133 Richmond St W
Toronto, ON M5H 2L3Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
GreekPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.volos.ca/
- Phone: 4168611211x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Thursday - Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Reza Persia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: VOLOS HAS PRIVATE DINING FACILITIES AND A CELEBRATION TABLE FOR SPECIAL EVENTS.
- Cross Street: York Street
- Public Transit: SUBWAY: Osgoode Station (Volos is 1 block south & 1 block east) and Queen Station (Volos is 1 block south & 2 blocks west).
STREETCAR: Exit at York Street from either Queen Street (Volos is 1 block south) or King Street (Volos is 2 blocks north)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available adjacent to the restaurant at the Hilton and Sheraton hotels. Public lots are also adjacent to the restaurant at the Four Seasons Centre for Performing Arts, 150 York Street & Richmond-Adelaide Centre. Street parking is available on York Street.
A word from Estiatorio VOLOS
Fresh, healthy flavours and emphasis on beautiful presentation please both the appetite and eyes at Volos. Modern twists on traditional Greek dishes and Greek twists on local Canadian ingredients create a contemporary culinary experience rooted in authenticity. The restaurant sources the highest quality local produce, superior quality cuts of meat and the best fish, delivered daily. Like the menu, the interior plays with different Greek elements and motifs. Natural wood and stone combined with artful and ambient lighting lend a seductive and comfortable atmosphere.Continued
We invite you to enjoy the Volos experience.
We invite you to enjoy the Volos experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estiatorio VOLOS reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)fit for foodies (51)romantic (49)good for groups (35)great for lunch (31)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (10)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Forever yummyDiningJimDined on 8/29/2014As always Volos never lets you down with a great menu and service.Special Features:
- Simply excellentPppsDined on 8/27/2014Had lunch with a friend who is on a medically restricted diet. She ordered something and then 5 or so minutes later remembered that part of the meal was on her restricted list. She asked the waiter if she could change her mind and was accommodated with charm and empathy over her diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanuaryJanuaryDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful staff and service. Excellent food. Nice ambience. Perfect room temperature; comfortable. Can wear summer clothes & not end up freezing. Even the coffee is excellent! This was my 4th visit. The first time was with my husband and daughter. The second me & my husband. Third with a girlfriend before a concert and on August 26 with my BFF before a concert. I'm looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvcfoodDined on 8/16/2014Food was great - scallops exceptional,service excellent.Didn't find the wine list that great.Conveniently located.I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek Food in Toronto!LoveEnglandLotsDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere! Make sure you save room for dessert as well. The Ouzo Chocolate Mousse is pure bliss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with new friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We had a great dinner with seven people. The atmosphere was pleasant and social, the service and food outstanding. I thought it was a little pricier that I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodJacquelineVIPDined on 8/12/2014My party was impressed with the quality of food and level of service. Servers are friendly and knowledgeable.
- Volos is terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2014Food was exceptional, and the service was also outstanding. Our waiter Steve had a strong knowledge of Greek wine and food and was attentive and friendly. Very good restaurant. Kitchen was very clean and open to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Opa!DuckbilliousDined on 8/7/2014Tired of shouting to be heard at Drake 150? Try this calm oasis next door. Food was very good and presented with flair. Service top notch! Great for either a quiet evening with a friend or a celibratory group. Go Ducks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMariaDined on 8/7/2014We came for lunch and enjoyed our food. The service was a little slow - considering that the restaurant is close to the financial district, I would expect the service to be much faster as many people have only an hour or so for lunch. Otherwise, good restaurant.Special Features:
- Refreshing new take on Greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Volos has some traditional Greek dishes (like Saganaki and Moussaka), but the restaurant's attraction is how it recreates traditional ingredients into new dishes. I had the Exohico - braised lamb with tomato, spinach, leek, and cheeses wrapped in phyllo dough. Very tasty and attractively presented with a small, simple salad on the side - the salad didn't quite fit the Greek theme but was fine. For dessert, the baklava and Greek coffee were excellent. The wait staff were very attentive. The wine list was OK, but the prices seemed a bit high, especially for by-the-glass offerings.Special Features:
- Lovely ExperienceWendyDiannDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I are visiting Toronto and felt like Greek for lunch so we took a gamble on this restaurant after a random google search. We were pleasantly pleased with the entire experience - ambiance, service and food were all great. We would definitely recommend this place to friends and try it again on another visit here.Special Features:
- Wndrwoman72Dined on 7/26/2014We had a party of 6 and the staff was so accommodating to our needs for plat sharing and had great recommendations. It was my 3rd time eating here and I always love it. The newbies in the group all said they'd come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious SummerliciousMartyCohenDined on 7/19/2014We are a group of 9 with 1 kid. Booked during Summerlicious to try out this place, it was very good ! Menu choices are nice, portions are adequate and taste delicious ! We all loves the octopus as appetizer, the chill soup for summer matches well with the season. All mains are good, presentable and we all felt so full after finishing the main dish. Desserts offer some good choices as well. Overall I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone, worth coming totally !Special Features:
- Fab food, ok service, bad wine listtellitlikeitisDined on 7/18/2014Food outstanding. Baby kale salad delicious. Octopus starter fantastic! Salmon perfect and good size, but should have had more potato for balance. Lamb shank an outstanding plate. Wine list and the server's comments almost ruined the experience. The first two wines I chose were not available (I have read this in other reviews so it's something they are not addressing). The third wine I asked about received the response "Oh, no one likes that wine". The server, when recommending another choice said "I'm sure you will like this one". I said "I'm sure I would, but it's $25.00 more than the one I want that you don't have". She had several other comments that made me feel cheap about my wine choice; but fault clearly theirs. Bait and switch.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchJackVIPDined on 7/18/2014Enjoyed excellent lunch. Octopus was superb. Excellent entrees.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014We had an enjoyable dinner at VOLOS. The food and wine were tasty, and the staff were professional and prompt. Overall, a great dinner! We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Summerlicious 2014fidcasDined on 7/14/2014The food at Estiatorio VOLOS is always good. I had the bruschetta and it was really delicious, although the bread was a little too crispy and difficult to eat. I then had the pastichio which was delicious. The spices were just right. I ended the meal with baklava which is always tasty. I will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- volos summerliciousluvfoodDined on 7/12/2014Summerlicious menu was a disappointment. We chose the restaurant based on its scallop entree on summerlicious menu. There was no mention of nuts in the scallop rice pilaf which I have an allergy to. When we asked the waitress if the rice pilaf could be exchanged for a garden salad she said no substitutes on the summerlicious menu. We could have the rice pilaf removed (but then it would only include 2 shrimps and 2 scallops nothing else) Needless to say I choose something off the a la carte menu instead.Special Features:
- NicoVIPDined on 7/11/2014The flavour was off, either too salty or no taste.
- Great food. Ok ServiceSotnosRCDined on 7/11/2014My first time to try this restaurant featuring their Summerlicious menu. I enjoyed the food overall but felt the service was lacking. The waiter was fine but a little on the cold side. I didn't feel very welcome and I had to ask for olive oil for the bread since our table didn't have a bottle while every other table did. I'm not usually this picky but having to ask for it and the response I got left me unimpressed. The starter kale salad was a twist on a Caesar salad which I didn't expect but it was tasty. The main of grilled salmon was well prepared. My fellow diners had the lamb and the barley pilaf. Both other diners were impressed with their meals. The lamb serving was huge :-) Dessert was baklava and greek yogurt. Both very good.Special Features:
- Tasty twist on traditonal GreekBanannatoDined on 7/11/2014We had the saganaki to start. The Moroccan octopus was lovely. Everything was made fresh and the in house desserts were so delicious. Would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular16starfishDined on 7/9/2014I would highly recomend this restaraunt. It is expensive, but worth the money for that very special occasion!Special Features:
- Great Lunch spot; Evening potentialLunchMuncherDined on 7/9/2014Wonderful food; great ambiance the service was impeccable. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- tried summerilicious menuconconDined on 7/8/2014food was good. The lamb was very tender and so was the grilled octopus as the appetizer. In terms of service and logistics is where they would need improvements. They were out of the 2 wines I wanted to order, the service was very slow on a non-busy night and I was only half done my main course, went to the bathroom and the waiter cleared my plate without even asking or packing it up to go. Would go again for food but not for the service.Special Features:
- SameeraDined on 7/7/2014Excellent dining experience. Energetic and courteous staff. Very knowledgeable and attentive server. Overall, I would love to come back and enjoyed everything about the meal.Special Features:
- Upscale greek foodSherryDined on 7/5/2014This is not the Danforth Greek food but many levels above. It is a fine dining greek restaurant with excellent service and unique dishes. The seafood stew and the seafood in phyllo were outstanding. We will go back.Special Features:
- Summerlicious 2014HelenFDined on 7/4/2014We ordered the grilled moroccan octopus as a starter and it was fantastic! Followed with the Seafood Barley Pilaf which was very beautifully done. We were very happy with the service! This place remains one of my favourites!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014We enjoyed our lunch very much. The food and service is great. One caution though - the wine prices are extremely high!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food; Service QuestionableCUTTDined on 6/28/2014Food was excellent!!! The atmosphere of the restaurant was minimalist, upscale Greek (i.e., didn't have the sometimes overbearing Greek paraphernalia that some Greek restaurants typically have). However, the service was lacking, other than the manager(?) who was extra-friendly and always checked in with us. We seemed to have two servers, getting passed off to the second one after we finished ordering (even though the first server continued to take new tables around us). Unfortunately, neither server was attentive, friendly, or told us anything about the menu. Again, if it wasn't for the manager, this experience would have been not been pleasant.Special Features:
- Lovely MealLivingitupDined on 6/28/2014My husband had the filetted bass - delicious. I had the spinach with lamb in phyllo - also delicious. The food is Greek but upscale from the Danforth. It was a lovely dinner also a bit pricy. Sea bass should not have to cost $39.00. Phyllo pastry is cheap and my entree was $23. We did not have any drinks and the bill was over $100.00+tip. It was a nice meal though and a great memory of our weekend in TO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CirdecDined on 6/27/2014Amazing experience, wonderful food, great service. To be recommended!Special Features:
- ExcellentKim1VIPDined on 6/25/2014Overall an excellent dining experience. Fish cooked very well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014When we showed up we were seated by a very noisy gaggle of ladies - with no fuss we were moved to a quiet area where we had a romantic wonderful dinner - great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your avg Greek restaurant.TorontoFoodGuruDined on 6/20/2014This is one of the best Greek restaurants in the city. A step above your typical Greek restaurant on the Danforth. The octopus is crazy good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014I usually order Spetsofei. Fantastic dish with Lamb Sausage tomato and peppers. The quality is always the same, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/14/2014Went for dinner for Father's day...highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Great food, great serviceFoodLoverDined on 6/6/2014We had a very enjoyable evening at VOLOS before walking across the street to the ballet. The food was amazing and we had great service. Everything was cooked to perfection and the flavours were outstanding. Would love to go again to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mediterranean gemgr8teDined on 6/6/2014This is one of our family favourites. The ambience and food are delightful. The absence of tzatski and brochettes is a welcome change. Our party included teens and a senior and everyone enjoyed themselves and the food. We will definitely return for our next special occasion. I have been to Volos wit my husband for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surreal ExperienceSurrealExperienceDined on 6/2/2014I don't know where to start from... I had fisherman's stew and my gf had their giant scallops. We also shared a plate of Horiotiki salad. I honestly can't remember any other place like this and I've been to bazillion places. Very impressive! The decor of the restaurant also adds to the experience. As for the service, we were lucky to be served by Mr. Bret. We are Iranian and guess what? Bret knew Farsi better than anyone can imagine. Very nice gentleman. He is also an opera singer! The floor manager also is also very respectful gentleman. Overall I certainly and definitely recommend this place. Great food and people. What else could you ask for?! VOLSO changed my view of Toronto food scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.