133 Richmond St W
Toronto, ON M5H 2L3Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
GreekPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.volos.ca/
- Phone: 4168611211x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Thursday - Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Reza Persia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: VOLOS HAS PRIVATE DINING FACILITIES AND A CELEBRATION TABLE FOR SPECIAL EVENTS.
- Cross Street: York Street
- Public Transit: SUBWAY: Osgoode Station (Volos is 1 block south & 1 block east) and Queen Station (Volos is 1 block south & 2 blocks west).
STREETCAR: Exit at York Street from either Queen Street (Volos is 1 block south) or King Street (Volos is 2 blocks north)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available adjacent to the restaurant at the Hilton and Sheraton hotels. Public lots are also adjacent to the restaurant at the Four Seasons Centre for Performing Arts, 150 York Street & Richmond-Adelaide Centre. Street parking is available on York Street.
A word from Estiatorio VOLOS
Fresh, healthy flavours and emphasis on beautiful presentation please both the appetite and eyes at Volos. Modern twists on traditional Greek dishes and Greek twists on local Canadian ingredients create a contemporary culinary experience rooted in authenticity. The restaurant sources the highest quality local produce, superior quality cuts of meat and the best fish, delivered daily. Like the menu, the interior plays with different Greek elements and motifs. Natural wood and stone combined with artful and ambient lighting lend a seductive and comfortable atmosphere.Continued
We invite you to enjoy the Volos experience.
We invite you to enjoy the Volos experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estiatorio VOLOS reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)special occasion (61)good for groups (46)romantic (45)great for lunch (29)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (25)hot spot (16)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- greece in torontoibarDined on 10/25/2014great food at a very high level. not your typical greek restaurant.Special Features:
- food was outstanding!saudia558VIPDined on 10/18/2014I can't believe this was my first time here! the food was great (had the shrimp appetizer and the lamb shank for dinner) and it was one of the best meals I've had at a restaurant in a very long time. The portion sizes were perfect (not too much but I had no room for dessert after). Best of all, the services was great! I will definitely return!Special Features:
- Surprise Engagement PartystereoartistDined on 10/18/2014I had made arrangements with the manager, Ellen, to make this night special for my friend and her fiance. We were warmly greeted at the door and the service was overall courteous. The food was excellent, however, I wish my portion was a bit larger. I had the Cornish hen and the meat was flavorful and juicy. The only thing I was disappointed with was when Ellen gave my friends their bill. I had made it very clear on the phone prior to arrival that my engaged friends would not be required to pay for anything and that their bill would be added to mine. Other than that, it was an excellent night. Thank you so much for taking care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food and fresh take on GreekGunkDined on 10/18/2014Great food, nice change from the regular Greek restaurant. Food was fresh, tasty and presented with elegance. Wines a bit pricey,,,and have to admit I missed some of the more traditional elements expected at a Greek restaurant (ie: tzaziki and Pork). Still very impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle of the packLee4evrDined on 10/15/2014Nothing terribly good or bad. Fish was somewhat overcooked and over spiced. Desserts were OK but not more. One waiter was one of those at your feet or looking down types, rest were very good.
- Amazing FoodBeachmommaDined on 10/11/2014We were visiting Toronto and were told this restaurant was a good place for dinner. The restaurant and staff were very welcoming, with beautiful wood, brick and stone decor. The menu had many selections to choose from. We had the stuffed grape leaves and grilled octopus appetizers which arrived quickly and were done perfectly. We were in the mood for seafood and asked the waiter about a couple of different entrees. He recommend the seafood dish which included shrimp, salmon and calamari. It also included mussels which we didn't really want, but the waiter said that wouldn't be a problem. The dish was very well prepared and one of the best seafood dishes I have ever had. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Good restaurant, close to the Four Seasons Centre for the opera.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014Atomospher is great and good for business lunch with clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOW service!lmichelleDined on 10/7/2014The food was pretty good, not incredible, but nice for lunch. However, it took over an hour to get our main courses! We were there for a business lunch - given the restaurant's location in the financial district I imagine many were. Two in our party ended up having to reschedule afternoon meetings because an hour later we still didn't have our food. We had to track down our waitress to ask about the delay, she apologized and said "sorry, it's because we had a big table" and pointed out a table of 8 people. I would expect them to be able to accommodate a table of 8 during the lunch hour and still serve the other guests in a reasonable amount of time! I probably won't be back.
- SuperbMissyDined on 10/6/2014I've never been disappointed, I enjoy dinner before going to the opera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place Great Food!MaggieMayDined on 10/4/2014Great food great service, fishermans stew was phenomenal as was the lamb! We requested additonal bread so everyone can share the broth which had a little kick (spicy) and was amazing. The deserts were great too we had to try them all at the table! I had the yogurt and figs WOW never knew greek yogurt can taste this good. The noise level in the resturant was great too, you didn't have to yell over the table to be heard by your friends. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impolite WaiterralphzDined on 9/30/2014The waiter was rushing all the time, very impolite and intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatGreekFoodDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed the restaurant very much. The food was delicious and the service was great. The atmosphere was interesting and elegant. The ambience was romantic.Special Features:
- VolosOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014This restaurant offers reliable, upscale Greek dining with a variety of meat and seafood entrees, an interesting collection of Greek wines plus others from around the world. Great use of spices to create interesting dishes and interesting presentation. Service was attentive. Our server knew her wines and was able to make the required recommendation to suit our needs. She was great!Special Features:
- Service Needs ImprovementdymicheleVIPDined on 9/23/2014I have been here many times and it is one of my favorite places in Toronto. Our waiter spoke to our table in a very demeaning manner, critiquing us for not knowing what we wanted to order all at the same time. We had ordered a few appetizers, and a bottle of wine. The appetizers were amazing. We placed our order with the server and it wasn't until about 10 minutes later he came back and asked if we were ready for him to put it in. We were shocked, that was the reason we ordered. Our food was delicious, Veal Chops, Lamb Shank and the Salmon and it was all delicious! However, it took the server 45 minutes to bring us our checks. And then he stood there waiting for us to discuss how we would pay as a group, rushing us to pay.Special Features:
- OnTheRoadAgainOnTheRoadAgainDined on 9/22/2014Great food. Great service. Lamb shank was fantastic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Very good seafood. Watermelon feta salad very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceBiffDined on 9/18/2014Was there for the first time with a girlfriend of mine. Food was great but what was notable was the service. Just the right level of care. The server was very tentative to our needs and provided great suggestionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelllentCLSIMONDined on 9/17/2014The service was attentive and friendly. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, but still no crab or espressoSmallAminalVIPDined on 9/15/2014Service was great - perfect level of attentiveness without smothering. They were also very accommodatig of my dietary needs - I needed something healthy but I don't eat seafood, so they made me a salad with some grilled chicken. The only disappointments were related to things we could not order. My companion was very much looking forward to crab - they did not have it the week before and they did not have it this time. Also, the espresso machine continues to be down - it was down the last time my companion was there the week before so they need to get that fixed STAT.Special Features:
- Mediterranean PerfectionBdavis64VIPDined on 9/9/2014This was my 3rd visit to Volos and it continues to please me. The food brings me back to Greece, but a modern version which is ascension rather than decline. I enjoyed their take on a traditional Greek salad, and then a salmon that was perfection.Special Features:
- Very good restaurantLouisDined on 9/2/2014I was staying at the Sheraton Center and the concierge recommended this restaurant the other side of the street. I took the fish of the day, a red snapper. It was delicious, cooked to perfection. The waiter was efficient and very knowledgeable about wines.Special Features:
- enzoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Both the food and ambiance needed a touch of salt. The decor is nice, however the room lacked vibe. Perhaps the music could have been turned up slightly but something was needed to provide the room with energy. The server was very personable and friendly.
- 2nd visit - just as good as the 1stGemwhittDined on 8/30/2014A reliably good restaurant. The menu has lots of tempting choices, especially if you love fish and seafood. The service is good, but our waiter was a bit strange. But that won't deter me from visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my2centsVIPDined on 8/29/2014I've been here many times and sent many clients there and never had any complaints....food and service always outstanding. This time we were there to celebrate a bday which we indicated when making the res. For some reason, they sat us right in the middle of the resto. With 7 girls it got pretty loud so they came and told us to keep it down. Well that put a damper in our evening. I don't know why we were seated in the middle when they knew ahead of time of the celebrations and with 7ppl you would think they would know it would be loud.
- Forever yummyDiningJimDined on 8/29/2014As always Volos never lets you down with a great menu and service.Special Features:
- Simply excellentPppsDined on 8/27/2014Had lunch with a friend who is on a medically restricted diet. She ordered something and then 5 or so minutes later remembered that part of the meal was on her restricted list. She asked the waiter if she could change her mind and was accommodated with charm and empathy over her diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanuaryJanuaryDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful staff and service. Excellent food. Nice ambience. Perfect room temperature; comfortable. Can wear summer clothes & not end up freezing. Even the coffee is excellent! This was my 4th visit. The first time was with my husband and daughter. The second me & my husband. Third with a girlfriend before a concert and on August 26 with my BFF before a concert. I'm looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvcfoodDined on 8/16/2014Food was great - scallops exceptional,service excellent.Didn't find the wine list that great.Conveniently located.I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek Food in Toronto!LoveEnglandLotsDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere! Make sure you save room for dessert as well. The Ouzo Chocolate Mousse is pure bliss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with new friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We had a great dinner with seven people. The atmosphere was pleasant and social, the service and food outstanding. I thought it was a little pricier that I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodJacquelineVIPDined on 8/12/2014My party was impressed with the quality of food and level of service. Servers are friendly and knowledgeable.
- Volos is terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/11/2014Food was exceptional, and the service was also outstanding. Our waiter Steve had a strong knowledge of Greek wine and food and was attentive and friendly. Very good restaurant. Kitchen was very clean and open to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Opa!DuckbilliousDined on 8/7/2014Tired of shouting to be heard at Drake 150? Try this calm oasis next door. Food was very good and presented with flair. Service top notch! Great for either a quiet evening with a friend or a celibratory group. Go Ducks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMariaDined on 8/7/2014We came for lunch and enjoyed our food. The service was a little slow - considering that the restaurant is close to the financial district, I would expect the service to be much faster as many people have only an hour or so for lunch. Otherwise, good restaurant.Special Features:
- Refreshing new take on Greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Volos has some traditional Greek dishes (like Saganaki and Moussaka), but the restaurant's attraction is how it recreates traditional ingredients into new dishes. I had the Exohico - braised lamb with tomato, spinach, leek, and cheeses wrapped in phyllo dough. Very tasty and attractively presented with a small, simple salad on the side - the salad didn't quite fit the Greek theme but was fine. For dessert, the baklava and Greek coffee were excellent. The wait staff were very attentive. The wine list was OK, but the prices seemed a bit high, especially for by-the-glass offerings.Special Features:
- Lovely ExperienceWendyDiannDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I are visiting Toronto and felt like Greek for lunch so we took a gamble on this restaurant after a random google search. We were pleasantly pleased with the entire experience - ambiance, service and food were all great. We would definitely recommend this place to friends and try it again on another visit here.Special Features:
- Wndrwoman72Dined on 7/26/2014We had a party of 6 and the staff was so accommodating to our needs for plat sharing and had great recommendations. It was my 3rd time eating here and I always love it. The newbies in the group all said they'd come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious SummerliciousMartyCohenDined on 7/19/2014We are a group of 9 with 1 kid. Booked during Summerlicious to try out this place, it was very good ! Menu choices are nice, portions are adequate and taste delicious ! We all loves the octopus as appetizer, the chill soup for summer matches well with the season. All mains are good, presentable and we all felt so full after finishing the main dish. Desserts offer some good choices as well. Overall I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone, worth coming totally !Special Features:
- Fab food, ok service, bad wine listtellitlikeitisDined on 7/18/2014Food outstanding. Baby kale salad delicious. Octopus starter fantastic! Salmon perfect and good size, but should have had more potato for balance. Lamb shank an outstanding plate. Wine list and the server's comments almost ruined the experience. The first two wines I chose were not available (I have read this in other reviews so it's something they are not addressing). The third wine I asked about received the response "Oh, no one likes that wine". The server, when recommending another choice said "I'm sure you will like this one". I said "I'm sure I would, but it's $25.00 more than the one I want that you don't have". She had several other comments that made me feel cheap about my wine choice; but fault clearly theirs. Bait and switch.Special Features: