133 Richmond St W
Toronto, ON M5H 2L3Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
GreekPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.volos.ca/
- Phone: (416) 861-1211
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Thursday - Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Reza Persia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: VOLOS HAS PRIVATE DINING FACILITIES AND A CELEBRATION TABLE FOR SPECIAL EVENTS.
- Cross Street: York Street
- Public Transit: SUBWAY: Osgoode Station (Volos is 1 block south & 1 block east) and Queen Station (Volos is 1 block south & 2 blocks west).
STREETCAR: Exit at York Street from either Queen Street (Volos is 1 block south) or King Street (Volos is 2 blocks north)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available adjacent to the restaurant at the Hilton and Sheraton hotels. Public lots are also adjacent to the restaurant at the Four Seasons Centre for Performing Arts, 150 York Street & Richmond-Adelaide Centre. Street parking is available on York Street.
A word from Estiatorio VOLOS
Fresh, healthy flavours and emphasis on beautiful presentation please both the appetite and eyes at Volos. Modern twists on traditional Greek dishes and Greek twists on local Canadian ingredients create a contemporary culinary experience rooted in authenticity. The restaurant sources the highest quality local produce, superior quality cuts of meat and the best fish, delivered daily. Like the menu, the interior plays with different Greek elements and motifs. Natural wood and stone combined with artful and ambient lighting lend a seductive and comfortable atmosphere.Continued
We invite you to enjoy the Volos experience.
We invite you to enjoy the Volos experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estiatorio VOLOS reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)special occasion (52)good for groups (48)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (27)great for lunch (23)hot spot (12)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Love the variety of seafood items on the menu, :)SandiDined on 11/21/2014This place is a special find if you want classic Greek dishes done with an elegant flare and expert attention to balance flavours on the palette . We were pleasantly surprised to find the menu had an abundance of seafood options to choose from and all the items sounded really good, it was hard to choose however both our picks were delicious . We also noticed the wine list was well balanced with the options of local and international pickings. We really enjoyed our dinner and we will be back to enjoy and try other items from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So Food, Small Portions & ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/21/2014Had the Lamb Shank, Whole Red Snapper. Lamb Shank was so so, on the dry side. Red Snapper wasn't scaled properly and dry. Every bite had scales in it. Great atmosphere, but food isn't great for the prices you pay. Go here for drinks if anything.
- tasty but expensiveGreatcityVIPDined on 11/21/2014Excellent high end greek food. On the expensive end of the spectrum thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood loverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014The food and service was outstanding and I would definitely go there again. I ordered the grilled calamari as an appetizer and scallops with lentils for the main course. The food was seasoned beautifully and cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Food, ambiance and service were excellent. Was meeting up with friends and this was a great setting to meet and have a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014It's been a while since my wife and I have been to Toronto, so I brought her up for the weekend for her birthday. I chose Volos as one of our dinner spots based on the reiviews. It didn't disappoint! The food was simply outstanding. I had the Sea Bass and it was among the best fish I have ever had. Highy recommended. The only negative was that the service was a little slow, but it was a busy Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodSteakLoverDined on 11/8/2014Great Seapass and calamari.. Pricey but worth it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTRAGEOUS WINE $ per glassparajolocoDined on 11/8/2014We have come to this restaurant several times over the years as the pre ballet meals have always been excellent. We usually complement it with a glass of grec wine. This time we opted for a red at the waiter's suggestion. Little did we know that the per glass price was almost identical to the prix fixe price of the meal ! The wine was serve to cold to start with and frankly $50 for two glasses of what we now see is $60 a bottle we find outrageous. The waiter could have suggested we opt for the bottle instead. We will now have reservation returning or recommending the place . To bad .....Special Features:
- Great food, unhappy serverLoveFoodDined on 11/4/2014Lovely evening, very good food. Wine a bit pricey -$24 a glass is pretty high end. Only negative was server was efficient and professional but rarely smiled. Hope she was just having a bad night but it always makes me wonder how the staff are being treated if they are not enjoying themselves at all. Loved the sea bass, inventive sides, well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencenormanDined on 11/1/2014Good choice for a night out or for pre-theater dining. All four of us loved our meal.Special Features:
- pre theatre perfect!diner007Dined on 10/31/2014Booked at 5.45 for a pre-opera dinner and the special prix fixe menu of $36 per person. Service was discreet, efficient and friendly. Food was excellent especially the grilled calimari and the lamb shank and the ouzo chocolate mousse. Only downside was $7.00 for a regular cup of coffee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greece in torontoibarDined on 10/25/2014great food at a very high level. not your typical greek restaurant.Special Features:
- food was outstanding!saudia558VIPDined on 10/18/2014I can't believe this was my first time here! the food was great (had the shrimp appetizer and the lamb shank for dinner) and it was one of the best meals I've had at a restaurant in a very long time. The portion sizes were perfect (not too much but I had no room for dessert after). Best of all, the services was great! I will definitely return!Special Features:
- Surprise Engagement PartystereoartistDined on 10/18/2014I had made arrangements with the manager, Ellen, to make this night special for my friend and her fiance. We were warmly greeted at the door and the service was overall courteous. The food was excellent, however, I wish my portion was a bit larger. I had the Cornish hen and the meat was flavorful and juicy. The only thing I was disappointed with was when Ellen gave my friends their bill. I had made it very clear on the phone prior to arrival that my engaged friends would not be required to pay for anything and that their bill would be added to mine. Other than that, it was an excellent night. Thank you so much for taking care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food and fresh take on GreekGunkDined on 10/18/2014Great food, nice change from the regular Greek restaurant. Food was fresh, tasty and presented with elegance. Wines a bit pricey,,,and have to admit I missed some of the more traditional elements expected at a Greek restaurant (ie: tzaziki and Pork). Still very impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle of the packLee4evrDined on 10/15/2014Nothing terribly good or bad. Fish was somewhat overcooked and over spiced. Desserts were OK but not more. One waiter was one of those at your feet or looking down types, rest were very good.
- Amazing FoodBeachmommaDined on 10/11/2014We were visiting Toronto and were told this restaurant was a good place for dinner. The restaurant and staff were very welcoming, with beautiful wood, brick and stone decor. The menu had many selections to choose from. We had the stuffed grape leaves and grilled octopus appetizers which arrived quickly and were done perfectly. We were in the mood for seafood and asked the waiter about a couple of different entrees. He recommend the seafood dish which included shrimp, salmon and calamari. It also included mussels which we didn't really want, but the waiter said that wouldn't be a problem. The dish was very well prepared and one of the best seafood dishes I have ever had. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Good restaurant, close to the Four Seasons Centre for the opera.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014Atomospher is great and good for business lunch with clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOW service!lmichelleDined on 10/7/2014The food was pretty good, not incredible, but nice for lunch. However, it took over an hour to get our main courses! We were there for a business lunch - given the restaurant's location in the financial district I imagine many were. Two in our party ended up having to reschedule afternoon meetings because an hour later we still didn't have our food. We had to track down our waitress to ask about the delay, she apologized and said "sorry, it's because we had a big table" and pointed out a table of 8 people. I would expect them to be able to accommodate a table of 8 during the lunch hour and still serve the other guests in a reasonable amount of time! I probably won't be back.
- SuperbMissyDined on 10/6/2014I've never been disappointed, I enjoy dinner before going to the opera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place Great Food!MaggieMayDined on 10/4/2014Great food great service, fishermans stew was phenomenal as was the lamb! We requested additonal bread so everyone can share the broth which had a little kick (spicy) and was amazing. The deserts were great too we had to try them all at the table! I had the yogurt and figs WOW never knew greek yogurt can taste this good. The noise level in the resturant was great too, you didn't have to yell over the table to be heard by your friends. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impolite WaiterralphzDined on 9/30/2014The waiter was rushing all the time, very impolite and intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatGreekFoodDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed the restaurant very much. The food was delicious and the service was great. The atmosphere was interesting and elegant. The ambience was romantic.Special Features:
- VolosOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014This restaurant offers reliable, upscale Greek dining with a variety of meat and seafood entrees, an interesting collection of Greek wines plus others from around the world. Great use of spices to create interesting dishes and interesting presentation. Service was attentive. Our server knew her wines and was able to make the required recommendation to suit our needs. She was great!Special Features:
- Service Needs ImprovementdymicheleVIPDined on 9/23/2014I have been here many times and it is one of my favorite places in Toronto. Our waiter spoke to our table in a very demeaning manner, critiquing us for not knowing what we wanted to order all at the same time. We had ordered a few appetizers, and a bottle of wine. The appetizers were amazing. We placed our order with the server and it wasn't until about 10 minutes later he came back and asked if we were ready for him to put it in. We were shocked, that was the reason we ordered. Our food was delicious, Veal Chops, Lamb Shank and the Salmon and it was all delicious! However, it took the server 45 minutes to bring us our checks. And then he stood there waiting for us to discuss how we would pay as a group, rushing us to pay.Special Features:
- OnTheRoadAgainOnTheRoadAgainDined on 9/22/2014Great food. Great service. Lamb shank was fantastic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Very good seafood. Watermelon feta salad very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceBiffDined on 9/18/2014Was there for the first time with a girlfriend of mine. Food was great but what was notable was the service. Just the right level of care. The server was very tentative to our needs and provided great suggestionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelllentCLSIMONDined on 9/17/2014The service was attentive and friendly. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, but still no crab or espressoSmallAminalVIPDined on 9/15/2014Service was great - perfect level of attentiveness without smothering. They were also very accommodatig of my dietary needs - I needed something healthy but I don't eat seafood, so they made me a salad with some grilled chicken. The only disappointments were related to things we could not order. My companion was very much looking forward to crab - they did not have it the week before and they did not have it this time. Also, the espresso machine continues to be down - it was down the last time my companion was there the week before so they need to get that fixed STAT.Special Features:
- Mediterranean PerfectionBdavis64VIPDined on 9/9/2014This was my 3rd visit to Volos and it continues to please me. The food brings me back to Greece, but a modern version which is ascension rather than decline. I enjoyed their take on a traditional Greek salad, and then a salmon that was perfection.Special Features:
- Very good restaurantLouisDined on 9/2/2014I was staying at the Sheraton Center and the concierge recommended this restaurant the other side of the street. I took the fish of the day, a red snapper. It was delicious, cooked to perfection. The waiter was efficient and very knowledgeable about wines.Special Features:
- enzoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Both the food and ambiance needed a touch of salt. The decor is nice, however the room lacked vibe. Perhaps the music could have been turned up slightly but something was needed to provide the room with energy. The server was very personable and friendly.
- 2nd visit - just as good as the 1stGemwhittDined on 8/30/2014A reliably good restaurant. The menu has lots of tempting choices, especially if you love fish and seafood. The service is good, but our waiter was a bit strange. But that won't deter me from visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my2centsVIPDined on 8/29/2014I've been here many times and sent many clients there and never had any complaints....food and service always outstanding. This time we were there to celebrate a bday which we indicated when making the res. For some reason, they sat us right in the middle of the resto. With 7 girls it got pretty loud so they came and told us to keep it down. Well that put a damper in our evening. I don't know why we were seated in the middle when they knew ahead of time of the celebrations and with 7ppl you would think they would know it would be loud.
- Forever yummyDiningJimDined on 8/29/2014As always Volos never lets you down with a great menu and service.Special Features:
- Simply excellentPppsDined on 8/27/2014Had lunch with a friend who is on a medically restricted diet. She ordered something and then 5 or so minutes later remembered that part of the meal was on her restricted list. She asked the waiter if she could change her mind and was accommodated with charm and empathy over her diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanuaryJanuaryDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful staff and service. Excellent food. Nice ambience. Perfect room temperature; comfortable. Can wear summer clothes & not end up freezing. Even the coffee is excellent! This was my 4th visit. The first time was with my husband and daughter. The second me & my husband. Third with a girlfriend before a concert and on August 26 with my BFF before a concert. I'm looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvcfoodDined on 8/16/2014Food was great - scallops exceptional,service excellent.Didn't find the wine list that great.Conveniently located.I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.