Estia Taverna - New Jersey
140 W. Route 70
Marlton, NJ 08053Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
Estia Taverna - New Jersey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.estiataverna.com/
- Phone: 8565965500x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Friday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Happy Hour is everyday at the bar from 8:30pm - close
A word from Estia Taverna - New Jersey
The stunning restaurant, which is the first of its kind in South Jersey, will transport guests to the Greek Islands with an atmosphere reminiscent of an inviting Mediterranean home, and a menu of authentic specialties, simply prepared, that represent the best of Greek cuisine. The restaurant specializes in whole grilled fish, which are flown in from the Greek islands, the shores of Morocco, Tunisia and Portugal, and procured from independent North American fishermen. We have created a welcoming restaurant designed with the comforts of a typical Greek home. We used materials such as hand-chiseled Jerusalem limestone floors, hand woven rugs, vaulted ceilings, antiqued stucco walls, wood plank floors and exposed wood beams to evoke the traditional atmosphere. A series of dining areas feature rustic farm tables, dark wood chairs with beige cushions and dining nooks with upholstered banquettes. The homelike ambience is accentuated with whitewashed walls.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estia Taverna - New Jersey reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (97)neighborhood gem (84)special occasion (79)good for groups (67)great for lunch (39)romantic (37)notable wine list (20)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (15)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great lunch!Chris77Dined on 8/28/2014The three-course business lunch was such a great deal. There was a limited selection but both my dining partner and I chose from this menu and enjoyed every bite! The bifteki souvlaki was delicious and the karidopita melted in my mouth. I would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealAnniversaryDined on 8/17/2014Since we could not make it to Greece, we went to Estia's to celebrate our anniversary. The food was great, as always and the service was great. View were disappointed that I forgot to ask for Anthony but Jennifer was great also. I loved the chocolate lava cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMichaelVIPDined on 8/16/2014Every once in a while you come across a real gem...this place is just that. Everything about it was the best!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerGGQ44Dined on 8/16/2014Our meal was absolutely wonderful..We were in a bit of a high traffic area, and the noise level was was a bit high at times - especially when the bar was full. Leon was great and did explain everything to us. Will definitely eat there again.. Great to try some authentic Greek dishes. We have not experienced this before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good to be thereWolfiDined on 8/15/2014It was a great time, good service, the waitress was a pleasure and the food outstanding. Been there the 3rd time.Special Features:
- Always great.babybette1VIPDined on 8/15/2014This is the second time we have been there and it was wonderful again! Great Seafood. Love the oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- connielouDined on 8/13/2014At first you pass the fresh fish on ice before begin seated. The menu is above the ordinary. We share a alb black bass encrusted in salt to bake, flambéd at table side and then filleted in the kitchen. The green parsley sauce wiped attractively across the plate was a nice accompaniment The only negatives, the view of the parking lots could have been concealed with sheers and the bank seating had no firmness and was not comfortable.Special Features:
- Great ServicechfoodieDined on 8/9/2014Had to increase reservations from 6 to 8 people at last minute. VERY accommodating staff. Made it happen in less than 10 minutes and all guests were seated on time. Food is great, also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMidgeVIPDined on 8/9/2014Not the original. The selection is more limited but the prices remain the same. If you choose carefully you can still get quality for your dollar
- Wonderful and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Everything was wonderful. The food, the presentation, the servers. If I could I would eat there weekly!!!!!!! Unbelievable greek salad and the best grilled stuffed calamari ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!Live2TravelMoreDined on 8/8/2014Had a wonderful night out with the girls!! Food and wine were wonderful! Service was wonderful! Ambience was Wonderful! It is on our list of regular spots now! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/5/2014Restaurant is very pretentious, over-priced, small quantities, and lacking that extra something that makes the food great.Special Features:
- get your greek on!ameliaowlDined on 8/2/2014I know good spinach pie, hummus and galaktoboureko as i make them at home. So I was eager to compare them, and the mousaka, to my versions. I was NOT disappointed. All were soooooo good. I also had PEI mussels and their juice was so tasty that i needed to ask for more bread to dip into this delight. My reservation was early evening and the waiter was able to linger and we enjoyed his friendliness and recommendations. We left after dinner as the noise level was beginning to be annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice addition to South JerseyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014Estia Taverna is a nice addition to South Jersey although I have to say I always enjoyed their predecessor restaurant, Pietros. I do prefer the Estia in Philly for ambiance and even food but no complaints about the addition to Marlton.Special Features:
- Excellent FareCosd47VIPDined on 7/25/2014Pietro's has been completely transformed into a very vibrant Greek restaurant which is a somewhat scaled down version of Estia in Philadelphia. The interior is very appealing and looks nothing like the brick oven Pizzeria/Italian eatery that was Pietro's. Wait staff is very attentive and service is very good. The menu consists mostly of fish dishes but there are other offerings for non-fish lovers although it seems one would choose to dine here primarily for fish. Nice selection of Greek wines, none of them overly expensive. Only complaint is the noise level. On a Saturday night it can become uncomfortably noisy.Special Features:
- Becoming a FavoriteOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 7/24/2014Estia Taverna is very close to my home and a great place to stop after work with the bonus of Open Table points Though it was very busy, my dining experience was superb. My server, Jennifer, was exceptional! She timed the delivery of each course, noting that I was eating a bit slowly because I was engrossed in a book.The Estia Chips are delicious and are worth coming in for even if that's all you get. I had the Mousaka, perfect comfort food. Estia Taverna is on the way to becoming one of my favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Estia ExperienceLindsorDined on 7/24/2014Our dinner was wonderful, great food, great service. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy, not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant was very noisy even though it wasn't full. The menu is limited and although we waited over half an hour for our entrees mine was cold when it was served. The waitress made several excuses about the restaurant being very busy, which it clearly was not. This is our second visit and we had only gone back thinking the problems with our first visit were due to being new. Sadly that doesn't seem to be the case so we won't be going back.
- Was greatBigHDined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed our dinner. Food quality as good as Philly location.Special Features:
- InterestedDined on 7/19/2014A very enjoyable evening, we were treated well, the food was excellent, and we will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SavtathreeDined on 7/19/2014This was our first visit to the NJ location. Did a very nice job with the decor and menu. I had the sardines and dorado & both were delicious. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- A Neighborhoood GemrichVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had heard a lot about Estia and were lucky enough to snag a reservation. We opted for small plates which were wonderful. The Greek Tomato salad oozed freshness. The Greek meatballs were good as was the grilled octopus. We had the seafood special as our entree which combined a variety of seafood in a blush dressing. We can't wait to come back to taste the lamb. We felt the cost was fair. We enjoyed three glasses of wine expertly described by our server Alexander. The place is beautiful and the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food comparable to PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014Started with classic great salad which was good except for the small portion of Feta. estia in Philly has a better Greek salad. Red snapper was good and so was the chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjjjjDined on 7/13/2014Limited brunch selection, variable quality. Omelet dry and tasteless. Fish of the day quite good; appetizers good and plentiful.
- Get the grilled octopus!njdcgirlDined on 7/12/2014The grilled octopus was out of this world - so tender and delicious! Must have! We split that and the spinach pie for appetizers. The pie was also very good - traditional spanakopita and large enough for two to share. We split the lamb chops for dinner which were also well done and delicious. Good wine by the glass - the waitress let me try a couple Greek whites before I picked one. For dessert we tried the baklava - it was also very good, not as sweet as some which was a good thing to me! It was served with a small scoop of icecream. It wasn't a cheap meal, but I would go back for sure! I wish we had a group so we could have tried a few more appetizers!Special Features:
- Worth a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/12/2014A huge improvement over their other multiple location restaurant that was located in same spot. Food is good, service is friendly but a bit off. Missed our side dish and by the time it came we were all but done eating, had to ask for replacement silverware. Estia chips are addictive and worth a trip to the bar just to get them.Special Features:
- Greek and Mediterranean mealsMarltonTomDined on 7/11/2014Ate here for the first time, this week. They have a great menu and rotating line of specials. The dining area is beautiful, the food was wonderful and service was attentive. Would definitely return when craving Mediterranean fareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding StaffStephenVIPDined on 7/10/2014I can't say enough good about the wait staff!!! From the buss persons to the waitresses to the hostesses they were just top notch, they helped each other, the knew the menu and were very personable!!! The appetizers were good and though flavorful, the fried calamari was tough (easy to overcook). The salads were very good and the entrees (lamb for her and halibut for me) were very good!Special Features:
- fish n gyroBiggOttoVIPDined on 7/8/2014Our lunch was great. mussels and fish gyro were yummy. Richard our server was on the ball. Peace, Dave and VoulaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but slow serviceDebbieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Food was good, service was just ok. They ran out of bread that evening and the appetizer order was not what we ordered. Was a bit disappointed after reading so many rave reviews. Did think the ambiance was really nice.Special Features:
- TCOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014Good food but I think expensive for what we ate/drank. I would go back but not very often because of the pricesSpecial Features:
- Estia LightDickgVIPDined on 6/29/2014This restaurant is a cut down version of the Center City Estia. The menu is comprehensive but does not give the choices available at the other location. The preparations are similar but the choice of fish is limited. The service was poor. We had to remind the server that one party had ordered an appetizer which order was never placed. The other diner ordered soup and a main course and was asked if she wanted them at the same time. When escorted to the table, there were two paths which could have been selected. The hostess walked us through the one that had a large box of silverware on the floor making the trip more precarious than necessary. I will go to Center City for my Estia fix rather than to the pale imitation.
- great foodamoreDined on 6/28/2014the vegetable salad with haloumi cheese was delicious, as were the vegetarian entrees we ordered.Special Features:
- jpAlexisBVIPDined on 6/27/2014Looking forward to Estia; however, disappointed in the blandness of the food. Service was fabulous. Terrific looking restaurant. It just didn't wow me, especially for the prices. I had the halibut which was very dry even though it was in a red broth. Everything was just okay. I would go back to give it one more try before discounting completely. I have to say that the restaurant is absolutely beautiful and has a great vibe.
- It was a wonderful dinner!Kc22wcDined on 6/23/2014My birthday dinner was a delicious experience. I had already dined in Estia in Philadelphia and now have another chance to enjoy this restaurant in my area. I would recommend dining here to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Vast Improvement from Openingfun2dineVIPDined on 6/21/2014I waited until the second visit to file a review because our first experience showed the place to be rather disorganized. I am glad we decided to return for another try. This time the staff seemed poised, eager to be of assistance, and capable. Our server was knowledgeable of the menu items, and, worked hard to make us extremely comfortable. This is not easy to do when it's so loud you can't even begin to hear your dinner partner. The food, however, was extremely good. It was creative, tasty, and delicious. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/21/2014Our dinner at Estia was absolutely wonderful! It was the perfect meal for a warm summer night. The appetizers, salad and entrees were divine! We have dined many times at Estia in Philadelphia and they are a welcome addition to the Marlton area. Our service was wonderful and I can not even say enough about the food. As a vegetarian I have quite a few options and they are always delicious. It is one of my favorite places to go!Special Features:
- Notable but NoisyDanBVIPDined on 6/21/2014Estia, in town, is one of our favorite restaurants, so we were excited they are now in our neighborhood. We were not disappointed. They turned a pizza eatery into a beautifully appointed taverna. As others commented, the only downside is the extreme noise. We had to yell to have a conversation. The food, on the other hand, is wonderful. The octopus app and greek salad are perfect starters. Dinner comes with bread and hummus so I would skip the spread app and ask for pita to substitute the bread. The dorado and lavraki were prepared perfectly with olive oil and capers. The servers were so efficient that we had to ask them to slow down between courses.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experienceABBdogrescuerDined on 6/21/2014The dinner menu is excellent, the service (especially our server) was very good...including the changing of silverware between courses. Two issues though. The acoustics are not good. It was so loud that while I could hear the conversations from across the room I found it hard to hear my wife or our server. More important is that while we were asked how we wanted our lamb and our salmon, the cook obviously was not in the game, not paying attention to how we had asked for the food to be cooked. The salmon was raw in the middle had to be send back and my lamb was raw in the middle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but very noisyTravel2eatDined on 6/20/2014Having loved Estia in Philly for years we were excited to try the new location in Marlton. First impression was that the ambience of the center city restaurant wasn't replicated here. Nice for a group but not very romantic. We were seated immediately and greeted by our server promptly. The food was as wonderful as what we've come to expect. Fish was perfectly cooked and extremely fresh. Our favorite dessert- the Greek yogurt with almonds and honey was as fabulous as always. Unfortunately the noise level in the restaurant was extremely loud on the Friday night we were there as the restaurant was nearly filled to capacity. I'd definitely go back but probably only for lunch. For dinner it's still worth the extra effort to drive into the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.