Estia Taverna – Radnor
222 North Radnor Chester Road
Radnor, PA 19087Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Estia Taverna – Radnor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.estiataverna.com/
- Phone: 4845817124
- Hours of Operation:
Coming Soon! Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Happy Hour Monday - Friday 4:00pm - 6:00pmDinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Estia Taverna – Radnor
The stunning restaurant, which is the first of its kind in Radnor, will transport guests to the Greek Islands with an atmosphere reminiscent of an inviting Mediterranean home, and a menu of authentic specialties, simply prepared, that represent the best of Greek cuisine. The restaurant specializes in whole grilled fish, which are flown in from the Greek islands, the shores of Morocco, Tunisia and Portugal, and procured from independent North American fishermen. We have created a welcoming restaurant designed with the comforts of a typical Greek home. We used materials such as hand-chiseled Jerusalem limestone floors, hand woven rugs, vaulted ceilings, antiqued stucco walls, wood plank floors and exposed wood beams to evoke the traditional atmosphere. A series of dining areas feature rustic farm tables, dark wood chairs with beige cushions and dining nooks with upholstered banquettes. The homelike ambiance is accentuated with whitewashed walls.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Estia Taverna – Radnor - Best Restaurants in Radnor ›
Estia Taverna – Radnor reviews from OpenTable diners
259 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (140)fit for foodies (131)vibrant bar scene (98)hot spot (88)special occasion (73)good for groups (68)great for lunch (48)romantic (37)notable wine list (32)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- As good as Center City!AnneDined on 10/17/2014Estia Radnor is as good as the Center City original, except maybe even better. It's close to home. It's still a large restaurant but a little smaller. Service is personal and professional. Food mimics quality and diversity of the Center City location. We look forward to returning often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Although the two of us were the only diners in the room at 5:00 (and we had a reservation) we were seated at a small table for two. The sun, beginning to set, was directly in my eyes. When I if it could be shaded, I was told no. We were moved to a slightly larger table on the same end of the dining room. Unfortunately, the setting sun moved our direction and was once again directly in my eyes. We went with the Estia chips for appetizer. They were crisp but way too salty. My friend and I ordered dinner based on the server's recommendation. She had the shrimp which was very good. I had the Thursday special which was a stewed veal on orzo. The veal was tender and the orzo cooked Al dente. But once again the food was too salty. Fixable.Special Features:
- Finally a new restaurantNottocookVIPDined on 10/15/2014Because we anxiously, and always wait for a new restaurant to wake up the dull Main Line restaurant line-up, Estia is very popular. The bar in the evening is a scene, the restaurant is full and very loud. Estia's ambiance is lovely -open, airy, light filled with large windows, stone walls, and farm tables. Estia's service on the other hand needs IMPROVEMENT, service is slow and un-attentive both at lunch and dinner. The seafood is delicious as are the "Zucchini Chips" but generally menu items are very over priced.Special Features:
- Appetizers were excellentSkierdinerVIPDined on 10/13/2014Appetizers were excellent, tasty and good portion. THey fell down on the entrees. Lamb ordered medium came out well done. Special fish, the "last one" was tasty but VERY small portion. The "whole lobster" and pasta was tasty, but it looked like half of the lobster meat had been used in another dish---or the shell was from a different lobster. Lobster meat was rather dry. $3.25 for a very small bottle of Diet Coke? Please... The baklava was almost inedible....supposed to be gooey and flaky, this one was not. At the price we expected more. Service was very good, but as other reviewers mentioned, the noise level is almost unbearable at times. Will go back and give them another try, but it won't be a regular unless things improve.
- Fabulous addition!!EatprayloveVIPDined on 10/13/2014Fabulous addition to the neighborhood! Beautiful space, incredible menu, delicious good- can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OrdinaryFreakwentdinerDined on 10/12/2014First time dinner with Estia. Pretty ordinary. Service news a little help. Solid three stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining for the Main LineJoelSVIPDined on 10/12/2014No need to travel to town for Estia's great menu. The food and service were both excellent. The restaurant is a bit less formal than the center city version...a welcome difference. The octopus was Excellent! The chips delicious. The whole fish was great--- simple and tasty and priced Very fairly.Special Features:
- Great food but too NoisyBethDined on 10/11/2014Promised a round table so a group of 8 could talk. Totally misrepresented that. Very Very noisy. Could not hear the person next to you. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leoneVIPDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Estia in Radnor, but even more so in the one in center city Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!Foodiesx2VIPDined on 10/10/2014Our 5th time at Estia did not disappoint. Staff found us a table in their most quiet area. Estia chips started us off: very crisp zucchini with delicious tzatziki. Hummus provided with the bread was excellent. We think we detected a hint of lemon. All of our Entrées were delicious: halibut special, Pasta Great rice cake with shrimp and an eggplant based Greek specialty. This place pleases omnivores and vegetarians alike!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food gr8, noise almost unacceptableSquawHarborDined on 10/9/2014Food choices and originality were really good. Noise level in restaurant almost ruined the meal. Greek Salad, Veal Stew, Dolmas and Mussels were fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/9/2014Upon arrival it is so noisy you cant even have conversation. We were seated promptly . Within 5 min the fire alarm went off. We had to sit and listen to piercing alarm for 15 min. By the time fire Dept arrived the bldg would have burned down. The serving of the drinks and was way too long. We got there at 730 and didn't get the check til almost 10. Took 20 min to get a coke refill. Whoopee they took that off the bill. Management needs work. The kitchen is too slow.Special Features:
- Bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/8/2014Was there on a Wednesday night for dinner. Noise level impeded our conversation. Also, tables are so close we were constantly bumped by waiters and patrons. Server rushed us on orders. Spoke so fast it was difficult to understand. Misplaced our orders and instead of apologizing explained the seating chart and how the runner misplaced the plates. Cleared my place by reaching across me and twice got an arm pit in the face. Was up most of the night with stomach pains... Truly a bad dining experience
- Latest in spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/8/2014It is clear that the bar at Estia is the latest after work gathering spot in the Radnor area and that translates to a high noise level. We were fortunate to be seated in the front room by the windownsomthat we could carry on a conversation. The food was very tasty and a nice addition to the options around Radnor.Special Features:
- Superb!RetiredGourmetVIPDined on 10/7/2014It is wonderful to have a superb Greek restaurant in the Main Line area. The dishes we had (Veggie chips, Greek salad, swordfish, carrot massed potatoes and moussaka) were outstanding. Be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/7/2014The food was outstanding and the service was great. we will definitely be coming back for more.Special Features:
- NancyNancyDined on 10/7/2014Delicious food once it arrived. We were seated and greeted and then lost our server for 15 minutes and I was on my lunch hour?Special Features:
- Welcome addition to the Main Line!JB22VIPDined on 10/7/2014Another reason not to travel into the city! Popped in for a business lunch and every aspect of this new restaurant sparkled. From host, to kitchen, to wait staff nothing was overlooked, including us - the happy patrons. We'll definitely be back to test drive the dinner menu soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful week night escapePVdinerDined on 10/6/2014My husband and I met for a late dinner and enjoyed a wonderful dinner. He is a meat eater and feasted on the lamb chops while I ate the whole sea bass which was cooked to perfection. Salads were unusual and ample. We were so satisfied that we didnt have any room for dessertSpecial Features:
- Birthday spotbdayDined on 10/6/2014We first went to Estia Taverna Radnor for MY birthday back on Sep 1st. We LOVED it so much that we returned for my son's 15th birthday. They enjoy the declicious food. and it's so close to our home. it's a special place for us.Special Features:
- great potential needs improvementvictoriaDined on 10/6/2014The place is lovely to look at however, upon arriving for lunch the hostess could not find our reservation stating their system was giving her trouble. Our server was very pleasant and concerned but my simple order of avgolemeno soup was overly salted and inedible. My side of rice and spinach tasty but also overly seasoned. Our server was very apologetic but was given too many tables to cover by himself and so it was a little difficult to get his attention. My coffee had to be replaced because of "floaters in the cup" We love Estia in the city and were excited to have them come to our burbs. I will give the restaurant a few months to workout some kinks and then try again.
- can hardly hearOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2014very good food and service, but the restaurant is way too loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurant in Wayne!CynthiaDined on 10/5/2014Estia opened s few months ago and I waited till now to go. Our server was very good, food wonderful and the atmosphere was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was very, very noisymiklineDined on 10/5/2014We ate at Estia on Sunday night. Three of us sat at small table in the corner of the restaurant. There was a 2 person table to our right. We could hear every word they said. In front of us there was a birthday party with about 20 loud people who were shouting to each other. It was impossible for the 3 of us to have a conversation. We asked to move to a quieter area, but we were told that it was just as noisy on the other side of the restaurant. On the way out, I told the manager that we could not enjoy our dinner because of the noise. He said "I am sorry about that". This was not much of an apology. I would recommend Estia for the food, but if you want an enjoyable night out do not go to Estia on the weekend.Special Features:
- Greek happinessAbbyDined on 10/4/2014menu options are wonderful - Wayne area has been longing for a Greek restaurant and it's arrived. Food is simply prepared and delicious. If you like taramasalata, you will be happy. Grilled shrimp, beet salad and the classic avgolemono soup are fantastic. Try the gin cucumber cocktail as a nice start to your dining. Goes nicely with the light-filled ambience.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodMomOnTheGoDined on 10/3/2014Went on a Friday night with another couple. We all loved the food. It was nice to experience a different cuisine then we typically find on the Main Line. Service was great also. The only down side was that the bar area was LOUD. But it was a Friday night. Unfortunately our table was right off the bar so we could not escape the volume even during dinner. The place is beautifully appointed. I just need to remember to request a table away from the bar next time to enjoy it more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food.....Overwhelming NoiseJLReviewsVIPDined on 10/3/2014We are Estia regulars, especially center city, where it is one of out "haunts" before shows and the orchestra. We were pleased when they opened in Radnor and have been there on a number of occasions. However, last night was a bit "disquieting." "Vibrant bar scene" and "Energetic" noise level are both understatements.... It was noisy enough to spoil our experience, which had previously been very good. The bar is in the middle of the restaurant, flanked by two wings of tables. They need to find a solution or they will drive away customers who want to chat and converse while they eat. A repeat performance of last night will do just that. We hope Estia can tackle this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT, hot place in Radnor!RobCDined on 10/2/2014The new restaurant always seems crowded, & it's no wonder why - the food's great, with unusual choices, it's beautiful inside, esp. the central bar - a real winner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible acoustics!juliocasoyVIPDined on 10/1/2014When all tables are full it is impossible to have a conversation at your own table. It is a place to go late, when at least half of the tables are empty...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISYGuestVIPDined on 10/1/2014While the food was good the service and noise level were unacceptable. For this priced restaurant I would want good service and the ability to have a conversation without yelling above the din.
- PalmaDined on 10/1/2014The noise level from the bar almost precluded any conversation at the table and even at times made it difficult to communicate with the waiter. The ambiance was a restaurant/tavern mix but too heavy on the tavern scene at the expense of the dining portion.Special Features:
- Finally!JJG226Dined on 9/29/2014Finally, a great neighborhood restaurant for all occasions in the Western Suburbs that you could visit daily. Great food! You can tell the ingredients are top-grade and the food is a source of pride. Great venue, variety, easy parking.Special Features:
- Hope it gets betterglenis65Dined on 9/28/2014I've bern twice now. I'll only go back once more to give ur another chance. Food quality is just so so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but too noisy, small portionsexinkygalVIPDined on 9/27/2014Don't expect to have much of a conversation here -- no way anyone can hear you over the general din. Food was tasty but portions are small and high priced. Still, I'd give it another try. And it's clearly THE spot for the Mainline over 50 crowd.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnernhdreamingDined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Estia Taverna. There were four of us interested in catching up over dinner and we were allowed to have a long, lovely meal with attentive but not at all pushy service. We did not have a bad dish, from the appetizers (sardines, dolmades were especially good) to the entrees (seared tuna, whitefish, chicken) to the desserts (baklava and walnut cake, yum!). Tried the Greek salad on our server's recommendation and were glad we did. It did get very busy but our table was in a corner where we could still hear each other. Only flubs: bar serves just one type of chardonnay by the glass; missed a coffee order; were sold out of day's special at 6:30. None of these were a big deal! Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014This restaurnt has taken Radnor by storm! We went on a random Thursday night and it was packed! We ended up having a few starters instead of main entrees and everything was delivious. The grilled octopus salad is unbelievably delicious! We will definitely go back as long as we can get a reservation!Special Features:
- couldnt hear myself thinkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014The inside is beautiful, the food was good (especially the octopus) but within my table of 7, I had to yell to converse. Perhaps its quieter on the other side of the bar?Special Features:
- nice additonthegreekDined on 9/24/2014A nice addition to our mainline spots, with a different menu. Food was good, a little too pricey for what you get. T has a nice big bar. The calamari was very good. The eggplant dish was much too oily, soaked. The noise level is very loud, you can't hear to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VABBVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great new addition for the Main Line dining scene. Fun energized atmosphere, good food, great service; a spot we will return to many times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll stick with White Dog CafeSwissman33VIPDined on 9/23/2014I was not at all impressed with Estia. I heard rumbles around town that they might be competition for the White Dog Cafe which happens to be one of my favorite places. I went thinking I would be impressed---I wasn't!! The food was...Ok. The service...Ok. The management was probably the most snobby, arrogant group of people I've dealt with in this area. I know they will read this and not be bothered. People with that type of character don't care… this place will crash and burn with the rest of the duds on the main line. I will NEVER go back & neither with the people that I associate with.