Estia Taverna – Radnor
222 North Radnor Chester Road
Radnor, PA 19087Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Estia Taverna – Radnor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.estiataverna.com/
- Phone: (484) 581-7124
- Hours of Operation:
Coming Soon! Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Happy Hour Monday - Friday 4:00pm - 6:00pmDinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Estia Taverna – Radnor
The stunning restaurant, which is the first of its kind in Radnor, will transport guests to the Greek Islands with an atmosphere reminiscent of an inviting Mediterranean home, and a menu of authentic specialties, simply prepared, that represent the best of Greek cuisine. The restaurant specializes in whole grilled fish, which are flown in from the Greek islands, the shores of Morocco, Tunisia and Portugal, and procured from independent North American fishermen. We have created a welcoming restaurant designed with the comforts of a typical Greek home. We used materials such as hand-chiseled Jerusalem limestone floors, hand woven rugs, vaulted ceilings, antiqued stucco walls, wood plank floors and exposed wood beams to evoke the traditional atmosphere. A series of dining areas feature rustic farm tables, dark wood chairs with beige cushions and dining nooks with upholstered banquettes. The homelike ambiance is accentuated with whitewashed walls.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Estia Taverna – Radnor - Best Restaurants in Radnor ›
Estia Taverna – Radnor reviews from OpenTable diners
367 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (194)fit for foodies (193)hot spot (133)vibrant bar scene (132)good for groups (110)special occasion (99)great for lunch (82)romantic (43)notable wine list (40)great for brunch (17)great for outdoor dining (12)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (11)scenic view (5)Show More
- Love EstiaHSMITHDined on 11/24/2014We were so happy to see Estia in Radnor! Their fish cannot be beat --simply prepared and delicious. We had the halibut and langoustines. Also enjoyed the meatballs and papoutsakia (I hope I spelled that right!). The chocolate molten cake was very good and the gelato too. The server recommended a very good Greek wine We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieVIPDined on 11/23/2014Good grilled fish dishes with a Greek accent. Many choices and interesting daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FellskiDined on 11/22/2014What a great addition to the Main Line restaurant venue. The interior design is warm and spacious with a wonderful Greek theme. Service was informative and timely, the drinks were a decent pour and the food was fabulous. We had the chicken and Mediterranean sea bass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Great DecorMazMVIPDined on 11/21/2014Great restaurant! The food was wonderful and beautifully prepared. The grilled sardines were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudieDined on 11/20/2014Everything was just delicious and well prepared. Best baklava ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has PotentialphillyVIPDined on 11/19/2014Pros: Beautiful restaurant; welcomed in suburbs - still shortage of good restaurants in suburbs; convenient to Blue Route; easy parking. Good service. Lot of fish options - great for people who don't eat meat. Cons: Over priced for what it is. Food is decent, not great. Some dishes come with no sides which means if you want something other than your entrée you have to pay more for your dinner which puts most entrees into the $30's. For people who like to eat average food and be seen in the newest restaurants it's a great find. For those who love great food and like to get good value for their meal probably not so much. If Estia stepped it up on the quality of the food a few notches and included vegetables with entrees, it would be a great find for everybody.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too loud for dinnerScatDined on 11/19/2014Way too noisy with having the bar in the center of the restaurant. Couldn't find a quiet place to eat and it was very cold if seated along the perimeter walls because the glass let in a lot of cold air. We asked to have our seat changed. The couple that sat next to us at 7pm (we were there since 6pm) complained immediately how loud it was and they wouldn't come again. The experience at Broad & Locust is fantastic and one I've recommended over and over again...but not here. Won't be back again.Special Features:
- Finally Quality Greek in the Burbs!SFboundVIPDined on 11/19/2014Went here with family and it was awesome! We went on a Wednesday and the special was salt baked black bass. There were four of us so we got two, and this was a perfect amount. We also tried the shrimp saganaki, zucchini chips, greek salad and calamari. Everything was delicious. The Greek Assyrtico white blend on the wine menu was also a hit. Can't wait to go back and we will since its 5 min from the house! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fresh fishsarafaekVIPDined on 11/17/2014Fish was fantastic and although de-boned, did have some bones which made a few bits more work than appreciated. Horta was quite tasty and the homemade hummus was excellent. Thank you for sharing this new location in Radnor with our community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third visitTravelerVIPDined on 11/16/2014Reserved a table with friends joining us from LA, previously had reasonable evenings there in terms of food. This time ordered mussels...Wow..they were wonderful, great sauce, will be back again & again for those! Everyone else ordered the special , short ribs, off the bone, enjoyed by all. A very nice evening, the most successful of the 3-4 evenings we've been there. The only disappointment was the waiters suggestion of wine..the Malbec was not great & I wouldn't order again...if that's better than the cab, as he suggested, the wines by the glass need work...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timejoaniVIPDined on 11/15/2014everything was great thoroughly enjoyed it. will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous! Best new addition to the Main Line !LizkVIPDined on 11/15/2014This place is top notch! The food is excellent and consistent, the servers and other staff are very well trained and service oriented....we have been here 4 times in the last 2 months and it is fabulous every time. HOME RUN!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with friendsPhillygirl22Dined on 11/15/2014Estia, Radnor is a great local place if you love Greek food. Definitely get the octopus appetizer; the Estia chips were good as well. The noise level is a little high so I recommend it more as a great place to meet friends than a romantic date place. I scored the service lower than typical only because I was comparing it to Estia, Center City. My first Estia experience was downtown and I absolutely loved the authenticity. Our waiter was an older gentleman from Greece and he just loved recommending different plates and places to see in Greece. He really added to our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foods on a Saturday night with friendsSusyQDined on 11/15/2014We chose several appetizers to share for a dinner - octopus, dolmades, Greek meatballs, Greek salad, spanakopita, Estia fries, then fish for dinner plus traditional desserts and coffee. All were perfectly prepared and excellent. We just wish that the noise level could be lessened, as it is very popular and can get loud with the crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurgermanVIPDined on 11/14/2014Food was very good and the service was excellent. My only criticism is the noise level which makes it very hard to hear your table matesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot.marcellofavDined on 11/13/2014It is great to have authentic Greek food in our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- now open for lunchhaverforddinerVIPDined on 11/11/2014Fish and veggie stew perfect for lunch. Pricier for lunch than other restaurants but delicious food, beautiful space, excellent and knowledgeable service. We'll try dinner next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to downtown, yetBigBillVIPDined on 11/10/2014There's yet work to be done, it's just not the same taste and authenticity of the city location. The food is a little sterile, needs better seasoned pans or something. That said, it's still the best Greek spot in its neighborhood and a great restaurant space. Will be fine with a little aging. Won't stop us from going by any means.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opa!!!MarTom32VIPDined on 11/8/2014We were a party of 4 at Estia Radnor on a Saturday evening. My husband and I treated two friends for dinner who had never been to an Estia; we dine at the Center City location often before theater performances. The Radnor restaurant is stunning. It was packed to the hilt the night we were there. Very lively, fun, energetic crowd. We were seated promptly (you definitely need reservations) and the service was excellent. We all chose seafood: I had the one of the evenings specials, grilled prawns which were to die for. My husband and the swordfish k-bob, again wonderful. Our guests had the halibut and the red snapper and both raved about their meals. Appetizers and dessert were wonderful as well. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will defineatly be back!SharonDined on 11/8/2014This was our first time at Estia. We love saganoki so were looking for a place in the area that served it. All the food was wonderful..most noteably the saganoki and lamb meatballs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night mobDisappointingDined on 11/7/2014I had made a reservation. We got there and it was a mob scene. Thankfully, they honored our reservation. Service was a bit slow, but we were catching up with friends so it didn't matter. Food was good, however the noise level was extremely uncomfortable! I would only go back on a week night when I assume fewer people would be there. We enjoyed the grilled calamari, zucchini chips, Greek salad, and red snapper although my friends' dorado was dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous but a bit pricey.SoozDined on 11/6/2014Love this place! Our waiter George is knowledgable and charming. But every time we are there our dinners are nearly $100 pp with wine and tip. But we keep going back for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT ADDITION TO MAIN LINEPeterVIPDined on 11/6/2014MUCH MORE VIBRANT THAN CENTER CITY RESTURANT, SAME GREAT FOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/5/2014Delicious octopus, moussaka and desserts. A great addition to the suburbsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time a charmLydiaSmileVIPDined on 11/5/2014My friends were all talking about this new spot on the main line so i decided to book a lunch date... I loved the Greek Menu, which was food i do not normally see but enjoy. I loved the atmosphere and look forward to happy hour. Our server gave us delicious bread with hummus in olive oil. This bread was better then most restaurants in this area. We were off to a great start. the zucchini chips with house made tzatziki was addictive. I was trying to hold back but found it difficult to resist. I ordered a dish that i have never heard of and it was so delicious. i am looking forward to going back for the chips and to try another dish. I want early so i did not feel like it was too too loud... Welcome Estia! great startSpecial Features:
- edzioDined on 11/1/2014This is without a doubt the poshest and therefore non-authentic 'Greek taverna' I have ever been to. There is not much Greek food at all on the menu - no kleftika, no meat kebabs? Also, the white wine from Santorini was very acidy and the red wine was quite non-descript. Probably good for a group that doesn't care/notice what they eat.Special Features:
- A Great Addition to Radnor!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/1/2014The food at Estia is consistently fresh and delicious. Our server Drew was outstanding and very knowledgeable of the menu and wine list. I took a friend from Alexandria for lunch and she is still talking about Estia! I will continue to recommend Estia to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fish is phenomenalMarilynDined on 10/30/2014Our waiter George knows how to serve and what to recommend. Always great quality (and healthy) food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudithDined on 10/30/2014We had a reservation for lunch. Had to wait about 10-15 minutes until table was cleaned off and set up. Our server was courteous and came promptly to take our order. However, once our order was placed we had to wait a very long time until our meal was served. The food was interesting and good, but we were not happy with our long wait to get it.Special Features:
- Food Great, Reallly NoisykahunaDined on 10/30/2014Octopus - superb. Swordfish Souvlaki - superb. Soup - delicious. Baklava and spice cake wonderful. Noise level at lunch was unbearable (place was full. Server was great , but got a little slow due to crowd, but food arrived hot and timelySpecial Features:
- Not yet ready for prime time!RBBPHILLYVIPDined on 10/28/2014I adore Estia downtown! However it appears that Estia Radnor could take some cues from the service and food preparation of the original location. During my Radnor visit, service was slow, they ran out of my entrée before 7 o'clock, and the fish I chose was overcooked. For now, rather than considering this a neighborhood gem, I will continue to eat at Estia downtown.Special Features:
- great new neighborhood additionRoninWallyworldVIPDined on 10/26/2014Having enjoyed the center city Estia many times, we were delighted they opened up a Main Line outpost and this is our second dining experience there. The fish dishes are uniformly excellent. We enjoy seeing the fish display in the back and can choose exactly what we eat. The mousaka was among the best anywhere. The wines are overly pricey but good, shame they don't offer a BYO option. Overall an excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Fun brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/25/2014Came for brunch with my son, daughter and her boyfriend. There were only a few other groups there and we had a nice table by the window. All of the good was fabulous, especially the octopus! Our server was attentive. I know that this restaurant is always busy at night but was surprised that isn't more popular at brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveLuvnyfoodDined on 10/23/2014Food was very good and service was good as well. It was very loud. Hard to hold a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food and atmosphere very pleasant--noisy without carpet and table cloth on a very crowded Saturday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as Center City!AnneDined on 10/17/2014Estia Radnor is as good as the Center City original, except maybe even better. It's close to home. It's still a large restaurant but a little smaller. Service is personal and professional. Food mimics quality and diversity of the Center City location. We look forward to returning often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some issuesRadnorDinerDined on 10/16/2014Although the two of us were the only diners in the room at 5:00 (and we had a reservation) we were seated at a small table for two. The sun, beginning to set, was directly in my eyes. When I if it could be shaded, I was told no. We were moved to a slightly larger table on the same end of the dining room. Unfortunately, the setting sun moved our direction and was once again directly in my eyes. We went with the Estia chips for appetizer. They were crisp but way too salty. My friend and I ordered dinner based on the server's recommendation. She had the shrimp which was very good. I had the Thursday special which was a stewed veal on orzo. The veal was tender and the orzo cooked Al dente. But once again the food was too salty. Fixable.Special Features:
- Finally a new restaurantNottocookVIPDined on 10/15/2014Because we anxiously, and always wait for a new restaurant to wake up the dull Main Line restaurant line-up, Estia is very popular. The bar in the evening is a scene, the restaurant is full and very loud. Estia's ambiance is lovely -open, airy, light filled with large windows, stone walls, and farm tables. Estia's service on the other hand needs IMPROVEMENT, service is slow and un-attentive both at lunch and dinner. The seafood is delicious as are the "Zucchini Chips" but generally menu items are very over priced.Special Features:
- Appetizers were excellentSkierdinerVIPDined on 10/13/2014Appetizers were excellent, tasty and good portion. THey fell down on the entrees. Lamb ordered medium came out well done. Special fish, the "last one" was tasty but VERY small portion. The "whole lobster" and pasta was tasty, but it looked like half of the lobster meat had been used in another dish---or the shell was from a different lobster. Lobster meat was rather dry. $3.25 for a very small bottle of Diet Coke? Please... The baklava was almost inedible....supposed to be gooey and flaky, this one was not. At the price we expected more. Service was very good, but as other reviewers mentioned, the noise level is almost unbearable at times. Will go back and give them another try, but it won't be a regular unless things improve.
- Fabulous addition!!EatprayloveVIPDined on 10/13/2014Fabulous addition to the neighborhood! Beautiful space, incredible menu, delicious good- can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.