Estia Taverna - New Jersey
140 W. Route 70
Marlton, NJ 08053Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
Estia Taverna - New Jersey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.estiataverna.com/
- Phone: 8565965500x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Friday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Happy Hour is everyday at the bar from 8:30pm - close
A word from Estia Taverna - New Jersey
The stunning restaurant, which is the first of its kind in South Jersey, will transport guests to the Greek Islands with an atmosphere reminiscent of an inviting Mediterranean home, and a menu of authentic specialties, simply prepared, that represent the best of Greek cuisine. The restaurant specializes in whole grilled fish, which are flown in from the Greek islands, the shores of Morocco, Tunisia and Portugal, and procured from independent North American fishermen. We have created a welcoming restaurant designed with the comforts of a typical Greek home. We used materials such as hand-chiseled Jerusalem limestone floors, hand woven rugs, vaulted ceilings, antiqued stucco walls, wood plank floors and exposed wood beams to evoke the traditional atmosphere. A series of dining areas feature rustic farm tables, dark wood chairs with beige cushions and dining nooks with upholstered banquettes. The homelike ambience is accentuated with whitewashed walls.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estia Taverna - New Jersey reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (80)special occasion (67)good for groups (63)great for lunch (35)romantic (34)notable wine list (23)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (14)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Really Enjoy This Restaurantfun2dineVIPDined on 9/13/2014These folks really know how to operate a great restaurant. They took a good casual Italian and turned it into a very good Greek specialty house. The interior is charming, although it is normally full and obviously no thought was given to deadning the sound. We find that just adds to the charm of this steadily improving venue. Management takes pride in accommodating special requests and you should find your table waiting for you, there is no sign that they overbook. The food is, quite simply, delicious. My wife enjoyed one of her favorite cocktails, and, a fried cheese delicacy . I had the crabcake and lentils, an amazing treat for me, and, our entrées were delicious! Lamb cooked to perfection and a wonderful Greek pasta. Try Esteria, great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, bad serviceBubbie2VIPDined on 9/13/2014This is our 2nd time at Estia and we all agree the food is good but the service leaves a lot to be desired. It took quite some time for the server to get to us. She never came back to offer another another drink until we were almost done with our entrée. My water glass was dirty. My husband and I had 2 different fishes and they looked and tasted exactly the same, the portions were small. We loved Pietros and we would be so happy if it came back!!!!
- Absolutely SplendidOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Food, service, ambience! Bravo! Must try in Marlton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomedinnerDined on 9/11/2014food was very fresh and delicious. bar made great drinks. service started off slow then picked up ... loved it so muchSpecial Features:
- Great foodJoeydeluxedDined on 9/10/2014The food at Estia was extremely good although a bit pricey. Our group had 2 fish dishes, chicken and lamb chops. All were prepared very well. The grilled octopus appetizer was one of the best I've ever eaten. However, for desert we all baklava which was an extreme disappointment. We will return again and would recommend it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperLBSuperLBVIPDined on 9/8/2014My guest & I had an excellent dining experience. Service was excellent & complimentary dessert was a nice way of apologizing for my platter being initially Luke warm.Special Features:
- Nice first visitMarlenieGSVIPDined on 9/7/2014We love Estia in town. This has different menu. First course fantastic mussels in wonderful sauce. Had special of the day which was grilled Dorado. Very good. Lamb chops delicious also. Nice cocktail and wine selection. Beautiful decor. We will return.Special Features:
- DianneDined on 9/6/2014THE BEST AUTHENTIC GREEK FOOD ANYWHERE!!!? GRILLED OCTUS TO DIE FRSpecial Features:
- fabulous birthday lunchJerseyMomDined on 9/4/2014A friend offered to take me out to lunch to celebrate my birthday. I chose Estia for the occasion to try it out. We had an early lunch midweek and had a wonderful experience. Our waiter could not have been more friendly or helpful, the food was delicious and the ambiance perfect for a quiet and sophisticated lunch. I understand it gets crowded on the weekends, but I will be returning on a regular basis for its wonderful lunch atmosphere. How fortunate we are that Estia has come to South Jersey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2014The food was great. The service was good. The prices are a bit high for Marlton, NJ. Overall, we left the restaurant happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miss MarieRERE10Dined on 8/29/2014I brought 5 other people with me who are hard to please and everyone said they would come back. I have only been there twice and the place was crowded both times.Special Features:
- Good PlaceGreatfoodDined on 8/29/2014Beautiful resturant with great food and terrific serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!Chris77Dined on 8/28/2014The three-course business lunch was such a great deal. There was a limited selection but both my dining partner and I chose from this menu and enjoyed every bite! The bifteki souvlaki was delicious and the karidopita melted in my mouth. I would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealAnniversaryDined on 8/17/2014Since we could not make it to Greece, we went to Estia's to celebrate our anniversary. The food was great, as always and the service was great. View were disappointed that I forgot to ask for Anthony but Jennifer was great also. I loved the chocolate lava cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMichaelVIPDined on 8/16/2014Every once in a while you come across a real gem...this place is just that. Everything about it was the best!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerGGQ44Dined on 8/16/2014Our meal was absolutely wonderful..We were in a bit of a high traffic area, and the noise level was was a bit high at times - especially when the bar was full. Leon was great and did explain everything to us. Will definitely eat there again.. Great to try some authentic Greek dishes. We have not experienced this before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good to be thereWolfiDined on 8/15/2014It was a great time, good service, the waitress was a pleasure and the food outstanding. Been there the 3rd time.Special Features:
- Always great.babybette1VIPDined on 8/15/2014This is the second time we have been there and it was wonderful again! Great Seafood. Love the oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- connielouDined on 8/13/2014At first you pass the fresh fish on ice before begin seated. The menu is above the ordinary. We share a alb black bass encrusted in salt to bake, flambéd at table side and then filleted in the kitchen. The green parsley sauce wiped attractively across the plate was a nice accompaniment The only negatives, the view of the parking lots could have been concealed with sheers and the bank seating had no firmness and was not comfortable.Special Features:
- Great ServicechfoodieDined on 8/9/2014Had to increase reservations from 6 to 8 people at last minute. VERY accommodating staff. Made it happen in less than 10 minutes and all guests were seated on time. Food is great, also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMidgeVIPDined on 8/9/2014Not the original. The selection is more limited but the prices remain the same. If you choose carefully you can still get quality for your dollar
- Wonderful and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Everything was wonderful. The food, the presentation, the servers. If I could I would eat there weekly!!!!!!! Unbelievable greek salad and the best grilled stuffed calamari ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!Live2TravelMoreDined on 8/8/2014Had a wonderful night out with the girls!! Food and wine were wonderful! Service was wonderful! Ambience was Wonderful! It is on our list of regular spots now! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/5/2014Restaurant is very pretentious, over-priced, small quantities, and lacking that extra something that makes the food great.Special Features:
- get your greek on!ameliaowlDined on 8/2/2014I know good spinach pie, hummus and galaktoboureko as i make them at home. So I was eager to compare them, and the mousaka, to my versions. I was NOT disappointed. All were soooooo good. I also had PEI mussels and their juice was so tasty that i needed to ask for more bread to dip into this delight. My reservation was early evening and the waiter was able to linger and we enjoyed his friendliness and recommendations. We left after dinner as the noise level was beginning to be annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice addition to South JerseyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014Estia Taverna is a nice addition to South Jersey although I have to say I always enjoyed their predecessor restaurant, Pietros. I do prefer the Estia in Philly for ambiance and even food but no complaints about the addition to Marlton.Special Features:
- Excellent FareCosd47VIPDined on 7/25/2014Pietro's has been completely transformed into a very vibrant Greek restaurant which is a somewhat scaled down version of Estia in Philadelphia. The interior is very appealing and looks nothing like the brick oven Pizzeria/Italian eatery that was Pietro's. Wait staff is very attentive and service is very good. The menu consists mostly of fish dishes but there are other offerings for non-fish lovers although it seems one would choose to dine here primarily for fish. Nice selection of Greek wines, none of them overly expensive. Only complaint is the noise level. On a Saturday night it can become uncomfortably noisy.Special Features:
- Becoming a FavoriteOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 7/24/2014Estia Taverna is very close to my home and a great place to stop after work with the bonus of Open Table points Though it was very busy, my dining experience was superb. My server, Jennifer, was exceptional! She timed the delivery of each course, noting that I was eating a bit slowly because I was engrossed in a book.The Estia Chips are delicious and are worth coming in for even if that's all you get. I had the Mousaka, perfect comfort food. Estia Taverna is on the way to becoming one of my favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Estia ExperienceLindsorDined on 7/24/2014Our dinner was wonderful, great food, great service. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy, not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant was very noisy even though it wasn't full. The menu is limited and although we waited over half an hour for our entrees mine was cold when it was served. The waitress made several excuses about the restaurant being very busy, which it clearly was not. This is our second visit and we had only gone back thinking the problems with our first visit were due to being new. Sadly that doesn't seem to be the case so we won't be going back.
- Was greatBigHDined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed our dinner. Food quality as good as Philly location.Special Features:
- InterestedDined on 7/19/2014A very enjoyable evening, we were treated well, the food was excellent, and we will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SavtathreeDined on 7/19/2014This was our first visit to the NJ location. Did a very nice job with the decor and menu. I had the sardines and dorado & both were delicious. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- A Neighborhoood GemrichVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had heard a lot about Estia and were lucky enough to snag a reservation. We opted for small plates which were wonderful. The Greek Tomato salad oozed freshness. The Greek meatballs were good as was the grilled octopus. We had the seafood special as our entree which combined a variety of seafood in a blush dressing. We can't wait to come back to taste the lamb. We felt the cost was fair. We enjoyed three glasses of wine expertly described by our server Alexander. The place is beautiful and the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food comparable to PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014Started with classic great salad which was good except for the small portion of Feta. estia in Philly has a better Greek salad. Red snapper was good and so was the chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjjjjDined on 7/13/2014Limited brunch selection, variable quality. Omelet dry and tasteless. Fish of the day quite good; appetizers good and plentiful.
- Get the grilled octopus!njdcgirlDined on 7/12/2014The grilled octopus was out of this world - so tender and delicious! Must have! We split that and the spinach pie for appetizers. The pie was also very good - traditional spanakopita and large enough for two to share. We split the lamb chops for dinner which were also well done and delicious. Good wine by the glass - the waitress let me try a couple Greek whites before I picked one. For dessert we tried the baklava - it was also very good, not as sweet as some which was a good thing to me! It was served with a small scoop of icecream. It wasn't a cheap meal, but I would go back for sure! I wish we had a group so we could have tried a few more appetizers!Special Features:
- Worth a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/12/2014A huge improvement over their other multiple location restaurant that was located in same spot. Food is good, service is friendly but a bit off. Missed our side dish and by the time it came we were all but done eating, had to ask for replacement silverware. Estia chips are addictive and worth a trip to the bar just to get them.Special Features:
- Greek and Mediterranean mealsMarltonTomDined on 7/11/2014Ate here for the first time, this week. They have a great menu and rotating line of specials. The dining area is beautiful, the food was wonderful and service was attentive. Would definitely return when craving Mediterranean fareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding StaffStephenVIPDined on 7/10/2014I can't say enough good about the wait staff!!! From the buss persons to the waitresses to the hostesses they were just top notch, they helped each other, the knew the menu and were very personable!!! The appetizers were good and though flavorful, the fried calamari was tough (easy to overcook). The salads were very good and the entrees (lamb for her and halibut for me) were very good!Special Features: