish hen with beansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Our food wasn't good. We were looking forward to a great steak but it was tasteless and very chewy
- greatluv2dineDined on 6/22/2014really good food and great service! I would definitely go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, Amazing foodMarkDined on 6/16/2014Its a very nice quit place. The service was very good, the waiter was extremely nice, The food was absolutely amazing. I would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, decent ambiencehaymanDined on 6/12/2014Food was superb as always, but they need to turn down the AC. New drinks menu is a work in progress-looking forward to seeing what they come up with as the current mixed drink menu is sparse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 18 reviews are from the Estreia reviews archive.
- ExcellentBerniedkDined on 5/18/2014We found the food outstanding and abundant. The wine selection was excellent
- Best for a Bon VivantLFoodieVIPDined on 4/2/2014Searching for high-end kosher cuisine in Central NJ? Here it is. Loved every. single. dish. Make sure to try their sweetbreads, carpaccio, Tomahawk steak, and Tartar.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceAnniversaryDinnerDined on 3/24/2014Loved the service and the attention the staff paid to my food allergies - they brought out the chef to make sure no mistakes were made and I appreciated that! One weird thing was that I wanted to order the Chef's special and was told they were out of it.... then as I was finishing my absolutely delicious second choice, I heard a waiter serving the special to a nearby table.... wasn't sure what to make of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFoodie1Dined on 2/11/2014Passing through Lakewood we decided to stop for dinner @ Estereia. It was super!! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall goodsuperbowlDined on 1/30/2014Overall we had a great time. The menu had a lot of options and the food was good. I didn't like that the door was open to the lobby - and the outside door kept opening because of another event in the building, so there was a lot of people coming in, which made the restaurant too cold. We asked for the door to be closed, but the manager said it needs to stay open.
- Pleasant surprise in Lakewood NJStakeoutFanDined on 1/27/2014There are not many good privately owned restaurants in Lakewood. Estreia is a standout. Food was fantastic and service was wonderful. My filet mignon was every bit as good as my experiences in NY and Chicago. One minor item to be prepared for, it is a Kosher restaurant. My guest and I were the only patrons not wearing a yarmulke (pronounced yamaka). This didn't bother us and we were treated extremely well. I would not hesitate going back but it is a bit obvious when you enter the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great kosher food in LakewoodAvidEaterDined on 1/1/2014Estreia is the first kosher restaurant in Lakewood, NJ to meet the high fine dining standards set by the very best kosher restaurants (and non-kosher restaurants) in NYC. Actually, there are a number of dishes that I have eaten there that are noticeably better than comparable dishes that I have been served anywhere else (sweetbreads, skirt steak, green apple sorbet). The food is exceedingly well prepared and elegantly presented. The menu tends toward classic American dishes with foreign touches, but there is always some creative twist. The wine list is extensive. The wait staff is attentive, polished and charming. The prices are high, but the food and experience are well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raising the bar for Lakewood!LakewooderDined on 12/25/2013Estreia has done a great job bringing "Manhattan style" kosher dining to Lakewood. Service was excellent, and food was terrific. Our party had Salmon, Boneless Ribeye, a Steak Salad, and the Tomahawk steak. Food was prepared well and the steaks were exactly as requested (Medium/Rare & Medium/Well). The Tomahawk steak was incredible! We wanted to order soup, but didnt' see any on the menu. We should have asked as we saw a server bringing out soup to another table. Salads can be challenging for a glatt kosher restaurant, but are doable. The Butternut Squash salad was ok, but not to the level of the rest of the offerings. Some creative focus on the salad side of the menu would be well placed. A great time and will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!4pointsDined on 12/25/2013Lakewood, welcome to the big leagues! As good a dining experience as any of the exclusive Manhattan restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice experienceFoodLoverDined on 12/24/2013This place is as close as you get to the city in terms of ambiance, food (and prices!). I had the misfortune of being there on a busy night, so the chef was seemingly strained. It was disappointing that after I placed my order I was told one of the items wasn't available, and the waitress twice seemed to have forgotten to include my special requests in my order. The boneless rib eye and the pomegranate chicken that my wife ordered were both very good, and the waitress went out of her way to accomodate. (I would have liked more flavorful options on the menu e.g. pepper crusted/marinated meats etc). Price was closer to city prices but I found it still slightly cheaper. Overall nice experience, I would definitely return when I go local again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip!!BORN2EATDined on 12/10/2013My children live in Lakewood. I am always looking for a "SPECIAL" place to celebrate special occasions without going into NYC. Lakewood finally has that place!! Estreia !!! This IS a NYC quality establishment from menu, wine list,ambiance and price. Very often when dining in kosher restaurants I feel cramped. Estreia was a very comfortable place to dine. Our server Heidi was top notch. for the next special occasion there is no doubt where I will celebrate. ESTREIA!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impressed !coupleinNJDined on 11/26/2013Nice ambiance, attentive and professional waiters, and delicious food. The meats were succulent and perfectly done. (Nice touch with the "Estreia" chocolates given along with the check!)Special Features:
- Great food!DebbieDined on 11/20/2013We really enjoyed Estreia! The food was excellent and the ambiance was better than any fancy restaurant I have been to in NY. I am so excited that I don't have to travel to celebrate a birthday or anniversary with my husband.Special Features:
- Good food, priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2013Steak and duck were excellent (could've used a little more flavor though), ambience was classy. Was easy to get waiter's attention, and they were very friendly and helpful. Disappointed that only one side comes with main course- comparable establishments offer two. Also thought it comical that they want you to give an 'additional tip' on the bill after they charge 18% gratuity automatically.Special Features:
- AnniversaryAnniversaryDined on 11/12/2013Was the ideal place to celebrate our Tenth wedding anniversary. Great attentive wait staff and rather quick service. Most importantly, the food was delicious. We each had different cuts of steak along with scrumptious spring rolls and a tasty dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My best restaurant experienceItcheDined on 11/4/2013My best restaurant experience ever. Service, food and ambeiance were outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2013My husband and I were very impressed with Estreia. The food was impeccable; the atmosphere was very upscale and romantic. My husband got the Rib Eye and was in heaven!!Special Features:
- DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2013"This was my first visit to Esteria. The food atmosphere and service ambience were excellent. The salmon that I ordered was cooked to perfection and my dinner guest said the restaurant was amazing. i would definitely return to try your other dishes."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.